The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Titans 2013 Lineup

Morkel

Morkel

Not many GC fans on this forum so thought I'd see who most people think will be the top 17 and who'll be chosen for captain.

I for one would still give Bailey the (c) - yeah he's likely only got a year left but he's everything you need in a captain, and deserves to go out leading. Wouldn't be surprised though if it goes to someone with a few more years in them.

As for the team, with so many quality back-rowers I think Myles will probably be pushed up to prop. Halfback is wide open, but with Sezer having size on his side, a fast, nippy halfback may be the way to go. So for now I'll go with Kelly assuming he gets his head straight.

1) Zillman
2) Mead
3) Champion / Michaels
4) Idris
5) Gordon
6) Sezer
7) Kelly
8) Bailey (c)
9) Srama
10) Myles
11) Bird
12) Taylor
13) Harrison

14) Falloon
15) Douglas
16) Miniciello
17) O'Dwyer / Ridge
18) White 
View all 66 comments
cpr_89

cpr_89

Brad Takairangi signed for three years, could be a candidate for left centre spot. 
professional

professional

:P Are you talking about yourself in the third person or are you meaning 'one of the Aspley RLFC's heroes'? 
MrChook

MrChook

Not so sure about that, His defence isn't that flash.

Handy bench player, his offloads can be lethal when brought on against a tiring defence. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I agree but the Titans are stacked for backrow options and it's a three year deal which is a long time...he wouldn't get a game as a backrower but he would get a few as centre. 
professional

professional

Back up backrower for the Origin period :P 
tanzim.alam

tanzim.alam

Doesn't matter who is playing in the centres, they need to make sure that their halves are firing. 
Morkel

Morkel

To a point, but their centres have been a major weak point. Hopefully Idris has an injury-free year and starts to run with a bit of mongrel.

BTW, if you want to change your alias hit up the mods at the following link ;)

http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?4103-Name-change 
boots1

boots1

My two Bobs worth:

The coach is not accountable. They signed Idris, who was destined to be a flop, they obviously didn't do there due diligence. Do you think the Bulldogs would have got into a bidding war to keep him if they could have afforded it....NO. He lacks drive and is not team orientated. Probably in the top 3 payed at the club. Prince had lost the respect of the group, and it was best for both parties to move forward, but once again if they where honest this should have been planned for early last year and instead of chasing a quality half they end up with Taylor. GC of old used to chase a marque signing regardless of what they bring to the group, and it appears that they are re-offending now... There recruitment strategy seems to be backwards to me and the buck stop with the coach. If the don't perform again this year then you would have to take the business approach and seek change. O'dwyer is a toiler at best, hope he is not sucking up too much of the cap. They have a good back three and Seizer has a heap of potential. Just think the boat is sailing in the wrong direction and the captain needs to be accountable. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Interesting that Gordon is trialing in the centres...never thought he'd get a shot there but it's good to see. I do remember watching him in the 20s playing centre and he embarrassed dean Whare and thinking that was impressive. There would be doubts over size but I think it could be an interesting development. 
Morkel

Morkel

All valid points. Totally agree regarding recruitment. Cartwright obviously only values the work of the forwards so either doesn't bother to think about the backs or halves, or doesn't know a turd from a chocolate cake.

Cartwright is a good coach, but like Searle hasn't had to be accountable and likely won't be until it's too late. The team need to get off the beach and practice how to catch the ball, and once they master that, how to not drop it in collisions.

Idris IMO will come good this year. He was injured most of last year and clearly had no instructions besides 'run slightly diagonally as hard as you can'. Will hopefully have a bit more time to integrate in to the team.

'Good back 3'??? Who are they? Are you referring to Gordon, Zillman & Mead? They have been so poor (except maybe 1 or 2 games in their Titans careers) that I wouldn't be surprised if 2 of those 3 play Q Cup this year. 
boots1

boots1

yes i might have jumped the gun, but i think both wingers (when fit) are solid, and Zillman (5year contract) is probably in the bottom 3 fullbacks in the comp. 
tanzim.alam

tanzim.alam

A bit harsh on Gordon/Mead. Mead especially has been in great form since the last 2 seasons. Gordon came back from a knee reco last year so criticising him is harsh at this point in time. I agree, Zillman has been poor.

