The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

India vs Australia, 3rd Test

cpr_89

cpr_89

We're lucky it was only four of them...otherwise we wouldn't have been able to field a team (or fly a new team in). Seriously though, how hard is it to write down three dot points. Could write it on a napkin in five minutes FFS 
zepha75

zepha75

36.02 Average after 40 Tests....I'm glad he's gone. I realise he is good versus England, but I'm sure there other players who can fill the void. 
Dogga

Dogga

Good god our batting line up is going to look like a 20/20 game. Our only chance is if India win the toss first and we roll em for sub-150.

Arthur did nothing for SA , was a glorified bus driver was very surprised when the ACB hired him. Ditto with Howard, he did nothing for the TAP programme or whatever it was called in rugby and he knows nothing baout cricket.

We need Boof as coach ( I know it's crazy but I just think the coach whose team currently holds all three domestic titles might know a thing or two about coaching elite cricket players) 
TheChello

TheChello

I'm trying to find any statements from Watson saying that he would have played the 3rd test if nothing like this happened. It just appears as if he has picked up his bat and gone home after being suspended. Howard's comments show that there is a lack of control in the team at the moment. The management must have cringed at the comments. Personally, i don't think he should have weighed into the argument and left that to the coach, captain and selectors as to what transpired.
When I first heard of the suspensions, I, like others, thought it was a little over the top but knew that there was a lot more to it than just not providing the requested feedback. It would seem there are other things which have disrupted the team harmony/culture that is important for any team, have been breached. There would be more than just the isolated incident for things to come to a head like this, something which I am 100% sure of....
There is a certain synergy/harmony/culture in all teams and it is set from the top and agreed to by players coming in. This is a most difficult thing to do if you do not get the support of all of the players, however, with proper man management, can be achieved.
Watson has been a protected species since the early days. He has been given far more opportunities than any other modern player to fulfil his potential. His record proves that he has not proved that potential and must come to the realisation that he is not as good as he thinks he is. There are sometimes when he is just awesome to watch, both bat and ball, but there is no consistency. He alludes the FIGJAM perception and that would grate on certain players no doubt. I agree with Hancock on his comments about opening the batting. If I was Cowan I would certainly be thinking along those lines as well.
There has been a lot of rumours in relation to Clarke's captaincy on and off the field. There is more than meets the eye regarding Mike Hussey's final test match and the issues he had with Clarke during and after that match. I won't elaborate any more on that except to say that the team did not agree with Clarke's protocal attitude in relation to the matter.
I was advocating Boof's name as coach of Australia before they selected Arthur. to say Arthur has done nothing is wrong. He was in charge of the SA team which lifted them to the no.1 spot and he did a good job with WA so I don't think he is a bad coach. However, some of the things he has done this summer with the players is a little bemusing. 
Dogga

Dogga

Arthur did nothing for WA. 
Dogga

Dogga

He is supposed to be the coach of Australia and he says stuff like this ;

""We used to think Mitchell Johnson was amazing: bowls quick, hits 100s, fantastic. Turns out Mitchell Johnson is the most insecure guy I've ever met. It's amazing to see it." 
zepha75

zepha75

It comes down to the players really. Though I'm sure Simo wouldn't have put up with that sh*t that the players are doing now. 
Dogga

Dogga

On the flip side Simo wouldn't be asking the players to do pointless homework, they would be in the nets working 
zepha75

zepha75

Yes, but he would have gave it to some particular players. Not lightly either *facepalm* 
TheChello

TheChello

Simmo was pedantic more than you think but he had to be at that time as Australian cricket was in a lull. He dragged them out with strong discpline and hard work. He instilled team ethics and planning in everything they did. He had a strong captain in Border. 
zepha75

zepha75

Clarke is a strong Captain also. The mid 80's players was a worst than our current cricket players. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

He won 9 series in a row for SA including their first win ever over Australia in Australia. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

He was there for one season. What did you expect? 
Dogga

Dogga

I didn't expect anything, but people like to talk his time up at WA like he did something . 
Dogga

Dogga

Yeah and he also wanted to drop Kallis until a player revolt stopped him . Shows how much he knows , one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) cricketers of all time and Arthur wanted to get rid of him for the sake of being seen to be doing something 
professional

professional

I find that hard to believe. Especially having listened to Arthur comment about Kallis being one of the greatest players to play the game. 
zepha75

zepha75

I haven't listened to it, though Kallis will go the history books like Sir Don. 
Goodsy

Goodsy

OMG - we are 0/81... I repeat.... O wickets.... 0 wickets. 0. 
MrChook

MrChook

Don't worry, once that middle order gets to the crease they'll come in bunches. 
zepha75

zepha75

:lol: I take you are a half empty sought of guy! :D 
MrChook

MrChook

Warner gone - bat/pad and if lobbed up into the air, Doni did a good job to round around the stumps and take it.

1/139.

Surprisingly that was a 1st wicket record partnership for Aust in India. 
MrChook

MrChook

FARK!! First ball Clarke dances down the pitch, misses it and is easily stumped.

2/139. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Has the disciplinary action made a difference? 
Goodsy

Goodsy

Get stuffed really ?

Well Clarke will now say, ' I told ya so, let the collapse happen, I'll come in at 5 and score 100'. That's annoying...

What's more annoying is Steve Smith scoring runs.. admittedly we need a score here, but please.. not Smith... 
Powersbronco

Powersbronco

Smith is more useful to the team than Maxwell. Maxwell is a part timer with the ball and an educated hack with the bat. 

Recent Posts

Game by Game Discussions