The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Trex

Silverelvis69

Silverelvis69

If this over paid babboon does not like to run deep!!!
it is frustrating the hell out of me.

He is aldo not an 80 min player!

please hasler- do something??
bench him, stick a rocket up hes ass.

He is a big liability and so far is the biggest dud buy of the year!! 
alchemist

alchemist

Williams has not played well so far... definitely does not do enough running onto the ball with pace, which means it is a lot easier for the defence to handle him... but it is still early and since we have committed to him for 4 years (i think), best be patient 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Has got to where he is through sheer talent, he's at the right place if he wants to take his game to the next level. 
annav3

annav3

Canterbury recruit Tony Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year"

[LIST]
[*] James Phelps
[/LIST]

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/03/23/1226604/122512-tony-williams.jpg
Tony Williams has failed to find form early in 2013. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Sunday Telegraph

HE is known as T-Rex, but there has been nothing ferocious or intimidating about Tony Williams in his first three games for the Bulldogs.

A $600,000-a-year recruit, Williams is an early favourite for "worst buy of the year", with the 118kg giant ranked 44th in metres gained and 96th in tackles made.
The former Test and Origin enforcer has made less tackles than Manly half Daly Cherry-Evans and Cowboys No. 7 Ray Thompson.
His poor form has Bulldogs legends predicting he will soon be dropped to the bench, with Steve Mortimer claiming the former Manly back-rower was being out-played by rookies. It has been hard to disagree, with Williams making just 153m in 240 minutes of football.
"He isn't one of the six best forwards in the team at the moment," Mortimer said. "It is obvious that Des Hasler rates him, but from what I have seen he needs to improve.

"As a former player and a Bulldogs fan, he needs to step up a lot more.

"I think our two best forwards at the moment are Josh Jackson and Aiden Tolman. I love the way they are playing. They are putting in so much work and you can see their effort. He needs to have a look at what those kids are doing and do the same. That hasn't happened yet."

Williams' position in the starting side is soon to become a topic of debate, with Frank Pritchard, Sam Kasiano and James Graham all to return by round eight.

"There are a few to come back and the young guys are really putting pressure on him," Mortimer said. "He isn't in the top six forwards at the moment and needs to have a go.

"The Tony Williams I saw at Many hasn't come to Canterbury."

Williams made two poor defensive reads on Thursday night which lead to two Storm tries. He did not make an error with the ball but made four in the first two rounds.
Premiership-winning prop Peter Tunks said Williams was a work in progress and he backed him to improve.
"I think he has plenty of talent," Tunks said.

"It isn't easy going to a new club and he has to fit in with the new structures. He has to roll his sleeves up and go back to square one. He needs to do the hard work to get back to where he was.

"I honestly think he will get it together, but he has to do the hard work. He just can't hang out on the edges and wait for good ball."

Tunks said Williams would best be used on the bench.

"I would think Des would eventually use him as an impact player after 15 or 20 minutes," he said. "That is when he is at his hard-running best."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-recruit-tony-williams-is-an-early-favourite-for-worst-buy-of-the-year/story-e6frexp9-1226604121848 
alchemist

alchemist

at the moment, and assuming everyone is fit and available, i would pick Pritchard, Eastwood and Jackson to start in the back row... let Williams play off the bench in spurts

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Graham
15. Williams
16. Halatau
17. Finucane

18. Klemmer
19. Taupau 
annav3

annav3

forward stocks looking pretty good :) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Now, now...I know Aldo doesn't post on here much anymore, but there's no way he's as lazy as Williams. 
brendanalderson

brendanalderson

Yeah, thanks TS......I'm sure I could make at least 1 hitup and three attempted tackles each half. 
alchemist

alchemist

you can take the player out of Parramatta but you can't take the Parramatta out of the player 
alchemist

alchemist

Barba at fullback, Perrett, Brown, Low and/or Sila on the wings, Morris and Inu in the centres, and Reynolds in the halves... definitely coming along 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Manly fans liked to say they made him into the player he is when he went there.....so in this case I'll agree with them. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Toni Williams is such a disappointment for you guys. Not only does he refuse to run on to the ball, in the Manly game he deliberately put himself in front of his teams ball distributer so that he was not called upon to take the ball up - what is up with this guy.

More importantly, what will Hasler do with him, even last year he refused to take the ball at pace.

Such a disappointment for you guys. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

hey Hurricanh57 long time no see how you going :) 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Hey Marcus, I just replied but I don't know where to.....? wtf is going on 
annav3

annav3

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler says Tony Williams will become the $600,000 monster he bought

BULLDOGS coach Des Hasler has defended his $600,000 star recruit Tony Williams and predicted he will soon return to the 118kg wrecking ball best.

After a lacklustre opening four rounds with the Bulldogs, Williams submitted his worst display of the year against Manly last Friday night.

In nine hit-ups, Williams made 55m against the Sea Eagles and at one point forced five-eighth Josh Reynolds to throw a forward pass because he had over-run the ball.

Despite the slow start at his new club, Hasler said the criticism was over-the-top and he outlined how the Bulldogs had altered Williams' role.

"I really can't buy into why Tony hasn't come up with a lot of line-breaks, but his effort has been consistent and the opportunities that he's had he's been making the most of," Hasler said.

"I don't think it's as gloomy or as bad a picture as people are trying to make out.

"When Manly were tackling him there were three and four people in the tackle every time. It's early days at a new club and we've put other aspects into his game."

If any coach is going to press the right buttons with Williams, it's Hasler. Former Canterbury international Paul Langmack said Williams needed time to adjust to the Dogs.

"We all have bad games, even the Immortals had bad games," Langmack said.

"But without the composure of international halves in Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans, there's no question he's struggling to fit into a new system."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-says-tony-williams-will-become-the-600000-monster-he-bought/story-e6frfgd6-1226613991306 
Dogzmafia

Dogzmafia

TRex has being s dud so far for us....he just looks lazy & disinterested for mine, I know our forwards haven't aimed up but he hasn't taken any game by the scruff of the neck and tried turn our fortunes around

Pritchard needs to start this week with TRex on the bench.

Time for him to walk the walk and earn his massive pay cheque !!! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168