The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20262 comments
steveswr

steveswr

That should have read Hopoate pushed into the in goal..... 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Steve, there are little errors during the course of a game that can be overcome by the better team. What can't be overcome are bad errors (clangers) with which decide games with little time left for retribution.
In my opinion, this year, the refs have reduced the amount of clangers that have decided games.
The eels game is a perfect example. They technically got the decision correct at what would have been one of the last plays if the game.

steveswr

steveswr

Marki...I am talking about games such as the one against the Rorters. We had our State of origin players out and were going to be pushing the excrement up hill to win. We were ahead 6 nil against the odds. Moses M'Bye scores a try and stupid Shayne Hayne doesn't refer it to the video ref. THEN which in my opinion is worse the video ref doesn't say I think you should have another look at it. They like to rule on "important" things such as should it be a drop out or a quarter tap but didn't want to involve themselves with "trivialities' such as a try. A short time later the Rorters scored...a momentum killer. Sonny Billy Williams sets up a try where the ball is a metre or more forward...inexcusable that it is missed. You may say they won by more than 12 points but the point is both errors killed momentum. The bad refereeing IMO cost us that game and not on the back of an isolated influence. You have to remember this was M'bye's first full game and there were a couple of other inexperienced blokes in the team that night. 
Nancy

Nancy

Kasiano having season ending ankle surgery on Thursday. Adam Elliott and David Minute from NSW Cup both out for the season as is Lloyd Perrett. Injury upon injury which goes to show you can't have enough forwards these days. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Nancy ..... Bad news on Kasiano ... that definitely does affect our chances this year.
If we can get Frank back he may be a reasonable replacement, otherwise we are starting to run out of troops.
Regardless, I still think we are an outside chance this year. Provided we don't get too many more injuries.
Almost every club is getting them, that is why the situation in term of likely premiers can change rapidly, one or 2 injuries to key players can make a difference. 
Nancy

Nancy

Same team as last week with O'Hanlon or Harlan to take Lloyd's place. Pritchard could be a chance though. 
kawana

kawana

With two refs a game the guy that used to be the worst ref in reserve grade is now a first grade ref. No wonder we have problems. Also the number of times the on field decision is overturned, as well as the refs & touchies inability to make a decision without going to the video, does not give you much confidence in their decision making ability up the field. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Dogs have always been rorted by the refs for as far back as I can remember. The decision at Kogarah in 09 robbed us of a minor premiership. To me that was the worst decision ever and we should of been given the two points. 
annav3

annav3

CEO @raelenecastle has confirmed the signing of Michael Lichaa & Curtis Rona 
annav3

annav3

"Is Kasiano & Pritchard leaving?" Neither are leaving, both are contracted for 2015 
annav3

annav3

Sam Kasiano out for the season 
Nancy

Nancy

Hoffman to the Bulldogs :)) 
Bushman

Bushman

Now, Now; Nancy Please don't get our hopes up if its just a rumour, we have had plenty of let downs in the past and its depressing. Then we head straight for the fridge, and the wife gets cranky.
BTW have you heard anything about weather Frank the tank will play again this season. 
Nancy

Nancy

@Bushman just going by Raelene's comments tonight. My trainer friend thought maybe next week or last game. Raelene said deep in the playoffs. 
Nancy

Nancy

Some shallow questions asked tonight, a few good ones. She stayed on for 2 hours instead of the scheduled 1 hour. Finally confirmed Lichaa, Rona, Loko and McInally. Lloyd Perrett close to re-signing, working on a deal to re-sign Thompson, Reni will be back if he plays on. 
Slinky

Slinky

Sams ankles couldn't hold his weight 
Nancy

Nancy

Typical question are we signing Beale? Answer .... Nope. Are we signing Boyd .... Nope. Folau, Hayne .... No. Stewart .... under contract. Hoffman we are interested if he is released. They should of had him this year but Broncos were too smart for them. 
Slinky

Slinky

I don't want Hoffman 
Nancy

Nancy

Raelene's answer to the high cost of food and drink at ANZ .... You're allowed to take a picnic basket, I love picnics! So when a child asks can I have some hot chips or a hotdog .... just say shut up and eat your sandwich haha. 
annav3

annav3

how about somebody asking if a car park can be built out the back of Belmore sports ground...some of the questions. I would love Hoffman at the Dogs. Good player 
Nancy

Nancy

A car pack for one game a year, although I thought they might have meant out the front of belmore, which makes so much more sense hehe. 
annav3

annav3

althought Belmore could do with a car park. It is getting very difficult to find parking these days around the shops. I am better off walking.. 
hounddog

hounddog

I am happy with the signings we have made so far we should have more creativity out of dummy half and a few bigger more athletic wingers.
As for Hoffman, he is a better option than Sam Perrett but probably not he total solution unless Des can teach him some ball playing skills.

So I do hope we are still looking to sign additional players in particular a utility that can play fullback and/or in the halves. This does not need to be a big name player, just someone with potential. The other alternative is Jaline Graham could step into that role.

I do have the overall sense that our team should be stronger next year and more of a genuine title chance.

Bushman

Bushman

Of those signings McInally is the only one whose playing record I'm not aware of, is anything known about him. As for next year we badly need to improve our kicking game big time if we are to compete with the best.
I am certain that all those hard fought games have taken their toll on our players, and I'm convinced that it has resulted in at least some of the injuries.
Those extra few meters gained from a good 5th tackle kick, or by forcing a few extra dropouts would result in our forwards having little more rest. Most of our injures this year have been to our forwards, with the size and power of the forwards, our team should have been more dominant. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Bushman if you Google "McInally NRL" he is a big strong winger who scored 7 tries in 3 games playing QLD cup. Those sort of stats can be misleading, but he is the type of player we should be targeting.
We are all agreed on the licking game ... hopefully it can improve for next year.
Short term I think Hodko should grubber for touch a bit more + Lafai & T-Rex should put in more kicks. The kicking game against Parra was an improvement on previous weeks, but Hodko put in a few poor kicks. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181