The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 21405 comments
dan_o

dan_o

It def wont be full on Sat night. Alot of BDP are sitting in Bay 35 but there will be gaps everywhere to get better seats. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Yes all good lets hope
There's a sea of blue and white 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

We’re calling all Bulldogs Members and fans to join us on the Kennel Express leaving Belmore Station at 5:15pm on Saturday for our blockbuster Semi-Final clash against the Sea-Eagles.

Get on board at Belmore, Campsie, Canterbury or Sydenham using your game ticket on the train that takes you directly to Central Station.

Show the city that we’re #proudtobeabulldog and ready to #unleash!

This is your chance to get together with all the members and fans to make your way to Allianz Stadium. Wear all your supporters gear and show you are #proudtobeabulldog. Let’s show Sydney how much support there is for the Bulldogs. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

If you're interested in helping Bulldogs HQ decorate the train, register your interest below
members@bulldogs.com.au 
Zef.

Zef.

Got an idea for Des

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11535572 
Bushman

Bushman

Heard you call DM my wife has is in the mater hospital and will be their for at least another week, managed to buy a few tickets in bay 37. 
Balso

Balso

It is not often I watch a game twice but I did this time and the chase back from Graham to deny Fonua is epic . There were a couple of backs who slowed down the raid but it was Bupa who actually stopped the try . He is no speedster obviously but he kept running until only he was there to save the day .

Balso

Balso

We have discussed his stats from the weekend . Plenty of metres heaps of tackles , the tracking back to save a try . But it was his disposal to the backs when at the line that took my breath away . Every time he excecuted to perfection , the timing sublime . He copped a knock every time he passed the ball because he waited to the last second . His two passes to Tolman when at the line also ate up plenty of ground . He was immense on so many levels . 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Ah yes, Graham is a special type of breed. Should we thank Kevin Moore for his signing :) 
Balso

Balso

Nancy brace yourself on friday night because your Kangaroos are going down . 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Yeah I thought Lafai was going to get MOM for his 3 tries and 1 setup, but Graham was quite a deserving candidate.
The passes at the line to Reynolds gave us good width and has been lacking from our gameplan all season.
I actually had the shits for the last month watching Graham and Tolman just run the ball up with no pass ever crossing their minds.
Perhaps Des was purposely makingny them play that way so that it catches someone off guard?

Marki_V1

Marki_V1

A Hawthorn v North Melb GF sounds fine to me.... 
Nancy

Nancy

@Balso Up yours Balso:) Kangas have played 2 great finals and in the prelim final 1st time in 7 years and they deserve to be there. Shinboner spirit to prevail even though they will be on the wrong end of umpiring decisions against the goody 2 shoes South Melbourne .... oh I meant Sydney. 
Balso

Balso

Great weekend all round really . The business end and we are here . Come on Bulldogs ! 
Balso

Balso

Marki that was the switch flicked . 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Balso, I don't believe in flick switches.
Rugby league like most professional team sports require the pre season training and regular season to build form. While a team may have a bad game here or there, its rare they can do the opposite. Certainly can't sustain it.
We didn't actually do anything spectacular last Sunday, we simply played at a higher tempo, got to a good lead and managed to maintain the intensity. That is the pleasing thing. No flick was switched. Players just came out with the right attitude and after scoreboard reward, they were enthused enough to go on with it.
Here's hoping we come out the same this week.
Surely the players are aware the finals draw has opened up nicely for us and we could find ourselves in anitger GF if we play to last weeks potential. 
steveswr

steveswr

Marki "We didn't actually do anything spectacular last Sunday"
I think beating the Storm 28-4 comes pretty close. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

I was referring to our actual gameplan. It was nothing spectacular. It was just our typical gameplan executed very well and sustained for the whole game. The result sorted itself, although we did catch the Storm on a relatively bad day.
Manly is also there for the picking with suspensions, injuries, and in house issues.
We come out again with the same mindset and execute even 80% of what we did last week and we should be well placed.
But I'd much prefer if we secure a win well before the 80minutes :) 
GLTD

GLTD

My only concern .. If we're favs in the betting markets.. Des likes being under the radar for more reasons than sneaking up on teams ..

Underdogs getting up is encouraged in today's game "strangely" enough.

We truly are the masters of the under
dog stutus.. Imagine we put the foot down in the second half last week .. We'd be comp favs .. A bad place to be, I tell ya!! 
steveswr

steveswr

So what does constitute a "spectacular" game plan? Rugby league is a simple game. You do the basics right and you usually win. You do the basics very well and you win well. We did the basics very well and in the overall scheme of things that is about ALL any team can do. Though true to form I can see you are downgrading the win.....Melbourne had their big three playing and their injury list was minimal so to beat them on their home turf after losing two players in the course of the game constitutes something "spectacular" to me. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Marki It could be we got the Storm on a bad day ..... but we also forced the Storm to have a bad day.
That is the best line speed and kick chase I have seen from the dogs in a long time.
The Dogs defense put a lot a pressure on the Storm attack, and the Dogs attack put a lot of pressure on the Storm defense.
It also helped that Ben Roberts was playing for the Storm ..... I've got no objection if Manly want to play Ben Roberts this week :)
We need to do the same against Manly ..... again it will probably come down to attitude and enthusiasm .... if our team plays with intent an energy they will find us hard to handle.
The Manly pack is weaker than the Storm pack, if we are well on top in the forwards that should be the game.
For all the hype about the Store big 3, I probably rate the Manly spine as superior ... they don't have Ben Roberts. But if our forwards are totally dominant it will not matter who Manly has playing in the spine.... they will not be able to do much. 
annav3

annav3

"It's finals footy, it is sudden death and it's going to be a fantastic game of football..." - Des Hasler 
annav3

annav3

BREAKING: Tigers coach Mick Potter was this morning told his contract will not be renewed. 
steveswr

steveswr

Des...the master of the astute observation... 
hounddog

hounddog

I hope we have Des a coach for a long time ..... his media interviews are very entertaining.....
See Dogs website ....
"That is Snake (Stewart) at his best, he has been well tutored hasn’t he?," said Hasler. 
Balso

Balso

I am pleased to announce that the Bulldogs have two players in the Grub team of the Year . More representation than any other team . The esteem in which our two blue and white grubs are held is that they are named as co captains of the Grub team of the year . This is fantastic news for Grub and Menace . I have taken this as a good omen for our forthcoming battles . 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181