The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

hounddog

hounddog

Hey Joe, are you quoting the Genghis Khan dairies? Any one can have an opinion but it is another matter to back that opinion up with facts. The points you are posting are not factually correct and are not backed up by evidence. How about you post you evidence for point 8) for a start. 
Balso

Balso

It is 800 scientists ......And I am beginning to see how the moderating on the other site failed on numerous occasions to rein in excessive behaviour by certain posters . It is now evident that Joebee and his so called opinions coalesced with the bullying behaviour on the other site which led to some posters coming over here to debate certain points .
Bearing that in mind it seems quite unfair that the architect of the slippage of standards on the other site ( Joebee ) should then come on here .

hounddog

hounddog

Hey Joe with the source of the points you are posting I'll take a wild guess that they are not a scientist and have not studied science at Uni. If they have they should as for a refund of their Uni fees as they are lacking the most basic understanding of Scientific Method and the Peer Review process. If you want I am happy to explain these to you in detail. But if you want a more credible opinion on this topic ask Willy Mason as post his reply as he may have a better understanding of the science involved. 
NathanB

NathanB

The recent trolling that has occurred has been eye opening. Most kindergarten kids wouldn't stoop to this level of debate. 
NathanB

NathanB

They are now telling us that we have to cut emissions by 35 to 50% in less than 20 years. The s**t is really going to hit the fan one day. Revolutionising an economy overnight is going to cause a lot of pain. The longer these jokers are in office, the more painful it will be. 
hounddog

hounddog

I think denial is a form of "learned helplessness" ignoring a scary problem it the hope it will go away. Even if it was a 50/50 I would rather do something about it anyway as the next generation technologies are superior in many ways and in spite of what people think cheaper in the long run.
Australia is likely to be a late adopter of next gen technologies with little significant local expertise, that is really setting ourselves up well for the future. Actually I think the LNP will need to re-brand their party the right of politics don't know it but they are heading for a massive fall on this issue and it will most probably be terminal. As everyone knows 'direct inaction' is a very expensive way of achieving almost nothing. I would prefer they were honest and said we don't believe in climate change so we are doing nothing about it. 
joeb

joeb

12) Philip Stott, Emeritus Professor of Biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London says climate change is too complicated to be caused by just one factor, whether CO2 or clouds 
noitsnotme

noitsnotme

Hello all, this site is not as it once was. I see its all full of climate this and not climate that, where is all the football discussions??? 
hounddog

hounddog

Yes, I agree but the shame is Joe has just made his first reasonable point. 
hounddog

hounddog

But I'm happy to refrain from discussion of non-football matters. We should stick to something we know about. But, Zef should be given freedom to post what ever he likes as he more of less owns this blog. 
NathanB

NathanB

"Emeritus Professor of Biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies" is the most bizarre title I've ever heard.

This is a nothing statement. "Too complicated"? That could mean anything. IKEA manuals are complicated. There are, of course, many factors influencing climate. I mean, we could all pump CO2 to the max and it would matter for nought if the sun packed up and left. But the point is that human activity is contributing, and it is causing average global temperatures to increase.

Next! 
annav3

annav3

Members of the team hand-picked by the Abbott government to rein in spending will be paid $1500 a day, 
annav3

annav3

Football discussion: why don't the bulldogs use Drury Low at fullback rather than spend overs on a second rate fullback from another club? 
ayemes

ayemes

just when you think the level of internet debate can't possibly get any dumber... 
hounddog

hounddog

Good point on Drury Low. Fullback is a critical position, so it is good to have a number of options.
But why do you assume the club is spending overs on some 2nd rate player?
If you want a really radical experiment I would try Josh Reynolds at full back, perhaps in a trail game. I say that because there are ongoing problems with his defense but he would always put his body on the line to try and save a try, which will be an improvement on last year. 
Zef.

Zef.

Who's this Pom we signed? I don't think Des signed him for nothing, probably not to start or even play NRL next year but I bet he wants him to rise to the challenge of being long term #1.

For that reason I don't think we'll sign anyone else for the spot. We'll do with Morris until the FNG rises or fails. 
hounddog

hounddog

Yes, there is him, Low and Templeman - not sure f the Pom will play one season of U20's.
We see how he goes at that level first, I assume Des knows what he is doing and we will have it covered.
Not agree on Morris though, I would prefer to keep him in the centers. 
Balso

Balso

Drury Low did OK filling in at fullback . Got better every game .
I see he scored a try for the Cook Islands last night . 
annav3

annav3

Hockey is a clown

The Coalition government's decision to uphold an existing ban on Huawei's participation in the national broadband network risks setting back the much-coveted free trade agreement with Australia's largest trading partner. 
Balso

Balso

Do you remember when NSA meant "no strings attached" ? 
Zef.

Zef.

I bet the Coalition wishes Cormann was in the lower house because there's the outstanding candidate for Treasurer right there, not far behind him also from the Senate is Sinodinos.

From eligible candidates from the lower house (seems to be some unwritten, or maybe written? law that the Treasurer sits in the lower house) the obvious choice is Turnbull, but Abbott won't have him in case Malcolm does something... you know... progressive. Next in line would be Robb.

But the Libs (and us) got stuck with Joe as some sort of consolation for him after he missed the leadership by 1 vote, and Abbott's happy for him to stay there as it keeps Malcolm doing something where he don't get much news.

Joe is not only not the best candidate for Treasurer in the coalition, he's not even the best candidate for Treasurer in his family - that'd be his wife, Melissa Babbage. Who I read the other day made some astute investments on behalf of Hockey inc before, during and after the GFC that made them squillions. And good on her, nothing immoral in that inferred by me.

I just hope Joe talks shop with her over dinner. 
annav3

annav3

roosters signed the pommie not the bulldogs..there you go..either the bulldogs are incompetant or people have no clue what is going on if anything. 
annav3

annav3

at work we dealth with Mathias Cormann quite a bit and he is a good operator. We now have to deal with Soddinos. Big business love the coaltion. the poor retail consumer will suffer. 
Balso

Balso

This is a tricky subject and I don't wish to start world war three in debating but...........
After giving the issue of asylum seekers a fair bit of thought I have found myself coming full circle on the issue .
Firstly I think the Abbott Government at this early stage seems to be coming good on it's promise that they are reducing the number of boat arrivals quite significantly .
Secondly I have come to the view that this is a good thing for a number of reasons .
Less drownings for starters . Less vulnerable people being lied to when boarding substandard vessels .
They are essentially queue jumpers in the sense they are overwhelming resources at this end and denying other refugees their rightful place in the queue system . If the boats were allowed to continue then the horizon would be cluttered with vessels on their way .
The Australian electorate is pretty much in favour of stopping the boats and Abbott is doing what he said he would do . 
NathanB

NathanB

Does it get more ridiculous than talk of queue jumping on an internet forum?

Time for another Big Mac and Coke? Power up the laptop, flat screen and iPhone? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181