The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rumours, Recruitment & Retention news

broncos777

broncos777

I heard that Adam Blair has signed with a Sydney club. Anybody else heard anything? Same story with Ryan Hoffman. 
alchemist

alchemist

DOGS' UNHAPPY PUP

CANTERBURY'S recent signing splurge on playmakers does not have ramifications only for veteran No.7 Brett Kimmorley. Emerging Bulldogs five-eighth Aidan Sezer, one of the hottest prospects in the NYC Toyota Cup, is far from pleased that the club has splashed out on two other young halves, Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating, given he rejected a bigger offer from the Sydney Roosters last year. Sezer is wanted by eight NRL clubs and is trying to get out of his contract with Canterbury.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/does-this-sound-familiar-raiders-irate-as-carney-signs-with-roosters-20100702-zu11.html http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...0702-zu11.html

--------------------------------------------------------

lovely... 
alchemist

alchemist

agreed... but there is a worrying lack of faith being shown by the club in the players coming thru the ranks 
SavageSav

SavageSav

Surely Sezer has to understand he is still in the U-20's and if he is good enough there is no reason why he can't stay and fight Keating / Hodkinson or any other half for a spot. Gen Y.... 
matthew

matthew

Whatever happened to young players wanting to challenge themselves?

The same thing happened to Sherwin when they out sourced another halfback and he rose to the challenge. 
BigDog

BigDog

BLOCKBUSTING Kiwi international Greg Eastwood still hasn't given up hope of returning to the Kennel.
Our UK spies tell us Eastwood's Super League club Leeds has been in talks to swap the homesick 23-year-old for Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan.
And Canterbury officials are still interested in Eastwood, whose aggression and strike power up front have been sorely missed this season. Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg will meet with the duo's manager Dave Riolo later this week to discuss their future.
While Sport Confidential has been repeatedly told veteran teammate Luke Patten is close to securing a UK deal with either Salford or Huddersfield, Ryan will stay at Belmore next year unless he can reach an arrangement with Leeds.
Also expect the Bulldogs to have a huge play at Greg Inglis - assumes there's spare cash from Patten and Ryan's premature departure - should Melbourne be forced to off-load their superstar.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/greg-eastwood-keen-for-a-return-to-cantebury/story-e6frexnr-1225888715724

Greg Beastwood - Welcome back anytime
Greg Inglis - Welcome to Canterbury, although I doubt we could pull it off

How good would it look - Ben Barba, Greg Inglis, Josh Morris, Jamal Idris, Greg Eastwood - we would be unstoppable.
Just need to add one more forward in the Ryan Tandy/Ben Hannant/Aiden Tolman mould 
SavageSav

SavageSav

What are the chances of this rumour ever being a reality though.... We do miss him.
I don't think we'll jag an Inglis personally.
We need to get somemore firepower up front for 2011 otherwise we will fall further behind. 
annav3

annav3

Hopefully the club does not lose Dale Finucane like we did with Dan Harrison

[INDENT][U] Finucane v Finucane
[/U]JOSH BARTLETT

09 Jul, 2010 08:39 AM

FAMILY loyalties were split when local cousins Dale and Michael Finucane faced-off for their respective Toyota Cup teams last Saturday night at Bluetongue Stadium.
The round 17 national U/20s contest saw Dale’s Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs taking on Cronulla Sharks which included Michael.

In a one-sided contest, the Bulldogs took the honours 34-16, despite a late charge from their opponents.

Both Finucane boys scored a try and were heavily involved all night.

The teams exchanged the lead early before the Bulldogs took the advantage when Dale crashed over just minutes before the half-hour mark.

The conversion was slotted and Canterbury-Bankstown took a 12-4 lead at half-time.

The Bulldogs returned to the field fired up with three quick tries effectively sealing victory.

Trailing 30-4, Cronulla refused to give in and a converted try brought the deficit back to 20 points.

When Michael dived over in the 74th minute and the conversion was slotted, the Sharks had a sniff but Canterbury-Bankstown sealed the win with a try in the dying minutes.

Starting at lock, Dale was a consistent performer, particularly in defence while Michael was successfully injected from the bench into the second-row.

Cronulla have now lost five successive games while the victory sees the Bulldogs move inside the top eight.

The Sharks are still in touch but need to turn their form around quickly.

It has been an interesting journey to follow with the cousins reaching this game in contrasting styles.

Dale has continued to go from strength-to-strength in the past two seasons at the Bulldogs in the junior grades.

In 2009 he won the SG Ball Player of the Year award and this season hasn’t missed a game at the U/20 level.

On the other hand, his slightly older cousin was given no guarantees when he moved to Cronulla at the end of last year.

Michael has been forced to toil at club level while maintaining an outside job and was rewarded for his commitment by making his Toyota Cup debut last week.

Peter Finucane, Michael’s dad, said he was proud of both boys.

“They did a lot of tackling and they worked hard throughout the game,” he said.

