The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 21323 comments
Nancy

Nancy

Hey BankstownBulldog I just remembered what you said .... Storm by 60 not 50 hahahahaha. Great statement after months of silence. What was the other great statement ..... oh yeah Des can't coach hahahahahaha. 
Slinky

Slinky

One good thing about yesterday's blitzkrieg is that Manly won't know what to expect next game.

We are such a hot and cold team that we are hard to coach against. We don't know which bulldogs team will turn up. 
steveswr

steveswr

GLTD I think you meant to use the word place" instead of "game". Every single solitary week this sorry arsed alternate agenda fool is in our ear with his No no nos....his incessant the video ref got it wrong...the video ref got it right...and the people at channel Nine are wondering why their ratings are down even for State of Origin. Do they really have to think too much? They forced the best commentator Andrew Voss out of the channel and brought in Ray Hadley who can't really cut it on tv where the audience can make their own judgement on the call, unlike radio. There should be universal acclaim for the Dogs not some posturing over an incorrectly disallowed try. 
steveswr

steveswr

make that a correctly disallowed try...and stick an obvious in there somewhere 
Hartley

Hartley

This page, seriously. Did my head in coming on here reading the dribble about SOO hangovers, or bad coaching or the lack of a quality fullback etc etc. We win one game and everyone's back on the bandwagon? Hahaha so much hypocracy on here. If we lose next weekend then the knives will be out again.

For what it's worth I think we can go on & win it, said it at the beginning of the year & throughout. It's all about the attitude and it seems as though we've turned it on. Next week is obviously HUGE because if we win it then I'm all in for the Grandfinal win. Think the momentum will take us all the way.

bulldogsette

bulldogsette

I can't get over Finch saying that Ennis needs to show Smith more respect cause he's the Aussie captain
OMG its a final ffs 
steveswr

steveswr

That is "hypocrisy" by the way...and don't brand the whole page by the idiotic remarks of some morons who don't even have the gumption to come on and say they were wrong. The season has been up and down. Our highs have been equal to any team in the comp, something many including myself have been quick to point out but the lamentable lows and the rut we appeared to have been in were serious cause for concern. Hell, we were beaten 19 nil in the second half by the Titans only last week. If there hadn't been the turmoil at the Sharks they would have been spoon candidates. Reserved optimism is fine and yesterday's game gave us cause to be entitled to feel it. The worry is something that seems to have been part of the Bulldogs' psyche for as long as I can remember; the ability to rise and win when we are not expected to do so contrasted with the unfortunate performances against teams we are expected to beat comfortably. On that basis I am just glad it isn't Newcastle we are playing next Saturday. 
Zef.

Zef.

Oh we did have a SOO hangover, and while Perret is an outstanding winger, I along with everyone else would like to see us have better options at fullback, I'd like to see us have three better options for the entire back three in fact.

And I'll go further and re-iterate that we played our worst football in 3 seasons for a complete month and then got even worse the last two weeks of the regular season. Comically tragically bad.

In fact the worst I've seen a Des Hasler coached team play for any extended period full stop.

But I still predict we'll make the GF despite all that and don't step back from it one bit.

I remember listening to The ABC back in '95 during our midish late season klutzathon where we got beat by The Lemons who were near last by plenty and Warren Ryan made the comment that The Lemons could all walk off the field and The Dogs still couldn't have scored a try - all that was true too.

And don't even get me started on '98.

This could be one of them seasons too.

Zef.

Zef.

Actually last week of the season I should've said, The Souths loss was a rare showing of grit in amongst a month plus of pudding. We went back to pudding the week after, worst pudding of the year. 
Zef.

Zef.

