The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20612 comments
GLTD

GLTD

Mini would still be on or over $500,000 .. I'm sure Pattern and Ryan was with us during their final years.. You can scream loyalty all you want .. It's the $$$ that makes them stay.. Look at good old Pricey 
GLTD

GLTD

JWH ON $500,000 .. What pounds?... Trex or JWH .. Tough decision that one ! 
annav3

annav3

@nancy do you know what the story is with Harlan? Is he departing the club? 
annav3

annav3

will patrick templeman be at the club next year? 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

GLTD you mention Sherwin therefore I think you are an older poster, therefore you would remember his kicking game and he was a master at 40/20 kicks. What I am driving at is that if Hodkinson learned these skills we would triple our chances at making the GF and be in contention to blowing any of the top eight off the park. 
steveswr

steveswr

GLTD ...reminds of a conversation that Dean Jones had with Don Bradman after he scored a double hundred in India...went something like Jones...how do you think you would have gone. Bradman I don't really know if I could have done as well....Jone s Really!!! Bradman...you have to remember I'm nearly 90...but I get the drift...kicking coach for a week would be great. .

2004 semi at the the SFS (what the fekk they call it now I don't know***) against Melbourne. Sherwin 11 out of 10...

The thing that saddens me is that the comp. is at the absolute mercy of the filthy latte swilling Chardonnay sipping scum. Can't see them being beaten I'm afraid.

*** Speaking of things I don't know what they call it now ...the Sydney Entertainment Centre ...which will always be the Sydney entertainment Centre....is now something like the Qantas Credit Union Area.. 
Nancy

Nancy

@annav3 Last I heard it was 50/50 on Harlan and Templeman has been told he is not wanted and will probably sign with the Northern Pride which is the Cowboys feeder club. Think they handled him wrong and he should have been kept at fullback, feel sorry for him because he does have talent, as you know. 
Nancy

Nancy

I suppose its not too late to actually find the skill of putting the ball in the in-goal, even the Roosters who were pathetic at it are having success. A few more hundred hours of practice and we will be right. 
bradsm

bradsm

Axe1 - anyone who seriously thinks the Roosters are operating under the cap must look out their window and expect to see Mary Poppins floating by. 15 or 16 Origin or Test players in the 1 team. Not even Brisbane can do that now yet the NRL expect us all to believe a Sydney club can do it. 
steveswr

steveswr

That would have to be a point that nobody would disagree with. That legacy of the Super League war has surely worn out its welcome now. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.... 
seaeagles

seaeagles

the roosters,souths & Brisbane for starters have been over the salary cap for an eternity.all the media will freely admit that nick politis is 1 of the most influencial men in rugby league circles.the roster they have,souths & broncos it isn't too difficult to work out! brown-paper bag money,its no t traceable! mafia money! 
steveswr

steveswr

I think there should either be unrestricted garnishing, or a single, Olympic standard mayonnaise erhh salary cap 
seaeagles

seaeagles

as for the current situation with trent hodkinson, 1 option that des could explore could be next year trialling him maybe at lock.trent is strongly built,is a strong defender,top passing game & top/notch goalkicker as we know.des in his time at manly himself played majorly at half,but also played five-eighth,fullback,centre,hooker & lock very well.he could play anywhere at all! it could take some pressure off trent to try move to lock in trials next year,nothing ventured,nothing gained. 
annav3

annav3

Hasler on referees: “I thought the referee was poor, very, very poor.” 
Mlad

Mlad

Good call Sea Eagle I was always thinking that Hodokins wound make a good lock . More of a Grimaldi type player . He is too good of a player to let go . Hearing rumours Pritchard is off to the UK . Could relieve some cap money for a couple of young gun players. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Hodko could be a Travis Norton type player 
kuch14

kuch14

hodko at lock?? he doesn't run WITH the ball, what makes you think he will run a line without it? he could be a good lock if rugby league suddenly transformed into an NFL type structure - separate teams for defence / offense. he would obviously be on the defensive side.

i was one of those who thought he could be good for us. i reckon he has been very average since origin. i would love to know the stats associated with all the number 7s in the league - the amount of times they each touch the ball per game, the number of runs each makes per game, effective possessions etc etc. he would be down the bottom by a long way in the list of most stats. he would be at the top of the effective tackles / game stat and that's about it.

im still hoping he comes good. 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

The day of the ball playing lock went out 10 years ago. 
bradsm

bradsm

Tough win from Manly today. Home ground advantage and crowd got them over the line in the end. Wish we still had that. How good did Brookvale look packed on a sunny Sunday afternoon. 
Nancy

Nancy

Home ground advantage what a concept! All we have is a big wilderness with pathetic drummers and a guy who wears a skirt. Can we please just bring the cheergirls back and get rid of these annoying dimwits. 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy - good call. I don't know what is more embarrasing pre match - the entertainment or defense of the U20's team. Also those 2 idiot ground announcers have to go. 
Nancy

Nancy

@bradsm I am not able to say on here what I think of those two:) 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy - I can. Pair of idiots and they are about as funny as stepping on a needle on the beach. 
hounddog

hounddog

Short term I recon we should go with Hodko 7, MBye 6, Reynolds 14.
Hodko could defend in the middle (when Reynolds comes on) but he does not have the running game to be a dummy half. I think Reynolds coming on and playing dummy-half may give the side extra spark.
Starting with Hodko and MBye keeps the defense sold but they don't have the attacking game to dominate a game in their positions.
IMO Reynolds and Hodko both prefer to play right side, Hodko was shifted to the left side so Reynolds can play right.
MBye looks like a natural left side player to me, I would prefer to keep him there if possible.
I can't really see Hodko playing lock except for perhaps a short stint at the back end of the game.
If we are only going to play 2 of the 3 it has to be Hodko/Reynolds or Reynolds/MBye.
At present we need Reynolds in the side somewhere as our major attacking threats in order are:- (Kasinano) Lafai, T-Rex, Reynolds, Morris ...... Pritchard .... Eastwood.
Which is probably an additional reason why Des recruited T-Rex, he does not do much defense, but take him our and our attack is even more pedestrian and predictable.

Balso

Balso

At least we should be in the finals . 
Balso

Balso

It's a tough comp . 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181