The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

12 years and Under Rugby League Championship Mackay 2012

harrofam

harrofam

[h=2]Victoria's Boom start to the U12's Championships[/h]

http://www-static2.sportingpulse.com/pics/00/01/99/84/1998480_1_O.jpg http://www-static2.sportingpulse.com/pics/00/01/99/84/1998480_1_M.jpg

Victorian Coach Ryan Walker is very possitive after the first 3 matches "As a team we are getting better every game which is pleasing. Today's result against ACT was an outstanding achievement for this group of boys and they are commited to keep working hard for the remainder of the championships".

The opening 3 wins from their first 3 matches leaves the Victorians in a great position as they can not finish lower than the top 4 when the semi finals begin on Friday. After finishing 8th at last years event, this is a tremendous achievement. The Victorians are full of confidence however are up for their toughest challenge of the tournament tomorrow as they take on one of the favourites NSW.
All the best to the boys in their upcoming matches.
GO THE VICS

[LIST]
[*]Completed Matches:
[/LIST]
[U]Game 1 - VIC 44 def SA 6[/U]
Tries - Tira Aporo 3, Ivor Cook, Ralph Lafituanai, Shahil Khan, Felix Niutili-Schmidt, Jamarl Firebrace. Goals - Tira Aporo, Mali Le Pou, Harry Ma'o, Chevan Papatua, Aaron Papatua, Ivor Cook.
Man of the Match - Tira Aporo
[U]Game 2 - VIC 26 def WA[/U] 6
Tries - Ephraim Tearoa, Harry Ma'o, Tira Aporo, Jamarl Firebrace, Trent Toelau. Goals - Tira Aporo, Chevan Papatua, Ivor Cook.
Man of the Match - Giovanni Poti
[U]Game 3 - VIC 34 def ACT[/U] 6
Tries - Giovanni Poti, Ephraim Tearoa, Shahil Khan, Shaydyn Pirere, Ralph Lafituanai, Tira Aporo. Goals - Tira Aporo, Jamarl Firebrace, Mali Le Pou, Chevan Papatua, Ivor Cook.
Man of the Match - Aaron Papatua

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-2121-0-0-0&sID=194335&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=20175732 
View all 38 comments
harrofam

harrofam

That's unbelievable Macarthur Saints. Here in QLD the u/12 State and National Championship comps are a big deal. About three quarters or more of the 2006 Qld team are playing at a top level in league including MM Cup,SG Ball,Fogs Colts and NYC. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

under 12's in qld is a school based team. alot of schools in brisbane do not promote it to their students, in particular anti rugby league schools(most private schools). Some kids picked in these teams do not even play club rugby league footy. 
GavinMiller

GavinMiller

That is what makes these teams stronger, because they are not restricted to kids who play club Rugby League. Any child that is 12yrs and under and attends any type of school (both primary and secondary) are eligible for these teams.
Less enthusiastic schools (i.e.. the Rugby Union schools) can be overcome with some open lines of communication, and perhaps direct communication with parents.
I do not agree with your a lot of schools in Brisbane do not promote to their students, as there are a lot of schools represented in the respective regional teams that attend the State Championships.
Anyway, not that it concerns QLD, the problem is which children in NSW are attending their trials. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

My sons school was not even told of the trials and i know many others that were in the same boat. They do not have a league team at the school. I do agree though most schools are told of the trials although school teachers give the 3 forms per school to who ever they like and not always the better players. 
GavinMiller

GavinMiller

Not sure what Region your son is in saintsfc, but that is very poor form if schools are not notified of trials.
Dates for trials of every sport on various websites, so perhaps it takes some questioning of the school by parents, about which students (if any are being sent).
My son is in a Northern region, the teachers here seem to be fairly exhaustive in finding kids and getting them to trials. 
WesternLegend

WesternLegend

Any chance of posting both the QLD teams?

I would be interested in where they come from, could make for any interesting Under 13s at the 2013 QRL State Junior Championships. 
harrofam

harrofam

[h=2]VIC U12's Finish THIRD[/h]

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-2121-0-0-0&sID=194335&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=20243319
After winning their opening 4 matches of the U12's National Championships. The Victorian boys took on the might of QLD in the Semi Final, unfortunately the Queenslanders were too strong as they defeated the VIC's 38 - 0.

So that left the VIC's in the playoff for 3rd and 4th against Northern Territory on the final day.

