The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 19581 comments
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

GLTD you need to learn to give credit to teams like 2002, 2012 and Roosters in 2013. Roosters gave away more penalties than anyone but were good enough to win the title.
The real good teams know how to take the refs out of games.
It seems to me that this team has the potential to be devastating when they play like the old razzle dazzle Warriors teams of 10-12 years ago. It's not a sustainable form of play, but we need to be able to switch gears when our gameplan isn't working. It cost us a GF in 2012 and we still haven't learnt. 
GLTD

GLTD

I was giving credit to those teams Mark .. That was my point .. Those two teams I mentioned beat not only the opposition but the cheating NRL system .. Hence they booted us out with off field crap and waged a media offence on us in the 2012 GF 
GLTD

GLTD

There's always an upset on a Friday night .. I knew it was too much to ask for Manly to give it up .. We're the suckers again. 
GLTD

GLTD

Looks like the manly game was in the balance too .. Right up untill we folded and then Manly went on with it .. If we snuck ahead and won .. I'd bet my life Manly would've lost .. Coincidently 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

We only have ourselves to blame mate. I didn't think the refs got Lafai try wrong. Thompson obstruction try was touch and go but technically the man who could have prevented the try (Idris) was impeded. Didn't see the other one.
I just hope the team and Des pay significant attention to the last 10 mins where we had them backpedaling and managed to score easily. Our forward momentum from 2nd phase play meant we were standing deep by default and running into the ball. Big guys on the fringes were eating yards. TRex is at his devastating best in this scenario yet we rarely play to these strengths.
I don't think our halves are good enough I'm afraid. They may have played origin, hut let's face it....it was the Hayne/Farrah/Gallen show. Our guys were there as decoys. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

They didn't get lafais try wrong
R u serious that fagot should've awarded it and not gone upstairs a try for all money 
IanC

IanC

The NRL has some good teams and some not so good but they all have one thing in common; they tend to play to their strengths. Everyone that is except Canterbury; we play to our weaknesses and ignore our strengths. Tonight exemplified that more than any other game this season. Special mention to Hodkinson who had probably the worst game I have seen from a Canterbury half-back since the halcyon days of Daniel Holdsworth. Yes folks Origin has certainly done wonders for his game!! 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Ferk origin 
bradsm

bradsm

Refereeing in that first half was a disgrace. 2 of our no trys should have been trys. Second half we were out enthused by Penrith especially the forwards. Ours are trying to go sideways before going forward and then when we have the ball in the opposition redzone we are too flat no one is running from deep onto the ball. You'd think the Origin halves would be able to figure that 1 out. 
bradsm

bradsm

1 of the biggest problems the club has got is having that souless shithole as a home ground.If we get a home ground advantage out of playing there then I'm the Pope. Just about every fan I know hates the place and doesn't enjoy the game day experience of going there. 
Balso

Balso

Wow we have got shite so quickly . Few weeks ago we were the toughest team on the planet . 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

One of the most noticable factors in the last three weeks has been lack of possession. We have been getting starved of the ball, an area clearly controllable by the referees. Not accusing just saying.... It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out, lack of possion= lack of scoring opportunities and you cant win games unless you score morepoints than the oppostion, therefore I believe that a poor performance from the bloke with the whistle can easily determine the result of the game. Look at it how you like but its just an observation. 
Balso

Balso

@OldDogFan . You are going to blame the refs for that performance ? 
Balso

Balso

Hey DES Hasler hello mate can you get it together because Geoff Toovey is coaching the arse off you and has done all year . 
Nancy

Nancy

The biggest cheat in football, Clark, ripped us off once again. If ever someone should have a contract put out on him it is that cheating scum, year after year he keeps getting away with it. Checchin was appalling a couple a weeks ago in a NSW Cup game at Belmore and lo and behold he was appalling last night, what a surprise.

Home ground advantage pffft. As Brad said, it is woeful at ANZ. There is more atmosphere with 100 people at Belmore than 10 or 20k at ANZ. I know we can't play at Belmore but not having a real home ground hurts big time.

Even with all the terrible decisions if they had hung onto the ball they would have won. The halves were very disappointing. There is no comparison with the Manly halves sorry to say. The whole team has to play straighter and forget about all the sideways crap. Feel sorry for Stanley, if Mbye didn't pass too early he would not have got injured. Its unbelievable how injury prone he is.

