The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 21578 comments
hounddog

hounddog

I also thought it was a strip on Reynolds ...
But the team lost their way at that stage of the game .... similar to the game against the Titans.
Manly were stuffed and we should have executed better and put 30-40 on them in the first ..... it is hard to say if this we just get too relaxed or excited.
We were good enough to grind out a win at the back end, but it nearly went the way of the Titans game. If Lyon had converted the try we may have lost?

Mlad

Mlad

If Goulds Penny boys get knocked out next Saturday then brace yourselfs for one of thei most biased commentary ever heard in a Grand Final . 
steveswr

steveswr

I thought they erred when they started to play to the left when they should have played to the right...Jackson, Reynolds, Lafai, Perrett & Thompson...again I think T Rex threatened on the left but only half delivered. Manly had that side stacked so it was harder to get through. The liability of Cherry-Evans in defence was something the Dogs should have overlooked when they were so dynamic on the other side. 
hounddog

hounddog

Manly played well once they got some ball but the Panthers then Souths/Roosters will be tougher opposition.
That may help us as we will know we need to be focused for that whole 80 and I don't think it is likely we will race to a big score at the start .... but the way this finals series is going it is hard to predict anything.
I know Des is unlikely to do anything funky ..... but I hope he thinks about giving MBye are run on the bench.... Ennis could get a rest and Hodko could switch to a lock role once Ennis comes back on. We need someone who can play the James Graham role when the great man is off having a rare breather... Hodko could be the man.
We just need to find a way of scoring tries in the 2nd half, it may come naturally .. but we seem to get stuck in the groove at a times.
But similar to the Titans game the problem starts when we begin to waste attacking opportunities when we are on top.
I am sure Des is working on things, again I was happy with the effort and very happy the team has got this far.
I just hope we can improve our execution and intent or at least get it back to the level of the Melbourne game. 
hounddog

hounddog

I have too say I am totally mystified why we don't play to the right more.
Lafai is or most dangerous attacking player, and my impression was he did not see much ball after the first 20 minutes.
I could be seem to start with our right edge as being very dangerous and then it drops off or we stop using it?
At least there are things we can work on improving. 
bradsm

bradsm

I agree Lafai and Jackson inside him ripped Manly apart at will in the first 25 mins everytime they went that way. Then we bombed about 3 trys pushing passes to the left. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

a lot has happened since the bulldogs loss to the titans hasn't it ? big shifts & turnarounds,never knock hasler because he is the best coach in the current game.congrats to the bulldogs for tonights win! the 4 teams left in the comp all have size in their forwards,this wins big games,you guys know it & I certainly know it too.injuries helped kill manly this season,losing ballin & buhrer in round 25 was probably their death blow.however,when you have constant speculation about players wanting to leave,it must erode & eventually destroy some camaraderie within the playing group surely? I get sick of hearing it week in & week out so the players must have been over it 3 months back! if you had canterburys forwards & manlys backs you would have a premiership title in 2 weeks time.the bulldogs will be hard to toss next week,but better not drop their guard against the panthers as they have a very good pack also,soward playing great footy again as skipper,moylan combining well with whare & Mansour.kite has been playing great footy.if manly were smart they should have kept kite & George rose & pensioned Jason king off at least 2 seasons ago,he has been a crock with injuries since then.the centres on both sides were very quiet last night but I expect lafai to continue his great form next weekend.if Shayne hayne refs the roosters I think they can win against souths.nick politis is making hayne a very rich man indeed! the cowboys were the better team on fri/night but the roosters were never going to lose while he could give them timely,very timely penalties to get moloney in position to snap the match winning field goal! hayne robbed manly of any chance they had in last years decider & hes been doing it again for roosters this year.i think he will get the bulldogs/panthers semi though.if he doesn't ref. souths/roosters I think souths will win & then win the grand final the week after so big sam burgess can go back to England a big hero,rusty crowe gets a premiership after delivering alot of brown-paper bag money to the referees,the same as nick politis has been doing on behalf of trent robinson for the past 2 seasons. graham,are you out their mate? what is your end of season conspiracy scenario? I would be extremely interested to hear it ! 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

Sorry seaeagle but that's to hard to read. Stopped after the fourth row. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

mitch ,you know as well as I do big forwards win the big games mate,you & robbo were in the thick of it when you guys had your premiership winning teams! halves cant perform if the forwards aren't eating up their yards in the middle.is it any surprise that the 4 sides left in comp,including the bulldogs have the best 4 packs? what do you think mitch about players being silenced through fear of being fined by nrl,so they cant say what they really think ? why are referees not accountable for poor decisions ? players are certainly critised openly as are coaches as well.they say that they are worried about the integrity of the game being questioned? I say be more open & transparent so the fans can have trust in the guys who are in charge.what do you think mate! 
Axe1

