The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 19340 comments
Bushman

Bushman

This is not a rumour; just a suggestion for our club.
Darius want's to follow Benny he would very probably not have his heart in it if he played under someone else.
So Darius and Hoffman are both FB, of the two I would rather Hoffman by a mile.
Now the Broncos will also have Milford next year, and Hunt has developed into a very good half.
So the Broncos next year will have Hoffman, Milford and Darius all very capable FB's, and of course Barba who is probably not worth counting at this stage any way.
May I suggest that we try to negotiate a release for Hoffman, It might be worth even paying back the money we allegedly received for releasing Barba. 
Bushman

Bushman

Now with Griffen sacked, I would advise Des beware of the wounded Bronco's, I'm not looking forward to us playing them at Suncorp in a few weeks. 
Nancy

Nancy

Didn't I say BS. Hasler loves BS and hasn't he got a release clause if his brother left? They tried and tried for Hoffman and Broncos wouldn't budge and if they say you can have him now I'd say no thanks. They wouldn't play ball with us, so no way we should say - oh yes Broncos whatever you want, we'll take him off your hands to ease your salary cap, if they have one. 
Nancy

Nancy

Thompson is a fullback and anyone that says he isn't a 1st grader has no idea. Plenty of players have come from the Queensland cup, Cherry-Evans a case in point. Queensland Cup is a much higher standard than NSW Cup. Low on the other hand is not a 1st grader. 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy - i bet with Bennett going back to Brisbane the Thoroughbreds club will make a come back and Brisbane will once again be able to sign who they like. On BS great player but injury prone and I think his best is almost behind him. 
Nancy

Nancy

@bradsm yes the thoroughbreds, did they ever really leave? Hasler loves Stewart who knows if he would come. For a couple seasons he might be worth the risk, he looks to be much faster this year and is way ahead of anyone we have to play fullback. 
hounddog

hounddog

I can see why Des would be keen to sign BS. With him and a the other signings we would be a very good chance of winning the comp next year.
It is interest the Bennett Broncos would be one of the hurdles we have to overcome.
As still think we are a chance this year, we need to get all our players back, then Des has to pull a rabbit out of the hat ..... that's what we pay him for.
So far the rabbit seems a bit reluctant ....... 
bradsm

bradsm

@Nancy he is miles ahead of anyone we have and is going great this year. My worry is the injuries and what he would cost. 
Nancy

Nancy

@bradsm yes that's the risk but he won't be 30 till early next year so if you could get 2 seasons from him it would be worth it. He would want at least 500k. I think he was reported to be on 600k, not that I ever believe the reported amounts for anyone. 
steveswr

steveswr

Corey Thompson for mine is a great player but taking a lead from Houndog he would be comparable to Mr Spigott in the famous Pete & Dud sketch "One Leg Too Few", and that would relate to his height or rather lack thereof. Yes he is probably taller than the great Les Johns was but the overwhelming fact is the fullback has to be fearless under the bomb and so the days of the height challenged full back may be over for the time being at least. Perhaps Des's rabbit may be to play Morris at fullback for the end of this year. Who knows....but terrific player as he is I think Corey Thompson would be limited at fullback. 
Nancy

Nancy

It happens to be the great Les Johns 72nd birthday today! What a player as a young girl he was my idol. Still battling away with his serious illness, pity the young have no idea who he is. 
steveswr

steveswr

Used to go down to Bankstown Oval in the summertime and he was an exciting left handed batsman...could never get enough of the great man. I wasn't aware he had any health problems. Damn..... 
Nancy

Nancy

I used to watch him when he played for Petersham-Marrickville, great cricketer. Something very serious that everyone has kept secret per his request. Will always be my favourite player. 
steveswr

steveswr

Nancy..you wouldn't be confusing him with Graham Hughes cricket wise? Les played for Bankstown...same time as Graham Thomas and later went to Sutherland where in his late 30s set some run scoring records. The old days at Bankstown Oval were great...you could get up close and talk to the players and if lucky get some afternoon tea! All the Test players would regularly play grade in those days as well. 
Nancy

Nancy

@steveswr Sorry he played for Petersham-Marrickville first. Then at Sutherland even at the age of 37, people were calling for him to play for NSW. At Marrickville Oval the ladies would make tea and scones and you would make a donation, great days. 
steveswr

steveswr

I would bet on that...gladly...I may have to find my old autograph book but reckon Bankstown 1966...he actually went on to play for Sutherland till his mid 40s. There is a famous story about the time he was playing for Bankstown and the team was due to play Sydney at Jubilee Oval (Glebe Point) and Les turned up at Jubilee Oval Kogarah....part of the folklore of the Bankstown Cricket Club. 
steveswr

steveswr

Okay have done some research...first played grade cricket for Bankstown then went to Petersham-Marrickville and finished his career with Sutherland. 
bradsm

bradsm

Can't understand why Hasler would drop Inu and keep Drury Low in the side. 
Nancy

Nancy

Inu not named in NSW Cup looks like Morris is still doubtful. Inu had to be dropped. Hurry back Perrett and Stanley please. 
Nancy

Nancy

@steveswr Knew for sure he was at Petersham before Sutherland, too young to remember Bankstown. Funny story about Jubilee. 
Zef.

Zef.

"Operation Bring Them Home"

?!?!?!?!?!?

I told yous didn't I. I knew it, I knew it, I just knew it. Bloke's a f***in' moron. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

The Jubilee oval in Glebe was where my team trained when I played in the Balmain juniors. Most training days we had to share it with a senior VFL team. I wouldn't have a clue who they were, it would've been long before the Swans existed.
It was a long time ago & I don't know if that oval is still there, but I do remember the walk from the main road along the canal to get to it & there was an old freight train line along there somewhere too. I think it crossed over Johnson St, Annandale further up. I can't remember much else about that oval or the area, it was so long ago. Very surprised to be reminded of it. 
Zef.

Zef.

Just put the slider to any point in this video and...

...WTF? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

quite funny... 
Slinky

Slinky

He must have accidentally tripped walking through the door.
How else would an intelligent adult smash a TV and put a whole through the wall and drop a wine bottle.

It's chowda! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...
Morrisonmen - Does anyone happen to have filmed the final of the Under 10's Gordan Tallis Cup in Townsville between Wests (brisbane) and Sarina?

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168