And I'll add Hartley, who's the one back on the bandwagon again? Don't remember you making too many positive comments during the last 8 weeks or so, don't remember none of them predictions you're talking about there meself. 
Hartley

Hartley

@Steveswr mate, the talk here for the last month has been pretty much about the games being rigged, SOO destroying us etc etc. It was like that. Was it everyone? No, but a large majority simple as that. So I'll come out and brand the whole page and those who disagree feel free to stand up and say it wasn't me. There's plenty of you. Nancy, Balso etc. Stop being so sensitive darling 
Bushman

Bushman

Dam the media they are all carrying on about the alleged sledging, just saw Bellamy interviewed and also said that their is to much sledging in the game, I guess in reference to Ennis. If he thinks that sledging has cost the Storm the game he has well and truly lost the plot. 
steveswr

steveswr

Haven't you heard of the silent majority....no body with half a brain gave a feck about the conspiracy theories....I do wish the Greens were similarly ignored....we deal in facts as the late Jack Webb said....nothing but the facts Duh de duh duh (think Dragnet theme). That is why we have to ask where are those chatty ones now?? 
bradsm

bradsm

@Hartley - what about Roy Hodgson still buggering Liverpool. Everytime Sturridge plays for him he gets injured. 
bradsm

bradsm

I think Steveswr was the only 1 who remained positive right through. 
steveswr

steveswr

Not really mate...starting with the drubbing by the Tigers and the following weeks even I was not dopey enough to be that positive but I think the point I made has been vindicated...our best performances all year were at least as good as the best from the other teams. You gotta love Greg Eastwood!!! 
Slinky

Slinky

My workplace is like a boring nursing home when it comes to talking weekend footy.

The only person who has an interest in the bogan lady who speaks in typical footballing cliches. I avoid her.

This is the one time I wish I had Parra and St George workmates 
Zef.

Zef.

Did everyone note who had the entire rooms rapt attention in between Des's talk and Mick's huddle at half-time yesterday? That's right, James F***ing Graham.

There's the Captain for season '15 and beyond, in fact I think he's already co-captain in all but name now.

And what a fit, apart from the fact he comes naturally to the position, doesn't have to be moulded or selected by the coach as he's already got the teams loyalty and respect and leads them naturally. and apart from that there's solidity in the captaincy for seasons to come, no missing games for City V Country, Origin or Australia. Just 100% attention on The Dogs.

Would that make James F***ing Graham the first Pom to lead The Dogs? 
steveswr

steveswr

Nein...Roger Pearman was captain/coach just before Kevin Ryan arrived at the Dogs....that is a legacy of days gone by the captain coach...also possibility one of these may have captained on the odd occasion but wouldn't bet on it Doug Laughton, Brian Lockwood, Mick Adams or Jonathan Davies...even though he is technically Welsh! I do agree that he would be an inspirational skipper. 
Slinky

Slinky

So let's analyse the game a little.
Wtf happened yesterday?

What did we do that we didn't do 8 weeks prior? 
dan_o

dan_o

Winning 
dan_o

dan_o

We ran straigh, with numbers and created chances for offloads, and took those chances. In defence we were brutal, Bellyache could tell in the opening 5mins we came out with more enthusisam and smashed them. Same again please this Sat. The leagues club yesterday was going off tap. 
Bushman

Bushman

@ Hartley some of us passionate supporters believe in saying it as we see it, and you have to agree that a fair number of games prior to yesterday were fairly disappointing to say the least. So we just let out our frustrations on the forum, because most of us know that our team can do better.
If you took notice of all the posts about the million dollar bets which corrupt and influence the game, then I feel sorry for you because you have as big a problem as those who thought up the BS. 
GLTD

GLTD

favourites last week and we lose ?.. underdogs and we win ??.. Mmm??..

Makes ya wonder who's radar Des like flying under...

Just thought I'd be consistant .. It's not only when we lose..

Anyway go the Dogs .. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Steve, I will admit I was completely wrong about the Storm game (and glad I was).
I didn't give us much hope although never completely discounted we could win.

What amazed me is that we performed for the full 80 minutes. Full 80 minutes. I don't think I have ever seen us do that. Not even the 66-4 thrashing of the Cows in '97 at Belmore, not even the Storm finals game in 2005 (Sherwin's masterclass)

I honestly didn't think we had it in us to put such a performance in.

We are all back on the bandwagon because of what we just did.
We hope we can continue the intensity. Either way, we have (to ourselves more than anyone) what we are capable of and can build from this.

Excellent work from the players. I think Des has wanted us to play at this level for ages now and just couldn't get our players up to it (its actually up to them). We finally played like a Des Hasler coached Manly team. Full throttle for the entire game.

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181