The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 22063 comments
PJGB

PJGB

Klemmer has hardly even scratched the surface. Factor in the increased strength he'll gain over the next few years, and it's clear that he will be a beast. HE'S ONLY 20!!!

Best prop in the game in three years. 
GLTD

GLTD

Yes he has the frame and the mongrel .. Two key ingredients :) 
dan_o

dan_o

Isaac Luke guilty. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Luke found guilty, and will miss the GF 
Balso

Balso

Another conspiracy bites the dust .

Slinky

Slinky

So that means Ennis will play.

Well played Des. Well played. 
steveswr

steveswr

Wow...so what happened to the "he'll get off because it is the grand final week" theorists. There was no way he could have gotten off. If someone who didn't know said "show me a spear tackle" you would show them that one. As far as Kasiano goes I thought his weight this year was pretty much under control. He was hardly svelte but then again Artie Beetson was not really going to blow over in the breeze. So the expert GLTD compares Tim Browne and Sam Kasiano...calling Dr Casey. The x factor is something many teams will never see and Big Sam is a big x factor.

ToddH

ToddH

Haha funny that isn't it Balso. 
Nancy

Nancy

@dpdoggy No way Knights would let them go next year and going by their brother at StG. he said he would honour his contract next year because that's how they were brought up. So going b y that if they have agreed to come in 2016 they will.

I think the round 13 rule is wrong because all it does is allow your club to pressure you for the next 10 months or so especially when you are young, surely they could make the time shorter say Jan.1. if they must have a cooling off period. 
Bushman

Bushman

Here is one conspiracy theory:
Des wanted all to know that Ennis is injured and wont be playing, so the NRL now knows that the bulldogs are missing their No9, so now it is easier for them to make the correct decision and find Luke guilty.
In the meantime our mad professor is laughing knowing that Ennis is fit rearing to go. 
vallo440

vallo440

You know Bushman, that doesn't sound so silly. With Dessie, anything is possible. 
Nancy

Nancy

I don't know what is said on the BDP facebook and I don't care really. Des loves Kasiano, he is signed for next year but he has to take his health more seriously and he knows that. They want him to quit smoking and improve his diet so it's up to him on that front.

Never heard from reliable people that he is unhappy never once, so that's what I believe. 
Nancy

Nancy

Yep Ennis is rearing to go, the only thing not rearing to go is his left foot. 
Balso

Balso

I like Kas and i am happy he will be around next season when everyone will be gunning for the reigning Premiers . 
Balso

Balso

Very sad for Menace . He deserves better than this . Football is a cruel mistress and Michael Ennis has at no stage ever given less than one hundred per cent every time he has run out in the Blue and White . Yes some mistakes and a couple of brain snaps but never ever less than a massive wholehearted effort for his team . His niggle and nous have been enormous to help us get to the GF . Thanks Menace .

Slinky

Slinky

Maybe we should all pray for the left foot. Didn't England once pray for Beckham's injured foot? 
GLTD

GLTD

@stevenfi .. I compared the two (Browne and Kas) as far as recoverys concerned.. Comparing Beetson to Kasiano, that's a fair assessment 30 fecking years ago moron ..

The games played by a different shaped athlete today.. It's a known fact Kasiano's not fit enough and if he's injury has heeled in time, he still wouldn't make the side as he's a liability in defence through FITNESS!

I love Kas(one of my favs) I don't want to see him leave but he's career is at a tipping point. He either takes the hard road and reeps the rewards or goes to stmerge and becomes a could've been. 
GLTD

GLTD

Thanks Nancy .. Your reply regarding Kas was all that I was looking for .. Hope the big fella stays and reaches his potential.. Keep reading a swap for Morris ?!? .. No truth to that then I suppose!..

Or should I not listen to somebody on a football internet site @stevennfi, So confused ?!?! .. 
steveswr

steveswr

Mate I am the one who doesn't listen to the randoms on the football internet site. You seem to be able to shoot from the lip pretty well..even if you do fire mainly blanks. Kasiano was in pretty good nick this year. And some of his work was outstanding with the only thing against him that he sometimes overplays his hand. He is never going to be an 80 minute player but is still one of the most dangerous attacking forwards in the competition. I have not seen one bit of evidence to suggest he doesn't want to be a Bulldog for life. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Kasiano should be used sporadically just like Des uses his last interchange player (I.e last 10mins of game)
The type of game we have played during this final series is based on defence. This is why guys like Ennis, Graham, Tolman and Hodko have done so well. We have also kicked smarter with more grubbers behind the line rather than useless high kicks, and reduced our turnovers.
Kasiano doesn't suit this style of play. He doesn't get into marker quick enough, he doesn't plug holes, and doesn't have the endurance to defend 3 sets of 6 on our line.
As mentioned above by someone, whoever replaces Ennis needs to simply focus on defence. If he can give us 80% defence that Ennis would give us, that will be enough I reckon, as the attack will be better.
Kas will need to be reviewed in the off season and will be based on Des's plans as to what style of game we want to take forward. 
steveswr

steveswr

Kasiano should get early action as Des gives him. He was starting but Tolman was out. But he doesn't need to be hidden away as you suggest. He'd be 15 on 15 off 10 on 20off 10on 10off That is 35 minutes minimum. His defence isn't too bad. You make him sound like Andre the Giant. 
bigtony

bigtony

just been thinking as ennis is out injured our team captain, then you have pritchard who plays very little minutes from the bench co captain , so just wondering who will be a our captain my thoughts why wait for 2015 to announce a new captain as james graham should be appointed now any thoughts : 
Slinky

Slinky

I'm reconsidering my thoughts on Graham as captain. I think he is too quite with a temper like a volcano. I don't want him burdened with the captaincy. I'd like him to remain free spirited and not toned down. I reckon give it to Hodkinson to speak to the ref and Graham to shout at the team. 
GLTD

GLTD

No one asks him to be an 80min player.. What people expect is about 60..

He's suppose to be a professional athlete!!.. It takes him 6 games to get match fit!!.. It's not good enough in today's game.

Injuries are part of this collision sport, he needs to manage them better and maintain his fitness. He should be ready to go when his injuries come good.

Smoking doesn't fit the bill of a pro athlete managing injuries, while attempting to raise his cardio .. Sam Thaiday quit, so can Kas .. 
GLTD

GLTD

@slinky .. Your right .. He's too fiery to talk to refs(understanding him might be a prob too haha) joint captains" as much as I hate that" makes sense .. Tolman the calmer influence.. Hodkickson might not be around long enough :p 
steveswr

steveswr

Honestly...if you had d***head tattooed on your forehead in two inch letters it wouldn't be more obvious. From your rants in the year o how we were never really any good to this so called attempt at humour...a definite case of with friends like you who needs enemies. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181