The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

annav3

annav3

junior rep games this weekend - saturdayvs manly at brookieharold matts 4pmsg ball 5.30pmlunch at harbord beach hotel b4 hand mohfish and chips plus damper bread awesome feed mate great pub too 
TheGodfather

TheGodfather

I would much rather Benny playing shuffleboard than blackjack! 
HKGDog

HKGDog

We dont have a spinner thats as good as Swann or even Panesar. Agree with Chisdog that Warner and Clarke should have bowled more, however, part timers in those conditions against a rampant Dhoni is tough. Good to see Henriques showing a hell of a lot of maturity with the bat with another 50. Think his bowling will suit English conditions. Hussey though is a much bigger loss than Ponting from a team point of view. And dire need of a quality spinner!! 
OldDog

OldDog

NSW bowler Adam Zampa has taken 10 wickets in Shield at an average of 23.9 and is a leg spinner who imparts a fair bit of spin on the ball and I think it was Kerry O'Keefe who is suggesting him as a must for Ashes tour. 
OldDog

OldDog

Good post...can relate to your first sentence..I went out and bought a stereo!This whole thing with Benny is just so dumfounding and to be honest out of the blue. It is honestly a BDP deja vu of the salary cap scandal and Coffs Harbour. At the moment I don't know which of the three is the more devastating. There is still hope here though a player manager I know has on more than one occasion voluntarily offered that he cannot stand Chris Orr so must say that managers really have to take a bit more responsibity. To me though, talk of racism is rank rubbish. 
JLL

JLL

Turner F.ullback, Lafai wing? 
jl0077

jl0077

I think Mitch brown gets a start.Can play! 
JLL

JLL

Certainly will be interesting on whom Unkie picks! I can't wait to go to Gosford 
Belcobulldog

Belcobulldog

Nathan Massey 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

Fallen hero may miss rest of seasonDate February 26, 2013 98 reading nowGlenn Jackson Suspended ... Ben Barba will have to convince counsellors he is ready to return before the club gives him the go-ahead.Suspended ... Ben Barba will have to convince counsellors he is ready to return before the club gives him the go-ahead. Photo: Getty ImagesBULLDOGS superstar Ben Barba's indefinite suspension may last for the rest of the season - unless he can convince counsellors and his club that he is ready to return to the NRL.Barba, who was due to launch the NRL season on Wednesday night, was stood down on Monday by his club, whose officials blamed a ''number of issues in his personal life'' and breaches of the code of conduct.Fairfax Media has been told that gambling, alcohol and spending, linked to the breakdown of a long-term relationship, have led to the measure. Barba was also involved in a physical altercation last week with teammate Tim Browne during a training session,, lashing out at the forward during a physical scrimmage.''Ben Barba is ill. He needs some help,'' Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said on Monday. ''I don't know when he will come back to playing footy - it could be six weeks, it could be six months. But he has a lot of work to do before he can get the opportunity to play football again.''AdvertisementOfficials are fully prepared to sideline Barba for the entire season should he not show significant signs of a recovery. Greenberg has enlisted professional help for Barba, while conceding that the prospect of terminating his contract had been considered before being dismissed.''We got on the front foot with him to make sure we got him some help now before this came to something that would be more drastic,'' he said. ''Simply put, he needs help. He has asked us for that help and we will provide it. He has acknowledged he has some problems and he wants help to deal with it.''There are a multitude of issues in the reasoning behind us stepping him down. Ben has lost his way and we need to help him find his way back. I have no doubt he can do that but he needs to take personal accountability to do that.''But Greenberg added later: ''This is not a police matter. This a matter the club is dealing with under the club's code of conduct he has breached the club's code of conduct and for that is paying a very heavy price.''Barba's former partner Ainslie Currie said in a statement to Channel Nine: ''Ben and I are going through a difficult time at the moment. I just hope people respect Ben's privacy and my own.''Barba was last year's Dally M medallist and helped the Bulldogs into a grand final. The club had been aware of behavioural problems for some time. But few could have predicted the dramatic events of Monday.''Don't think for one minute this is [anything] other than drastic action,'' Greenberg said. ''We have just suspended the Dally M player of the year and the pin-up boy for the game for 2013. He will not be playing when we open the season and we're disappointed about that. But we have to put his welfare first. He will be having significant expertise applied to him - expertise way beyond my level of power. It will be a long and detailed process.''The professionals tell me the most important and difficult step is to first acknowledge you need help and then to actually ask for it. Yesterday, he did those two things.''We will help him, we will support him but, ultimately, he has to take ownership of his own life.''In a statement, Barba said he was seeking help for ''personal issues that I face day-to-day today is a very difficult day for me as I feel I've let my family, children, club and supporters down''.NRL chief executive Dave Smith said that he fully supported the Bulldogs' actionRead more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/fallen-hero-may-miss-rest-of-season-20130225-2f21q.html#ixzz2LuNCRbw9 
daniel3

daniel3

Sure is Crav. The Indians are quite obious in trying to persuade the umpires. Some of their appeals are beyond a joke. Not a fan of Dhoni personally. Think he is a nastyfarker. 
Gee007

