The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

andrew.h

andrew.h

I think that our club will be more attractive to players in future given the way this issue has been handledI reckon there are alot of clubs who would have put their interests first and made him play. I could categorically say that the roosters would have been one of themGood luck to Ben in his recovery. And well done again to Todd G and the club. 
Rox

Rox

I think the club has intervened at crisis point for Benny, far better to intercede now than have a potential major incident during the season. As Todd G said we are taking him out of the spotlight unfortunately that has put the media spotlight right on him and those collective penile warts have telescopic sights. 
Rox

Rox

Happy Birthday Helen. 
Campsie_Ian

Campsie_Ian

Gallop was News Ltd's lawyer during the Super League fiasco. News Ltd owned, until last year, half the game. News Ltd's journos in Sydney and Brisbane provide the majority of rugby league reporting. News Ltd owns the Storm and are trying to flog it. A premiership would increase the value.Anywhere else all else, all this would constitute conflict of interest. 
IanC

IanC

House of the Rising Sun - The Raf Benitez versionThere is a Scouse at Stamford Bridgehe weighs a couple of tonAnd he’s been the ruin of many a good teamAnd Chelsea are just oneHis mother was a tailorShe made poor Rafa’s JeansShe used the lounge room curtainsYet he still had bulging seamsNow the only thing that Roman needsIs to win with Barca’s styleAnd the only time that he'll be satisfiedIs when we play with guileSo Rafa tell the playersto forget their golden runnow here comes years of miseryuntil the fat waiter’s race is runWell, one hand on my cell phoneJose’s number I must dialplease return to Stamford Bridgeand make the blues fans smileYes theres still a Scouse at Stamford Bridgebut the end is drawing nearMourinhos coming home againto kick the Spaniards rear! 
graemescottsmith

graemescottsmith

Happy Birthday - another Piscean I see. 
Gee007

Gee007

it would be totally the main story in any major league anywhere in the world.Its an outrage really. Especially with the way a league game can easily be manipulated by subtle refereeing to give one side an advantage over another.CAmpsie, if we seriously break it down, its out of this world, the conflicts of interest.Especially the roosters and the channel 9 links i..e last year no sponsor, they get steggles at the last second and then hey presto, 5 straight weeks on TV for the team coming last the year before and who have no fans 
annav3

annav3

We've already wound them in from $3.75 to $3 to miss the eight, he is that important to them."Sportsbet's Ben Hawes, however, said the Bulldogs still had a team capable of threatening for the premiership."Look, it's a massive, massive blow to lose the reigning Dally M player of the year," he said."But we haven't written them off just yet."A number of betting agencies began winding out Canterbury's premiership odds amid speculation Barba would miss several games or more while he seeks help to overcome a number of personal off-field issues.The news had an immediate impact on Canterbury's round one clash with the Cowboys who firmed from $2.60 into $2.15 on the back of news Barba would not play.Barba also drifted from $10 to $13 in the leading tryscorer market and from $11 to $15 in Dally M betting with Sportingbet Australia 
annav3

annav3

with Ben Barba unavailable for an unknown time, which player will be the leading try scorer for the bulldogs? 
Big.O

Big.O

Did you know Anna that after Saturday nights Foundation Cup match between the Roosters and Tigers that the media were not allowed in the sheds to talk to the players? That's what I heard over the weekend. It may well only be a trial match but compare that to what happened with us on GF day and what happens with other teams. 
stealthy_81

stealthy_81

Going back to the subject of boobs again...Yesterday I made a passing comment during the Oscars that apparently all the women there have bared their assets atleast once on camera.Little did I know that that subject was actually the opening song of the oscars which I missed.Notice how the actresses became embarrassed and offended when their boobs were pointed out. Its a crude song but perfect in bringing out hollywoods hypocrisy I thought.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWLKP8j0zk(just to get the heat off barba) 
Rox

Rox

We are now out to 8.50 to win the comp. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

"Play a forward oriented game"I really dont know how much more we can ask of our forwards last year...They ran the ball up, they played link men to make up for inexperienced halves, they tackled well in defence, played lots of minutes....I dont think there is anything more we can ask of them, then "more of the same please".We are shot ducks without Barba and our ability to score points.Our only hope is that guys Morris, Inu, Lafai etc play out of their skins and convert half breaks into tries.It will mean, Reynolds, KK and T-Rex will need to provide the half chance, so that the above guys can finish off.In my mind Turner is the safe and stable option to replace Barba at f/back but we wont win a premiership. Perhaps Turner for the first 6 rounds and then Drury Low. 
Gee007

Gee007

who the f comes up with this stuff? lolPoor Rafa, he doesnt realise, Chelsea has a team to play to win, not to play not to lose....Its the same reason why, Man U wins every farking season. Pedal to the Medal, impose themselves onm th sh!tty teams and win the game.AS Jorge Valdano said - the play at Anfield was **** on a stick! greatest quote ever...Tell ya id love to see a top class attacking coach take over NEwcastle with their current squad.PS for anyone interested in Johnathon Wilson and longer football articles etc, you should really, really check out The Blizzard. Its a wonderful publication. One article i read recently was Walter Smith scouting for Graeme Souness back in 1990 - on REd Star Belgrade....the great REd Star TEam of 1990-91 - his summary when asked was: - "we're ****"..... lol 
Rox

Rox

Benny can't win the competition on his own though his absence makes our spine look very brittle, we need a halfback more than anything. 
Jazz

Jazz

The situation with Ben Barba reflects his immaturity and limited emotional intelligence. I do however have sympathy for him and consider it a very positive move from the club to help him through his recovery......but it should be noted that he's only going through issues many of us go through in life. In a nutshell: Got your heart broke pal....welcome to the real world! Clearly, he has a chance to mature and grow emotionally. I will judge him on how he responds to this set back. 
Gee007

Gee007

i have a feeling Rooney might be right, in that it will probably be lafai or Brown in the centrs with Inu at ****I would go with Low. DEsler said he was pretty good in the trial and apparently he is a speed machine.We need that speed as Hitman pointed out for the way we attack.Hasler's system needs it to - Stewart, Barba they made those team tick.I havent really seen Drury Low play, but if he has that explosive speed like Stewart and can take a bomb, he should get picked 
Helenp1

Helenp1

Thanks guys for your lovely Birthday wishes. Much appreciated. What idiot watches the movie Flight the day before flying? Yep me. At the Gold Coast. All planes delayed due to bad weather. Help! Lol 
annav3

annav3

LOL have a scotch or two Helen you will be fine after that :) 
andrewmark.mail

andrewmark.mail

...Happy Birthday Helen!!!...hope you have a wonderful day!!! 
farena

farena

IMO either Browne or Low to take Barba place in round oneMitch Brown has good hands & safe under the high ball, why weaken a brilliant combo of Inu/Perrett ??? 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

LOL, happy 21st Helen you young jet stter,---:) 
ARWONDOG

ARWONDOG

mate she run 8th in the Nazcar, was she driving a holden??? it didn't say?? 
OldDog

OldDog

Twice in memory a player important to our team announced they weren't going to play just before the season started. First in 1984 and then (I think) 2001...name the players 
thehitman123

thehitman123

With Tony Williams, we have a player who can break the line by his sheer power. Last season, we had skill in the forwards with our short passing game but the only forward to break the line consistently was Frank Pritchard (who really playing more of a link role). Unfortunately, Williams is not an 80 minute player. He is best played in spurts.I still think Morris at full back would work. He can't pass anyway from right to left so we may as well use him in space from the back where he can lurk up the centre. That frees up Lafai to come back into the team who is a genuine left centre. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168