All is not lost though, Morris and Tolman will improve the side greatly. I predict we will not lose again this year:)) 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@Balso Cant blame the refs there but to have three tries disallowed (two that were possibly legit) does take the wind out of your sails. (Vid refs are just as rubbish as the whistle blowers) :) 
Mlad

Mlad

Cheer up guys famous Bulldog supporter Paul Keating just said it is the form slump we had to have. 
bradsm

bradsm

Anyone hear if Dessy blew up about the first half refereeing especially the videa ref decisions? 
robbo69

robbo69

Can't understand how we were favourites last night shown nothing for the past two weeks and delivered the same against the panthers. It has been obvious for a number of years our gameplay relies solely on making few errors and our forwards playing at their top. When our forwards are off there is no plan b to stay in games as our backs are of the solid not lose games calibre rather than having the ability to win a game with a moment of class, with the exception of a fully fit Morris.

How come clubs like Penrith,tiges, manly, broncs, roosters and others can unearth a continuous supply of classy and exciting outside backs that can step up and win games without relying on their forwards to dominate yet we continue to persist with plodders ?

Too many soft tries and dumb options with the ball, can't blame the refs for the amount of errors. What is the ruling on losing the ball when placing it, is lack of separation still deemed a fair try ? For mine lafai definitely lost the ball but there was no separation.

Not hodkinsons fault we lost last night and he tries hard but we badly need a class halfback, been saying it for years will never win a premiership with him at half.

Slinky

Slinky

We produce superstars 1 year before they chuck a hissy fit and run off to another team a year later.

Funny thing is this is the way the way the dogs have been playing since 2005. No coach no new players seem to be able to achieve an overhaul of the type of dumb game we play. 
dan_o

dan_o

Fire up dragons and tigers otherwise we slip to 6th, probably deserve to be 6th though. Devastated is how I feel about that performance last night. Even though not feeling the best I dragged myself to that freezing cold soulless stadium to watch some douch bag in Scottish rig, a bunch of drummers and some other dancing imbecile ripping his shirt off. On the field it was just as embarrassing. Panthers had nothing yet we did everything possible to give them the ball. Kasiano offloads in ridiculous situations and is a turnstile. Hodko, dude you owe an apology to the fans the turned up to watch that rubbish and Des this one out has to stop. I had us winning 7-10 and finishing in top 4. To do that now we need to win 5 on the trot. The way we are playing atm we could lose all 5 and not make the finals. 
hounddog

hounddog

I agree with Nancy, Morris and Tolman will definitely improve the side.
We are only one good win away from turning it around ...... will it happen? ... I don't know.
Apart from about 65 minutes against Melbourne in Perth we have struggled to put it together in attack. We seem to be playing too much football or too little.
I think Des has mainly been working on fixing the defense recently and a lot of that is because Morris is missing.
We need Morris back ASAP and at 100%.
I was one who thought SOO would improve our halves, generally it does, but it can go the other way and that seems to have happened on the evidence so far.
I have no doubt SOO has derailed our season, can we get it back on track?
For mine we have to continue to play football at the opponents end, we don't have the kicking game to wear them down with repeat sets so we have to throw it around run hard and try to make it happen. The occasional dropped ball at that end is OK.
But coming out of our end we need to play more conservatively and try to complete sets.
The team needs more grit in defense, someone like Tolman or maybe Burr will help.

GLTD

GLTD

With inconsistent results the betting agencies make millions .. Inconsistent bulldogs seems to be the new norm 
bradsm

bradsm

GLTD - I don't usually subscribe to the Conspiracy theories but it did look an awful lot like last night somebody desperately wanted Penrith ahead at halftime with those disallowed trys. Doesn't excuse the poor ball control and terrible attacking options in the second half but it makes you wonder. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

I'm glad everyone has come to their senses about the Manly and Storm games -they were an aberration rather than an indication of form.
Valuable 4 points but now thrown out the door with 3 losses on the trot.
Des needs to introduce balance to this team. His team at Manly had good forwards but not to the point were halves and backs were neglected.
Our halves have the worst kicking game in the comp. IMO Soward is the most accurate kicker in the game along with JT, Cronk DCE. Guys like AReynolds, Brooks, Mullen, Sandow and Sezer are all better than our kickers.
There is not 1guy in our team that can get repeat sets from kicks inside the opp. 20. Not one.
The recruitment team at the club along with Des need to address this quick smart.
I don't want to be associated with a club that constantly blames refs for their poor performances. We are becoming exactly that. 
hounddog

hounddog

Marki that is our worst nightmare, you being proved right. :)
I agree our our kicking game .. I would actually prefer players like T-Rex to kick more often ... that is how bad things are.
It just seems to me none of our spine players are natural kickers. If we stop dropping the ball we may get more opportunities, but it seems for every good kick we do 1 poor kick and 2 kicks that are average at best.
I can't see a quick improvement in that area, so we are going to have to find a way to win with the cattle we have. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play St Pat's Gympie Monday week.
ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181