The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

BDPScarface

BDPScarface

MoH, are you suggesting Folkes is one of those dinosaurs? Because this is a major sore point for me. Is Folkes still assistant coach at the Dragons? Have SBW and Folkes paths crossed since. If not, I'll be paying close attention at the Roosters v. Dragons Anzac Day clash. If SBW can make it to Round 7 without being injured that is. 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

What a waste picking Hughes, he can't deal with the moving ball, spin is something again. Waste of a wicket. Brad Haddin is the 2nd best player of spin in Australia, behind Michael Clarke, but doesn't get a run due to the protectionist policy on Wade. If people think the Bulldogs have a large off-field contingent, they want to check out the Aussie cricket team. And as in all bureaucracies, everyone is there to look after their own job. 
GLTD

GLTD

Israel Folou been signed up yet?.. Make a good full-back :P 
chisdog

chisdog

would have been nice to get some lbw decisions like the Indians got today, yesterday. The Indians pressure the umpires like no others 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

maybe but u cnat say barba does not ppl to the games, kid included 
Balabila

Balabila

If their is something i noticed with Hasler when he was at Manly, when he had a host of injuries, his team would come out and play very strong and win. That is a great ability of his, to motivate, especially depleted teams. Unlike Moore, who basically told his teams that because they were down on troops, they didnt have to win. 
chisdog

chisdog

nobody knows how long. Everybody is just plucking numbers out of their ****. 
chisdog

chisdog

A bit harsh on Hughes on THIS occasion. The ball jumped up & he couldn't get out of the way. 
MRDog

MRDog

We'll be right - I'll be very surprised if Hasler doesn't have the team focused and ready to rumble regardless of the BB situation.It may actually turn out for the best as the team will have to pull together even more to get the win. 
skoolz

skoolz

For me the fact he's " suspended " instead of " stood down" tells me there is a lot more to this storyGotta admit, I think I've heard every rumour under the sun today ...... 
cravoula

cravoula

They're a f*cken embarrassment the way they appeal. 
exile1981

exile1981

Well, nothing more from Wally Lewis regarding his rumour this morning. What a dickhead. 
balzan1

balzan1

Whatever is wrong with Ben Barba and whatever he has done or not done , it is now magnified beyond belief .Maybe sometimes it is worth circling the wagons ( thanks arwon ) old school style , get the little prick in a headlock and get some hard heads at the club to sort him out . Get him back with his missus and kids . Tell the media nothing , weather the storm . Don't set the lad adrift which really is what is happening here .We are very politically correct at the Bulldogs in these more enlightened times but this time i would have liked to see more of the siege mentality we are famous for as a club .You know deny everything , the media are bunch of idiots .... we'll look after our own .That sort of thing . Keep the boy within the castle walls .If the situation has degenerated to the point where that is not an option then we can wonder where his teammates , coaching staff and adminstration of the Bulldogs have gone missing in looking after our most valuable asset . Easily our most valuable asset . They are culpable too .Slick media performances are well and good . Well done for that . 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

We'll see how he goes in the remaining matches, shall we? If he goes well, I'll be the 1st to eat humble pie and wish him well.Still can't fathom Haddin's omission. 
jl0077

jl0077

Dhoni would dead set appeal a boundary, excessive appealing at it's worst and umpires are just coping it sweet. 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