“It was only Michael’s second game after he got about 18 minutes on the field last week against the Cowboys but he made a lot of tackles then.

“I’m not sure what his tackle count was this week but he was highly involved.

“I was really proud to be at the game.

“Dale is already established at this level and it was good to see Michael finally get his chance.

“Hopefully this sets Michael up for the rest of the year.

“Now he has made the grade it would be great to see him stay there and be rewarded for hard work.

“He hasn’t missed one training session this year.”

Did sparks fly between the two on field?

“They kept away from each other actually and were only involved in direct play a few times,” Mr Finucane said.

“They didn’t go out to target each other and were on opposite sides of the field.

“I’m not sure if that was the coach’s ploy or not to be honest.

“We knew the game was coming up but only found that Michael was playing on Monday night.

“The Cronulla club really looked after us to make sure we got up there.”

Mr Finucane said his loyalty during the game was split.

“People probably thought I was a bit mad cheering for both sides and I got really excited when they both scored,” he said.

“Hopefully this is the start of something for them both at the next level because they both did enough to be noticed.”

Before the game, Fox Sports provided a feature on the Finucane pair which included an interview with Dale.

“Dale gave our local area a wrap, saying there were some good footy players coming out of this area which I was proud of,” Mr Finucane.

“That was definitely one for the family book.

“I think this match showed that there is a lot of good talent coming from our area.

“It shows that these guys are just as good as everyone else and that’s a credit to all involved.”

Dale’s mum, Sharon Finucane, was unable to attend the match but watched it on television with Jeannine Elliott and her family.

Jeannine’s son Adam will be joining Dale at the Bulldogs next year.

Ms Finucane said it was a terrific game on Saturday night.

“I’m absolutely so proud of them both,” she said.

“It was like watching a Tathra versus Bega footy match all over again.

“It’s great to see Michael make the grade and hopefully one day they can play on the same team.

“It’s great to see them both up there because they have some support in each other.”

http://www.begadistrictnews.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/finucane-v-finucane/1880925.aspx?storypage=0 [/INDENT] 
annav3

annav3

[U]LEEDS: GREG EASTWOOD HOMESICK FOR AUSTRALIA[/U]
[INDENT]
9th July 2010 By Martin Richards

GREG EASTWOOD has hit top form for Leeds in recent weeks but it seems he still wants out at the end of the season to return to Australia.

The Kiwi international forward and World Cup winner is in the first year of a three-year contract at Headingley

He arrived from Canterbury Bulldogs, who have missed his aggression this season and are ready to take him back.

By all accounts, homesick Eastwood is ready to go, with the Bulldogs willing to swap out-of-contract skipper Andrew Ryan.

But that would seem to be a poor deal for the Rhinos given that Eastwood is still only 23 and Ryan is 31. David Riolo is the agent for both players and was meeting Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg this week for discussions.

The homesick stories first surfaced in May, with talk of him going back in a swap deal before the June 30 NRL signing deadline.

Eastwood declared at the time that he was happy to stay, but the homesickness has resurfaced.

Salford will be aggrieved if Ryan goes to Leeds because they have offered him and team-mate Luke Patten lucrative contracts.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/143603/Leeds-Greg-Eastwood-homesick-for-Australia
[/INDENT] 
annav3

annav3

another young talent leaving the Dogs. Nathan Massey heading to the Raidees

[U]Bulldogs beat Storm in NYC[/U]
Tony Adams, Sportal

10/07/2010 4:59:58 PM

Canterbury moved into the Toyota Cup top eight after beating Melbourne on Saturday – but they had to do it the hard way.
The Bulldogs needed to put on a late spurt after a gallant Storm side, sitting second last on the ladder, held them to 20-all midway through the second half.
Canterbury scored at better than a point a minute in the final quarter of the match, winning 42-20 to leapfrog into the top eight.
"The Storm really made it tough for us," Bulldogs coach Andy Patmore conceded.
"They have some good young players and are just a bit short on experience."
"We ran away with it in the last 20 minutes, which was pleasing from my point of view."
"But up until then, it was a real struggle."
Melbourne's cause wasn't helped by the fact the Storm scored five tries – and couldn't convert one of them.
"That made it tough for us… we couldn't buy a goal," coach http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=coach-profile-display&id=343&team=Storm-NYC&dean-pay Dean Pay lamented.
"We fought back a couple of times and made them work for the win. Our first half was very strong but then we fell away late in the game and started committing the same old errors – and they cost us."
Speedy centres Timoteo Lafai and http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-nyc-display&id=1150&team=Bulldogs-nyc&nehe-milner-skudder Nehe Milner-Skudder were in top form for the Bulldogs, scoring three tries between them.
Prop Steven Azzi, brought into the side from the Bankstown Bulls in recent weeks, led the way for Canterbury in the forwards up front.
And fullback http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-nyc-display&id=2081&team=Bulldogs-nyc&nathan-massey Nathan Massey , who has signed with Canberra for 2011, was safe in the last line of defence.
For the Storm, lock Ken Bromwich and prop Jarome Wilson took the battle to the Bulldogs up front.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=27744&title=bulldogs-beat-storm-in-nyc 
Dragonheart

