The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

Zef.

Zef.

I reckon Will Genia is the most over-rated and dumbest footballer in two sports.

I go back to the All Black Tests. He can only do his stupid little box kicks off one foot, fair enough so can most, but everyone knows he kicks off his right. So he's at the ruck 2-3m away from the right touchline and FACING the had touchline...

... anyone wanna have a guess what he's gonna do? There's nobody but the linesman to pass it to so let me have a guess - would it be one of your stupid little box kicks Will?

The All Blacks know the game a bit more than me so they guessed right every time - I doubt there was anyone in history that had kicks charged down in a series than Will Genia v The All Blacks.

Last night v England. We're on our line about 5m in from the right touchline, Will Genia at the ruck is again facing the right touchline - anyone want to have a guess what he's gonna do?

That's right, stupid little box kick, charge down, TRY!

And I'll also add his work at the ruck is atrocious. He simply can not pass the ball in either direction without first doing this stupid little hop & skip to clear himself from the ruck, the good #9's don't need to give themselves clear air, they'll pass straight off the ground. That's why he sells so many hospital passes to his runners because from his stupid little hop & skip the defense can move up onside and slam the living f*** out of whatever sucker is on the end of Will Genia's hop, skip and hospital pass.

ToddH

ToddH

I am starting to like the fact we haven't signed a fullback for next season. To me it's shows that des realises we were poor this year not just because barba was poor. Sure a new fullback would be great but we have strengths in this team that we need to focus on. Namely our forwards. The roosters showed that a big strong mobile foward pack is very useful. We need to improve our foward play to a level that the roosters managed. If we can do that we will be very good and hard to beat. Our pack has graham, kasiano, klemmer and Browne in the front row. We have a wealth of back rowers in finnucane, Jackson, Eastwood, Pritchard, Williams, maitua and burr. IMO this was our biggest let down from 12 to 13 our inept and soft display from our pack. If they can improve their fitness and their desire we may well surprise a few people next year. I feel they are the key to our success next year rather than a new fullback. 
annav3

annav3

Bulldogs confirm the signing of Chase Stanly, are u excited? 
annav3

annav3

Silence echoes across Canberra as the Coalition clams up

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/silence-echoes-across-canberra-as-the-coalition-clams-up-20131102-2wt5k.html#ixzz2jZaxNQ7M
Silence echoes across Canberra as the Coalition clams up

Balso

Balso

I lean left of centre in my politics but I am also fascinated by the tactics and hurly burly of the political world . Whoever thought of the idea of shutting down the media cycle for the new Coalition Govt is an absolute genius .
It may backfire in the near future , it may alienate many voters but at this early stage it is working a treat . Abbott or some strategist realised that everybody has had a gutfull of politics .
Sure the media are squeeling like stuck pigs about it and many commentators are up in arms but the normal person in the street is rapt not to have to listen to constant announcements from politicians desperate to get their message across .
No doubt this will change when Parliament resumes or something untoward happens but atm there is more focus on Labor and it's shortcomings than there is on the Coalition .
Brilliant strategy . 
Balso

Balso

The longer these jokers are in office, the more painful it will be.
Wednesday, 30 Oct at 5:02pm

Thanks Nathan but fact is the jokers are the Labor Party and much as it pains you and I the joke is on us . You see mate we actually lost the election by a massive margin . I don't know where you live but where I reside there were not many on the red side that night .
When that sort of thing happens the party in question goes into lockdown to understand the reasons for its defeat . This takes time and it is evident to me that you are in complete denial . Remember the election is decided by the electorate not by you . Your opinion is now irrelevant for a couple of years while the other side have a go .
So the joke is on you Nathan because you failed to see that . 
hounddog

hounddog

Balso I'm 50/50 on this, as things can change in politics, and the mood of the population.
My general rule is give any Government 2 terms then vote them out unless there is a very good reason to keep them. We need to train the pollies to do what we want rather than be trained to do what they want.
It is apparent the LNP are much better politics, but that does not necessarily mean they have better policies or that they will actually achieve anything substantial.
I would say policy is their current weak area.
For the record I think Tony Abbot is a reasonably nice guy, but he is keen on power at any price, he is not well educated or intelligent and there an extreme elements in his part that currently have too much influence. But there is the prospect that he may improve.
On the other hand Rudd wreaked havoc on Labour and I don't think he is a nice guy.
I'm not sold on Shorten, I like Ablo. The main danger with the current LNP government is that Aust will continue to fall behind the rest of the world, but we can catch up.
In general the main problem in Aust is most people on influence in Big Business and the LNP come from a private school background,lack the capacity for innovative thinking and prefer to deal with change by attempting to avoid it. Anyway we are supposed to be disussing footy here :) 
hounddog

hounddog

Not all from a private school background are like that, I personally know some very innovative and successful people. It just that going to the right school and having the right contacts can get people into positions of power and influence.......... 
NathanB