Gordon is probably going to play centre this season which leaves the left wing spot open. It will either be Anthony Don or Steve Michaels. 
MrChook

MrChook

Official Round 1 Titans side to play Sharks:

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Dave Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Luke O' Dwyer 
MrChook

MrChook

Brad Taka at centre is the only real eye opener.

Monster bench!!! 
professional

professional

Gold Coast will have to order sturdier plastic chairs for the sideline. 
MrChook

MrChook

No Mark Minichiello? Is he injured or is his NRL career just about done? 
professional

professional

Cartwright is probably sick of him dropping the ball. 
MrChook

MrChook

Round 2 Official team List to play the Raiders:

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Dave Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Luke O' Dwyer 
MrChook

MrChook

Rnd 3 Line-up to play Manly. No changes:

[h=4]Titans[/h]1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Dave Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Luke O'Dwyer 
Morkel

Morkel

Ryan James. There was a game of Q Cup last year that I watched, and James was playing. It was probably the dirtiest, over-the-top, grubby game I've ever seen from a player. Like I'd imagine JWH on PCP and his mates in the grandstand telling him he's a pushover. Pretty sure it was the game where he broke another player's jaw with a shoulder charge. I remember him being sent off (or at least for 10) and I remember thinking that his career is over. There's just no way a player should go that far and not be considered a liability to a team. It was that bad.

Granted, my only recent watching of his game has come from the All Stars, but from that and from his stats, I don't know what they did to him over the break but man, he's firing. In a good way. He's always had talent but with him it's always been attitude & discipline. And this year everything is looking good for him as an integral part of the Titan's season.

NRL Stats doesn't have the proper minutes played for the All Stars game, but from what I remember he played the bulk of the match. Up against much more fancied opposition he dominated and looked everything like a pack leader. He was tough, full of heart, yet not dirty. Granted, he was pinged for penalties 4 times, but from memory they were all for ruck infringements where he was stuck last to get up after a stacks-on. He made more tackles than anyone else on the field, & was 3rd overall for runs (behind Bird & Hodges). Pretty impressive for a rep game.

If he can work harder on his discipline, he'll have progressed from spare-parts Qld Cup player to the sort of player you build a future pack around (he's only young) in a very short time. 
knitey

knitey

Sounds to me like Gillmeister has straightened him out. 
MrChook

MrChook

Got him in my supercoach team, he's nice & cheap and he's giving me decent points each week. Get on him!!! 
Titanic

Titanic

Team Round 5 against the Donkeys:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Takairangi
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Kelly
8. Douglas
9. Srama
10. Myles (c)
11. Bird (c)
12. Ridge
13. Harrison
14. Taylor
15. James
16. Bailey
17. Falloon
18. O'Dwyer
19. Michaels

For all the criticism, most of it well-deserved, the team has taken over the last few years it is good to look forward to a weekend's game instead cringing at the thought of another mistake-a-thon.

With the exception of Gordon and Zillman who have shown patches of form only and Michaels and O'Dwyer who aren't first graders, the rest of the team has been great. Winning ugly at this time of the year is ok and a mid-table finish would be a fine platform for the future as the club unloads the aging members on its roster.

As mentioned above, accountability has been a problem within the club but David May has dealt with that. We may not be fashionable and Searle may well be entrenched somewhere out of the public eye (perhaps the Caymans) for us stayers 2013 has been a turning point.

This Friday will tell a lot, although the fact that a rumour that the Princess wanted to come back was the club's April Fools joke should give a hint as to what the visitors can expect. 
Titanic

Titanic

Got what we deserved ... the team played like they'd been reading their press and 22,000 people ended up either scratching their heads and wondering why Cartwright has such an exulted position in the NRL or rejoicing in the return of Hodges. Back to the drawing board with Bird (on report), Ridge (pec), Sezer and Takairangi (hammy's), Srama (ac) and Kelly (acl) all in doubt for next week ... of course if Zillman happened to fall in a rabbit hole that may assist our cause too. 
bigbear

bigbear

The multi million dollar forward pack was outplayed by a tireless working forward pack.So pleased Scotty Prince left skilled park a winner.Also congratulations Sam Irwin on making your NRL debut on Sunday.Play well young fella. 
bigbear

bigbear

Well done Sam Irwin.What a wonderful debut.Hopefully you will get more opportunities now that you have shown you are up to NRL level. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

fastwater - sounds like a really gai idea..... you dum fook....
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181