The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Keating

Hasler

Hasler

Another DUD. I think defensively he cannot be faulted BUT IN ATTACK fark where do I start. If Dessie is easing Hodkinson back, then I understand completely but if this guy is thought of as our best option at 7 then we're in trouble. Hodkinson on one leg is a better half than Keating will ever be, Hodkinson is just as good a defender as well. 
professional

professional

AWTA. Hodkinson > Keating. Although I get the impression that Hasler doesn't rate Hodkinson that highly. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Keating has never set the world on fire as a player, nor will he ever. Even during his time at the Eels, he was always one of those players that I saw as a fill-in for injuries.

Sure, he played and started a good few games and had solid performances in some of them, but despite all that, he was still rather average.

I think in regards to taking his game further, he's just about at the peak of where his level of play can go to and there's not much improvement.
Harsh perhaps, but that's from observation over a good few years. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

He's there as the incumbent. He'll play himself out eventually (or Hodkinson will play himself in), give it time. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

He ls woeful on attack. No creativity at all. Just stiffles the attack. Even worse having Graham out 
professional

professional

James Graham ----> halfback 
alchemist

alchemist

Keating can be a role player for a team as either a utility or depth player in the squad... but he isn't/shouldn't be a starting half... there are limitations in his game but what troubles me most are his errors and/or bad plays when put under pressure (you see it with his handling & his kicking when the defence is in his face)

Hodkinson is the better player and should be starting halfback... but considering that he didn't really feature in FG last season when he first got injured and has started this season in NSW Cup, Des must not rate him 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

You're welcome. 
alchemist

alchemist

i look at it as the Dogs having signed one Parra half (Keating) for less than $200K a season and missing out on another Parra half (Mortimer) that would have cost $250K+ a season

in that case, i appreciate your good humour 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would have responded with something along the lines of "You're welcome for Ben Roberts", but each to his own I guess.

At least we're now rid of Morts. 
slip

slip

I'm happy to have Sandow over Keating. I wasn't saying that last year though. 
annav3

annav3

I like Krippys pace, comes in handy sometimes 
BigDog

BigDog

I think he is more of a five-eighth/hooker. His support play/defence are good but that kicking game is giving me headaches 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181