The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

Nancy

Nancy

Cares of the past are behind
Nowhere to go but I'll find
Just where the trail will wind
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds ......... 
annav3

annav3

Canterbury could be heading to Qatar to undertake high-altitude training at the site of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Respected businessman Anter Isaac, a candidate for the coming Bulldogs board elections, organised a study trip for several key staffers to tour the facilities in Doha. Isaac, the man who drafted the Western Sydney Wanderers' strategic plan, is attempting to get the whole squad across through his international connections.
''He gave me an opportunity to go to Qatar six months ago to see the FIFA facilities for the 2022 World Cup,'' Dogs chairman Ray Dib said. ''From that visit we sent our high-performance scientist recently and hopefully some time this year this is some talk about [coach] Des [Hasler] taking the whole squad for three weeks to do some high-altitude training.'' In other league news, there were concerns that a bad Achilles injury would force popular Shark Bryce Gibbs into retirement. However, the rugged Cronulla prop is back in training and certain to be a part of the squad for this season. 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

Hello Nancy how are you going?

Nancy

Nancy

Hey Belco I just sent you an email. 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

@Nancy got it and sent one back. 
Slinky

Slinky

We have a high performance scientist? What's he been scienting the past year? 
bradsm

bradsm

@SerbianBulldog - at least you guys signed someone. We at Liverpool got 0 
bradsm

bradsm

@Slinky - I think our high performance scientist is named Craig Hector. 
Zef.

Zef.

Political statement so stand clear but...

Is there anybody who wants to argue in favour of what I think is the most ridiculous public policy ever introduced in Australia by anybody being WA's Shark Cull crapola?

You don't have to be a greeny or friend of the shark to see how ridiculous it is, though I will say I do find it obscene that we think we have to kill things in their natural habitat doing their natural things to make it "safe" (which will be of NIL effect) for our leisure activities.

This is ridiculous to the point of farce.

I see they've killed two sharks so far. So did they get the "man-eaters" did they? Even if they thought they were targeting "man-eaters" what's size got to do with it? Big ones = man-eaters, not so big = not so much man-eaters.?!?!?!?

Who did they pay for that thinking? The sharks that live long enough to get big and all didn't do it by eating people. 
Zef.

Zef.

Give me 10% of the money their spending on this crap and I'll have more effect saving people from shark attack from my computer.

I'll do it right now for free.

1. Don't swim at dawn or dusk in spots sharks are known to frequent.
2. Don't swim on overcast days in spots sharks are known to frequent.
3. That calm oily appearance you see water look on even light cloudy days - stay out of it.
4. White frothy surf - stay out of it.
5. If there's baitfish, there's sharks - stay out of it.
6. Don't wear black wet-suits.
7. Don't p.ss in the water (seriously, as strong a scent as blood).

There's more I'm sure those with more expertise can add, but I ain't getting paid for this sh.t so it's all I got at 7am on a Sunday.

Never the less, I've just saved more people from shark attack in 5 mins than Colin Barnett will save in a thousand life times with his crap. 
Zef.

Zef.

The most ridiculous ironic thing about all this?

Anybody who has ever game fished for anything will know if you got a fish on the line and there's other lines in the water, you try to play it as long as possible before landing.

Why?

Because a fish in distress on a line excites other fish and so you increase your odds of multiple hook-ups.

Sooooooooooo....

Put a shark on a bait-hook in distress for hooooooooouuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrsssssss and every pelagic within half a continent will make a bee-line for it and guess what will follow them?

That's right - MORE F***IN' SHARKS! 
steveswr

steveswr

Personally I found the crocodile cull after a couple were taken in lagoon in Arnhem Land to be much more abhorrent particularly in view of the warnings that were given, so plainly at that. Getting taken by a shark is just unlucky. Getting taken by a crocodile can be classified as rank stupidity. 
Zef.

Zef.

If Barnett REALLY wanted to do something rather than just APPEAR to be doing something he could put some money into research on personal electronic anti-shark devices. I admit currently they're use is problematic as nobody really knows if they work or not - controlled experiments (for want of a better word) they seem to work fine, but at the same time there's been surfers wearing them reporting sharks circling underneath.

So, more research and development required. Maybe it's good money after bad but it's still better money than killing sharks for appearance and no effect.

But, the people that Colin Barnett is targeting are are the sort of people who would say "What, moi pay $200 for an anti-shark device so I can be safe swimming in moi ocean? I would rather you kill all the sharks."

