The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Likely starting lineup for 2013

DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

Who do you think will be in the side for round 1?

1. Barba
2. Perrett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Inu
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Jackson

Bench
1. Eastwood
2. Finucane
3. Halatau
4. Keating

Something like that? Lafai will be slotted back in somewhere I would think wouldn't he?

Awesome forward pack!! 
professional

professional

1. Ben Barba
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Steve Turner
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Josh Jackson

14. Kris Keating
15. Dean Halatau
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Dale Finucane 
cpr_89

cpr_89

is the biter not playing anymore? 
professional

professional

Suspended. (For biting) 
cpr_89

cpr_89

1. Ben Barba
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Steve Turner
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kris Keating
15. James Graham
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Josh Jackson 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Oh i was thinking a strongest team rather than a Round 1 team. Then I guess Tapau (sp) or Klemmer in place of Graham 
professional

professional

I was pondering this and I think that once Graham returns there is a decent possibility that Williams will move to the bench.

I would think the Bulldogs would be better served with:

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Keating
15. Graham
16. Finucane
17. Williams

I think Williams is more suited to the bench than Jackson. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

While I agree Williams would be better suited as a bench player if we're looking at results right now I would like to see him develop his game and become more rounded and become better in the long term. 
alchemist

alchemist

1. Barba
2. Turner (gk)
3. Inu
4. Morris
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (c)
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Halatau
15. Graham
16. T. Williams
17. Finucane 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

Looks pretty settled barring a couple of positions. I would think Jackson will start, he came along in leaps and bounds last year and was absolutely outstanding towards the end. I knew he could play but I must admit he surprised me a bit how well he actually went in his first year.

No one else thinks Lafai will come back in? Probably makes more sense to play Turner and Inu in position, I just rate the young fella highly. He's a better left centre for mine but hard to see him moving Morris. 
professional

professional

Give him another year in the NSW Cup. He'll get a few games around Origin and I can't see Turner staying with the Dogs past this season. He could easily bag a spot on the wing in 2014 and could push Inu for a centre spot. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Turner is the most experienced, it makes sense. He wouldn't have been re-signed if there was no intention to put him in first grade.

I hear Nathan Massey has returned, are there any plans to move him to fullback and Barba to the halves down the track? Or has he missed the boat on this one? 
alchemist

alchemist

i rate Lafai as quite a talent and for a good portion of last year was advocating experimenting with Lafai at left centre with Morris as left wing as a way to incorporate him into the team... but Morris has cemented his spot at left centre and i am not sure whether Lafai is anywhere near as effective at wing or on the right side of the field 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Once Graham is back I would like to see this-

1. Ben Barba
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Steve Turner
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. James Graham

14. Tony Williams
15. David Klemmar
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Dale Finucane

18. Dene Halatau

With Grahams ball handling and playmaking I think he would fit well at lock. Thoughts? 
professional

professional

Doesn't really matter. Whether you play him at lock or prop he's going to play the same way. It is just a matter of how it affects team balance. I don't think it would be a bad idea. 
annav3

annav3

with Kasiano and Pritchard rumoured to not be available for round 1, who do you think will come in? 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Maybe along the lines of..

Tolman
Ennis
Finucane
Williams
Jackson
Eastwood

Klemmar
Taupau
Halatau
Keating 
annav3

annav3

VERDICT
The Bulldogs will again be one of the heavyweights of the competition. With no considerable losses in personnel and the addition of Australian Test player Tony Williams, anything other than a top-four finish will be considered a failure. The team’s only weak link is at No.7, with the Bulldogs lacking a world class playmaker. A premiership is not beyond the boys from Belmore with last year’s grand final heartbreak sure to provide ample motivation. Hasler will ensure there is no complacency.

X-FACTOR
Tony Williams(http://nrlfantasy.foxsports.com.au/ SuperCoach price: 305,900 )
He might just be the most intimidating player in the NRL. Tipping the scales at 115kg, Tony Williams has the ability to rip teams apart with his explosive running game. Williams didnt reach his full potential last year, but expect to see him back to his devastating after being re-united with Des Hasler.

ROOKIE MONSTER
David Klemmer (http://nrlfantasy.foxsports.com.au/ SuperCoach price: 87,500 )
The biggest pack in the NRL is about to get a whole lot hefty with 120kg former Australian schoolboy David Klemmer expected to feature in the NRL this year. Standing at 200cm, the 19-year-old is 4cm taller than Sam Kasiano and just as heavy.

PREDICTION: Second

GAINS
Tony Williams (Sea Eagles)

LOSSES
Sione Kite (Widnes, mid-season), Michael Lett (Illawarra Cutters, mid-season), Jonathan Wright (Sharks), Jake Foster (Raiders), Luke MacDougall (retirement), Tupou Sopoaga (Sharks), Bryson Goodwin (Rabbitohs), David Stagg (Broncos), James Gavet (Tigers)

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/your-2013-nrl-season-guide-everything-you-need-to-know-about-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/story-fn2mcuj6-1226574511896#ixzz2Km1SjzEW 
annav3

annav3

how about Moses Mbye as a bolter for the half back spot? 
alchemist

alchemist

i'm not sure halfback is his spot... in particular, i'm not sure he has the kicking game to be a FG halfback 
DoggiesFan1

DoggiesFan1

While Benny hopefully gets the help he requires it means a shuffle of our side for round 1.

Personally I'd move Inu to fullback and bring Lafai in at right centre, what are peoples thoughts? 
professional

professional

Yep, that's the way to go. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

I think drury low might get a run 
alchemist

alchemist

i would move Steve Turner back to fullback in Barba's absence 
annav3

annav3

forgot about him, he played well in our first trial match 

Recent Rugby League Posts

eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181