Axe1

I have no doubt up 16-0, making break after break, after that easy win last week, we clocked off and almost got our pants pulled down.
Last night was the game I feared most mainly from an emotional/mental view. We will beat Penrith next week, I am convinced...We will also have the benefit of playing Souths or Roosters who would have just played in a very highly emotional and physical game.
I am just concerned as to why we cant score a 2nd half try. The only 2nd half try we have scored the last 3 weeks was off an intercept...Weird. 
Slinky

Slinky

James Graham shouting and yelling at the manly players after the referee gave us the penalty for the ball hitting him is absolutely hilarious.

They all stood there like sheep listening to a sheep dog barking at them. I think some wet their pants. 
Zef.

Zef.

Mitch Newton was in the middle of our premiership winning teams? 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Dale on footy show Now 
seaeagles

seaeagles

zef, I know he was mate,thats why I would like his opinion on a few things! 
seaeagles

seaeagles

i should have added also,the better bulldogs packs over the years as well,i respect these guys & would like to hear their opinions on how they reckon the game is overall run & what changes they feel could benefit the game! 
bradsm

bradsm

Mitch Netwon played a big role in the 95 team 
Bushman

Bushman

I'm glad to see that many Bulldog fans are aware of the fact that Gould is a hatefull twisted man continually promoting his anti Bulldogs agenda to the unsuspecting public.
Unfortunately he has managed to convince much of the public he is the ultimate authority on the game, hence many of the YOUNG AND THE SIMPLE hang on to every word he says, and I believe that as a result he has done more harm to our club in the last 20 years than anyone else.
(1) While he was at his peak he interviewed Mason some time later Mason became restless wanted to take up boxing play gridiron and later said that he had learned nothing from Folkes and wanted out.
(2) He interviewed SBW and not long after he was often injured or claiming to be, and the rest is history.
SO MUCH FOR FACTS; (now for my consperiency theory).
No doubt some rotter fans just want to stick it up to our club AMAP and what a better way to smash us in the 2014 GF with SBW staring.
If the stars align next weekend ch9 and all the rotter supporters will no doubt think that way for the GF. 
steveswr

steveswr

The Souths Rorters game could be like the Rabbitos big one...the pressure is intense for them to advance and I believe they will but like the Dogs in 2012 they may suffer from so much post match back slapping they won't realise the big job has not been done yet. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

So anyone know what side bulldogs fans will be given at anz ? 
bradsm

bradsm

No doubt the eastern side again. We never get the closer western side 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

It's confirmed!

The Bulldogs Army will return to ANZ Stadium for the Preliminary Final clash against the Penrith Panthers

Saturday night we will all unite as one to support our boys who are one win away from the big dance!

Join us in Aisle 111 to be a part of the greatest atmosphere in Rugby League.

Please remember to book in "The Kennel" section which is the Bulldogs supporter section.

Tickets are on sale from 10am tomorrow!

Let's all be ‪#‎unitedasone‬ and support our boys in the blue and white!

OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Was it me or did Manlys dummy half (Hodges) throw nothing but forward passes for about 95% of the time and thd other 5% was marginal at best and yet none, I repeat NONE were picked up. Manlys resurgence was due to a lot of generous decisions. Luckily we won very luckily I might add. 
steveswr

steveswr

The ref's Labrador picked it but alas couldn't communicate properly. Yet they seemingly found something wrong with the no try as even if the ball wasn't stripped it didn't go forward. Alas no such thing as a 50/50 call when the Dogs are playing...it was even up to Josh Morris to remind Cummings that it was a Dogs's feed after the ball had hit him...."mandatory" as they call it. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

ODF, I certainly thought a number of them were suspect but then again I also reckon Ennis sails close to the wind on most occasions too.

seaeagles

seaeagles

olddogfan,mate there is so many forward passes going on it is just a joke! once we hit the semis the refs totally ignore the 10 metre rule as well,it must be of no importance to them.toovey is correct,he said that the touchies are totally irrelivent,they don't tip ref on forward passes or offside play! must be there simply to observe & do nothing. 
Balso

Balso

That Josh Morris intervention @steveswr turned out to be quite decisive . 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181