Dragonheart

Nevermind....I hear Rhys Wesser is looking for a new contract 
alchemist

alchemist

Dale Finucane has a lot of potential... hopefully, the club sees that and brings him thru accordingly

as for Massey, i really think Barba is our next fullback... so hopefully, it is not a big blow 
SavageSav

SavageSav

Why hello Dragonheart

In case you didn't read it previously

based on figures provided by http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/ http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org[/COLOR] , the following is the amount of purchases made by all clubs in the period of 2000-2009

Newcastle - 39
Warriors - 42
Bulldogs - 44
Broncos - 44
Penrith - 46
Raiders - 47
Melbourne - 48
Tigers - 50 (2001-2009)
Roosters - 51
Souths - 55 (Since 2003. 86 if you take their last 10 years in the comp excluding their return year)
Manly - 61 (10 years going back to 1996 to exclude Northern Eagles years)
Dragons - 61
Sharks - 62
Parra - 62
Cowboys - 6 
Dragonheart

Dragonheart

Big deal....that includes all grades, not just first grade. And I am still waiting for you to name 4 guys in your current 1st grade team who came up through your junior ranks. I named 9 in the Dragons side....and your challenge was simple, less than half of that number. 
ScottD

ScottD

Not sure of Barba as a fullback either, but that's where he will end up in 2011. Either way is great to see him settling in the top grade, we don't need antoher Thurston episode. 
broncos777

broncos777

Yeah you guys will have a good young team next year 
annav3

annav3

the following have been [U]re-signed[/U]

Ben Barba
Martin Taupau
Dale Finucane
Sam Kasiano
Aidan Sezar

[U]external signings[/U]

Tolman
Hodkinson
Keating

[U]Confirmed departure
[/U]
Luke Patten

[U]Question mark[/U]

Brett Kimmorley 
SavageSav

SavageSav

I read we were linked to Matai....
"If" this is true then you've got buckly's of me renewing club membership. The guy is a grub and an injury plagued idiot.
Why not try and coax Hopoati back also....
I've read it all now... 
annav3

annav3

[U]RYAN TANDY COMMITS TO THE BULLDOGS[/U]
Wednesday 28 Jul 2010 11:05 Source: www.bulldogs.com.au

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have moved quickly to extend the contract of Ryan Tandy, the prop signing a two-year extension taking him through until the end of the 2012 NRL season.

Tandy joined the Bulldogs just six weeks ago after securing an early release from his contract with the Melbourne Storm.

"Ryan packed up his car after finishing up with the Storm on the Friday, drove 10 hours to Sydney on Saturday and started training with the Bulldogs on Sunday. Since then he hasn't looked back," said coach Kevin Moore.

"We've been impressed by his professionalism and he's certainly made a big difference to our go-forward.

"It was a major decision for Ryan to leave the Storm, but he backed his ability to secure a long-term contract and we're really pleased that we'll have him at the Bulldogs for another two years."

Tandy says he's relieved to have his future resolved.

"Obviously I'm glad to have things sorted and I'm very happy that I'll be at the Bulldogs for the next two years," Tandy said.

"I'm excited about playing for the club and under a coach like Kevin Moore.

"There was a fair bit of uncertainty around contracts when I left the Storm so heading to the Bulldogs mid-season was a move I felt I had to make. Now my future is clear I can settle in and continue to develop my game.

"The Bulldogs have a great culture and I've been made to feel very welcome here."

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=37158 
alchemist

alchemist

hopefully, its not true 
alchemist

alchemist

good news about Tandy... i was skeptical when he first signed, but he has been very good for the Dogs 
ScottD

ScottD

Matai - what a clown, the best thing for him is no contact anywhere; overrated and unrealiable. 
annav3

annav3

don't you think we need a centre? 
SavageSav

SavageSav

Idris will be a 2nd rower now.
Morris is a gun (AND needs to be given earlier ball, we aren't treating him well this year and it shows).
Of the rest, I don't rate Neumann, Winitana, Nani.
Haven't seen much of JTK or Cutler lately.
Turner & Goodwin will be better if we play for them a little more. Goodwin just a bettering ram at the moment...
Roberts may be the next centre for 2011?? 
Alsss

Alsss

HERE'S three names for Bulldogs fans to imagine in blue and white next year: Dane Neilsen, Reni Maitua and Greg Eastwood.

We've been reliably told the Dogs are very confident of luring Eastwood back from Leeds next year, while Maitua - albeit in Bali at present - only needs to convince club officials of his genuine desire to return to be given a second chance.

Neilsen has received offers from the Western Force and Cronulla, but the Storm outside back is now leaning toward Belmore. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181