The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20537 comments
hounddog

hounddog

@Zef I agree we didn't score enough points, and we do need better options for winger and fullback.

But Thompson is a reasonable winger in the El Masri mode, he is a bit small but can finish and try and get the ball out of the in goal. If we have big strong wingers who are good under the high ball then I would prefer to pick them. With the current squad Thompson is one of the better options. As I mentioned earlier Thompson will probably make a pretty good fullback if we eventually play him there.

IMO there issues were creativity in the halves and dummy half and a lack on impact off the bench.
If the inside players create chances our current back 3 can finish them.

I am hoping we have a more attacking mindset against the Titans and the team looks to get in the groove of playing more attacking footy.
We tend to just mindlessly complete sets in the 2nd half and don't throw enough at the opposition. One problem is lack of talent, the other is lack of intent.

Anyway I am hoping the signings we may for 2015 will address these problems for next year.

This year I would be happy for the team to give 100% each game and show a bit more intent.

Bushman

Bushman

@ Zef our main problem is not our wingers and fb, sure they are not the best in the comp.
OUR BPROBLEMS ARE:
(1) Poor kicking game, Sezer will give us hell next week just wait and see.
(2) Our dummy half although a great captain and defender, has the worst running game in the NRL For a no. 9. (Penrith are only half the team without Segeyaro and the rabbits without Kuke).
(3) Our No7 is also the not a runner of the ball and hence cannot take on the line. When we signed him I thought he would make up for his poor running game with organisation and passing skills, (he has not delivered well enough in those 2 areas to make up for his poor running game).
WE can only hope that Lichaa can fix one of those problems.

OUR COACHING STAFF NEED TO WORK OVER TIME, WITH HOGKO, REYNOLDS @ MBYE DURING THE OFF SEASON, OR FIND AND DEVELOPE SOMEONE WHO CAN FIX OUR TEAMS SHORT COMMINGS.

OldDogFan

OldDogFan

I just finished watching the replay. For 70 minutes of that contest we were in it up to our necks and then came two very crucial and unforgivable errors. I think we all agree that Hodkos brain snap of the kick out on the full caused the initial breakdown of our grind but the clanger had to be "WTF was Browne doing leaving Tuquiri unmarked" that was the major downfall of the game and he should be given a bloody smack across the back of his head for his stupidity. Having said that I really believe the Chooks will give them a towelling next week and plant severe doubts in their minds as to their aspirations of winning the competition. The referees WERE diabolical throughout the game for two very blatant inconsistancies and they were that the play the ball rucks were atrocious and they managed to spot our forward passes but conveniently missed the Souffs forward passes...... Nuff said 
Zef.

Zef.

Halves and dummy half are an issue, Mick is rock solid but as predictable as tomorrow coming. I'm willing to give Hodgko and Reynolds and Mbye some benefit of the doubt, Hodgko especially as he does have a beautiful pass and I'd like to see how he'd go with putting it on somebody's chest 2-3 wide that he actually thought would progress the ball - no use sending wide to Thompson and Brown me thinks and I bet so does Hodgko.

Thompson, honestly - if we had even two rep considerable options in the back 3 (and I'm only talking City/Country here, SOO or INT is probably a pipe dream), but if there were 2 others say a FB and one winger of penetration class, then the other winger would be Perret.

Thompson's QLD Cup standard mate, honest and tough but there's not a single opposition player who has restless nights about facing up to Thompson tomorrow. If he's first pick back 3 next year then the other two better be Izzy Falou and Jarrod Hayne.

That's what he'd be good for, so we could afford the other two. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

It is interesting to watch our game. It is very true that we are not capable of scoring lots of points because if we were the Dogs would be unstoppable. We can arm wrestle with the best of them and if we score more points we could force any team into that situation but we can't seem to maintain an advantage to force the opposition into that situation. Hopefully our purchases for next year can create the desired effect. 
hounddog

hounddog

One thing that is particularly wrong with out team last night was the failure to give Lafai and Morris any early ball in the 2nd half last night.
It was good to see Morris back to something like full fitness.
They are dangerous players and given early ball one-on-one they are going to beat their man most times, if not they are going to case the defensive line to react and that is going to create opportunities elsewhere.
I would need to watch closely to see what is wrong with our attack in the 2nd half but we are definitely better in attack in the first half.
The main factors seem to be .... we don't score enough points when we are dominant .... particularly in the 1st half.
When we are in the set-for-set grind ... we don't threaten much and don't look like scoring tries .... particularly in the 2nd half.
More impact off the bench in the 2nd half is one thing that I think will help.
Next year I think we may not have an 80 minute dummy half, but 2 players sharing the role.
I don't want to bag Ennis, but I think him playing 80 minutes in part of our problem, it looks to me like he get tired and goes into auto-pilot in the 2nd half? 
steveswr

steveswr

Would anyone have yesterday's Telegraph? Would appreciate if you could tell me the start on the Dogs' game as shown near the teams list. Thank you in anticipation. 
Bushman

