The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20675 comments
steveswr

steveswr

Marki, it would be a great scenario....4th beat Manly...get a week off...then have Stanley & Browne back....and have to play a team that had the living hell belted out them by the Rorters (who will lose against the Rabbitos in week 1) but just managed to win due Warrea-Hragreaves getting sent off for a spear tackle on the referee...well maybe that is a bit extreme. That team in the process lose 3 players and the Dogs make it to the GF against all odds. 
Axe1

Axe1

To finish 4th we would need the Broncs to beat Melbourne in Melbourne 
Axe1

Axe1

Also Manly to beat the Cows up in Nth QLD. Cows have been sublime in North Qld this year. Anything can happen, but I doubt it will. 
steveswr

steveswr

Are yes ...highly unlikely but who knows..... 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

More importantly.....Warriors need to beat Penrith by 30 and WE must beat Titans by 30....

Knowing us, all the other teams will play their part, yet WE with everything to play for, will find ourselves down by 12 against the Titans and we will be revising our hopes on just winning by a field goal....we seem to be good at that! 
Axe1

Axe1

I have no doubt if anyone else apart from MAYBE Bellamy/Bennett was coaching our side, we would be in the bottom 3 of the comp. Our spine is arguably the slowest, unimaginative and uncreative in all of rugby league. Even the Raiders spine is more threatening than ours. Its just that they have a truly rubbish coach.
The only way we can win games is via 16-10 , 18-12 type score lines. This is very very difficult to maintain over the year as they are very physically gruesome and take a toll.
That is why we got rolled by teams like the Tigers, we thought we could play touch football with them and we got trounced.
Teams like Roosters, Souths and Manly can be down a little bit, but because they have a lot of talent in there side, they are good enough to overcome this lack of talent. We have to be on our game every week just to compete.
Unless we get creativity, we wont be threatening the top sides (I would love to be wrong).
Why did we get rid of Inu? He is the only one in the team that has X factor. We never utilised him properly. He is tremendous in the air but we never kicked bombs to him...

OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Steve, I think you have me wrong. I love this page , best of all the name calling the insults and the commraderie all add to the spice of this page. It is entertaining reading and would hate for this to change. I too can give as good as I cop and sometimes give a little moral support for all the cockeyed thought processes that come up in here. What a boring site it would be if we all agreed on one another. Now on the subject of someone in here saying we have an outdated structure. The Dogs have a good blend, granted our spine does lack firepower but it's not the team that is wrong, it's the NRL trying to form the game into something that it's not. If they want a game that contains blistering pace for the full 80 minutes maybe they should start a touch footy comp and leave the real rugby league to those that know how the game works! 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

The game against Souffs. I think Des got it right. We play hard in the first half get some points on the opposition and force them into a grind. We really had that going nicely but I believe that the men in pink forced the game to alter by giving an unfair advantage to them. They only won due to a try off a forward pass that altered the outcome. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

old dog fan, both souths tries were dodgy,the forward pass & kearys pass off the ground that was very close to forward as well! des was right-very,very poor! Russell was sighted delivering money in brown paper bags into the referees rooms. refs-are very,very rich! don't we hate em! 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

I really have a problem with this years final series. I believe that any team in the top eight could win it but it depends on certain factors being processed. The so called X factor will not come from the players themselves. In reality the referees are there to enforce the rules so that no one team gets an unfair advantage, the problem is that they are interpreting the rules to suit the governing body not the game itself. The winning side could possibly be the one that gets the decisions that suit their style of play. I hope that I am wrong and it's just a case of paranoia on my part because I would hate to see the GF tarnished by a poor refereeing decision. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

old dog fan,honestly mate,every referee has differing interpretations of even the most basic of rules.souths were offside on the opening 3 tackles of every set & have been getting the refs.each week that suit them so they can get away with it! if you watch a lot of the games as I do,certain refs.in those games get both sides back a large 10! this is why hasler & toovey blow-up for,absolutely no consistency whatsoever! any result is possible,makes you wonder mate! 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

seaeagles, let me clarify.
Some refs get teams back 10m on the dot and sustain that separation as long as the defensive team doesn't move before the ball clears the ruck.

Others, take a team back 11 or 12m because they see those teams encroaching before the ball is played let alone cleared the ruck.

My pet hate in rugby league as when teams defending against us, rush up on us as soon as Ennis stands up with the ball. They are either encroaching illegally (offside) or we are extremely slow out of dummy half.

I don't care which technique the refs use. The rules state they shouldn't encroach until the ball is played. They should police it accordingly.

