The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20578 comments
Nancy

Nancy

@hounddog there is a young guy, I just wish he was 3 years older .... Will Kerr. No way we can afford a superstar half. 
bigtony

bigtony

newcastle 18 parramatta 12 kick to come the mata/utai brothers are on fire @ lest parra are losing & still behind the dogs 23 mins 2 go 
Nancy

Nancy

Parra suck. 
Slinky

Slinky

How did we just scrape past them? 
bigtony

bigtony

almost fulltime newcastle 42 parramatta 12 , aslo loyde perett set 2 go 2 anther club as bulldogs caps a bit tight source zero tackle they say 3 clubs are fighting for his services 
Nancy

Nancy

I will say it again, Zero tackle is a rubbish site and anyone who believes the rumours on there has no idea. 
hounddog

hounddog

Great to see Parra lose..... the Dragons + Parra or the Broncos should miss the 8.
It would be great if they all miss "Go Warriors" ....... as long as we don't need to play them in the semis.

Old man Bennett seems to have the Knights firing at the end of the season ..... if they had made the semis they may have been dangerous........

If those young blokes are called Matty Utai .. they belong at the Dogs .... whats going on there?
We should have copyrighted the name.... 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

How long has Tony Williams got left on his contract? 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

I see the Hodko knockers are again infiltrating and undermining his value. I like the bloke and I would like to see him stay. If there ever was a chance that he ever read any of the comments in here this would be my advice to him...... Make enquiries and get Brent Sherwins phone number, give him a call and ask him to teach you the ropes on general play kicking. Do this and guaranteed you will have every club in the NRL waiting for your contract to expire... Also some advice for the Hodkos knockers.. Lay off he is doing a great job. Without him we may have sitting in a much less desirable position on the NRL ladder. 
steveswr

steveswr

ODF, the likes of GLTD are witless morons. They have blinkers. Mind you GLTD (trying to work out the abbreviation...got the Gay Lad but not the TD). I am sure things will come together. The injury list this year was bad. Tony Williams would have 2 years left. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

@Olddogfan agree on hodkinson 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Thanks Steve. The reason I asked is that T-Rex is consuming a good part of our cap and nothing against the bloke, I just see that two $300G youngsters would but more valuable to us. @bulldogsette I see Hodkinson will just improve as time passes, mark my words (especially if he takes my advice) 
Balso

Balso

Hodkinson had the pressure of being the matchwinner in SOO 1 and then expected to replicate that for the DOgs for the rest of the reason . At least Hodko was available to be picked . In some ways Reynolds is more to blame by getting himself suspended then injured and has not played a minute since Origin 3 . 
Balso

Balso

Look and I certainly don't mean to pick on either of these boys I just reckon Origin fried them 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@Balso, mate this is a debate page and as a poster you have as much right as anyone to post your opinion. You are correct in saying that Origin has had a negative effect on them, hopefully this is short lived. Watching our team on a weekly basis we are not slaying other teams but it seems we are the ones gearing up for the semi finals type grind that will be required. We are only a game breaker short of making a statement in this years finals series. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Balso ... Agree on the impact of Origin ... but they should be over it by now.
The way I see it is there is time for the post-mortem when the season is dead.
We may be on life support but we are still kicking ...... 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

I am wondering if a Hodkinson/Reynolds/Mbye interchange rotation might add a little something to our gameplan. Just a thought. 
GLTD

GLTD

Got something against Gays Stevie ?? .. You Must be conflicted little man with your love affair with Hodkickson..

Before you get soooo offended, I personally couldn't care less about the so called "ice man" he's just one of the many problems facing our team .. I don't blame him alone, having said that I'd punt him all the same.

And by the way "Gotta love the Dogs"

Balso

Balso

Yes guys of course the season isn't over you're right . Premature Postmortem on my part . We are still alive which is something . 
Slinky

Slinky

It's been a while since we had a forum biffo.
IanC used to take anyone on but old age and retirement make an angry man mellow. 
Axe1

Axe1

How on earth are the Roosters under the cap? Every single player in the team plays or has played either origin or international football. Only Jakes friend hasn't BUT he was the 18th man this year and will probably play shortly. 
hounddog

hounddog

@OldDogFan Yes, I think it will add something particularly if we start Reynolds on the bench. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

Ah arguing between bulldog supporters. This is what happens when were losing, we start turning on each other. Winning makes everything better. Look, Hodkinson is a good halfback but he is not one of the elite halfbacks in the game and at the moment he is not creating enough chances to score points. The halves are responsible for creating points in a team and it's been like that for 100 years. With Reynolds lack of skill and creativity at 6 it puts a lot of pressure on Hodko to perform. If Hodko had someone like Foran at 6 we probably wouldn't be discussing this. I also wouldn't be surprised that we don't go for repeat sets with short kicks in the in goal area to prevent the risk of giving the other team a set of 7 tackles, Hodko has probably received instructions not to kick in goal. I read somewhere that 67% of the time a team gets a set of 7 tackles from their 20 metre line they end up scoring. Could this be a percentage play from the dogs not to risk kicking the ball dead? 
PJGB

PJGB

Don't believe everything you read. 67%. That's ridiculous.

The answer, of course, is the obvious one. We're just not skilful enough to get repeat sets.

I hope the club is thinking hard about how we get our next number 7. 
steveswr

steveswr

GLTD...not a thing mate but find hard to think of a redeeming feature about your good self...even though you do make sense with your last line.
DrewBoo I do think 67% seems a tad high...a lot high... 
Axe1

Axe1

1. Minichello $500k, 2. Toupo $200k, 3 Jennings $650k, 4 SKD $400k, 5 RTS $175k 6, Maloney $500k, 7 Pearce - $700k, 8 JWH - $500k, 9 Friend $400k, 10 Moa $250k, 11 SBW $1 mill, 12 Guerra $300k, 13 Cordener $300k.

That is $5.875 mill for just the top 13 players. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181