Dogaholic

Dogaholic

Locke is a sensational player

Sonic - glad you are on the barba wagon
Janus - glad you are on the anti roberts wagon

haha 
alchemist

alchemist

if Roberts has a future in FG, i think it has to be as the utility off the bench 
Dogaholic

Dogaholic

Agreed. He can be a devastating dummy half runner at times. Reminds me of Polla-Mounter in that sense. A nugget almost impossible to put down at times.

I guess we can safely say that Tim Browne is going to be a keeper. He'll put some size on and will be good for us!! 
alchemist

alchemist

yes... give him time to get some more football under his belt, but he has a good base - size, speed, agility

Browne should be considered ahead of Hickey IMO 
annav3

annav3

Ennis looking likely to remain with Dogs
By Wayne Heming

17:39 AEST Tue Apr 20 2010

http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?width=300&url=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/news_feeds/726035_Ennis20_400x300.jpg Hooker and potential Bulldogs leader Michael Ennis is close to committing long-term to the club.

Homesick Ben Hannant might be angling to leave the kennel but contented hooker Michael Ennis is very close to committing long-term to the Bulldogs.

And with veteran skipper Andrew Ryan well into his twilight years, Ennis is seen by some as a future club leader having been mentored along his NRL journey by both Andrew Johns and Darren Lockyer.
No deal has been done yet, but the NSW Origin hooker admits he could remain with the Sydney club until around 2014 should his latest talks work out as hoped.
"Negotiations are well under way," Ennis told AAP on Tuesday.
"There could be an announcement within a few weeks."
Family reasons are behind the decisions of both Hannant and Ennis.
One of several children, Hannant wants a contract release to return to his large family on the Gold Coast.
Coffs Harbour-born Ennis, who's played for Newcastle, St George Illawarra and Brisbane, is keen to settle his wife and young son into the Bulldogs' family.
"The best thing about Canterbury is they involve your partners and your children as much as they can," said Ennis who pushed his Origin claims with a standout game against rival Robbie Farah last weekend.
"They genuinely care.
"People on the outside looking into a footy player's lives, they think it must be unbelievable.
"You do get time with your family but your weekends are taken up.
"You can't just shoot away with friends or go to the zoo with the kids, you have to play or train.
"There's a lot of sacrifices."
A future leadership role at the Dogs appeals to Ennis who's served his apprenticeship passing 100 NRL games last season.
"I was on the NRL merry-go-round for a while but I've been fortunate to have played under Joey (Andrew Johns) and Locky (Darren Lockyer) and now Andrew Ryan who's a wonderful captain.
"I've had some fair experience of picking blokes brains."
Ennis said Darren Lockyer was still Brisbane's x-factor, ahead of the Bulldogs' meeting with the Broncos on Friday at ANZ Stadium, while he warned Sam Thaiday was a man on a mission.
"While ever Darren Lockyer is in the side, he's their x-factor," said Ennis.
"He controls everything they do on the field. Whilst Israel (Folau) is a great player, and he's proven that over a number of years, I think Darren Lockyer's done it for 30 or 40 years hasn't he?
"He's a guy we need to watch as a team, we need to be on guard every time he's got the footy in his hands because he's always got blokes inside and outside of him.
"As for Thaiday, you get the feeling he has put his hand up and said 'we have lost a few guys, you young fellas I'm gonna show you the way' and he's done a great job, I think he's been really consistent over the first six rounds.
"He's certainly a guy we'll need to be good on that's for sure."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1042574&rss=yes 
annav3

annav3

Canterbury halfback Brett Kimmorley to sign a one-year contract extension with club
[LIST]
[*]Exclusive By Dean Ritchie
[*]From: April 21, 2010 12:00AM
[/LIST]
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/04/20/1225856/104686-brett-kimmorley.jpg

New Dogs deal...halfback Brett Kimmorley is set to spend the remainder of his career at Canterbury. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

CANTERBURY half Brett Kimmorley will play on with the Bulldogs in 2011.

Kimmorley will meet his manager today to nut out a one-year extension of his long and glittering career.
The Daily Telegraph understands Canterbury want him back and an announcement could be made within three weeks.
Kimmorley, 33, had a slow start to the season but his stats have picked up over recent weeks.
He has had 13 tackle busts this year, had 50 kicks for 1458 metres and an 82.6 per cent success rate with long kicks into space. He is averaging 20 tackles a game.
Kimmorley will tell his manager George Mimis today that he has the desire and fitness for one final season in the NRL - his 17th year in first grade.
Canterbury officials are also aware the star halfbacks of the NRL - aside from Johnathan Thurston - are locked up. The Bulldogs are adamant they are not chasing Thurston.

