The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

IanC

IanC

Well part of the parole agreement is she will not be able to tell her story to the press so that takes us up until 2017 when she will be released and will be able to come to Australia. By then who knows what would have happened.

Bushman

Bushman

Nancy, Are you aware that Paul Dunn and Andrew Farrar were part of the group led by Ray Dib which originally took control of the board, so why then has their been a fallout between Dib and Dunn. I cannot be sure of the reason so I can only speculate, if you know the reason please let us all know. It would be a sad day if the fall out had something to do with ethnic or racial matters, perhaps some people may think that cleansing the board of ethnic influence may make our club more acceptable to some people in the media.
The mail I've received from the Dunn group is full of praises for the achievements of the current board, however I find their reasons for wanting to oust Dib @ Coorey very very week. My concern is that the problems within the board may have been going on for some time and may have caused our poor on field performances during 2013 season.
My concern is that if we end up with animosity between some of the board members, Parra will be able to rest easy with the fact that they will be spared another wooden spoon.
I strongly believe that if Ray dib wins then Paul Dunn should resign even if he is elected. 
Nancy

Nancy

@Bushman, Why are so many on here so taken by Dib, he has been shifty from his 1st election when all those votes disappeared for Mark O'Brien. O'Brien had 139 votes go missing and then they were found after he protested which gave him the same total as Dib but then Dib found another couple votes for himself, how fortunate. He has been stacking the votes ever since with people who haven't a clue about football and they will not turn up to the meeting but he will have their proxys of course. He is paranoid about losing power that is why he has dangled some carrots in front of Mortimer to run. He is not satisfied with having a 4-3 majority he wants 7-0. How can that be healthy for the club?

How ridiculous to think the fallout is about race, it wouldn't matter if he was Chinese or Indian or whatever it has nothing to do with it. Dib and Dunn had business dealings which didn't end well, it had nothing to do with the Football Club but Dib couldn't leave it at that so then the petty things started like putting the directors who question his actions in their own little box at ANZ.

The players on field performance had nothing to do with the board. Most of them couldn't care who was on the board. Their world is Hasler and his staff and that's all they care about. It was agreed that nothing would be leaked to the media before the election that lasted about a day but that's the way Dib works. I think Greenberg had enough of him and that's why he left when he did.

Anyway what will be will be, I just wish questions could be asked before the vote, now that would be very entertaining.

Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

Hello Nancy how are you going?

Nancy

Nancy

@Belco can't complain how are you? 
steveswr

steveswr

Always see a lot of Bulldogs players in the Shire. James Graham sighting looking very trim, perhaps a little too trim(?) doing what all seem to be doing texting.

Speaking of the shire would there possibly be a resident going to the AGM who may be able to provide a lift back after the AGM. Daughter & her husband are returning from 3 day weekend cruise on Pacific Pearl which due to dock 7am at White Bay. If they get off reasonably quickly can return prior meeting but may have to have them drop me off at Belmore. I told them they could sneak into the AGM but they weren't overly enthused. This is a meeting I don't want to miss. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 
Bushman

Bushman

Nancy: You are obviously much closer to the action than I am, so could enlighten me and other interested posters about the report a few years ago where it was alleged that someone associated with the club had made a serious accusation against Ray Dib, and following legal action Ray Dib was totally exonerated. 
Bushman

Bushman

Nancy: I think your kidding yourself if you think that what goes on at board level does not affect on field performances. The great people have always said, "success starts from the top". 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

@Nancy going great went to the pool for a swim with the kids today now I am stuffed.You going to the game tomorrow?I wanted to go but cant as I will start at 4am Monday. 
annav3

annav3

thanks for your comments Nancy, I will definately take it on board when voting tomorrow. we need to get more football club members on board to counter the stronghold 
annav3

annav3

Should have a competition guess the number of proxy votes ray dib will have tomorrow 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

FIRE UP ANNA 
Nancy

Nancy

@annav3 I know and it is not pretty. 
Nancy

Nancy

@Belco and I thought you were a fitness fanatic:)) 
Nancy

Nancy

@Belco I'll be on the hill I don't think it is worth $35 for a 33 man trial. 
Nancy

Nancy

The thing that really makes me angry after the proxy stacking is the conduct of Steve Mortimer who has gone from 100 to ZERO in my eyes. I will always appreciate what he did on the field but his actions as a Dib stooge make me ill.

He has no intention of staying on the board he will resign, whether it is in 3 months or 6 months. So take that under consideration before you put a number by his name. They are taking the voters for fools and when he goes what happens? Dib puts another of his mates on the board without being elected as McMahon was.

If someone doesn't finish their term the 8th person voted for should go on. It is a complete joke.

Nancy

Nancy

Who cares about Johnson we have a future superstar half coming through just a pity he isn't 16 yet. 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

Nancy you have Email. 
annav3

annav3

DIB IN DOUBT

Bulldogs officials fear former disgraced salary cap rorter Gary McIntyre is driving the bid to dump club chairman Ray Dib at today's football club elections.

McIntyre was kicked out of the game in disgrace back in 2002 after being identified as the architect of the club's $1.5 million salary cap rorts.

The club was fined $500,000 by the NRL and stripped of 37 competition points when it was revealed cash from the Oasis building project was being siphoned to the players.

In recent weeks McIntyre has been spotted a number of times in the company of former prop Paul Dunn, who is opposing Dib at today's elections.

McIntyre previously backed Dunn's failed bid for the board at the 2008 elections. 
Nancy

Nancy

@Anna no surprise the other side knew they would release it at the last moment. How pathetic even though they have approx 25% of the vote of the total vote in proxys Dib is still so paranoid he has to stoop even lower than he already has, not that it surprises me. 
Slinky

Slinky

@Bushman
"I think your kidding yourself if you think that what goes on at board level does not affect on field performances. The great people have always said, "success starts from the top". 
Slinky

Slinky

hmmm, i wrote a longer answer and it cut it out. I basically said, that lower employers dont really care much about what happens in the higher up offices.

They just work to impress their team leader or manager. Upper management come and go whilst little old joe whos been working on the factory conveyor belt for the past 20 years doesnt give a stuff. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181