dogs injuries

annav3

annav3

Dogs winger Steve Turner has a suspected broken kneecap 
annav3

annav3

from Steve Turner twitter account

https://twitter.com/#%21/SteveTurner84 Steve Turner ‏ @SteveTurner84

Unfortunately out for the season. Scans show I have a ruptured patella tendon which requires surgery. Thanks for the support! 
annav3

annav3

As of 1st May 2012

Injury Update – Round 9

Team physiotherapist Steve McCullagh is back to give us the low down on the Bulldogs injury report for the week, including the latest on Steve Turner.
Turner went for scans on Saturday after being helped from the field midway through the second half of the Bulldogs 12-10 loss to Manly on Friday night.
Those scans revealed the City Origin representative had ruptured the patella tendon in his left leg, unfortunately ruling him out for the rest of season 2012.

NRL
Trent Hodkinson - Knee - Rnd 11
Steve Turner - knee - season

NYC Update:
Leilani Latu - Knee - Rnd 12

NSW Cup:
Harlan Alaalatoa - Knee - Rnd 12
Sterling Saka - Ruptured ACL - 6 months
Steve Azzi - Fractured Foot - 4 months
Mitch Browne - ACL - Season 
annav3

annav3

[h=1]Bulldog Bryson Goodwin feared for his life[/h]
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/05/26/1226367/872456-bryson-goodwin.jpg
Bryson Goodwin pictured at Concord hospital after rupturing his spleen during his last match. Picture: Sam Ruttyn Source: The Daily Telegraph

HE was shaking with pain. His knuckles turned white as Bryson Goodwin gripped the stretcher, trying to fight off the pain in his chest.
As doctors hurried around him, the 26 year-old Bulldogs winger feared he was having a heart attack.
Then he passed out.
"I had a seizure pretty much as soon as I arrived at the hospital," Goodwin told http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport The Sunday Telegraph from his bed at Concord Hospital.
"I was out the front, in the triage, and I felt this intense pain before I started shaking. I had never felt anything like it and yeah, I was scared."
Goodwin ruptured his spleen in a collision with Sharks fullback Matthew Wright last Monday. What seemed an innocuous hit turned into a life-threatening injury that will leave him bed-ridden for at least four weeks.

It has left the career of the off-contract winger in jeopardy. He had more than two litres of blood in his stomach when he arrived at Concord Hospital late last Monday night, the result of his torn spleen.
"It was just a collision," Goodwin said. "I was just going for the ball and I thought I was winded.
"I thought it would get better, but it didn't. I had to leave the field. The pain really started when I came off. The medical staff weren't sure what was wrong with me and then I went to the toilet and saw blood.
"I came back and they told me an ambulance was on the way. I could hardly move.
"It was the worst pain I had ever been in.
"I was lying in the sheds in agony. It was like an intense stomach ache.
"By the time it got to a really serious point, I was out of it. I didn't know what was happening."
The worry was left to Goodwin's wife, Jessica. She was given a sobering talk by the chief surgeon as her husband was rushed into surgery.
"I was told he could have a heart attack, a stroke, any number of things," Jessica said. "They gave me a run-down about the surgery and the worst-case scenario.
"They took him up and cut the blood supply to his spleen. He didn't get out (of surgery) until after 4am (Tuesday morning) and spent almost three days in (intensive care)."
Goodwin, who is hoping to be released from hospital this week, will spend the next month in bed waiting for his spleen to heal.
"It still does hurt, but I can move around, which is good, I guess," he said. "Every day I am feeling better, so I am just hoping it goes well. I have four weeks of doing nothing and it will be about 12 weeks until I can do any contact."
Fighting for a new contract, Goodwin had returned to the form which saw him earn a Kiwi Test jersey in 2009.
With no long-term damage expected, he is hoping he has shown enough for the Bulldogs to retain him.
"This hasn't come at a good time because I am off contract but I want to be back by the end of the year," he said.
"I love the Dogs and desperately want to stay."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldog-bryson-goodwin-feared-for-his-life/story-e6frexnr-1226367873998 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

Any further news on the severity of Lafais dislocation? What sort of timefram is he looking at, the season or a bit brighter than that? 
annav3

annav3

CANTEBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
Name Injury Onset Estimated Return Severity
Steve Turner Ruptured Patellar Tendon Round 8 Season
Bryson Goodwin Spleen Injury Round 11 Round 15-17
Greg Eastwood Hamstring Injury Round 12 Round 14-15
Tim Lafai Dislocated Shoulder Round 13 Round 20-22

http://injuryupdate.com.au/nrl-injury-list.php 
annav3

annav3

https://twitter.com/#%21/timmylafai tim lafai ‏@timmylafai

Don't know how long roughly, will find out from appointment with dr next week, will keep yoll posted.. 
annav3

annav3

[INDENT] As of 12th June 2012

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have been dealt a blow on the injury front with young gun centre Tim Lafai set to undergo a shoulder reconstruction.

It means Lafai – who dislocated the shoulder in the round 13 win over the Rabbitohs – will miss the remainder of the 2012 season.

