The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

R.I.P rleague.....

HarrySack

HarrySack

To say I am disappointed in the new layout is an understatement. This was the first rugby league site I ever joined so I'm quite sad at what's become of it. A heads up that the site had been sold would have been greatly appreciated, regardless of whether the previous owners thought it wouldn't be changed. It's blatantly obvious that the site has also been sold to a betting agency. My time here, from now on, will be very limited. 
View all 176 comments
SeverancePop

SeverancePop

I just don't understand why you don't use Vbulletin. Most forums use Vbulletin and for good reasons, Easy to use, Easy to navigate, good options like signatures, quotes etc and easy to personalise. This layout is too facebooky and most people only spend 5 minutes a day 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Lol at deleting posts that point out that Tally_Ho is a punter's paradise member, but not deleting his post abusing us. Pathetic as usual from the punter's paradise team. 
Luc

Luc pro

Hi Maximus89, You may not realise that when we re-lunched rleague we merged both rleague & punters into the one database - which means that we merged the logins together, so only users have one account between the two sites. We've just removed a few offensive posts above which are not helpful. 
Luc

Luc pro

If you have a problem with any posts, please do use the Report feature next to the post. We will follow it up. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

So you feel a post that states that Tally_Ho is a former punter's paradise member is more offensive than one that calls former rleague posters "moronic" and states that we "offer very little that is intelligible"?

Considering you are posting here and saying you were deleting posts, I know you've seen it, so now saying to use the report button is a little pathetic. You obviously thought it was fine to begin with. 
PFT

PFT

LOL LUC! 
Luc

Luc pro

Hi Maximus, we removed a number of posts removed here due to inappropriate language. From memory there was a post regarding vice been a PP member, which I have explained how the systems were merged together. 
PFT

PFT

what is this? 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Deleting the ones that included swearing is all well and good, and I expected them to be anyway, but I don't recall my post involving swearing. My post was pointing out that Tally_Ho was a punter's paradise member, which I thought was pretty funny considering he came in here and abused us (I see abusing us is still fine by the way). 
Luc

Luc pro

Hi Maximus89, there are many users on rleague.com that are punters paradise members as we merged accounts into one, taking preference over the oldest account first. While I can't commend on his account as it's against our privacy, you will find a few accounts in a similar situation. If you click the 'punters paradise' icon down in the footer, you'll find your account will log you into that website too. This is the way things have been technically setup. 
MrChook

MrChook

Sounds like Luc is deliberately avoiding the question Max. It's quite apparent you can insult former rleague members but are censored if you say anything insulting former PP members.

Luc

Luc pro

Hi MrChook we don't want any users to get insulted and we're removing posts that are considered offensive or off topic - please use the report feature if you feel we've left a few inappropriate posts behind. 
MrChook

MrChook

Then how about removing Tally Ho's post? I find that offensive and have used the report function. I won't hold my breath. 
Luc

Luc pro

Agreed. Apologies it was missed. 
knitey

knitey

Tally Ho = Twizzle......lol 
Ball

Ball

'We're shaking up the racing industry and we plan to do the same for Rugby League" says Luc Pettett CEO of Punters Paradise. "We connect racing fans and punters with up-to-date information similar to Facebook and WE'RE CONFIDENT THIS MODEL WILL WORK FOR ALL SPORTS' 
pods

pods

I have to agree with the Original post - although i'm not sure about it being sold to a betting agency :/ Is that true?

Anyway, I've been here for a long time. I missed about 2-3 months at the begining of the year due to the URL i access it by not being setup. That was fixed, but i haven't been able to get into the swing of things.

1stly, the Layout is cludgy and not what i'm used to. Maybe its designed to be attractive to a younger ordiance?

2ndly, it is becoming clear that people have left and not just anyone. The good ones. Wheres all the peeps tha tused to talk about International League? The peeps that would be interested in International players from RL/RU coming to the NRL? It seems the threads are attracting much attention.

Since seeing the new site, my activity has dropped off substantially and whats more interesting is that no other Rugby League forum has taken up the slack... But it might, if i discover where every body else has gone.

I know Rugby League Planet always had a few of the guys from rleague and they are very Pro International. Maybe i'll spend a little more time there. 
keighleyweb

keighleyweb

I'm with Pods and many more on this section, I loved my daily visits to the forum for the latest info, I now only look once or twice a month now as I just dont like what has happened to a site which was good and also had a good set of users.

RIP RLEAGUE.................... 
Mr_Tulkinghorn

Mr_Tulkinghorn

XXXXCap or another old-timer - PM me the new forum??? This is SHITE!!! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...
Morrisonmen - Does anyone happen to have filmed the final of the Under 10's Gordan Tallis Cup in Townsville between Wests (brisbane) and Sarina?

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168