The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 19466 comments
Desler

Desler

We were doing ok before our halves went to origin. Our game plan changed after the Roosters game loss, perhaps Des thought that we would need to play entirely through our forwards to get results without our starting halves, and we did get some results. We get alot of cavalry back over the coming weeks so it will be interesting to see if Des reverts back to the direct game that gave our halves so much time and allowed them to kick well and create enough points. This team wont put teams to the sword but i think there's enough courage and skill in our strongest 17 that can take us deep into the semis, with a bit of luck of course... 
steveswr

steveswr

Does anyone know if they have the NRL games on in Victoria at the same time that we get them in Sydney...particularly Nine Friday night games?? 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Probably on GEM and in Hi Definition! 
Nancy

Nancy

@steveswr, Marki's right for once! On Gem same time as Sydney. 
steveswr

steveswr

Thanks guys...have to be in Melbourne...driving...Saturday morning so can get there Friday evening...just don't want to miss the telecast! 
Slinky

Slinky

How come Melbourne gets it in HD and we don't? 
Slinky

Slinky

What's with the tigers public cat fight. Bunch of women. Or am I not allowed to say that? 
hounddog

hounddog

@Slinky I guess most women would be insulted?
The right thing for the club to do is back the coach and punt the whinging players.
If the club backs the players it is a recipe for disaster. 
bradsm

bradsm

Hope Morris, Reynolds, Stanley and Tolman are all back this week. I think we need to step up and win this game on Friday night if we are serious premiership threats 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Houndog I don't necessarily agree.
If it a group of players that don't like the coach and the club sees those players as premiership contenders, then I'm afraid the coach must go for the benefit of the club.
If it truly about winning premierships, all egos must be put aside so the club can achieve its goals. But if its about business or as GLTD thinks (conspiracies) then the club should act in a manner that yields them the best $ 
hounddog

hounddog

@Marki ... it can be 50/50 .... but there are times when players play politics to extend their career or get their mates in the team. Similarly if the players at the Tigers a knifing the coach to get a coach they prefer appointed, it could be that their coach is better, but he could just be more popular.The board should be sacking the coach based on performance, so far Potter has done a reasonable job and should at least see out the season. 
dan_o

dan_o

Except for Mbye in the centres best side we have named for a while. We have got this. 
bradsm

bradsm

I hope Morris is a late inclusion as he isn't named. How could he be named the last 2 weeks and not play and yet not be named at all this week. Did he trip in the grandstand or something? 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Is Inu officially left our club ? 
Mlad

Mlad

Dessie playing mind games . Well and truly under the radar now;) 
bradsm

bradsm

@bulldogsette it said in paper Sunday that he has played his last game for Bulldogs and was on a plane to France to play rugby union on Monday but I haven't seen anything from the club 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Thanks bradsm he wasn't named in nsw cup was wondering if club had confirmed his departure
Disappointing but he didn't reach his full potential with us 
seaeagles

seaeagles

Inu got you out of an injury crisis a season or so back when he left the warriors.a top line goalkicker as well if hodkinson was unlucky enough to be injured around semi final time.so it is a shame him departing,darn salary cap strikes again? it makes it almost impossible to retain a great squad & lowers the standard of our footy! case in point last nights pathetic performance from the raiders against souths was that bad I had to watch the cricket instead of seeing the last 25 mins.of play.anyway,i wouldn't worry too much you bulldogs wont be down long as I expect you guys to take care of Penrith on Friday night. des will have you guys well placed for a good run in the semis,he has a pretty good record.cheers seaeagles. 
hounddog

hounddog

@seaeagles thanks.
I'm confident Des will get the best out of the talent we do have and we should be close to full strength in a week or two. 
annav3

annav3

Peter Mata'utia could be a contender for the Canterbury No.1 jersey next year if he can gain a release from the final year of his St George Illawarra contract.

The Bulldogs are one of three clubs that have expressed interest in Mata'utai and are prepared to offer him a long-term deal if he can make the switch at the end of the season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canterbury-chase-peter-matautia-20140729-zy2ca.html#ixzz38rOyTyVN

steveswr

steveswr

This is probably going to seem Marki like in its gloom but half expecting to see that Josh Morris needs a knee reconstruction and will be out till next year. Hopefully he will be on in jumper 21 on Friday...but the State of Origin curse still appears to be active as far as the Dogs go. 
Slinky

Slinky

I spoke too soon. Looks like we are going to have our own cat fight at the club over Ennis.
This is truth according to the book of the telegraph. Peace be with you. 
hounddog

hounddog

According to NRL.com no problems with Ennis leaving.
It may motivate some of his mates to put in a bit of extra effort at the end of the year.
But it is a good move for our club at the right time. 
hounddog

hounddog

The club also needs to sign a fullback ..... but is is not like they haven't been trying ...... we probably approached every NRL / rugby fullback in the country.... 
Slinky

Slinky

I still think we should chase Usain Bolt.
He doesn't need to catch bombs or tackle.

Just chip the ball to him or give him a little space to run.

Just worried he might break in half if someone manages to catch and tackle him. 
hounddog

hounddog

We could use a NFL wide receiver a lot of them can fun times close to Olympic sprinters.
They may be able to catch some bombs and will make some sort of attempt at a tackle.
It has been a few years since it has been tried .... not that it has worked in the past.

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181