The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 19441 comments
bradsm

bradsm

1 thing that really annoys me is the Josh Morris situation. Why did someone pass him fit to play in a dead rubber means nothing state of origin when he obviously wasn't right and now he hasn't played for the club that pays his bills for 4 more weeks. It is not like we have an abundance of quality outside backs to replace him with. I am puzzled that we can turn up with the required intensity and attitude to beat Manly and Melbourne and play like garbage against weaker teams in Tigers and Cowboys. It is a topsy turvey comp and if we had of turned up with the right attitude the last 2 weeks we could have put a lot of breathing space between us and other teams. Now 1 more loss and we could be out of the 8. 
bradsm

bradsm

It is a surprise from a Des Hasler coached side that we don't appear to turn up with the right mindset each game. He certainly didn't have that problem at Manly. I have no doubt that if in particular our forward pack brings its A game to any game we can beat anyone but the inconsistency is a worry 
bradsm

bradsm

Ian - are you happy Chelsea are bring Drogba home? Probably 1 of the best strikers you guys have ever had. Does he have much left in the tank? 
IanC

IanC

Brad if he uses him for 15 minutes here and there off the bench he will be a great acquisition. He will need to be chosen for certain games - mainky at home - and FA Cup games. Arsenal must be shitting themselves LOL 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

I realise our roster is geared towards a forward dominated gameplan, but I am surprised people believe there are 2 sides to this team!!!
Guys there are no 2 sides.
What you see is what you get.
Personally, I don't like our roster. It's not balanced and I don't believe it can bring success. Dew seems to think he can adopt a similar playing style at Manly, but we have no DCE, we have no B Stewart, we have no Lyons.
Our forwards can match it with most teams but we play a very risky game trying to JUST beat teams in nail-biter games that we are always at the mercy of ref decisions, minor injuries, opportunistic play etc.
Put simply, we don't put teams to the sword meaning we constantly invite them to beat us.
There is no conspiracy. It's our flawed gameplan. 
Slinky

Slinky

We've never had a team that puts other teams to the sword since 1992 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

2002 maybe? 
Slinky

Slinky

That was the stardome team that had the sword put through the club. 
steveswr

steveswr

Let us analyse this:
*we are totally schite
*we will be lucky to finish 10th
*everyone forgot that we beat both Melbourne & Manly within the last month
*the coach is also schite and the only thing he cares about is not losing count of his money...the king was in the counting house counting all his money...the queen was in the parlour eating bread & honey...presumably our beloved CEO
*The last two weeks weren't an aberration but rather how we play on any given day.
*We haven't got a back who can get within cooee of the worst Manly player who is still ten times more dangerous than our best
*We have no tactics...not now or never. The fact that we were quick out of the line and shut things down quickly when we beat both manly & Melbourne was probably imagination.
*we have absolutely no hope of winning the comp because we are totally schite
*woopss...apologies I have already said that...it it just others keep saying it with monotonous regularity that it is catching.
*there must be some other reason I've missed to put crap on our poor hapless lot and the coach who cares more about his hair than the team??? 
Bushman

Bushman

Having watched the replay I do not agree with those who say that the boys did not turn up last night. In fact it appeared to me that they all had a real dig during at least some stage of the of the game, but we were not good enough.
Most teams have a form slump at some stage during the year, and I for one sincerely hope that is the reason for our last two losses, and not because we have gone backwards while the others have improved.
What worries me most is that unlike last year most of the boys have all dug in deep, yet we could only win most of our games by very close margins on the back of our defence.
It appears to me that other teams have now worked out how to tire out our forwards and hence make them less affective, and also how to get around our defence.
Most of us will agree that in the last two years we have had trouble scoring points, we were blaming our playmakers, then we find out that this year both our 6@7 make the SOO team and NSW win the series for the first time in 9 years and all of a sudden we start thinking that our playmakers have finally come good to solved our problem.
IMHO we still have one of the worse kicking games in the comp, most teams score at least 1 or 2 trys from bombs, while we are probably the worse in that department due to either poor kicks or the lack of a good chase. Speed, good offloads and backing up lead to more line breaks than anything else, we would be very close to the worst in all 3 of those departments. 
Slinky

Slinky

Well we need to manufacture outrage somehow... 
steveswr

steveswr

We have arguably the best offloader in the comp but one who has a tendency to overdo things. To be honest anyone who has not been impressed with both wins against Melbourne, our win against Manly, first round win against rorters both wins against warriors with Shaun Johnson...(how lucky were Manly he wasn't playing today) is fekked in the head. Now, because some of these weren't big margins they are verging on technical losses or so it would seem. The summary is thus. We have been great...we had a lull during Origin...we then scored two superb unlikely wins against two elite teams and the last two weeks we have been schite... What next week brings is anyone's guess 
hounddog

hounddog

I agree with steveswr here, after a loss a fans are over doing the negativity.
Immediately after a game the win/loss result has a big impact on how fans feel.
For mine the only question marks are how key players Morris in particular come back and improving our execution.