Bushman

On Sterlo, Ben Ikin said that he thinks the Hoff will looking for another club for next year. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

the bulldogs had the high-ground pretty much until the last 7 mins & those 2 crucial mistakes,hodko kicking the ball into the stands & the centre with mitch brown being dragged into the middle of the field for some reason? unforgiveable given the stage of the match! they must have got lost! james graham,tolman,jackson all played their hearts out as did mick ennis,he really was at his niggling best,god love him! he is a great tactician in that regard as we know & it worked really well for 73 mins.he certainly put luke,adam Reynolds & a lot of the forwards off their game as they were bussled for the majority of the game.the blatant forward-pass allowed with ref & touchie in line with it! if you didn't know better you might think Russell might have delivered a timely brown paper bag down to the referees rooms earlier.very unlucky I feel to say the least.i must say there is a recurring problem in the halves,but hodko is a crack goalkicker,can des find a spot for him somewhere else! stats don't lie also souths 54% possession,bulldogs 46%,just ran out of legs at the finish! 
Balso

Balso

Ennis had a great game didn't he ? . He got under Souths skin and Reynolds in particular . Credit to Reynolds though he won Souths the game in the last twenty minutes in complete contrast to what Hodkinson was able to serve up . 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Loyd Perrett on the market
We have salary cap issues!!
Really wtf why 
GLTD

GLTD

@bulldogsette .. Because we still abide by one .. We are the guidedogs 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Did anyone take notice of the commentary team in those final 10 minutes? No conspiracy theories here but after Tuqiri scored that try and it was 18 - 14 I distinctly heard Stirling say "a penalty goal would take it out to 20 points and nek minnit they got a penalty. Just after that he said a field goal will clinch it and right on cue, you guessed it. Very scripted and very suspect. Just probably my mind working overtime being so cheesed off with the result I guess!!! 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@bulldogsette and Storm, Roosters and Souffs can field such talent and not be.... One wonders. 
hounddog

hounddog

If there was a simple solution to all our problems, Des would have done it already.
I recon we all react to a loss and some of the post afterwards are just letting off steam only Des and the team have the full picture.
We threw a lot at Souths but they were too good in the end, Des think the refs had an influence on the game, I'm not sure ... but what would I know.
As for betting conspiracies, the channel 9 team may have a punt and may simple barrack for the team they backed...................
On Lloyd Perrett .... I hope he stays but it is probably just robust contract negotiations ......
Us .... Lloyd how does 60K sound? ..... Lloyd's manger ... The Roosters are offering 10 million
Us ..... how does 61K sound? 
Slinky

Slinky

Remember when we used to score those long range tries when Barba was around... 
GLTD

GLTD

@slinky .. Back when peptides where all the rage .. Good times 
Slinky

Slinky

Peptides naturally occur in Milk. Maybe we should get the team sniffing milky bars. 
Balso

Balso

Can I be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong about the possible benefits of having our halves involved in Origin so prominently . It fekking fried them . Reynolds has been a powder keg of possibilities mostly resulting in him not playing . Hodko has gone from being the Iceman to the Ice bucket challenge man . 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Just finished watching the Bronco-Dragon clash, (yeah I know... just curious) and once again the referees although they did not look good from afar as expected they were far from good. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

I watched about 10 mins tonight. The match seemed like it had the potential of being close & interesting enough...but...it was that incident/ref blunder after the broncos bomb that put me off watching any more. The saints player was well in front of his goal line when he jumped high to catch it. He was collected still in the air (probably a metre above the ground) & then carried way back over the try line several steps before the broncos player put him down for the first contact with the ground since jumping. That was surely a penalty to saints, not the ball back to the broncos from a dropout, which they of course scored from. After that the score-line was wrong, momentum was wrong & any interest in watching any more was gone (for me at least). 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

@bloodynora the ball had bounced so the tackle in the air rule does not come into play. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

balso,mate I bet you will really miss mick ennis,he played his guts out & has always worn his heart on his sleeve,just what you want from a good leader.with the no/punch rule the players are made to look totally emasculated by the modern rules,i hate it.at least mick always has made it an interesting game for us all,instead of this stupid push & shove.handbags at 30 paces,isnt it demeaning to see? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

It didn't look like it bounced to me, but if it did, thanks for pointing it out. The saints guys seemed to react badly too. I couldn't hear it well at the time, we've got the local show a couple of blocks away & it was right in the middle of the fireworks going bang everywhere. 
Slinky

Slinky

Who will be our next glorious leader?

I'm hoping Graham. Rarely injured and will eat the referees first then ask questions later.

Reynolds is too young for the position and doesn't need the extra baggage.

Pritchard plays once a year and not long term. I could see him leave in the next two years.

PJGB

PJGB

Two words, Balso.

Mitchell. Pearce. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181