The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Dan Ginnane @DanGinnane: Geez just heard what Wally said on ch9 Bris. If he's right then Barba's in all sorts, if he's wrong he can get ready to open the cheque book 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

4 F**ks sake people, get a grip. We were all Bulldog supporters before Ben Barba come along and we will all be Bulldog supporters after he's gone. I love watching him play and no-one gets me out my seat as easily as he does when he has the ball.But the guy has issues and the club is doing everything in it's means to rectify those issues. By rectifying those issues, he will come back a better person and, more than likely, a better player. I think of Michael Clarke, who on reaching stardom with the Aussie cricket team, dropped the childhood sweetheart for a bimbo, Lara Bingle (Wes may disagree)and form and attitude suffered. He finally got his act into gear and look where he is now?Hopefully, the same happens with Barba. 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

however i must add , emotional stress is the worst and most damaging kind, matters of the heart can destroy you, i been to that dark place, he needs understanding now, not advice so much,and time to come out the other end.Took me a year once 
balzan1

balzan1

Is "cultural " a code word for racism .Come on mate ! Culturals make up more than 20% of NRL players . Proportionally fighting above their weight in population numbers . Unfair comment . 
HKGDog

HKGDog

They are a great side at home, but useless away from it. Dhoni is a brilliant player, the worlds highest paid player, but, personally the fact that he sees this test series as a warm for his IPL commitments p*sses me off. 
prsd1

prsd1

lol ... Turvey of course. what would a white 57 year old have in common with a 23 year old aborigine? He needs someone who can understand what a young black man in the prime of his youth faces from day to day 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

oh please mate, it was a harmless coment from experience not racist for god sake, 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

agree, please explain that to Balzan 
TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Yes exactly somebody fetch Anthony Mundine please... 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

I knew what you meant, and agree with what you said. As someone who has employed indigenous people, they do need to be treated differently. 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

Thanks mate 
annav3

annav3

enter ewen mcgraddy 
MRDog

MRDog

LOL 
balzan1

balzan1

OK no worries but you shouldn't have even gone there . 
stealthy_81

stealthy_81

can someone link what Wally twitted that's got everyone in a twist? 
jl0077

jl0077

I think he is preparing his cheque book 
chisdog

chisdog

don't get me wrong, I don't like Phil Hughes, BUT this time he was unlucky. 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

The ball was a shocker. It spat and jumped and he was out. However, the shot in the 1st innings was very ordinary.As I said, we'll see how he goes by the end of the series, and if he does well I'll be the 1st to praise him. 
clem2

clem2

I just finished reading all the Posts since the Press Conference and I cant believe some of what I have read.May I suggest that we all sit back and just let Benny and His Manager and the Club sort out all that is happening to him in His private life, the thing Benny needs most of all is support from all His Family and Friends, the Club and most importent us Supporters.I noticed someone said Turvey was not a good choice to give him advice becuase He is a White Older Person well all I will say is that Turvey is the best person to sit him down and have a good talk to him as Turvey understands the issues involved and Benny looks upto Him also, I dont care if Benny is Black and Turvey is White, you allways get the best person to do the job no matter what colour his or her skin is. 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

In the interests of not being misunderstood or mis interrupted, i agree, but as Campsie has just said and Moh eluded to as well , if you don't understand the culture , you may not be able to address the issues or connect.May i please withdraw, :) 
skoolz

skoolz

Looking for a distraction..... Great espn doco on espn 2 
prsd1

prsd1

Or Rod silva, he is still close with the club 
robbo69

robbo69

why has it now become a race issue ??. barba's supposed "issues" could be experienced by any young footy player black, brindle or white from any background. true some indigenous players struggle to settle into the "rat race" and routine required to be a professional footy player but doesn't appear to be the problem here. 
balzan1

balzan1

Exit Greg Inglis 
robbo69

robbo69

one thing it does highlight is the major discrepancy in class between lyon and ashwin. lyon is a pie chucker. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181