The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20439 comments
bigtony

bigtony

1269 am sport & talk yesterday afternoon ,graham huges was saying around 5 10 pm the biggest rumor he heard over the weekend was that brett stwert has signed but he also said if manly only can grant him a release 
Bushman

Bushman

@ GLTDYou are 110% right about that, it is the disease which is rampant amongst some players at our club. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Stewart won't be granted a release only bulldogs release players 
CBbulldog

CBbulldog

Brad ...

You might want to watch a whole lot more football before you make silly statements.
Do you think Jose Mourinho failure not to win the EPL last year was due to tactics or not having the players at his disposal ?
The only game i've seen Rodgers outcoached was at anfield against chelseas last year.
Liverpool lost this morning had nothing to do with his tactics but more down to individual errors and when considering new acquisitions and coming off a world cup year it's understandable to see a result like this against man city who were absolutely clinical in front of goal.
Last year liverpool started off in similar fashion grabbing a fortunate win to start the season and then getting outclassed by arsenal and now man city respectively but as the season wore on and players gelled and got match fit the performances and results came.

hounddog

hounddog

On Thursdays game, I was pleased to see Des resting Ennis and Graham in the 2nd half against the Tigers. It shows the mindset that priority was given to preparing for the big game against Souths.

In terms of our form the game against the Eels is a better guide than the game against the Tigers.
We want to win, we need to win and hopefully we are good enough to win.

IMO the 5 day turn around for Souths cancels out the fact that our side is weakened by injury.
Winning probably comes down to winning the forwards battle and then defending well against the Souths backline and kicking game.

There is no doubt that Souths have a definite edge in class/speed/form in the backs.
But big games are won in the forwards, we can win, but we need to perform 100% and probably get at least 50/50 out of the refs. 
bradsm

bradsm

CB bulldogs. Why does Rodgers keep playing Glen Johnson? I am hoping Super Mario will be able to help out but I suspect losing Suarez might cost Liverpool big time. 
CBbulldog

CBbulldog

On Johnson, you got me. He's one player on borrowed time. He has regressed at an alarming rate. When flanagan fit hopefully he'll be the option

seaeagles

seaeagles

it will be very interesting in the final 2 rounds to see how all the cards will fall,a lot of clubs,if not all are carrying injuries & are busted.24 rounds is a lot of football,even with 2 byes all the wrestling tactics that go on is anyone surprised with so many pec injuries & the like! got to put up with it but I hate it! joey johns is always speaking out to get rid of the wrestle & go back to normal tackling style. the nrl build statues for immortals but choose not to listen to them when they speak publically about improving our game for the better,interesting! I think mick ennis will be missed a bit next season.he is not everyones cup of tea maybe,but personally I admire his passion & will to win very similar to joshy Reynolds in this regard.i love players with that attitude because they don't shy away from the hard stuff & that builds a strong playing culture of which Canterbury have been envied & respected for over the years.des rebuilt a lot of that back into manly after nthn.eagles debacle! t-rex could well be a key over the next moth also,can des get him fired up every week,or will he stay lazy & not be involved enough. dessie keeps his cards close to his chest as you know but with injuries that the club has he will be relying on him to continue really stepping up.to be honest,when he left manly it didn't worry me 1 bit.i found him a liability with his mistake-rate & overall laziness in general play as compared to the other forwards who are constantly flogging their hearts out each week.if des can produce some miracle with him it would be good to see! 
hounddog

hounddog

@seaeages Ennis will definitely be missed in defense,more than some people realise, but Des is continuing to build / evolve the team .... I think replacing Ennis now is the right move.
In terms of injuries etc, the Cowboy and Roosters are travelling well at the moment and close to full strength. But this can change quickly ... I still haven't given up hope we can do something.
On T-Rex I am surprised he backed up a very good effort against the Eels with a fairly poor showing against the Tigers. But he seems to play well when the team is playing well.
We need as player like T-Rex firing to be any chance against the better sides, on his day he can be the most damaging player in the comp .... we just need him to have a few of those days at the business end of the season. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

hounddog,on mick ennis did tuy think he had 2 more good seasons left in him? e.g maybe bulldogs loss cronullas gain? that's if they field a coach or team next season,i don't know how their players have been able to function at all the last 18 months? a mystery to me! I did get the 3rd leg of my conspiracy file in this week with melb/storms win over Penrith! I might quit while I am ahead,it takes a while to work some of this stuff out, 
hounddog

hounddog

@seaeagles I think it is a win/win/win all round Ennis has 2 seasons left in him especially with a change of scene. I think he will go OK at the Sharks and will probably help the rebuild there.
For the Dogs it is more about trying to build the team up to go to the next level. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

HD, I think the statement about big games being won in the forwards hold true only if the teams are evenly matched.