"We have been in very close dialogue with the Bulldogs for some months about Noddy's role and his future," Mimis said.
"We haven't started the process yet of negotiation but that will kick off soon.
"I anticipate at our meeting that Brett will tell me he wants to go around again.
"And I anticipate the Bulldogs will be keen to have Noddy's experience on their roster beyond this season."
Retaining Kimmorley gives Canterbury another year to search for a long-term number seven after Daniel Mortimer decided to remain at Parramatta.
Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said Kimmorley would essentially be allowed to make his own decision.
"If he thinks he can do it and his body is up for it, then that's great news," Greenberg said.
"He has the experience and standing in the game to make his own decision.
"Ultimately, he has earned that right.
"We will talk in the next few weeks.
"He has the longevity and the standing in the game.
"He will know what his body can take."
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have confirmed an interest in young Melbourne prop Aiden Tolman.
Tolman is off contract with the Storm and wants to stay - but could attract big money by leaving.
Canterbury's interest in Tolman will increase sharply if homesick prop Ben Hannant opts to leave for a Queensland club.
"There is some interest there [in Tolman]," Greenberg said.
If the Bulldogs cannot find a suitable replacement for Hannant, he will be told to see out his contract until the end of 2012.
One Bulldogs source said: "It may not be in our best interests to let him go just because he is homesick."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-halfback-brett-kimmorley-to-sign-a-one-year-contract-extension-with-club/story-e6frfgbo-1225856106360 
annav3

annav3

[INDENT]Barba may move to gain a start
GLENN JACKSON
April 22, 2010

In demand ... talented Bulldog Ben Barba has not yet re-signed and rival clubs have expressed interest. Photo: Steve Christo
HE HAS become one of the most dangerous bench players in the NRL, but the Bulldogs face the prospect of losing utility Ben Barba - because he cannot break into the starting side.

Already the subject of offers from North Queensland and Newcastle, Barba is weighing up whether to accept a two-year deal to remain with the Bulldogs. But his manager Gavin Orr admitted yesterday that the prospect of Barba continuing his NRL career off the interchange bench in the short term could sway his decision.

Declaring Barba's decision was ''not about money'', Orr said: ''It's about who's there in front there and being able to play footy.''

Barba spoke with Orr yesterday and reiterated that he wanted to start, even though he has been starring from the interchange bench so far this season - scoring six tries in as many matches. Orr later held talks with Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg.

''We want to hurry up and make our decision with Ben,'' Orr said. ''There's a bit of interest in him but his main priority is to stay. That said, we've got to be sensible and see who's ahead of him. As Ben said to me today, I can't see myself playing off the bench forever.

''I think Ben's been pretty patient. He's doing exactly what [Dogs coach] Kevvy [Moore] wants him to do at the moment. But he's a starting player. He's been a starting player in every team he has been in, and he's been a star as well, whether it be the 20s or reserve grade. I know you've got to give them time to play in first grade, and I'm not the coach, but I've got to look after Ben's interests. A couple of clubs have expressed to me that he'd be straight in their team.

''He's got a general desire to stay, but he hasn't been a bench player for the whole of his career and we've just got to weigh those options up.''

Halfback Brett Kimmorley's contract decision is not likely to affect Barba's own deal, given that coach Moore sees Barba as a fullback, or possibly a five-eighth, in the future.

But with both No.6 Ben Roberts and No.1 Luke Patten on contract for next season and Kimmorley seeming to be edging closer to having one for the road, a long-term starting position might still be more than a year away for the prodigy.

It is believed the Knights have targeted Barba as a five-eighth. Their strategic development manager, Keith Onslow, was in fact the Bulldogs' recruitment manager responsible for signing the then 17-year-old from Mackay midway through 2007.

Onslow was coy when asked yesterday about Newcastle's interest in Barba, but said: ''Ben Barba will always be a player of interest to me, having brought him from the bush to Belmore.''

The Knights are also chasing Melbourne's Brett Finch, a former Knights ball boy who is almost certain to leave the Storm due to salary-cap restrictions. That may in fact open up another door for Barba, with Melbourne officials taking some initial interest in him.

Orr is expecting to speak with Greenberg again tomorrow, while the chief executive maintained his club was close to holding on to the player.

''We've been talking for a couple of months,'' Greenberg said. ''Hopefully over the next week, we can come to some terms.''

Barba's future may even be secure before the club holds further talks with Kimmorley. Greenberg said yesterday he would leave further negotiations with the halfback's manager George Mimis until round nine, a bye for the Bulldogs.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/barba-may-move-to-gain-a-start-20100421-t09b.html
[/INDENT] 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

Looks like more than just Finch will be 'squeezed' out of the Storm due to salary cap restrictions....