hounddog

hounddog

It has taken most of the year to play Kasiano back into form, but he is now going great and is a key player for our side. A fill strength side would add Reynolds, Morris, Stanley, Tolman, Klemmer and possibly Pritchard to the side that ran our yesterday.
So at full strength we should have a much bigger bench and better defense in the backs, depending on how players com back and if they can get fully fit and back in form for the semis.
We do need to improve our attack with more variety and better execution.
Constantly needing to change the team has meant we have not built combinations, but we do need more intent.
Most years the best defensive side wins the comp, but at present our attack needs improving.

steveswr

steveswr

HD I would put it that both out attack and defence has been crap the last two weeks but the two weeks prior both were fine. It really seems that a lot focus too much on the last two weeks and dismiss entirely what has gone before. I am not arguing that everything negative that has been said about the last two weeks isn't true just that it applies to those two weeks and not before. 
Custard

Custard

Williams place if any is on the wing. 
Nancy

Nancy

I haven't been on for 2or 3 days because I wanted to have a good weekend:)) All this why, why, why? They are just getting a better price, how hard is it to work that out?:)) 
Nancy

Nancy

I agree with what Brad said about 12 hours ago, Josh Morris had no right to be passed fit for game 3 of origin and was limping about after a whole 5 minutes. There are many things that have gone wrong but Morris only thinking about origin has hurt us big time. 
Nancy

Nancy

Meditation is a great stress reliever, the usual suspects on here should try it ....... come on everyone close your eyes and chant ........ ummmmm ...... ummmmm ........ ummmmm .... 
Zef.

Zef.

Ricciardo beats Vettell home AGAIN, oh and btw wins the whole thing.

This one's the most significant though. He was something like a second slower than the leaders in practice last thurs and then passed Hamilton and Alonso in the last 3 laps for the win.

There's real World Champion class in this one, might take a few years but I'd suggest less than most and when he gets the first he'll get a brace. 
Zef.

Zef.

A schoolboy team gets beaten 101-0 and makes headlines. That's nothing! I was part of the mighty Bass Hill U-17a's that got beaten by Bankstown Sports 110-1!

Before you say we must have been real hopeless we actually won the comp the previous year in the b's and got put up in the a's against semi-professional ring-in clubs like De La Sell (who actually stole a few of our players from the year before) and Bankstown Sports.

Sports were that full of ring-ins they had 17 yr old "boys" with beards down to their beer guts.

We knew we were gonna get smashed hence the 110-1 scoreline. Yes! we scored first! That was our only mission and we nailed it.

And we didn't get the spoon either, beat Moorebank home with two good wins over them... the only of the season, they had NONE. 
Slinky

Slinky

Did that scoreline scar you for life, did you need professional counselling and was it offered to you, did you get a certificate of participation so you didn't feel left out? 
hounddog

hounddog

@Zef .... I was part of a school boy hockey team that lost 12-1 after winning a few earlier games. They had 2 rep plays that were just too good for us. + their ground + their fans and their ref.
It did not help that we had a melt down in the sheds at half time between the attack and defense and swapped positions in the 2nd half. I was part of the defense and we scored our only goal in the 2nd half. The bloody attack was hopeless .... and they were even worse at defense :)

@Slinky was too worried about it mate .... but the headmaster stopped announcing our results at school assembly. 
Slinky

Slinky

I remember being scarred for life in primary school. I was the captain of our schools first ever volleyball team.
We lost to another school but I was the man of the match.
At the school assembly the principle was giving our team medals. I was last inline but they had run out of medals by the time they got to me. I was given a bag of jelly beans in front of the entire school. 
Zef.

Zef.

Scarred for life? Hardly. Like I said that was one hell of a cheaters comp. We only had two ring-ins and they were barely 18 if that.

Banky Sports, well they had Henry Tatana, Johnny Grieves and Steve Hage dressed up as kids so we thought we went allright 
Desler

Desler

We were doing ok before our halves went to origin. Our game plan changed after the Roosters game loss, perhaps Des thought that we would need to play entirely through our forwards to get results without our starting halves, and we did get some results. We get alot of cavalry back over the coming weeks so it will be interesting to see if Des reverts back to the direct game that gave our halves so much time and allowed them to kick well and create enough points. This team wont put teams to the sword but i think there's enough courage and skill in our strongest 17 that can take us deep into the semis, with a bit of luck of course... 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181