The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

favourite kiwi player to play for the Bulldogs

annav3

annav3

I am currently watching on Fox Sports Bulldogs v Dragons 1995 match and John Timu was one of the best for the match. He was one of my favourites, which Bulldog from NZ has been your favourite?

cpr_89

cpr_89

definitely Sonny-Bill Williams 
annav3

annav3

no way not that vermin :) I rate Gavin Hill better than him

just watching this match, remember Scott gourley? Mark Bell...the penguin Graham Bradley..Kogarah oval packed to capacity...those were the days 
annav3

annav3

Jason Williams played seven games for Western Suburbs in 1987 as a winger.

In 1988, Jason joined Easts (Roosters) to play eight games that season.

In 1991, Jason joined South Sydney to play 16 games that season and played for New Zealand. Jason played 13 Tests for New Zealand from 1991 to 1995.

In 1992, Jason joined Canterbury to become a regular first grade winger for four seasons.

After starting in reserve grade, Jason received the opportunity to play first grade against former club Western Suburbs when Paul Doolan was relegated.

In 1993, Jason played in the Preliminary Semi-Final against Brisbane and in 1994, Jason played in the Grand Final against Canberra.

In 1995, Jason played in the Premiership winning team against Manly and in 1996, joined Penrith to play 41 games from 1996 to 1998.

In 2004, Jason was nominated for the Berries to Bulldogs 70 Year Team of Champions.

http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/players/jason_williams.jpg

http://thebulldogs.com.au/sportal.php?page=player&id=577 
alchemist

alchemist

i would be curious whether SBW is anyone's favourite player (besides maybe his mother's)... i cannot think of a greater mercenary to have played our great game than the patron saint of bus drivers and Danny Weidler's brother from another mother

as for my favourite Kiwi to have played at the Dogs, i really enjoyed Vagana's 3 year stint at the Dogs... i don't think he ever played that well at any other club 
Silverelvis69

Silverelvis69

Nigel vangana 
phalangist

phalangist

Wille talau , Jason Williams and jarrod mc craken 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

You're taking the p*ss aren't you??? Erase him from the Bulldogs archives as far as I'm concerned!

Nigel Vagana was a personal favourite of mine and loved watching McCracken in the early days but the court case post football sort of turned me off him a bit. Willie Talau another good one and Chook Halligan even if just for THAT kick against the Eels! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168