There was better news for another big name, as Bulldogs physio Steve McCullagh reveals in today’s injury report from Bulldogs HQ. Click the play button above to watch the full report.

NRL
Joel Romelo - ankle - Round 17

Bryson Goodwin - Abdominal - undetermined
Tim Lafai - shoulder - season

NYC Update:

NSW Cup:

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Bulldogs-Injury-Update/9867
[/INDENT] 
annav3

annav3

bad news it is being reported that Trent Hodkinson is out for the season, he has had some bad luck with injuries 
alchemist

alchemist

has not been Hodkinson's year... knee injury v Knights which he has struggled to overcome and now i think it is a shoulder injury during reserve grade 
annav3

annav3

[U]Bulldogs winger Bryson Goodwin returns to trainin[/U]g
[INDENT] BULLDOGS winger Bryson Goodwin has completed a remarkable recovery from a freak injury that had him fearing for his career.

Just eight weeks after he ruptured his spleen, the former Kiwi Test winger returned to full training this week and has declared he is ready to play.

Goodwin, 26, spent seven nights in hospital and another three weeks in bed at home after losing two litres of blood after what appeared an innocuous collision.

But as he prepares to return, the off-contract winger faces another battle to save his career.

"I am off contract and I guess the injury didn't

come at a good time," Goodwin said.

"It is getting pretty late in the year, so I need to get myself out there and I have been doing everything I can to get fit and recover. Hopefully something will come up soon and I will get it sorted out."

Since the injury on May 21, the Bulldogs have signed international wingers Krisnan Inu and Sam Perrett.

They have also re-signed Steve Turner.

Goodwin admits he is in a fight just to make it back into the team this year.

"I think it will be tough forcing my way back in," Goodwin said. "They are playing so well and I don't think Des will change a winning team. I have to be ready to play and ready to take my opportunity if it comes along."

Goodwin hasn't given up hope of being retained by the Bulldogs, but other clubs have shown interest with the Sharks and the Warriors looming as potential homes.

Goodwin was in career-best form before being struck down against the Sharks.

"I thought my season was over," Goodwin said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-winger-bryson-goodwin-returns-to-training/story-e6frexp9-1226426244060
[/INDENT] 
Bryco30

Bryco30

@LeagueUnlimited: #NRL Bulldogs injury update: Dene Halatau out for 8 weeks (knee) - return finals; Trent Hodkinson season (shoulder). 
annav3

annav3

Need to wrap keating and reynolds in cotton wool 
Silverelvis69

Silverelvis69

U've jinxed us anna. Keating is hard to replace.
Most likely 3 wks
kasiano 6 weeks.

Romello must fill in the 7 surley?? 
alchemist

alchemist

i'd have thought Reynolds to 7, Romelo or Stagg to 6, and greater involvement of Barba with the kicking 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

I'd be leaving Reynolds where he is and bringing in a new 7, really don't think that's Romelo from what I saw in patches last year but keep the disruption to a minimum. I think Inu will take on a lot more kicking as per Friday night and he Reynolds and Ennis will do the lions share. Is Cutler worthy of a call up? Hodko, Hodko, wherefore art thou Hodko! What crap timing for injuries.. 
annav3

annav3

LOL I did jinx it

Cutler has been in good form in NSW Cup, I don't think we can win matches without him. His experience would be invaluable.

https://twitter.com/NRL_Bulldogs @NRL_Bulldogs : We've just spoken to our physio who has the OFFICIAL word on Sam Kasiano & Kris Keating. Video up soon. 
annav3

annav3

https://twitter.com/Bryson_Goodwin Bryson Goodwin ‏@Bryson_Goodwin

Looking forward to finally playing this week cant wait!! 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Whats your views on a Backline of

1) Barba
2) Perrett
3) Morris
4) Wright
5) Goodwin
6) Inu
7) Reynolds

Don't really want to move Reynolds from his current spot but we have run out of options. Inu is a dangerous ball runner and can offer abit of a kicking game and has been going great guns 
annav3

annav3

As of 23rd July 2012
NRL
Kris Keating - hamstring - 3 weeks
Sam Kasiano - cheekbone - 4 weeks
Dene Halatau - knee - 8 weeks
Bryson Goodwin - Abdominal - undetermined
Tim Lafai - shoulder - season
Trent Hodkinson - shoulder - season
NYC Update:
Ollie Gordon - Jaw - undertermined
Sam Ahofono - Hamstring - 1 weeks
NSW Cup:
mygdok

mygdok

I dont mind this backline...but, just for security, we should probably name Romelo or Cutler on the bench 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

I personally wouldn't move him but is there any chance

1. Inu
2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Wright
5. Goodwin
6. Reynolds
7. Barba

???????? 
mygdok

mygdok

Team list is up on the Bulldogs website, and Keating has been named at halfback 
alchemist

alchemist

i would think Des is just keeping everyone guessing as to Keating's replacement 
rictchie

rictchie

Hodkinson has been one of the worst signings in many years for the dogs
even if he was fit he would not take keatings place
he is the slowest half in the comp and his knee injuries will only make him slower 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181