The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3: vs Storm

Morgues

Morgues

[violin]

Well, I wouldn't be too disillusioned if I were you. Despite no charges being made, I suspect there will still be an eventual outcome over the Slater/Klemmer incident. Even if it's only clarification as to what would be considered accidental, that would still be a positive. 
TheChello

TheChello

Slater is a protected species - end of story. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Funny how an accidental shoulder to the head in a tackle brings about a holiday, and an "accidental" kick to the head is OK. 
southsport

southsport

I don't blame you anna..........I've never seen a more deliberate act. 
alchemist

alchemist

there have been players that i think got unfairly scrutinised for their play on the field (eg. Craig Smith)... therefore, if you have players that cop too much, then it is fair to say that there must be players that also cop too little... Slater was charged with dangerous contact to the head in Round 2, copped the early plea and was free to play the next game... then gets penalised for a kick to the head but it is deemed accidental and nothing more done

i guess we cannot be too unflattering to a favourite son of the game 
slip

slip

How does one's leg lash out like that when jumping for the ball? I think Slater was concerned he would be tackled in mid air so he dealt with the situation himself. 
annav3

annav3

I went to NSW Cup today, Wenty won the match quite easily in the end

The only positive I can draw out is that Trent Hodksinon is coming along nice, he has improved every week. He is running the ball, more, organising attack, doing kick chases. Even goal kicking is good. He looks to be getting his confidence back.

I thought the Magpies had some good front rowers, Parra should give them a go in the top grade. Can't do any worse, 
alchemist

alchemist

the Eels have a front row rotation of Mannah, Moi Moi, Allgood and Lussick at the moment which is good enough IMO 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

like most clubs this season parras problem is the halves I feel 
alchemist

alchemist

the Eels will look better once Luke Kelly returns to five eighth... Ben Roberts has always been that player where you saw potential (eg. he can run, can kick even though he decides not to show it), but he will always make dumb plays... for example, on the attack in the opposition 20, he grubbers on the 2nd tackle straight to Moltzen... on the other hand, he gets caught in possession on the 5th tackle having tried nothing... he is also a poor one-on-one defender... he has a loose carry

they have a very young three quarter line in Sio, Tautai, Blair, Loko and Morgan and you are going to have to expect bad decisions, errors etc. from them at this early stage of their careers... most of them should be persevered with though

they do not have the most dynamic pack but it is serviceable... concentrate on yardage, defence in the middle of the ruck, and minimising errors (which would apply to all teams)... and recruitment for 2014 onwards of a damaging forward (as they tried with Papalii)

Sandow is playing better now than last year (granted, the season is only 3 games old), but i do think Stuart will be good for his development, which is in stark contrast to Coach Stuart in the past at the Roosters, Sharks or rep teams

lastly, the enigma that is Jarryd Hayne... he has to bridge the gap between his best and worst games for the Eels to succeed... he was untouchable in 2009 but since then has put up some very discouraging performances (although granted, he has had some injury issues in that time)... if he is to be captain of the club, he cannot appear to be disinterested, he has to be able to converse with the refs, he has to be able to let go of his disappointment of a bad call or an error or a bad run in a game, he has to put in the effort even when it is a lost cause etc... to be a leader, those that are led have to believe 
alchemist

alchemist

and i think last night's game between the Broncos & Roosters should show that the Eels don't need Norman, especially at $400K+ a season 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Nothing wrong with our Prop rotation, against you guys last week our props ran 390m to your's 348m

Made 90 tackles to your's 59, Missed 3 to your 1. Errors were 1 a piece, and penalties conceded 2 , 1

Against the Tigers it was much the same. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I would have Norman over Roberts, but as you say, at the reported 400k a season, not worth it. 
alchemist

alchemist

would you have Norman over Luke Kelly? would you have him over Hopoate at '1' and Hayne at '6' in 2014?

honestly, i doesn't make sense to me for Parra to recruit Norman... that is not to say that Norman would not be good for another club or his present one for that matter, but Parra don't need him IMO 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I really haven't seen enough of Kelly to make that call, but I've seen enough of Norman to know I'd like to see more of Kelly.

Personally I'd have Mullaney over Norman at 1, let alone the potential Hoppa jnr brings. 
Silverelvis69

Silverelvis69

gee ...i hope trent is elevated next week.
Keating is frustrating me!! 
alchemist

alchemist

i was at least happy to see that the Sunday Footy Show & Roast were prepared to discuss the matter, did some research and showed that Slater's jump with an outstretched leg was not an isolated incident, and that he has a duty of care with more than one panellist questioning whether he had a case to answer 
annav3

annav3

he lacks pace though, not sure about his defence. 
alchemist

alchemist

no issue with Hodkinson's defence for a halfback 
annav3

annav3

[h=1]Round 3 Players Player: Drury Low[/h] 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168