The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Penalty Count

Hasler

Hasler

In which game this year do you think those corrupt farks in pink will allow us to win a penalty count? 
View all 34 comments
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Remember how Dessie used to bitch at Manly about being on wrong side of penalty count :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

it is the nature of the beast that you wish to squeeze whatever advantage you can over your opposition, both on field (eg. wrestling) and off field (eg. sports science)... and from a Dogs perspective we have seen the approach taken by the Bulldogs before under the stewardship of Warren Ryan and the effects that had on the game (esp. rule changes, interpretations)

Hasler has done a great job to date, couldn't be happier... but i think it is clear that he has made us push the limit at the ruck more than ever before and it will be interesting to see what happens with the new refereeing 
annav3

annav3

there was some form of corruption going on before half time Thursday nights match. How is Sandows hit on Morris not a shoulder charge? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Left arm comes around, yes it's a shoulder charge, but not by the rules they have set. 
alchemist

alchemist

i thought Thurston's attempt to prevent a try was more blatant 
MrChook

MrChook

Round 6 :I 
professional

professional

:lol: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

That penalty count will be equal I predict 15 a piece :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

in other words, we'll concede more penalties than the Dragons will score points that round 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It will be double our point or triple :lol: 
slip

slip

Because Sandow can't shoulder charge to save his life! 
annav3

annav3

always entertaining to watch him try...how about Slaters hit on Winterstein..another protected species 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I think they're happy as long as he doesn't lead with the feet. 
professional

professional

Thankfully they've finally got him to stop that.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+v+Storm+FV-Ly1OHE3il.jpg 
Morgues

Morgues

I've only seen it briefly, and from one angle, so I'm not sure if it was a shoulder charge or not. It was a bit late, but it would be hard for it not to be as he was running full pelt at Winterstein, only for the ball to be passed. A bit difficult to pull out by then.

I would like to see some replays of it, though, preferably from multiple angles. Then I will make my judgement on the legality of it.

Alchemist, you make a fair point re the JT hit, although he appears to have done far more damage to himself, instead. No further need to penalise him for it. ;) 
alchemist

alchemist

don't get me wrong, i would prefer shoulder charges to remain in the game on the proviso that players that connect with an opponent's head to get harsher penalties

just curious, if a player hits an attacking player with a shoulder in an attempt to save a try, could that result in a penalty try? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would assume yes.
I don't think it will be too long until we see one actually - when a player is going for a try in the corner a defender (usually the fullback) will normally try to push them out using their shoulder. It would normally be a reflex action so, like I said it will probably happen at some stage this year. 
alchemist

alchemist

the commentators last night said that it wouldn't actually constitute a penalty try when Merritt saved a try by shoulder charging the Sharks centre... an interesting grey area has arisen in the game with this rule change 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Harrigan on Triple M was quizzed about it, his opion was, yes it could happen, but it goes to the circumstances, the ref has to be convinced a try would have otherwise been scored if not for the indescretion. 
alchemist

alchemist

a similar effort to Smith's in the 1999 GF but imagine it wasn't an Ainscough head high tackle but a shoulder charge... would love to see how the refs would respond 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

depends who is hit and if they are a media darling or not ;) 
bandwagon

bandwagon

They brought that one up as an example. Seemed a bit non committal either way. 
Hasler

Hasler

Lol, conceded. It was actually 10-9 but who's counting. In that Cowboys game we had already been virtually penalised out of that game before the "catch up" penalties started. And that penalty the cowboys received under the posts when Moore fumbled from dummy half was a dead set joke. To penalise for not being square at marker when you're defending your tryline is blatant and obvious cheating. I mean where's the second marker supposed to stand? In his in goal???? Anyway I'll rephrase, when is the next time we will win a penalty count? 
MrChook

MrChook

Once again, Round 6. 
Hasler

Hasler

Spoken by the supporter of a team who are pioneers in the area of ruck infringements and slowing down play the balls. Yet the Storm are somehow miraculously never even close to the worst infringers (as far as penalties are concerned) in the comp. The Storm are a great side and I'm not bagging them, but don't give me a song and dance about discipline when as far as I'm concerned your side are the worst offenders in the NRL. If you want to have a detailed discussion of how I think the Storm have been able to compensate for fielding what has essentially been a reserve grade standard forward pack for the last two or three years, then let me know. We all know how you 'compensated' your forwards for the previous four years. 
professional

professional

The only thing that is "reserve grade standard" was the Bulldogs' forward pack on the last Sunday of September. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181