The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

Nancy

Nancy

@BankstownBulldog if they used their brains they would have got double or more people if they halved the prices. It amused me that they were charging an extra $5 for tickets at the gate why? If you turn up to any ground if the price is $20 that's what you pay at the gate, a real rip-off. 
Nancy

Nancy

There were a few funny moments at the AGM an old guy gets up and says ....... I was against the appointment of RAY CHARLES but after hearing her speak I am very impressed, he meant to say Raelene Castle too funny. Then another old guy gets up and says I'm against the club being sponsored by Lion Nathan you know with all this publicity with footballers etc ...... then he goes and sits down next to Tony Charlton one of the biggest drinkers going around hehehe. 
Nancy

Nancy

Another p...weak act by Dib ....... he did not utter one word to Phil Charlton or Paul Dunn to thank them for their service at the meeting, despicable. After the meeting Raelene went over and thanked them for all their help and gave them a kiss afterwards. 
Nancy

Nancy

@hounddog you asked about the McGrady brothers. I haven't seen Brandon play and I wasn't at the early games today but Lindon must have played well, the times I have seen him play he has very good pace and a great step, needs to fill out a bit but he does have talent. 
IanC

IanC

Probably couldn't think of anything that either of them had done. I certainly couldn't either. Seems like your mates lost so why not just cop it sweet and accept the verdict of the members. 
Nancy

Nancy

Ah yes all those proxy votes, members who will never turn up to a meeting, just out there in the ether somewhere. 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy - apparently Tony Williams ran onto a few balls - that has to be worth an extra $5 at the gate considering he didn't get out of first gear too often last year. 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy - I am not a big Dib fan and I am not sold on Castle either. I wouldn't have minded GJM being involved in some capacity again. 
Hartley

Hartley

@IanC I think the point is no matter what they were in those positions and deserved some recognition. Either way I'm not too arsed at what's going on behind the scenes apart from the coaching side of things. How'd the forwards go today? Did they show some extra grit? Power? 
IanC

IanC

@Hartley Nancy is cranky. I wouldn't pay too much credence to what she says about this election although she has at least told us who she is. The fact is Dib had no need to say anything after the election result about Dunn and Charlton. As far as I was concerned the matter was handled with dignity and without recrimination.
@nancy As you are aware Nancy I got up and spoke at the meeting. You could easily have come up and said hello. You chose not to do so. If you had anything to say to me that would have been a perfect opportunity. Yes you can remain anonymous on this and any other site. But if you post stuff criticising members of the Board on the basis of inside information or make predictions of player purchases based on your great contacts inside the club then that right to anonymity is compromised. Anyway water under the bridge. 
AshF

AshF

@nancy
I am a member who gave my proxy to Ray Dib because I'm happy for him to use it how he sees fit. I have full confidence in him and there was no need for me to be at the AGM. I'm neither disinterested or out there in the ether somewhere. 
Hartley

Hartley

@IanC just like yourself mate I only judge from personal experience rather that what other people say. Nancy has always been super nice and only held the club's interest at heart. She seems to have opposing views to many but that doesn't mean they're wrong. As I said mate, you've got every right to feel the way you do and I'm not slagging you off at all about that. I just know from my experience that she's been grand with me.

On a seperate note, how'd the forwards go people? Were we playing a deeper line and running onto the ball more? It sounds that way but just want to check 
IanC

IanC

@Hartley I have no problem with Nancy and she has a perfect right to hold whatever views she does. I just have a problem with posting what may be considered as insider information under the cloak of anonymity. Seems a reasonable request that the purveyor of such information would at least identify themselves and where in general terms the information originated. 
Bushman

Bushman

Nancy: I hope your not autistic, you said that I am a fan of Hitler because I implied that a good strong dedicated person is needed.
I 'm still convinced that a board dominated by X players would have led to disaster. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Nancy thanks for the info on the McGrady brothers.
If we are struggling this year of Hodko gets an injury I hope Des gives someone like Lyndon a shot at No 7. I'm happy Mbye can cover a bench utility spot or 6.
I was surprised that Templeman got a run at 6, I wasn't at the game but it seems he went OK.
Overall my impression of the trails is I am happy with out preparation and depth, more wil become apparent as Des settles on his top 17.
In terms of club politics can't you an Ian agree to disagree and leave it at that.
I know people fell passionately about this issue, but there is no right or wrong just different opinions.
At this stage of the season, I would rather talk abut the footy.
If we have a disappointing season, we can all revisit the politics and the end of the year. 
dan_o

dan_o

Nancy, Dib shook both Paul and Phil's hands. What's he suppose to do. Give them a cuddle? FFS they had just been voted off the board. To dunn's credit he hung around but he wanted off the stage quick smart. Phil had a beer in his hand and took his loss with dignity. Why are you trying to stir something up that isn't there? It was a great AGM and nothing but positive IMO. 
dan_o

dan_o

As for the trial, it was just that, a trial. Glad I wasn't playing in that heat. Stifling at belmore yesterday. I was pretty much go through the motions stuff from the NRL squad. No injuries which is a bonus. The word Des used yesterday is consistent. Hopefully the boys get through the 9's ok this weekend. I want to see us bash the broncos. 
Desler

Desler

Was Barba addressed at the AGM? Did Des have anything good to say regarding our off season and chances for the year? Did we reveal any exciting new NYC talent? 
IanC

IanC

No, no and no 
GLTD

GLTD

Never been less interested in the Bulldogs and NRL..

The game sunk to new lows for me last year. With the Poosters, Channel 9 & SBW winning the GF, Barba pissing off and the players obviously going through the motions, which looked like a directive(Betting).. the game stinks ..

I've chosen not to renew my membership for the first time in 15 years.. Ill be still watching but with NO where near the passion I've had previously.. Unless my faith can be restored, which will take some doing!!.. 
Bushman

Bushman

Nancy: now that the AGM is done and dusted, can you tell us if this Lyndon McGrady is related to Ewan. 
Balso

Balso

@bushman good question that's what I wanted to know . Apparently there is two of them . 
Nancy

Nancy

Tim Lafai broke his hand out for 6 weeks. 
Balso

Balso

You have defended yourself admirably Nancy and another viewpoint is always welcome . 
Nancy

Nancy

@Dan_O Wasn't trying to stir anything up but I can never remember when the chairman never thanked the departing members, just common courtesy. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181