PS, by calling "out" in a scrum, the refs take ownership of the ball clearing the scrum. Sometimes teams try to keep the ball at the legs of the lock or 2nd rowers to try to lure a breakage penalty, but the refs overzealously call out and then cant penalise the team who is in the face of the first receiver. They should change the ruling and STFU and let the halfback of the opposition call his teammates to break. That way, the lock can take the ball forward and create an overlap. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

marki,that was 1 example,how about guys laying in the ruck area deliberately trying to slow the play the ball down,the guy playing the ball,cant play it,should be a penalty instead they put the scrum down. I know the players are always trying the ref,watmough & hayne drive me crazy holding onto guys in the play the ball to get the penalty,i know they are doing it,watmough does it,also loses the ball on purpose to try to buy the penalty! I know we see it every week,wouldnt you think the refs.would wake up to them more often than they do! look,it probably drives us all mad,but harrigan was a smart? ref. he was awake up to allot of gamesmanship in the ruck area,i just feel that a bit of common-sense at times would go a long way.watmough has lost manly games over the years,with this stupid stuff! 
seaeagles

seaeagles

on your previous post marki I was particularly interested on your paragraph 4-the rule states they shouldn't encroach until the ball is played! all any of us want is some form of consistency & the coaches would also have to look for other excuses why their sides lose ! 
hounddog

hounddog

I agree the refs are a problem, but we can't do much about it ....... you can see there is a battle in the media with coaches / clubs trying to get the upper hand by steering the refs in the direction they wan them to go.
Des does his best, but the Dogs don't have the media clout of teams like Souths, Roosters and Bronco's.
I think we have a problem in that the refs have probably labeled Ennis a whinger and will not always take notice of what he says. So the best approach for us is for Des to try to make the relevant points in the media before the game ..... all this stuff is nothing new ... it would be good if the refs were consistent and not easily influenced but that is not the case.
Ennis could also chance his approach ... if he was more diplomatic .... he may get better results .... but I can't see that happening.
The best way for the Dogs to control the outcome of games is to improve our play .. .if we make fewer mistakes and take more advantage of our opportunities then the refs may not cost us.
As for our chances this year .. stranger things have happened ..... if it does happen it will probably happen in a way we can not currently predict. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@hd I agree with what you say and Ennis has to improve on his diplomatic prowess if we are to engage the referees attention. We are obvious a level behind other teams at present in our push for a GF appearance but I don't think we are significantly behind. Should we win this week we are guaranteed a spot to continue in this finals series and this is a starting point. How far we progress however is entirely up to the roster we have at our disposal. Go Dogs! 
PJGB

PJGB

Us beating a team by 30 points these days is all but an impossibility. Even more impossible than a Sharks team travelling and winning. And it looks like they are winning as I write this! We should be content with hoping they can hang on, leaving us with week-one-home-final destiny in our own hands. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

@hd,your right mate,those big 3 definitely do have media clout they definitely do appear to get preferential treatment at times.the sea eagles as you know had a running battle going for years with bill harrigan.bozo had tooves take him on all the time which to me was stupid because even when the ref is wrong hes right! you will never win! 
GLTD

GLTD

The grey areas in league remain to the detriment of the game, a team can coincidentally have all the 50/50s go against them and that's enough advantage in a game like league(arm wrestle) ..
In AFL it's harder to have such a handle on the ebb and flow by officials. People say leagues a game of inches, I disagree it's a game of seconds..
To allow a team to jump 2seconds early in defence and hold the other team back two seconds doesn't look like much on the TV but it's a massive advantage and was the difference in the 2012 GF..
The games over refereed and it's no coincidence we have two out there helping/conjuring results that suit agendas or betting agencies .. The refs are employed by the NRL to do a job and sometimes it's obvious and other times it's not.
Ben Barba was a thorn in the side of the NRL .. He could change momentum singlehandedly.. It's no surprise he was lured away from us..
Cast your mind back, we would often score not one, not two but three tries in a space of a ten min period and totally deflate opositions .. The game would be close and all of a sudden they be 18 points down.. They couldn't control that kind of player .. Hence he's parked safely away at Brisbane. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Wow Holdsworth 
seaeagles

seaeagles

graham,just look at the game at brookie yesterday,penrith 4-0 penalties flow,then manly a heap,penrith again,then manly again, with the current upsets? or are they, results going on can you imagine what we could be in for in the semi final series? 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Surely we can flash 600k and get Holdsworth for a season or two...... 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Do you guys also cry foul when your Lotto numbers fail to come up?
Seriously, not everything is corrupt. Just some things.. 
Slinky

Slinky

I never look at my Lotto numbers. I usually wait to hear on the news if a big prize it still unclaimed and then wait for the location.

It happened one time during a $50 million powerball game. No one claimed the prize and the location was in the area mentioned in the news was where I played. For 2 days I was torn between handing in my ticket or waiting to see until someone claimed it.
Unfortunately on the 4th night someone claimed it. He is probably on his yacht now somewhere in Monaco.

No bulldogs no worries just a boat full of bikini clad wannabe girlfriends. 
GLTD

GLTD

That's where your wrong Mark.. Unfortunately most areas of business are corrupt .. Sports just another way of entertaining the masses while fleecing us at the same time .. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

So does the Cows almost getting knocked off at home by a team that had nothing to look forward to except how to display the timber kitchen utensil, mean that they are also cannon fodder candidates over the next month. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181