When you have such a disparity between the quality of backs and halves, it doesn't matter much if our forwards win their battle....we could lose the game in the backs!! 
hounddog

hounddog

@Marki agreed ... we have to win the forwards battle and defend well in the backs.
We don't necessarily need to match the attacking ability of their backs. 
Hartley

Hartley

@Bradsm Lovren is an aggressive defender, but to be that way you need to have players around you that work in sync with this. Considering that he played 1 preseason game, had only trained with Moreno for a week, I can understand why there were issues. He really should've reeled his agression in though, knowing full well that the rest of the team weren't on the same page as him yet. Was this bad tactics by BR? I wouldn't think so as the goals that came from it were individual errors, Lovren / Moreno with the 1st, entire backline with the 2nd, Mingolet & partly Lovren for the 3rd. Any backline needs time to gel, I personally would love to see Sahko in there pushing Lovren to RCB but we'll see. Was it bad tactics by BR that had LFC looking the better side for most of the 1st half?

Why play Johnson? Look, you're having Moreno debut on the left who had never played in England and barely speaks the language. Who would you have put on the right. Flano? Injured. Manquillo? The guy who's played 6 competitive games in the last year? The guy who's only been at LFC for two weeks and speaks less English that Moreno. And against the champions? C'mon mate, it's about playing the odds and putting 3 entirely new faces in that backline would've been a massive risk and I understand why he didn't.

Even though I'm obviously disappointed with the result because some glaringly weaknesses were shown up, I don't get all this doom & gloom. For the 1st half we were largely in control and had the better chances. I thought defensively we were solid, apart from the goal, and attacking we just missed a little spark. Moreno, Markovič, Sterling were very good imo. Moreno was thrown to the wolves by Lovren for large parts.

I never get supporters throwing in the towel so early in the season. Man U have been copping a lot but they'll come back, as will Arsenal and Liverpool too. It's too early to really judge form but the one thing I'll say is that 1st & 2nd seem to be largely between City & Chelsea. That opening game Chelsea with their attacking approach really surprised me.

And leave out the Southampton remarks mate. Jesus, I remember Gerrard's 1st game and he had a nightmare, you need to give new players time. Sahko was the same and he came on lightyears 
steveswr

steveswr

Why is it that I keep reading comments about the Sharks' ASADA thing from a swimmer called Melanie Schlanger...two things who cares what she thinks...second thank god I am not a "Schlanger" 
bradsm

bradsm

@Hartley - Johnson has been a liability for a while now. I would have stuck with the young spanish bloke Manquillo. We have to hope Mario can slot straight in and start finding the back of the net. We need to beat Spurs. Moreno is in doubt I see which is a pity. Also I think they need to find more out of Courtinho. He is being marked very closely though. 
Nancy

Nancy

@Hartley, welcome back I have missed all your boring Liverpool talk:)) 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Oh no.....the never ending Liverpool vs ManU vs Chelsea vs Arsenal talk....(yawn)
where is DarrenB with his "Cmon you Spurs" chants.....?

at least it was quick and to the point.

go QPR!!!
(Cant be any worse than ManU!!) 
Balso

Balso

Marki you don't hesitate posting about Hawthorn when many on here can't abide AFL ( I am not one of them ) but yet you yawn and complain when EPL talk occurs . Football talk was a huge part of the old BDP and nice to see it still going on . 
Balso

Balso

Although Man City were sublime at times Liverpool made plenty of chances they just looked a bit off in front of goal . Just a bit rusty laddie . They will be fine and Balotelli will be great for replacing some of the X factor not all but some . Good signing for me . 
Balso

Balso

With the upside down results from last weekend and possibly more to come , this game against Souths tomorrow is MASSIVE . 
Slinky

Slinky

For some reason my heart tells me we will lose. But strangely my mind says we will flog soufs. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Dogs by 1 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

I hope the boys will at try and give Mick Ennis a send off he deserves. His last year as Captain of the mighty Dogs... a GF win would be nice.. especially since the Sharks will be entrenched in the Cellar for eons to come..... 
GLTD

GLTD

26 to 12 .. Souths won't have it easy but we will never be in the hunt.. 
annav3

annav3

Canterbury could be set for a showdown with the NRL as the Bulldogs request compensation for the near $300,000 they will lose because of back-to-back Thursday night games.

The NRL already offers clubs who host games on a Monday night $40,000 because of its lower attendance levels, and Canterbury are seeking a similar deal.

While the matches have been a ratings success for the Nine Network, crowds have kept their distance from the grounds. The Bulldogs have been the unlucky to be the only club to host consecutive Thursday night games against traditionally big-drawing opponents. They attracted just 9877 people to their game against Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium last Thursday, while about 25,000 people are expected to be at the venue when they host South Sydney on Thursday night.

More than 43,000 people turned up when Canterbury and South Sydney last met at 4pm on Good Friday while more than 20,000 people watched the Tigers beat Canterbury six rounds ago on a Sunday afternoon. Less than 15,000 people watched South Sydney beat Brisbane when Thursday night football returned in round 23. Of the three highest rated premiership matches this year, two have been on Thursday nights.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canterbury-bulldogs-at-loggerheads-with-nrl-over-thursday-night-compensation-20140827-1094ex.html#ixzz3BatROAfy

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181