The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 World Cup

professional

professional

Who would Fiji have?

Kevin and Wes Naiqama would be there and Sisa Waqa is eligible too. I think there are two Millard brothers who are eligible, I know one plays for the Catalans.

Uate and Hayne are possible but unlikely.

The real coup would be getting Ashton, Tariq and Korbin Sims to all play. Add in Jayson Bukuya and that is a decent set of forwards. 
Morgues

Morgues

Isn't Korobiete Fijian?
He's pretty handy, I remember him running down Waqa on a touchline dash to the tryline in Round 26 last season. 
professional

professional

I think he is, he might have even been born in Fiji. The problem is Fiji have wingers and fullbacks coming out their ears but nobody in the halves. 
anin84

anin84

If Tariq Sims has a good year hell be in the nsw team which will rule him out, but ashton might run out for the fijians. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Thought they were Tongan? 
grobbo73

grobbo73

Yes he has pledged his allegience to Fiji and word is that Tuquiri is putting his hand up for Fiji. Join in the Millard Brothers, the Naqaima brothers, maybe Hayne, Korobeite, Waqa and also Peni Tagive, then there's a kid in the Roosters 20's, Paul Rokolati and kid at Parra, Kamikamica who both look promising. As I've said before I really think Fiji can be a bona-fide force in years to come with the right development. 
professional

professional

I believe John Sutton is eligible for Fiji as his mother is Fijian. He almost played for them in the 2008 World Cup but got injured if I remember correctly. 
Watnow

Watnow

Aaron Groom at a real push 
professional

professional

I think Samoa and Tonga might have squads that will be as strong as Fiji. If they can get a few NRL players in they'll push for the semi-finals. 
professional

professional

Tonga:

1. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Michael Jennings
5. Etuate Uaisele
7. Eddie Paea
8. Willie Mason
9. Nafe Seluini
10. Brent Kite
11. Ukuma Ta'ai
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Anthony Tupou

15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Sione Lousi

Possibly Jorge Taufua. Lopini and Mickey Paea would all be eligible too.

Ed: Completely forgot about Sam Moa, Willie Manu and Epalahame Lauaki. As long as they don't try to play Manu at hooker again they would all be quality additions. 
TheTongue

TheTongue

Wasn't there talks of Petero possibly captaining the Batis? 
grobbo73

grobbo73

There was and I thought it was no hope when first mentioned as Petero would have been out of the game for over 12 months but now he's playing for Redcliffe there is a good chance. I'm not a fan of the swapping nations but if Petero and Lote as well played for Fiji it would be a big boost for them and would raise the profile of the game in Fiji. 
anin84

anin84

I did read somewhere that petero will be involved with fiji in one form or another. Wouldnt hurt as the forwards coach for them. 
matthew

matthew

I hope everyone gets behind the World Cup. It's a celebration of our game, all the nations that take part in the game and the cultures that have embraced our game. Whilst the final is only between three sides with one missing out, the World Cup is more than just winning and losing - it's about celebrating our game. 
Watnow

Watnow

Exactly I can't wait and see what the Celtic Nations teams look like 
professional

professional

Hopefully their teams are a bit more genuine this time. In 2008 I think Scotland had 1 player who wasn't selected due to having Scottish grandparents and I think Ireland was only a bit better with 4 Irish-based and/or born players. 
Watnow

Watnow

Hopefully in the future it'll be easier for them to draw players.
Australia vs Wales - when the Welsh had the likes of Briers, Harris and others they really pushed the Kangaroos.
Last World Cup people expected the Samoans and Tongans to Waltz into the finals 
anin84

anin84

Wales should get to the quarters where they will more than likely meet the Australians. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Italy should beat Wales, purely just based on possessing many NRL players or experienced few now in Super League. 
DIEHARD

DIEHARD

Well said. 
streetcowboy

streetcowboy

Personally, I'm looking forward to a cracking competitive world cup with games against Tonga and Italy in Workington, and then the USA at Salford. I'm just hoping that the TV coverage is better than 2008, when I had to watch the Fiji Scotland game in the pub on the BBC Latest Scores web page, having taken the afternoon off work for it...

SC 
professional

professional

How many people are actually going to make the journey to the World Cup? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

If I win Lotto, I will. Would definitely if it was in NZ though. 
DIEHARD

DIEHARD

I got my tickets! Hope we get lots of Aussies headed over! 
keighleyweb

keighleyweb

I'm hoping to get to the Italy vs Tonga game in Halifax. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181