The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 1 v Gold Coast Titans

Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

Name your Sharks 17 man squad for Round 1 against the Titans.

1. Michael Gordon
2. Beau Ryan
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Stewart Mills
6. Todd Carney
7. Jeff Robson
8. Ben Ross
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Chris Heighington
12. Paul Gallen (C)
13. Luke Lewis

14. Andrew Fifita
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Jayson Bukuya
17. Wade Graham 
professional

professional

2013 Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

1. Nathan Gardner :hindy:
2. Michael Gordon
3. Stewart Mills
4. Luke Lewis
5. Beau Ryan
6. Todd Carney
7. Jeff Robson
8. Ben Ross
9. John Morris
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Chris Heighington
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen (C)

14. Isaac de Gois
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Jayson Bukuya
17. Andrew Fifita

18. Chad Townsend

Would back that team for a top 4 spot. The only weakness is Robson at halfback. 
koopa111

koopa111

1. Michael Gordon
2. Beau Ryan
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Ricky Leutele spelling???
5. Stewart Mills
6. Todd Carney
7. Chad Townsend
8. Ben Ross
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen (C)
13. Wade Graham

14. John Morris
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Jayson Bukuya
17. Andrew Fifita

18.Chris Heighington 
Morkel

Morkel

The sharks are chockers with back-rowers but heighington should be ahead of tupou. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

1. Gordon
2. Ryan
3. Pomeroy
4. Mills
5. Gardner
6. Carney
7. Townsend
8. Gibbs
9. De Gois
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Heighington

14. Robson
15. Fifita
16. Ross
17. Bakuya 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

I love Gards but I can't see him being the starting fullback.

Mick Gordon came here to play fullback and I have a feeling Flanno will give him first shot at fullback. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

No Luke Lewis?

I can't imagine the NSW lock being in NSW Cup, mate. 
professional

professional

That is probably the best team that they will end up fielding. 
professional

professional

In the centres. Sharks have more than enough depth in the backrow but have a backline that is badly lacking in class. A word-class centre is worth far more to the Sharks than another quality lock. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

Ah yes I see that now.

I'm not sure about Lewis in the centres.

If Nathan Gardner does play fullback, I see Mick Gordon in that centre position. 
Jez81

Jez81

Do reckon Michael Gordon will take over the kicking duties from Todd Carney? 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

If I was Flanno I'd say yes absolutely in a heartbeat.

When Flash is fit he's one of the best goalkickers in the competition.

His conversion rate was almost in Hazem El Masri figures at one stage so if he stays fit, I'd certainly have him as our first choice kicker. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

Not really,

I like Stewart Mills but there is no way on this earth I'd have him in the centres ahead of Jonathan Wright.

It's a nice problem for Flanno to have in a sense as I have a serious feeling that Nathan Gardner will play NSW Cup for at least the early part of the season. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Wright has experience on his side but Mills has more upside and I think his development should be made more of a focus.

Gardner is a first grader and I think if he's considered as a reserve he will probably leave. 
professional

professional

Wright is a hack. He should start the season but I can't see a long-term place for him. 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

I think Gordon in the centers. I think Carney would strike up a good understanding with a flying Gardner running unders or overs avoiding hitting a hole otherwise it will be crunchtime for the 47kg fullback. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

Gordon joined us to play fullback.

I doubt he'll play in the centres. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

Well obviously Canterbury disagreed with that as he was their starting centre for the majority of the season and was their Grand Final centre.

I'd have Wright in the centres imo. 
professional

professional

1. Wright played 9 games at centre for the Bulldogs and the rest of the season on the wing.
2. He didn't play in the centres in the Grand Final.
3. He hasn't played in the centres since May.
4. He has played the majority of his career on the wing in first grade.
5. Neither his play in the centres or on the wing has been anything more than average. 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Yes he did but the coach and whats best for the team will prevail. Different backdrop now i think he will play centers and offer alot more there too. If not he will be just as capable at fullback but leaves out gardner and weakens the team.
Play gardner at fullback gordon in the centers stronger side. 
Mr.Sharky

Mr.Sharky

I don't disagree but knowing Flanno's coaching from the past couple of years I reckon Flash will play fullback.

Gards' defence can be a bit shaky at times and Flanno does like fullbacks with good defence.

If Gards was fullback and Flash in the centres, being the Sharks fan I am, I'd be very happy with that arrangement but I just can't see it happening. Hope I am wrong though. 
MrChook

MrChook

Official line up to take on the Titans:

1 Michael Gordon
2 Jonathan Wright
3 Ricky Leutele
4 Matthew Wright
5 Beau Ryan
6 Todd Carney
7 Jeff Robson
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Isaac De Gois
10 Ben Ross
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Chris Heighington
15 Jon Green
16 John Morris
17 Anthony Tupou
18 Jayson Bukuya
19 Mark Taufua
20 Chad Townsend 
MrChook

MrChook

Titans side:

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Dave Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Luke O' Dwyer 
professional

professional

Is Bryce Gibbs out injured? 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

With news breaking that up to 15 players may be stood down by ASADA could the team possibly be a lot different when they run out of the tunnel?, and I believe Gibbs is injured. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181