After the heavy defeat from the Queenslanders just a day before, the VIC boys bounced back against NT as they produced yet another great performance in the 32 - 10 victory.
After being involved in the 2011 championships where the Victorians did not win a game, coach Ryan Walker was delighted with the turnaround in 2012 "What an awesome day! This feeling is one of the best feelings I have ever had! Great stuff team VIC!!!".
All of the players and staff should be commended on their tremendous performances over the week, to only lose the one game out of 6 and to finish 3rd is an amazing achievement.
Well done boys!!! 
walford

walford

Great work from the NT U12 boys (I think we even had 1 girl). Big effort to go to a national carnival and make the semi finals!!! 
ALX21

ALX21

Queensland Invitational Team
1. Dejzha Pene [Taigum SS] POINSETTIAS
2. Tommy Wolf [Kentville SS] KOOKABURRAS
3. Angus Jakins [Toowoomba Prepatory School] MUSTANGS
4. Mackenzie Baker [Mundingburra SS] MARLINS
5. Ioane Seiuli [Norfolk Village SS] KOOKABURRAS
6. Paul Karaitiana [Algester SS] POINSETTIAS
7. Nick Carbone [Samford SS] POINSETTIAS
8. Lizaya Iti [St Francis College] POINSETTIAS
9. Taj Hinton [Mt Crosby SS] KOOKABURRAS
10. Hamilton Taia [Heatley SS] MARLINS
11. Geordie Brand [Windaroo SS] ?
12. Ethan Bullemor [Our Lady of the Sacred Heart] CAPRAS
13. Jake Woodman [Yarrilee SS] BULLS
14. Tyler Ziesemer [Coolumn SS] BULLS
15. Peter Pritchard [Durack SS] POINSETTIAS
16. Luke Maiden [St Mary’s Toowoomba] MUSTANGS
17. Lachlan Postle [The Willows SS] MARLINS 
ALX21

ALX21

Queensland Team
1. Sebastian Winters-Chang [Runcorn Heights SS] POINSETTIAS
2. Ryan Shepherd [St Patrick’s College Shorncliffe] POINSETTIAS
3. Joe Small [Banksia Beach SS] BULLS
4. Lazeryth Sua [Edens Landing SS] POINSETTIAS
5. Billy Mozer [Guardian Angels Primary School] KOOKABURRAS
6. Ethan Le Blanc [Redland Bay SS] POINSETTIAS
7. Corey Paix [Harristown SS] MUSTANGS
8. David Butler [Loganholme SS] ?
9. Fionn Morrison [Ithaca Creek SS] POINSETTIAS
10. Phransis Sula-Siaosi [St Joseph’s Tobruk School] ?
11. Bailey Tau Tau [Belgian Gardens SS] MARLINS
12. Isaak McLean [Eumundi SS] BULLS
13. Lokee Brookes [St Mary’s Toowoomba] MUSTANGS
14. Jarret Subloo [Good Counsel PS Innisfail] MARLINS
15. Xavier Soli [Carina SS] POINSETTIAS
16. Nichlous Niu [Kruger SS] KOOKABURRAS
17. Tino Faasuamaleaui [Jones Hill SS] BULLS 
Gronk

Gronk

H run through that team for me i would be interested in those numbers 
harrofam

harrofam

2006 Qld Primary Schools Team
Theo Hing ?
Scott Doyle Canberra
Hoani Rose ?
Isaiah Mosese Rebels Rugby
Jarrod Watson Broncos
Francis Molo Broncos
Costner Lemafa Bulldogs
Trevor Tepa ?
Callan Twaddle ?
Ben O'Leary ?
Sam Parcell Ipswich MM
Sean McMahon Qld 7's Rugby
Jumi Adams Broncos
Kodi Nikorima Broncos
Billy Brittain Broncos
Adam Harris Norths MM
Patrick Curry ?
Some of those kids marked ? have played MM I think but I'm not sure who for. 
Gronk

Gronk

I think that was a very good year for succession rate. i know Hing and Curry are not playing 
harrofam

harrofam

They were over at Centenary with you the last time I saw them play. 
Gronk

Gronk

would like to know your opinion on how many 50 game NRL players will come out of that team 
harrofam

harrofam

Maybe two...both forwards. 
Gronk

Gronk

Yes and Trevor Tepa and Costner 
Gronk

Gronk

ok i think i know who you referring to one green and a horse. I better not comment too many people read this 
harrofam

harrofam

LOL......
Most of those kids still have the ability but convincing those with the power to unleash that potential is in my opinion an almost impossible task. 
GavinMiller

GavinMiller

A couple of those boys (o'Leary & Rose) with ? suffered fairly serious injuries and are no longer playing .
Like all 'age' teams the strength varies from year to year. That year was particularly strong as evidenced by the data you have presented.
We are talking about a 12yrs and under team, so when you start talking about 50 game NRL players we're possibly talking a decade between 12yrs and playing those 50 NRL games.
IMO having 2 or 3 players from these teams that play any NRL games would be a fair 'strike rate'. 
harrofam

harrofam

I hadn't heard that about Ben and Hoani. They were both good young footballers. As you say having 2 or 3 players from these teams that play any NRL games would be a fair 'strike rate'. 
Gronk

Gronk

Tragic when young players suffer serious injuries and there is a big difference between nrl players and 50 game nrl players and i have seen the shortcomings of plenty. Have never done the conversion stats of under 12 state teams to MM standard or above but i used to compare schoolboy 15s teams to state 18 and 19s teams and fallout rate was amazing 
Gronk

Gronk

I dont mind being specific on this topic give me something to comment on specifically 
Gronk

Gronk

H give me something more specific to comment on give me some examples 
harrofam

harrofam

Not to sure what you mean and like you said to many people read this but I'll pm you. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181