The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

Fender

Fender

I think that's a fairly superficial comparison, but I understand why it's an easy conclusion to reach.

I don't recall us playing the quality of sides with the injury (and suspension) problems in the first 6 rounds of 2010 that we have in 2013.

If anything, I'd be more inclined to compare our 2013 to the Sea Eagles 2009 season. Pre-season disruptions, key personnel missing at the beginning of the season, Hasler sticking to the game plan that won them the 2008 premiership despite the absence of players critical to execution of the plan (Stewart and Watmough in particular). They managed to drag themselves to 5th but went out without much of an impact.

I'm not about to make bold predictions about our fortunes, but I can't imagine we'd miss the 8 if we can get our best team on the park for 12 out of the remaining 18 matches for the season. 28 points is typically enough to make the 8, we have a guaranteed 6 with 1 win and 2 byes so we need to win 11 out of 18 matches ... less then 2/3rds of the remaining matches. If we can manage 13 out of 18 and get to 32 points, we'll be in contention to finish in the 4-6th range. People should also remember that we changed finals systems and so finishing 7th or 8th is not the death knell it used to be ... it's 5v8 and 6v7 in Week 1 of the finals so momentum can be built without having to overcome a Top 2 side. 
stevevw

stevevw

well similar in the sense that one year we are riding high with leading the comp and playing great footy with little disruption and then the following year didn't meet expectations. its like sometimes teams do well the first year a new coach or players come in and then struggle to back it up. i agree this year is still time for us to turn things around. we are a better side than 2010 and have better structures. i think we have performed well with a lot of guts and its only in the last couple of weeks that it has taken a bit of a toll on us, any team would struggle. i have said the same played 5 top sides in 6 games with top players out.

im hoping the brake will be enough to start turning the corner. if we end up in the bottom 4 like you have said the finals are different and we wont face a top 4 side first week. by then hopefully we are playing our best footy and no matter who we play we will be tough to beat. timing is also important and we may be building to something with our players having gone through the early setbacks. im sure hasler and company know whats going on all i know is i think the club is headed in the right direction with the way it has transformed. 
stevevw

stevevw

also read that barba has confirmed his commitment to the bulldogs and is going nowhere. 
Fender

Fender

@stevevw ... Josh Reynolds has resigned for 4 years, so that's some great news!

I think the week of will do wonders for us. Losing a few games in a row that we were in up to our necks eventually wears a side down, but I expect the week off and the prospect of less hyped opposition will give us a boost. 
bradsm

bradsm

Fender I agree. Our season starts next Saturday at Gosford. Must come out all guns blazing and get the 2 points. 
stevevw

stevevw

also checked up on kasiano and it is saying he will be back round 8 maybe even rd 7 after the bye. for some reason it has James graham coming back in round 8 as well. i thought he got 12 weeks. 
dpdoggy

dpdoggy

Thoughts on the barba interview & Reynolds re-signing? Are our problems behind us? 
NRLSUPPORTER

NRLSUPPORTER

it should silence the rumours for a while but it doesn't resolve the issues with on field performances. Reynolds re-signing is great he should be future captain of the club. I hope the club signs up Tolman next. 
dpdoggy

dpdoggy

Chatter persists that Eastwood will be next. I believe the off field good news, reynolds - barba & perhaps now Eastwood - will flow through to an improved on field performance starting against the sharks. 
PowerDog

PowerDog

Agree with Fender. Also it would be nice to play a couple of the lesser teams. If you are already down, playing teams like the Storm, Manly and Roosters is not going to help your confidence. Wonder whether Kas and Graham will need a few games back to build fitness? 
Bushman2

Bushman2

My computer was out of action for about amonth due to a stuff up by big pond. Now that its working again, I'm back and I've no idea whats has happened to the old debate page or who the brains dehind the changes are. I'd give anything to know what has happened and why. Guess I'll now learning how mushrooms feel. 
lamb_shanks

lamb_shanks

@Bushman2, The original owners of rleague.com sold the site to an organistaion known as "punters paradise". Certain events occured after that and many of the BDP posters left and went to another site. Somewhere that bulldogs fans can chat so you could say its bulldogs chat. com pany is not restricted. 
gbrussell

gbrussell

what is there that is interesting to talk about. Pretty much nothing. 
stevevw

stevevw

just heard on the game plan or what ever its called that a rumor about kasiano wanting out and wont last the season, hope its not true. i can see other clubs wanting him and making big offers with the rise in the cap. any player who is coming off contract at the moment is getting big offers as seen with joel Thompson to saints. we will have to match any offer to keep him and hopefully loyalty will come into play. its hard when there's big money offered and i can understand players wanting to secure their futures. also the same show said that roosters are after falou and Sam tomkins from England though they may have to off load players, maybe Kenny dowel. i don't know how the roosters can stay under the cap if that's the case. they have spent some big monies on players and also to resign a couple of players on big upgrades. i guess the cap is really allowing some clubs to spend up. 
pepeaux

pepeaux

I must say I am most disappointed that this debate page has died and I dont know where the other people have gone-- although I did not post very often I still felt i was part of the family 
Dobbo

Dobbo

@pepeaux If you read lamb shanks post 4 above yours you will find the answers you seek 
Sammay

Sammay

why isnt klemmer playing?!?! like seriously we are paying him 330k next 3 seasons and now when his fit and could be gaining experience we are playing tim browne ... gee up of the century! 
stevevw

stevevw

yeah its quiet i just joined and everyone goes beginning to get a complex. 
Rowdy12

Rowdy12

Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

I think i should be a MOD because this site is going off.:)) 
bulldog57

bulldog57

Inglis acting career is over as more of the so called game commentary people and more players have been blind to act i call the pile driver.I first mentioned this after Inu got suspenedthen we saw matai suspended.Because the size of Inglis players mainly grab one leg he then Tthrows himself like a pile driver into the ground. 
stevevw

stevevw

i thought this as well, funny how its happened to him a few times. its like slaters kick when he jumps. it seems the elite players are allowed to do what ever and they cant do anything wrong. not saying its Inglis fault but it maybe a contributing factor that has caused players to end up turning him over. still the players will have to change their tackling methods on Inglis to bring him down rather than Inglis changing the way he plays.
yeah not good i made a comment on the 29th and have only 2 comments since then.

gbrussell

gbrussell

This site really has gone to the pack. There is really no point in being a member of a site that hardly anyone ever posts to anymore. Hopefully the moderator realises this and does something positive about it in the short term future.
Off to "The Kennel" I go.
Adios. 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

With Inu suspended Morris and NSW duty and maybe Barba a shock QLD inclusion who will replace them?

I’d say Drury low at fullback or wing and Brown in the centres. Not sure who else if all three are out.

stevevw

stevevw

also josh Reynolds now called into nsw squad, does that mean he cant play this week end. they should make the decision so any player not playing in the SOO will be available. otherwise we will need 2 centers and a 1/2. is keating available, maybe bring in drury low as well. we have a good wing/center in lower grades in john sila. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168