Can't believe Khawaja can't get a bat. Smith is a joke 
View all 27 comments
sexysteve

sexysteve

I can't believe Watson is captain. 
Goodsy

Goodsy

What an effing joke... we are a farce.

Terrible selections in the touring squad are forcing terrible decisions for the XI.

How on earth does Khawaja not get a run after we have been hammered the first 3 Tests..

Watson as captain... struggling to hold his spot in the team... is putting unecessary pressure on Cowan to perform by continually stating publicly that he wants to open... selfish selfish... obviously has attitude issues and disagrees with the discipline regardless wether right or wrong...not one week ago was questioning his own desire to be in the Test team.. basically having a cry.... this is what is leading our country !!??

In saying all that... cmon Aussies !! Bloody perform and play well and go for the win !! 
Dogga

Dogga

He is the vice-Captain. Who else would it be ? 
Dogga

Dogga

Warner throws his wicket away... again. How many more time does he have to do this before people realise he ins't a test opener. 
Goodsy

Goodsy

Chance for Phil Hughes to build on what he did in the 2nd innings of the last Test... come on Hughesy !! 
Goodsy

Goodsy

That's the issue... we haven't really groomed any other players for the role. I don't think Watson should even be vice captain but, who else is it gonna be that holds their spot in the team ?

We have chopped and changed for so long now that we don't have a stable team to choose from. 
Powersbronco

Powersbronco

Scored 92 in the last game and played the spinners better than anyone else. Why would you drop him? 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

This series is a nightmare for Aus fans. Couldn't imagine a worse outcome 
Goodsy

Goodsy

Lyon has 4 wickets so far and running through Indias top order...

Aus - 262, after a fight back from last 2 wickets.
India - 6/210 in reply..

Good opportunity to keep scores level after 1st innings for a change.. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

If Australia can get the last two wickets for not many, they'll be right on target to win the match. The pitch is crumbling and offering plenty of assistance to the bowlers and India will be chasing a smallish target on a pitch that's even worse than it is currently. If Australia can set them anything above 200 that will be very difficult.

On another note, how ordinary is Wade's keeping? 
zepha75

zepha75

I'll have another bet, as I did a bet with the Sharks v Warriors game and I was close ;) It's like saying "I nearly won the Lottery, but only 3 numbers come up" :D

But anyway, India will still destroy the Aussies and they will wipe wash us this the Series 4 zip!

Get rid of resting players and play the best each f****** Test. I'm no brain scientist, but what the cricket board are doing now...it ain't working! *facepalm* 
zepha75

zepha75

Another wicket :rolls: YAY! 
Goodsy

Goodsy

I found it very interesting that with Watson as captain Cowan was demoted in the order... only 1 spot, but still interesting. Cowan is so far holding this very nervy 2nd innings together... can't imagine he would have been too impressed so wants to say a little 'F You'..

No surprise to see Ashwin grab Hughes' wicket.. 
Goodsy

Goodsy

Yeah great shot Watson, nice captains innings when the team needed it.. way to play straight :rolls: 
Goodsy

Goodsy

Out goes Cowan...

Aus 5/53 with a lead of 43 runs...

Once again we are relying on the lower order to score runs.. fingers crossed we can get the lead up to 150.. be a good chance if we get the many the way this pitch is playing.

Certainly do enjoy a low scoring Test match where one player digs in with a 50 or 60.. this is a pressure cooker.. 
Powersbronco

Powersbronco

Interesting stat they brought up before! Australias 8th, 9th and 10th wicket partnerships have averaged more than the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wicket partnerships. Siddle 48 not out and just look Starc did in the last game he is schooling the amateurs in the top order. Lead now 147 
Powersbronco

Powersbronco

Pattinson bowled by that ugly mother****er Sharma and then given a send off. God I hate losing to indians! 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

We simply cannot bat. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

You mean like Lyon did yesterday? 
Goodsy

Goodsy

So this time we lose in 3 days..

Our next batting order should be. Starc, Siddle, Pattinson, Lyon, Clarke.. then the rest.. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Well be did get something out of it..Siddle is the first No. 9 or below who's scored a fifty in each innings of a Test. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

That's a bit sad really, for our top order to have been consistently bad throughout a four test series.

You can understand the tail wagging once or twice but to have consistently outshone the recognised batsmen is a bit embarrassing. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

I notice that Wade dropped another catch. Fair dinkum, how much longer do we have to put up with him? 
Goodsy

Goodsy

.. and what a sitter it was... should not have dropped that one, that was poor.

I like Wade, but even I'm getting to the point where he should be replaced, too many errors with the gloves and that's his primary role. Tim Paine and Brad Haddin can bat as well as Wade, and can keep better. As CA have an obsession with keepers batting.. 
zepha75

zepha75

:lol: 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Posts

Game by Game Discussions