The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20281 comments
Nancy

Nancy

Raelene's answer to the high cost of food and drink at ANZ .... You're allowed to take a picnic basket, I love picnics! So when a child asks can I have some hot chips or a hotdog .... just say shut up and eat your sandwich haha. 
annav3

annav3

how about somebody asking if a car park can be built out the back of Belmore sports ground...some of the questions. I would love Hoffman at the Dogs. Good player 
Nancy

Nancy

A car pack for one game a year, although I thought they might have meant out the front of belmore, which makes so much more sense hehe. 
annav3

annav3

althought Belmore could do with a car park. It is getting very difficult to find parking these days around the shops. I am better off walking.. 
hounddog

hounddog

I am happy with the signings we have made so far we should have more creativity out of dummy half and a few bigger more athletic wingers.
As for Hoffman, he is a better option than Sam Perrett but probably not he total solution unless Des can teach him some ball playing skills.

So I do hope we are still looking to sign additional players in particular a utility that can play fullback and/or in the halves. This does not need to be a big name player, just someone with potential. The other alternative is Jaline Graham could step into that role.

I do have the overall sense that our team should be stronger next year and more of a genuine title chance.

Bushman

Bushman

Of those signings McInally is the only one whose playing record I'm not aware of, is anything known about him. As for next year we badly need to improve our kicking game big time if we are to compete with the best.
I am certain that all those hard fought games have taken their toll on our players, and I'm convinced that it has resulted in at least some of the injuries.
Those extra few meters gained from a good 5th tackle kick, or by forcing a few extra dropouts would result in our forwards having little more rest. Most of our injures this year have been to our forwards, with the size and power of the forwards, our team should have been more dominant. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Bushman if you Google "McInally NRL" he is a big strong winger who scored 7 tries in 3 games playing QLD cup. Those sort of stats can be misleading, but he is the type of player we should be targeting.
We are all agreed on the licking game ... hopefully it can improve for next year.
Short term I think Hodko should grubber for touch a bit more + Lafai & T-Rex should put in more kicks. The kicking game against Parra was an improvement on previous weeks, but Hodko put in a few poor kicks. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Spot on about the kicking.
Before KK replaced Hodko at halfback in 2012, Hodko kicks were atrocious. I think he got charged down 5 times in the one game that year. His downfield kicks were so delayed and so low trajectory that he was a charge down waiting to happen.

Since he came back to the side, Hodko's kicks were a vast improvement (earlier in the year), but both he and Reynolds have gone downhill since origin.

We need at least one of them to have an outstanding kicking game, or im afraid we have to consider dropping or moving one of them. You simply cannot carry 2 poor kickers as your 6 & 7. No other team has this predicament. Saints had it last year and look at where it got them (nearly the spoon!) 
DrewBou

DrewBou

I'm a big fan of Mbye, he's a natural kicker of the ball. Am I the only one that can see some massive potential in this kid? 
annav3

annav3

"Gardner, Williams, Best, Pomeroy, Wright, Kelly, Graham, Douglas, Morris, Snowden, Smith, Tupou, Gallen, Flanagan, Aiton, Cordoba, B Wright" all I can say is phew...we aren't involved 
hounddog

hounddog

@DrewBou I rate MBye but from what I had seen in the lower grades, I though he may have been more of a hooker, bench utility (14).
However, for a number of reasons I now think we should go with the following next year,
9 = Lichaa, 6 = Mbye, 14 = Reynolds.
Des may have other ideas but MBye seems to have improved in terms of his kicking game and general play making. So I am a bit surprised, even though I was a fan of MBye he seems to be going better a 6 than I expected. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Yep MBye looks the goods. Thought he did ok at centre as well earlier in the season. He looks like he has a football brain. Whether we persist with Hodko/Reynolds or throw MBye in there, I don't know but if he is the best kicker, I would definitely have him in the halves. 
Balso

Balso

Yes @annav3 good to see we are not a club that will go to any length disregarding the health of their players . 
annav3

annav3

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today confirm the signing of Cowboys outside back Curtis Rona, for the next two seasons, through until at least the end of 2016 
Bushman

Bushman

MBye has only played a few games for our club and on the first occasion walked of with a bad case of cramp, in another game he badly hurt his shoulder in scoring a try which was not allowed so we haven't seen much of him as yet.
However it was reported recently that at least a few clubs were after him,and also that he signed with us for $300,000 which must mean that Des sees something in him. Guess with Josh out the next few games will tell us a lot about him. 
Balso

Balso

M'Bye is not long from the Sunshine Coast so there are many variables in play . A great opportunity for him the next two weeks .

DrewBou

DrewBou

I think the kid can play, he's got a good head on young shoulders, showed some glimpses of what he can do against parra. We definitely need to keep him long term otherwise he might turn out to be another thurston and come back to haunt us. With experience he can be anything. Very composed player. He could be what we've been looking for. Time will tell 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Also, his defence is very good 
Balso

Balso

I am not one to follow lower grades but i often go to the Sunshine Coast and when he signed with the Dogs there was a lot of press up there about it . He has been a good player up there . 
hounddog

hounddog

With MBye I guess time will tell, but I see him as a define NRL player and I hope he stays at our club for a long time.
Overall his defense seems better than Reynolds, but I think Reynolds is also a good defender when fully fit. My guess is that issues in Reynolds defense in the last few years are more to do with shoulder injuries.
If Reynolds has some issues with his shoulder the perfect solution is for him to come off the bench for the remainder of the season. I see it as potentially a big positive, he could add some attacking spark and give the team a lift at a critical stage.
His defense seemd OK at the start of matches, so if there is an issue with the shoulder it probably gets progressively worse during the game and may not be such an issue in a short stint. 
Slinky

Slinky

I'm Mbored 
BulldogPaul

BulldogPaul

Good to hear the official signings for 2015 and the fact that we have quality depth and players fighting for positions in 2015 onwards.
I can confirm that Corey Thompson has agreed to terms for a further 2 years as well.
McInally is a gun winger whom like Thompson has carved up qld cup and will be a quality winger in nrl.
Curtis Rona, Chase Stanley, Sam Perrett, Jacob Loko, Corey Thompson, Jarrad McInally all fighting for 2 wing spots in 2015.

What is certain is :

1. Rockstar Fullback
3. Morris
4. Lafai

So Des has continued to build the squad. I am sure the forwards is complete, we have an abundance of second rowers and props especially with L Perrett to resign and Reni Maitua still in our squad in 2015

Rockstar Fullback is the final announcement before Feb 2015.

hounddog

hounddog

@Bulldogs Paul .... Good to hear, I am very positive about next year.
I still give us a chance this year. 
annav3

annav3

have heard good reports on McInally, it seems @bulldogpaul the future is bright at Bulldogs town. 
annav3

annav3

have heard good reports on McInally, it seems @bulldogpaul the future is bright at Bulldogs town. 
steveswr

steveswr

So...for the masses does McInally meet their expected wing criteria...6'7" tall, catches like Mark Waugh and can go 100M in 10 seconds. Rockstar fullback sound interesting... or will it be someone in the backing band?? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181