NathanB

I haven't seen much evidence of intelligence from Abbott, but he is well educated. I guess he could have skipped class! 
hounddog

hounddog

With Abbott I think his Uni education was on the basis of a sports scholarship.
So he is more of a sportsman than an academic.
On the other hand we would not want Uni professors attempting to run the country. :)
I am really commenting on the quality of the political debate and the quality of the LNP policies.
But in reality most of the electorate don't really vote for policies, and most don't have the time / knowledge to critically review them. Anyway voters can always change the Government if they don't like it. But it can be 10-20 years before the full effects of policies can be recognised, things can always be fixed in future, it is just an expensive way of operating. 
hounddog

hounddog

Having said that the real Abbott could be very different to his public personna. Being an actor is probably good training for a career as a pollie. 
Balso

Balso

I feel a bit disillusioned with Labor . Towards the end of the election campaign I was actually loathing Kevin Rudd . I was dirty on Shorten for his duplicity and now he is leader .
Labor have lost Julie Gillard . I would much rather have her still in Parliament than Rudd .
Houndog I agree with your assesments of the relative weaknesses of the Parties . With Abbott I found it instructive to read about his time at Oxford . There was a good article just before the election in the Guardian about it .
Nathan you are obviously a true believer and Labor needs people like you to stay strong so no offense I hope in what I said last night . 
hounddog

hounddog

Yeah I agree Balso. Lets hope Labour gets it act together. Generally most defeat governments bounce back after 1 or 2 terms. I also welcome a strong opposition. Whenever pollies have got absolute power they just do what they like and we are generally the losers. 
NathanB

NathanB

No offence taken.

I am not usually a true believer (Labor does quite a few things that piss me off), but Abbott turns me into one! 
hounddog

hounddog

We've also signed Kayne Brennan a U20's winger from the Dragons.
So far it looks like the club is adding depth in the outside backs / back row.
While everyone is hoping for a star signing at fullback, I'm starting to doubt that that will happen.
I also think a few of this years sq 
hounddog

hounddog

I also think a few of this years squad need to perform or they will find themselves in NSW cup next year. It seems to me the coach probably has an open mind on team selection.
I say that because the new signing are coming here hoping to play first grade and a few young players like Burr are also pressing.
I could be wrong but I expect a bit of a shake-up. 
Balso

Balso

I hope so ......after the strange set of circumstances Des Hasler was faced with , both professional and personal that I am really looking for him to bounce back . I thought he had a very average season , so much stems from the coach . He pulled the wrong reins quite a few times in my view .
Being such a quality coach I am expecting him to rebound quite significantly .
I am not fussed about the fullback situation . He will have that in hand . 
annav3

annav3

New gross government borrowing since 9 Sept is now $20.4 billion. So much for not wasting money hey Coalition 
IanC

IanC

Anna for someone who works in financial services your knowledge of economics is remarkably naive. Perhaps you should look for a new career as a financial journalist with the SMH; you have all the credentials. 
hounddog

hounddog

Yes Balso, I agree Des seemed to make a few mistakes last year.
But there where a lot of other drags on the season, the James Graham suspension, issues with Ben Barba, and injuries to players mean we could not get them match fit for the semi's.
Still the coach is expected to earn his money when things are not going well.
Like all fans I expect better this year, but if Des goes with the same structure / strategy as last year we will get similar results. I am expecting better from Des. 
annav3

annav3

Govt just borrowed $1.5 bill, short dated T-Notes. Gross borrowing since 9 Sep now $21.9 billion 
annav3

annav3

besides Barry O'Farrell can anybody name another minister in NSW Govt? What are they doing? Attending sporting events with Barnaby 
annav3

annav3

I would say the club is looking at a youth policy for the fullback position so don't hold your breath waiting for a big name. I feel Todd Greenberg let the club down with this one and he doesn't deserve the accolades that he gets. All hype that guy 
annav3

annav3

PM Tony Abbott attends the opening of the wonderful new cancer facility Lifehouse near RPA. Yet he doesn't believe in science and funding for research for cures to diseases. Hypocrite 
annav3

annav3

the Rugby League World Cup has surprisingly been better than I expected. Some good footy has been played by the minnow nations. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168