From NRL.COMBarba's off-field woes take their tollhttp://www.nrl.com/barbas-off-field-...4/default.aspxIt wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back, but it was the final indicator that Ben Barba's head space wasn't prepared for an NRL season.Taking part in his one and only trial match for the Bulldogs in Goulburn last Saturday night, Barba told one of the team's trainers he wanted to come off because he wasn't really interested in playing.It was a poignant moment.For all his off-field issues, the rugby league field had always been a place of solace for Barba, a chance for him to escape the troubles of his private life.Never was this more evident that with his stunning hat-trick in the All Stars match earlier this month, a performance which many believed was a portent to an imminent State of Origin call-up for Queensland.That dream now appears in tatters, with Barba to seek help for a multitude of behavioural issues stemming from the breakdown in his relationship with Ainslie Currie, the mother of his two children.He was in tears on Sunday as he met with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and chief executive Todd Greenberg, who had been aware of Barba's troubles for some time."It became quite serious to me over this weekend," Greenberg said."We've been talking to him a lot ... over the last 24-48 hours it became significant enough for me to take the action."(It was) not so much an incident, just a manifestation of a lot of issues that have been in his life over a period of time."This is not one issue - this is a range of different issues that stem from the breakdown in a family and a personal relationship."The Bulldogs have invested many hours in dealing with Barba's emotional shortcomings over the years.A junior star, Barba once stunned Bulldogs officials during an under-20s match when he was so upset with a decision he walked off the field midway through a competition game.There have been any number of rumours of incidents with teammates, the latest being an allegation by the Nine Network of an altercation with fellow squad member Tim Browne at training last week.Greenberg said Barba wanted none of the attention his 2012 heroics delivered, but whether he liked it or not, he was now one of the NRL's poster boys.Greenberg denied any of Barba's actions had warranted the attention of police, and related to breaches of club policy.Rather, this had all the hallmarks of a pre-emptive strike."Some (breaches) are small, some are things that you do day to day in the club's operations and others you take a dimmer view of," Greenberg said."Certainly over the last week or so I've seen some signs that worry me and we need to make sure we got on the front foot with him to ensure we got him some help now before this came to something that was more drastic."We talked a lot yesterday about good decision making."Young footballers get to points of their careers where they make poor decisions - Ben's made a number of poor decisions in recent times and he needs to start making good decisions to get back on the football field."That's been explained to him in no uncertain terms." 
NathanB

NathanB

No Kasiano to start the season, and no Barba and Graham for a large chunk of the start. I'll happily take 6-7th spot at the halfway point of the season. If Barba can then come back, and come back happy, then we'll be looking good in the second half. But at this stage, that "if" appears to be a very big one. 
TracesofNuts1

TracesofNuts1

Hmmmm... He could be leaving the Dogs as per the no dickheads policy? It's up to him it seems. 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

Exactly. No one knows the issue or how long so stop posting sh1t. I swear some here are just as bad as weidler. 
Balabila

Balabila

WTF"Barba told one of the team's trainers he wanted to come off because he wasn't really interested in playing" 
TracesofNuts1

TracesofNuts1

Yep... That's a worry. 
matthew.travis

matthew.travis

where is that quoted? 
annav3

annav3

Junior Representative Round 3 UpdateMonday 25 February 2013 9:15 AMJunior Representative Round 3 UpdateThe Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup (Under 16) and SG Ball Cup (Under 18) squads both had solid wins Round 3 of the Junior Representative competitions.The Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup side travelled to a wet and windy St Marys Sporting complex to take on the SWSAS Academy side and prevailed 26-18, after leading 16-6 at half time.For coach Wayne Barnett, the win was his sides third and has his side sitting equal first on the competition ladder but knows there is much improvement in his side.Best for the Bulldogs Harold Matts team were captain Jayden Okunbor, Thomas Harvey and Alvin Maungatti.The Bulldogs SG Ball side travelled west to Perth to take on the West Coast Pirates and came away with an emphatic 46-12 win.The win was a definite step in the right direction for the boys after the poor performance the week before and leaves Brad Henderson’s side with two wins and in the top eight.Best for the Bulldogs SG Ball side were Hakaraia Toi Toi, Avia Minute and Tuuta LangiHarold Matthews CupBulldogs 26 defeated SWSAS 18Tries: Jayden Okunbor, Adam Keighran, George Francis, Alvin Maungatti and John-Paul NakadGoals: Justin Aboumelhem (2) and Adam Keighran (1)SG Ball CupBulldogs 46 defeated West Coast Pirates 12Tries: Marcelo Montoya (2), Brad Keighran (2), Kyle Krisanski-Kennedy, Liam O’Brien, Brendan Cox and Renouf To’omagaGoals: Brendan Cox (7) 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

lol, yep, it's cultural, Larry Corowa us't to up and go walk about in the middle of the season ---- brilliant talents but seriously fragile personalities, 
BankstownBulldog

BankstownBulldog

I wonder if dessy is happy with greenberg with standing down barba ? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168