Geez, a few players looking for other clubs I reckon!! 
mr.SPANKY

mr.SPANKY

I wouldn't mind a few of those storm players on our books. Tolman for one.

I do hope we resign Barba, I'd much rather have him in 5/8 then Roberts. 
simo00112

simo00112

dont re-sign kimmorley we might be able to snap up cronk 
simo00112

simo00112

players i would be getting rid of this year
patten
kimmorley
hannant
ryan
hickey
hodgson
payne
morrin
whitatana
players i would be signing/re-signing
ben barba
yileen gordon
cooper cronk
aiden tolman
lopini paea
greg eastwood/adam blair 
annav3

annav3

not sure what credibility Vossy has....but he said on the footy show last night that we are a good chance of getting Tolman 
Dogaholic

Dogaholic

Reported on radio...Beau Henry > Dogs 
alchemist

alchemist

we need a player to take over the halfback spot in the next 12-18 months and Henry is rated well enough 
annav3

annav3

[INDENT]Eastwood wants to return to Dogs

This week's RLW at page 5 reports as follows

Homesick supersub Greg Eastwood is attempting to get out of his contract with Leeds and return to the Bulldogs before the June 30 transfer deadline.

Eastwood starred in the Bulldogs' run to last year's preliminary final before picking up a massive contract with the British glamour club.

But Eastwood, who played 23 games for the club last year, 15 from the bench - is in regular contact with his former team-mates and is pleading to rejoin the Bulldogs this year.

Bulldogs officials have told Eastwood they will not attempt to break the Kiwi star's contract - but if he gains a release of his own accord, they would consider re-signing him.

[/INDENT] 
alchemist

alchemist

would be good to get Eastwood back, but you have to think that the club could only manage to fit him under the cap if they lose Hannant back north 
annav3

annav3

LEEDS SAY GREG EASTWOOD HAPPY AT HEADINGLEY
Wednesday April 28,2010

LEEDS claim Kiwi forward Greg Eastwood is happy at Headingley despite reports in Australia claiming he wants to rejoin NRL side Canterbury.

Eastwood joined the Rhinos on a three-year deal after winning the 2008 World Cup, when a protracted appeal against a visa refusal saw him play most of last season with the Bulldogs, helping them finish second.

Sources in the NRL say Eastwood, 23, wants to go back to the Bulldogs before the end on June and Super League champions Leeds would demand compensation or a player swap.

Eastwood is two weeks away from a return after fracturing his wrist against Harlequins and a club spokesman said: “He is raring to get back into action. Greg is very happy here.”

Home-sick Adam Mogg left Catalans for Canberra earlier this season and Shane Tronc won his release from Wakefield to link up with the Brisbane Broncos.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/171907/Leeds-say-Greg-Eastwood-happy-at-Headingley

which player should we offer? 
alchemist

alchemist

report indicates that Eastwood is happy 
annav3

annav3

BULLDOGS ANNOUNCE BARBA RE-SIGNING

Thursday 29 Apr 2010 10:56

The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce the re-signing of exciting youngster Ben Barba who has today extended his existing contract until the end of the 2012 season.

Barba has continued to develop all parts of his game under the watchful eye of Bulldogs Coach Kevin Moore and his coaching staff making 14 NRL appearances since his first grade debut in round 20, 2008.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore has acknowledged the hard work Barba has committed towards becoming an all round NRL footballer both on and off the field.

"Ben is a wonderful talent, who can create something from nothing with the ball in hands and we are very pleased with his ongoing development," said coach Moore.

"We have been very transparent with the fact that Ben needs to continue to work hard on all aspects required by the modern day footballer and we firmly believe Ben can continue to be that person.

Barba has enjoyed considerable success since joining the Bulldogs in mid season in 2007 as an 18 year old from Mackay. Highlights include making his NRL debut and becoming the inaugural NYC leading point scorer in 2008, followed by winning a premiership with the Bankstown City Bulls in last years NSW Cup competition.

"I'm really excited about securing my future here with the Bulldogs and extending my contract for another two years," Barba said.

"The Bulldogs have shown great faith and I'm looking forward to continuing to repay that faith." 
Dogaholic

Dogaholic

This kid has come a long way as a footballer and as a person. The news al Dogs fans were waiting for!! Good news 
alchemist

alchemist

very good news 
annav3

annav3

* THE Bulldogs are planning for life after Brett Kimmorley, not by just signing tryscoring wizard Ben Barba. The Dogs are talking to Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson and are one of many clubs who have approached Storm halfback Cooper Cronk. And despite all the talks, there is still a chance Kimmorley will extend for one more season next year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/smiths-deal-lands-ribot-in-cap-storm/story-e6freye0-1225861054120 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181