The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20554 comments
Slinky

Slinky

Peptides naturally occur in Milk. Maybe we should get the team sniffing milky bars. 
Balso

Balso

Can I be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong about the possible benefits of having our halves involved in Origin so prominently . It fekking fried them . Reynolds has been a powder keg of possibilities mostly resulting in him not playing . Hodko has gone from being the Iceman to the Ice bucket challenge man . 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Just finished watching the Bronco-Dragon clash, (yeah I know... just curious) and once again the referees although they did not look good from afar as expected they were far from good. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

I watched about 10 mins tonight. The match seemed like it had the potential of being close & interesting enough...but...it was that incident/ref blunder after the broncos bomb that put me off watching any more. The saints player was well in front of his goal line when he jumped high to catch it. He was collected still in the air (probably a metre above the ground) & then carried way back over the try line several steps before the broncos player put him down for the first contact with the ground since jumping. That was surely a penalty to saints, not the ball back to the broncos from a dropout, which they of course scored from. After that the score-line was wrong, momentum was wrong & any interest in watching any more was gone (for me at least). 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

@bloodynora the ball had bounced so the tackle in the air rule does not come into play. 
seaeagles

seaeagles

balso,mate I bet you will really miss mick ennis,he played his guts out & has always worn his heart on his sleeve,just what you want from a good leader.with the no/punch rule the players are made to look totally emasculated by the modern rules,i hate it.at least mick always has made it an interesting game for us all,instead of this stupid push & shove.handbags at 30 paces,isnt it demeaning to see? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

It didn't look like it bounced to me, but if it did, thanks for pointing it out. The saints guys seemed to react badly too. I couldn't hear it well at the time, we've got the local show a couple of blocks away & it was right in the middle of the fireworks going bang everywhere. 
Slinky

Slinky

Who will be our next glorious leader?

I'm hoping Graham. Rarely injured and will eat the referees first then ask questions later.

Reynolds is too young for the position and doesn't need the extra baggage.

Pritchard plays once a year and not long term. I could see him leave in the next two years.

PJGB

PJGB

Two words, Balso.

Mitchell. Pearce. 
annav3

annav3

I don't want our players exposed to the coaching of Daley Fittler and Barrett 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Reynolds was always going to make origin because of his tenacity. Hodko made it only because NSW were frustrated with the incumbents and past failures. Hodko will likely never play origin again.
QLD are not silly. They mistakenly allowed themselves to play to the crappy level NSW wanted to and played straight into their hand. Good tactics perhaps from Daley but poor from Meninga and Hagan.
If QLD approach SOO with the same mentality as game 3, NSW will need better halves. And that is why Daley is already thinking he might need to change them. 
Slinky

Slinky

Be embarrassing for the players. Single handedly Win the origin for the first time in 10 years and not be picked again. 
steveswr

steveswr

So Marki...you have spoken to Daley. Who knows what the fekk he is thinking. Who cares for that matter. Hodkinson has been extremely ordinary in the kicking game department and it really is somewhat of a mystery. His line kicks are generally quite lengthy, when he is goal kicking you would have to say there has never been a sweeter striker of the ball and his field goal record, often under extreme opposition pressure is in a class of its own but fifth tackle options have been generally poor. Though I will repeat what I said a couple of weeks ago ....to some...who I may add a "mentally challenged" in front of...."when we win it is in spite of him....when we lose it is because of him"... 
Bushman

Bushman

I think our club should stick with Hodko until we can develop a better No.7 from within our own Juniors ranks, trying to lure a genuine game breaking half from another club will prove even more elusive than our ongoing attempt to sign a top FB. DCE has put himself on the market and it looks like that his value will be over the $1m mark, only clubs who are not required to abide by the cap will be able to afford him, our club is not one of them.
SOO has done untold harm to our season, I am not aware of any other club that has suffered as much long term as a result of SOO, hopefully none of our players will ever get picked again.
For now Des and the coaching staff should concentrate on improving our 3 potential halves kicking game, it is important for any future success that one or two learn Sherwin's short kicking game.

steveswr

steveswr

BM...DCE is a great attacking player for sure but surprised none of the Hodko knockers mentioned how schite his defence is, a fact particularly obvious in last week's Manly v Parramatta game. 
hounddog

hounddog

SOO cost a top 4 finish.
But it has not at this stage cost a place in the semi's or a loss in week 1 of the semi's.
IMO we should beat the Titians next week and make the semi's and we have at least a 50/50 chance of winning in week 1, and I recon that is a pass mark for this season.
I would be disappointed if the club uses SOO as an excuse if we don't make the semi's or get knocked out in week 1.

Slinky

Slinky

Our club is good at using any excuse to blame for our losses. 
Slinky

Slinky

It's September. We bulldogs fans used to get that September buzz.
I feel nothing. 
GLTD

GLTD

@stevennfi .. It's no mystery .. He can kick goals .. That's it.. Get over your obsession. I hope the club lets him go. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Oh Sherwin! Where are you Sherwin? I used to love that guy. From the moment he scored that try from the scrum against Melbourne in the semi in 1999 I knew he had it. Best short kicking game ever! What about when he destroyed Melbourne in 04 semi. Was a champion player. 
GLTD

GLTD

@stevenfi .. Stuff repeat sets .. Maybe hodkickson can kick field goals At the end of every set .. Ala Johnny wilkinson .. 
steveswr

steveswr

I wonder where someone like you would be if we were doing well. Just trying to work out what the opposite of a fairweather fan is...a foul weather fan perhaps. I wonder how you will be when Hodkinson is captain after Ennis leaves...whilst I actually think it will be Tolman it would be great to see someone like you if Hodkinson was made captain. 
hounddog

hounddog

If we sign a top class fullback we should be OK with Lichaa, Hodko, Mbye/Reynolds next year.
For this year we will go better with Reynolds back in the side and hopefully Pritchard and/or Browne back in at some stage.
We should try to develop/sign some good young halves and a back up/insurance policy.
Hodko can do a job if the rest of the team is going well, he is no Thurston, Cronk or DCE but we probably can't get those guy's or a similar player, and even if we could be may not be able to afford them.
However, if there is a young guy at the club that looks the goods and Hodko is not delivering ...... then the young guy deserves a shot. 
GLTD

GLTD

We are doing well ??.. Aren't we stevie?!??Stop trying to work things out .. You don't have the mental aptitude. I'm no longer a follower of the game in its present state. Love the dogs but not this breed and that's my right as a fan. To be blindly agreeing to all things Bulldogs is really cute of you(lapdog supporter) but don't let that make you think your a better supporter than anyone else.. I've got close ties to Tolman and that would be fine by me if he was made captain .. The only person dreaming of Hodko is you stevie. Kinda creepy of you really!! 
Nancy

Nancy

@hounddog there is a young guy, I just wish he was 3 years older .... Will Kerr. No way we can afford a superstar half. 
bigtony

bigtony

newcastle 18 parramatta 12 kick to come the mata/utai brothers are on fire @ lest parra are losing & still behind the dogs 23 mins 2 go 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181