The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 21440 comments
Slinky

Slinky

How awesome would it be for the bulldogs to run out in kilts against manly.

Tackling and camera angles would be interesting. Especially the super slow mo video ref... "I have no try. Check which ball touched the ground first" 
hounddog

hounddog

+ if we play in kilts it may put Manly of the game......

steveswr

steveswr

How many BDP have Scottish heritage....apart from me...Granny was born in Kettle in the Kingdom of Fife...but still think they would be nuts to go their own way!! 
Slinky

Slinky

Lots of nuts under those kilts! 
hounddog

hounddog

I've supposedly got some Scottish blood a way back.
I lived in Scotland for 6 months ... I like the people and I can understand their point of view.
I can't see how it can be economically viable as a stand alone country.
A "low flyer" is a beer with a whisky chaser .... if you drink enough "low flyers" anything is possible .... even finding your way home from the pub .... not easy but possible.

hounddog

hounddog

And whatever you do don't eat the Haggis .... the locals will suggest you eat it ..... but you will notice they don't.
I came down with the flu after eating Haggis .... at least I blamed the Haggis. 
Slinky

Slinky

The loch ness monster will pack up his bags and leave if the yes wins.

Personally I don't think they will. 
hounddog

hounddog

Lucky Nessy didn't eat the Haggis..... it would be floating on top.
Actually the whisky is a canny idea, you need something to take away the taste of Scottish beer, 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@hounddog if you drop a shot of scotch ( glass and all) into a schooner of beer it's called a boilermakers helper. Some refer it as a depth charge but that's not its traditional name. 
Balso

Balso

if the Scots get up as an independent state then i predict a bright future . As well as oil and whisky and being careful with money ( banks , tax shelter etc ) Scotland is my tip for an influx of tourists from the new continents with the massive numbers tracing heritage to be first on the plane . It may not be sunny but there is a certain charm to the North and tourism can contribute greatly to an emerging economy . 
Slinky

Slinky

Longshanks: The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots 
Hartley

Hartley

Lived in Edinburgh for a year and I'm filthy that the "NO" vote will come out on top. The scremongering by the English twats has got the grannies running for the hills. They can easily be self sustainable and economically successful relatively easily considering the mass of oil reserves they have. Gutted they won't become independant. Watch how the English will reneg on a heap of their promises now 
Hartley

Hartley

Hate that we're being picked for favourites but feel we can still win it. My prediction though is that it's going to be the hardest fought game of all the finals with extra time & a field goal winning it. C'mon you Dogs, get through this and we can go all the way. We WILL go all the way 
bigtony

bigtony

big story on zero tackle nancy will recerfice me by posting this but just whats posted there here we go again according 2 zero tackle keiran foran is heading 2 belmore in 2016 season i like 2 know how posters can post inside info 2 years ahead of them selfs lol 
steveswr

steveswr

Big Tony...you can't believe what you read as rumour. It is like a fishing lure...the aim is to get the bite....and despite how outlandish they are (the claims) they always reel in a few big ones. We have Reynolds and essentially don't need Foran, great player he is. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

FORAN TO DOGS TOOOO FUNNY
DONT WANT HIM DONT NEED HIM
NEVER GONNA HAPPEN 
Slinky

Slinky

Foran can play full with Moris 
Nancy

Nancy

You do get why all these stories are surfacing this week? Manly are worried and are leaking crap all over the place trying to get the Bulldogs to bite, starting with Krilich blaming Des for the salary cap pressure, ignoring the fact he kept everyone together so they made 4 grand finals the past 7 years. He made them into what they are. Manly created the problem after he left with their Foran and Cherry-Evans contracts which had nothing to do with him.

Then the ever present Foran rumour which has been going on for 3 years and re-surfaces yet again this week. Then you have the NRL giving Manly a helping hand with looking into the Brett Morris offer, no such inquiry into the Watmough Parra deal though. It is just bash the Bulldogs as usual and if they think this will work it won't. Hopefully the snivelling, whinging Manly will be bashed off the park. 
Nancy

Nancy

By the way Manly are in trouble because one of their big 3rd party sponsors was one notorious brothel owner who owes huge money all over the place. Serves them right for getting into bed with a criminal. Not that the NRL ever investigated his sponsorship, funny that. 
Zef.

Zef.

I usually would support any "yes" vote on independence, federation or republic in any cases, and in that spirit I support the Scots case.

But...

I do think these things have to be decisive, 60+-40 or thereabouts at minimum. A close result 51/52 Yes would do Scotland no good whatsoever IMO, the division would only grow around it and The Irish can tell them all about loyalists and republicans.

I really don't think the Yes vote thought they'd get this close. Just raise the hope to turn it into momentum for the next time 20 years or so down the track. This one may be the poisoned chalise me thinks. 
hounddog

hounddog

I still recon Matt Ballin will play ...... Manly are trying mislead us. 
hounddog

hounddog

On Scottish independence ... they could do it in future, but need to work out how it is going to go at a practical level.
They would probably be better off with something like a federal model where Scotland becomes a state and administers health, education, etc.
They don't make much in the UK any more, it is a service economy, even more than ours is.
A large chunk of their money probably comes from financial markets in the city of London.
The financial side and who does what needs to be carefully worked out in future next time.
For example, does Scotland have it own army? 
Slinky

Slinky

In 50 years there will be no country borders. I will wake up in Sydney, be at work in London by 9:15am and back home in Sydney by 7:00pm for dinner the same day.

Once you have that kind of people movement, countries and races will disappear. 
Nancy

Nancy

Only 50 years? We still don't have people flying around with jet packs on their backs. 
Slinky

Slinky

Zef can expand more but we are close to private flights to space. That's the rage in America at the moment. The Shuttle is old news and technology.

Once space travel for the general public becomes regular in 15 years, then 2 hour flights to London will follow soon after.

Asada will still be trying to get urine samples from cronulla players in nursing homes. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Nancy how is training going?
We want the boys fired up this week.
All we need to do is stay in top gear for 4 weeks. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181