The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 19355 comments
steveswr

steveswr

I would bet on that...gladly...I may have to find my old autograph book but reckon Bankstown 1966...he actually went on to play for Sutherland till his mid 40s. There is a famous story about the time he was playing for Bankstown and the team was due to play Sydney at Jubilee Oval (Glebe Point) and Les turned up at Jubilee Oval Kogarah....part of the folklore of the Bankstown Cricket Club. 
steveswr

steveswr

Okay have done some research...first played grade cricket for Bankstown then went to Petersham-Marrickville and finished his career with Sutherland. 
bradsm

bradsm

Can't understand why Hasler would drop Inu and keep Drury Low in the side. 
Nancy

Nancy

Inu not named in NSW Cup looks like Morris is still doubtful. Inu had to be dropped. Hurry back Perrett and Stanley please. 
Nancy

Nancy

@steveswr Knew for sure he was at Petersham before Sutherland, too young to remember Bankstown. Funny story about Jubilee. 
Zef.

Zef.

"Operation Bring Them Home"

?!?!?!?!?!?

I told yous didn't I. I knew it, I knew it, I just knew it. Bloke's a f***in' moron. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

The Jubilee oval in Glebe was where my team trained when I played in the Balmain juniors. Most training days we had to share it with a senior VFL team. I wouldn't have a clue who they were, it would've been long before the Swans existed.
It was a long time ago & I don't know if that oval is still there, but I do remember the walk from the main road along the canal to get to it & there was an old freight train line along there somewhere too. I think it crossed over Johnson St, Annandale further up. I can't remember much else about that oval or the area, it was so long ago. Very surprised to be reminded of it. 
Zef.

Zef.

Just put the slider to any point in this video and...

...WTF? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

quite funny... 
Slinky

Slinky

He must have accidentally tripped walking through the door.
How else would an intelligent adult smash a TV and put a whole through the wall and drop a wine bottle.

It's chowda! 
Bushman

Bushman

Letts not worry any more about Darius , he has now qualified to go to the Rotters and will be heading their. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

He's depressed can't follow
Uncle Wayne 
Nancy

Nancy

Bulldogs were never after Boyd some crackpot goes on twitter then everyone believes it is true and starts spreading the rumour as fact. I am sure Hasler has had his fill with managing depressed players such as Barba and Keating and others. 
hounddog

hounddog

I feel sorry for Boyd as he may just be a lonely person without a lot of friends and family and apparently Wayne was a bit of a father figure.
I am not sure if it is true but it is one story doing the rounds.
I don't think we should sign him...... but these issues may be affecting his price.
Then again there is always Canberra, not that that place is a cure for depression. 
hounddog

hounddog

How I meant to say that was if we wants to come back to football ... some club is going to have to take punt on him at some stage.
Probably not at the Dogs, but I hope he gets his act together and gets another chance if we wants it. 
steveswr

steveswr

Hounddog..its not true...the chicken consented. 
Balso

Balso

All that idle chatter about Darius Boyd from the Great Balso can be put down to desperation for a quality fullback . I can now see the error of my ways . 
hounddog

hounddog

@Balso Yes, I was one who originally thought Boyd would be a good idea,...... then I changed my mind.
But after Nancy's post I would like to see him get another chance somewhere.
Perhaps he still has a contract with Newcastle.
Our club has had a lot of issues with "high maintenance" players in the past, generally they are not worth the hassle.
But many footballers seem to have had a tough upbringing, it often seems the most talented ones have the most issues. I think our club has a supportive environment. but from past evidence that has not always worked. 
Nancy

Nancy

@hounddog Never a fan of Boyd but wish him all the best. How many times do footballers pull out the depression card when they do something wrong? In saying that, when you burst into tears at halftime of a game something is wrong, it happened to Maitua also. Warning signs are missed all the time.

You couldn't get better help than at Canterbury but I don't think they want to go down that road again anytime soon.

Marki_V1

Marki_V1

It's s real shame that exceptional players like Boyd and Barba end up suffering depression. I am dumbfounded as to how thus disease/condition can attack a human being at the peak of their performances. It's something you would tend to associate on the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

In the case of Boyd, I believe it is just a hiccup and will pass as soon as he moves on from Newcadtle, but with Barba I'm not sure he'll ever get back to his best.

Could it be peptides? 
Slinky

Slinky

I had a friend who was the happiest person you could ever meet. From the outside. Took his own life late last year. It is a disease. 
hounddog

hounddog

@Marki In some cases, the problems come from their childhood or unresolved issues in their life.
Or it could have some biological / chemical basis.
It don't think it is a hiccup for Boyd, but the can overcome or manage his problems he could come back better than ever.
My personal view on Barba is that is personal problems may have contributed to his performance in the past as it may have been the driving motivation.
With Barba the underlying talent is still there, but he needs to recover his motivation / confidence.
You could say the mental side of getting footballers ready to play is harder than the physical sided.
As sport gets more professional all teams will have mind coaches, counselors, welfare workers etc. As hope clubs can help get some players lives back on track.
It would be good if players came with no issues, some do, but there are probably more players with issues that we don;t know about. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Bulldogs twitter saying stay tuned for an announcement later tonight
What could it be??? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

My guess is it's the Inu to Union thing again. It's all over the news pages & rumour mill again today. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Probably confirming lichaa 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168