The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 17426 comments
steveswr

steveswr

Did anyone notice the Dally M points this week? Anticipating these I would say 3-Jammer
2- Sam Burgess 1- Lafai (or Hodkinson) 
Mlad

Mlad

2009 was a classic when the Dragons duded the dogs great to see the wheels turn back on them and the Storm as well. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Steve, It goes without saying that I am amazed about our turnaround and the team should be commended. I honestly had us as struggling to make the top 8 before the season started and after the Brisbane game my expectations dropped even further.

Its still early days, but since we have won 5/7 and shouldn't be disadvantaged through SOO I think we will exceed my expectations which is only a good thing.

I still feel we don't have the cavalry in all areas to make an honest attempt at the title, but we may get away with a reasonably successful season and hopefully plug the gaps in the next or so. 
Bulldogrob

Bulldogrob

@steveswr 1. Hodkinson, Leaderboard 10. Hayne, Reynolds and Widdop 
steveswr

steveswr

Thanks Rob...I am sure that Tim Lafai will be the go to man before long. He always seems to beat the first man and can do it either with the finesse of a step or physically throwing the guy out of the way. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

The Man.Utd rumours have finally ended. Moyes officially sacked. Too bad for them he got rid of most of their back room brains trust along the way, Ryan Phelan etc. The old saying "if it aint broke don't try to fix it" certainly sums up his time there. He sure made a mess of it. He seemed way out of his depth from day 1. If anything, I'm surprised it took them so long to put a stop to it. 
Bulldogrob

Bulldogrob

Thank god for that, worse season in 24 years....pressure now on the new manager... a clean out of dead wood is definitely needed and time to mould a squad with many new faces which will take time. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

I didn't think the squad he inherited was that bad, not perfect, just a signing or 2 away from maintaining their winning ways. Anyway, for Moyes to come out a couple of days ago & say the defending champions are in a rebuilding phase, far out, sounds like he's clueless. Maybe by "rebuilding" he's referring to all the damage he's done & key staff he got rid of. A lot of relieved red devils fans will be glad to see him gone. I bet a few suspect he sabotaged them on purpose. 
bradsm

bradsm

Who are Man U getting to replace Moyes? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

I think it's Ryan Giggs for the rest of the season, but unlikely to keep the job long term. 
hounddog

hounddog

The game against the Knights will be a challenge .. they always lift for us ... the team need to prepare well keep their mind on the job , etc. Hopefully Des is reminding them this lot ended our season last year. My expectation is we will do the job.

On Benji it is worth having a think about it and perhaps a preliminary discussion to see if we are on the same page. He will probably get a better offer elsewhere and there are a lot of unknowns. We could tell him .... you will be playing fullback in NSW cup for 5-6 weeks until you show you are ready for NRL.

If he has got a bad attitude or a big head, or gets a better offer elsewhere then discussions will not go anywhere.

We can offer him a genuine shot at an NRL title, other clubs can offer that, but can they afford him? We still have 500K of Barba's money to play with.

It is a long shot.. the only reason I mention it is if it all comes together Benji could be the difference between winning the comp and not wining the comp. Having said that, Des would need to work out how best to use him and Benji would need to play ball.

If nothing else he would be good insurance in case we get an injury in the halves ... I think our NSW cup halves are good players, but they are currently struggling to dominate at that level.
The team is not going well, I think the younger players are still learning the ropes.

steveswr

steveswr

He's never caught a rabbit and he ain't no friend of mine...simply put madness personified. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

Banji = most likely Cronulla. If you look at Easts, Penrith, Many, Souths & Canterbury, all are well covered in the halves. The only other possible maybe is Parra or Saints for Sydney clubs, but they haven't indicated any interest either way.
Whether he'd consider a QLD club or one of the others remains to be seen, as he has his partner & her career to consider. One thing's for sure, Warriors said they're not interested & Tigers said they don't want him back. 
Bushman

Bushman

Most of us, me included would be concerned if Benji came to our club, particularly if he was signed for big money.
Like Barba you really don't know what you're going to get from him in the future, perhaps his falling out at the tigers and his ill-fated attempt at rugby may have cured the Kranium Expandus disease he had picked up, but that doesn't guarantee he can return to his best.
For me our club should only offer him match payments, with some very lucrative performance based incentives. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

On 2nd thoughts, Parra have most of their cap tied up in 3 backs already (Hayne, Sandow & Hopoate) so that probably rules them out.
Saints wouldn't have got Widdop away from the Storm for peanuts, but even so they might be the the one club that puts in an offer alongside Cronulla for Benji. I'll believe it when I see it though. I really don't see Canterbury going for it, but they'd certainly consider every player that becomes available. It just seems unlikely to me they'd pay big money to risk playing him out of position. Time will tell, just can't imagine him ending up anywhere besides Cronulla. 
Nancy

Nancy

After witnessing the 40-6 drubbing by the tigers in NSW Cup last week I think it is time Barry Ward came back:)) 
Nancy

Nancy

You poor Man U fans, I feel so sorry for you. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Given Benji is not a winger (although he is known to defend out on the wing sometimes), the Dogs might actually make a play for him! 
Bushman

Bushman

@ Benji: My money is on the storm they look a bit out of sorts at present, and appear to have a week spot at no. 6.
As for us, if he could get his Mojo back he could provide the X factor at no.1, Our 6 @ 7 are going really well at present. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Mmmmm Barry ward
Scary thought 
Slinky

Slinky

Does what's his face still play for Melbourne? The former bulldog... Forget his name... Went to parra first... Benny something? 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Roberts
Yes 
steveswr

steveswr

If Ivan Milat was given parole tomorrow I am sure there are some on hear who would want to suggest the Bulldogs sign him...as it is it would make more sense than discussing the possibility of signing Marshall. At least there would be some intimidation factor. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

who's scarier: The eerie looking Milat or the killer in Wolf Creek? 
Bulldogrob

Bulldogrob

Milat as he has real form on the board. 
IanC

IanC

The killer in Wolf Creek did it all on his own. Milat used most of his immediate family to help out! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Wilbur09 - When are the CC QLD teams named?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168