Gee007

Mitch Brown is a solid dude, but is he really explosive?I think we really need a real speed machine at the back - I am thinking Low. The good thing is MAssey didnt do too bad for the raiders at teh back when he played as well, lik ea half decent lachlan coote..at least we have some options, but def not premiership material with barba 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

I reckon keating would make a good full back, only problem we are short on halves 
stargatetaryq447

stargatetaryq447

Sad Very Sad........ I figured that it would be the season as there are other issues and that's where I am going to stop and wish Ben all the best and hope to see him back well and roaring to go.... 
rjawad1

rjawad1

Im hearing its of the party variety. But who the fekk knows the real truth 
Anathema

Anathema

Is McDougal still at the club? 
jl0077

jl0077

Brown right centre with Inu at one is the way I would go. 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

No mcdougall retired last year 
TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Barba call correct says Hasler25/2/2013 9:26 PMAdam Luciushttp://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/barba-call-correct-says-hasler-223513Canterbury coach Des Hasler has fully endorsed the club's decision to suspend Ben Barba, declaring it the only option left open to an increasingly worried Bulldogs hierarchy.Hasler is a win-at-all-costs coach but also places player welfare high on his list of priorities.He felt Barba's problems had escalated to such an extent that the club simply had to step in.Breaking his silence on a story that has rocked rugby league 10 days out from the season kick-off, Hasler told Sportal the correct decision had been made."We needed to do this as a club. It was about more than just football," he said on Monday night."I back the decision all the way. This is the way we had to go on this one."We now move on and look forward to the start of the competition."That's all we can control from here."Hasler was reluctant to go into detail about Barba's problems, which centre on alcohol, gambling and the break-up of his relationship with the mother of his two young children.The Bulldogs coach also refused to speculate about a return date for the Dally M winner, hinting Barba's dramas may run a lot deeper than most people realise.Hasler is no stranger to controversy involving gifted fullbacks.When at Manly, he famously defied a request from the NRL to stand Brett Stewart down from the start of the 2009 premiership after the number one was facing sexual assault allegations.Hasler entered into a fierce argument with then NRL boss David Gallop, telling him Stewart would start Manly's first match.Gallop responded by banning Stewart for four matches and fining the Sea Eagles, triggering a rift with Hasler and the Stewart brothers that was never healed.Insiders suggest Hasler was the prime mover behind the decision to suspend Barba, the coach fearing the ****'s problems had the potential to terminate Canterbury's premiership campaign before it began.The Dogs boss must now come up with a replacement for Barba, with Krisnan Inu, Sam Perrett and Steve Turner the main contenders. 
chisdog

chisdog

Bird flies home with back painThe fast bowler Jackson Bird will fly home from Australia's tour of India to have precautionary scans on his back. Bird played in the first of Australia's two warm-up matches in Chennai and took 0 for 10 from 10 overs against the Indian Board President's XI but was not selected for the first Test. Although he will leave India in the next 24 hours Bird might return to the squad if the scans are clear. "Jackson has reported some low level back pain and we feel the best course of action to determine the issue is to send him back to Australia for scans," the Australian team doctor Peter Brukner said. "If the scans come back clear then he will return to India to take up his place with the squad." If Bird is ruled out of the tour Australia will need to decide whether to send another fast bowler to join the squad. It is likely that Bird would have been the fifth bowler in line for a Test call-up on this trip given that the other fast man in the squad, Mitchell Johnson, has had success in India in the past.http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/606383.htmlFair dinkum, not another one! 
Gee007

Gee007

Makes sense mate, Inu can definitely bring the unpredictable.I reckon you could be right on that one as well 
stealthy_81

stealthy_81

some very strong words regarding barbas problems.I mean we all have break ups, loss of jobs, money problems but the language being used makes it sound things are a lot lot worse.And this particular line bugs me "break-up of his relationship with the mother of his two young children."Isnt it easier to say his former wife, partner. The way its worded comes across as sinister. 
jl0077

jl0077

Ummm can they not scan him in India?Why send back to oz then send him back to India if he's sweet?Frequent flyer points??? 
jl0077

jl0077

There's a lot if sh1t flying around best left alone I say and just wish everyone involved the best. 
chisdog

chisdog

If they do a cat scan in India, they actually use a cat & for a lab report - a labrador is brought in. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181