And there, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth behind this absolutely ridiculous policy. To calm the brain-dead and win the odd vote or two off them. 
Zef.

Zef.

Steve the thing about Croc culls that have been carried out in the NT after a croc attack is they just about EVERY time get the one that done the killing. As a matter of fact I can't think of one where they didn't including the most recent one

They can identify and so target the culprit much, much, much more effectively with crocs than they can with sharks, which is just totally impossible.

And I got no problem with that meself. If you can catch THE killer, then kill it. But don't kill every other shark (or croc) in a 10000000000-1 lottery that's not gonna get you THE killer just to make people feel good. 
Hartley

Hartley

@Brad. That player that Wenger signed is out for a reported 2 months ..... 
Zef.

Zef.

I got a croc story.

Back in the 90's me and two mates went on a beer-drinking tour of the NT. Hit Katherine and we were wandering the scrub beer in hand (and keeping well away from the river bank) when we spotted this croc on the other side of the river. Biiiiiiiiiig croc, sorta sitting in the shallows waiting for something to eat.

Took one look at it and ran back to the camp site, beer in hand, done with our wildernessing for the day.

Next day we had a barra fishing trip booked. First thing, I took one look at the boat and remembering the croc thought "We're gonna need a bigger boat", but our "guide" was a teenage girl and f***ed if I was gonna look all wimpy in front of her so we manned up and off we went.

Chugging along the river and we approached where we seen the croc and I told the lass about seeing a big croc here yesterday and then... I spotted him again.

"There he is, he's still here, have a look at the size of him."

The lass has a good long hard look, turns to me and says -

"That's a log." 
steveswr

steveswr

They actually didn't get the offending croc in the recent case....at least not in the first few days. Personally if a sign says don't swim here there are crocodiles and you will probably die (or similar more politically correct words) and someone "disobeys" the sign and ends up being crocodile lunch then so fekking be it. It is almost like putting the Monty Python sketch into practice..."the only thing that worries me is being first down that gullet" 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

When people were attacked by piranhas recently, more than once, the authorities there said "That's unusual". Perhaps the victims & the authorities didn't spot the clue in the name of the place - the PARANA river!

They all deserve to be nominated on darwinawards dot com. 
Zef.

Zef.

That boy in The NT just the other week? They did get the croc and what was left of the boy. 
steveswr

steveswr

After 2 days they had killed 2-3 14 footers and found zilch. I didn't hear anymore after that. 
Balso

Balso

Agree @Zef about the shark cull . I know quite a few surfers and not one of them is in favour of killing sharks even if surfers have just been attacked and killed they are still not in favour of retribution . What about that guy who lost an arm and leg in a shark attack and is out and about being very active opposing this cull . 
Balso

Balso

@Ian and @serb since when has Abramavich had a five year plan with his managers ? Has Mourinho got a clause this time in his contract that stops him being sacked within a certain time frame ? Maybe he does , Jose is not stupid surely he was better prepared for contract negotiations second time around . 
IanC

IanC

Mourinho will be there for the next three years at least and probably longer. The contract itself is for five years but that means little nowadays. However certain guarantees are in place and Mourinho is already doing a brilliant job in my opinion. Put simply he is the best there is and he is already building for the future. 
Hartley

Hartley

I find it funny how people slag off Mourinho & Chelsea. I hate both but if there's one person in the EPL with a longterm plan it's Mourinho. Just bought 2 players that will come in Summer, Zouma + Costa, he's come in an decided on focusing on the defence even though that's sacrificed some points. He does that because of the longterm. Hate the guy but he's going to make Chelsea into some strength in the coming years.

I'd say that BR & Liverpool are the same just without the willingness to throw money around like Cheslea. Man U are a wreck, paying that much money for Mata when they have massive issues elsewhere in the squad. For that amount of money they could've easily have bought Reges + M'Villa with 15m change at the very least.

Balso

Balso

I hate Abramavich and Chelsea because they were the first to lead us down this path of massive fortunes buying the Premier league . I think Mourinho is a bit of a prat but has undeniable coaching ability heavily leaning on the conservative side as in let us not lose first .
Man city may win everything as Ian says but not on any brilliant tactics from the coach or splendid once in a lifetime performances from a couple of players . No it is sheer weight of money and for that there will be no admiration from me for Man City .

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181