The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20507 comments
Axe1

Axe1

I reckon we will play Penrith in the first round of the semis. 
GLTD

GLTD

Bulldogs halftime souffs full time .. It paid better!!.. Souffs didn't get out first gear in the first half and only needed second gear to beat us 15 points to 2 in the second half .. They were never really threatened and if we mustered up anything the refs would've made sure of the result .. Pathetic and low IQ football from us again .. If this is how Hasler runs a football team then he can shove it..

I want Dymock 
bradsm

bradsm

Another game where we lose the penalty count at home. Some home ground advantage. Wonder if the refs penalise us out of the game if it is played at Belmore? I'd like to see the stats on which club loses the penalty count at its "home ground" the most over the last 15 years since we have had the misfortune of calling that shithole our home ground. 
DrewBou

DrewBou

vallo440, you are 100% right 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Can anyone tell me the exact reason why Belmore is not good enough as a home ground. Just curious 
GLTD

GLTD

Good point Bradsm .. We've lost more than our home ground advantage though .. We've lost our culture and our backbone .. The club might have cash but that's about it .. We pay overs in every department and get no loyalty or value for it .. The clubs full of parasites .. 
bradsm

bradsm

@OldDogFan - council don't want us playing there so won't allow or do any upgrades. It isn't up to standard for all the precious corporate sponsors either apparently. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Thanks bradsm. There must be some Rorters fans that run the council hahahahahahahaha 
bradsm

bradsm

@GLTD - I think it is no suprise that we have won 1 premiership in the 15 years we have been based at that abyss. Not good enough for a club with the money we have. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Its been a long long time but I remember as a kid in the early 60's attending games at Belmore. The late game I remember attending was a Monday night Dogs vs Easts game in the late 80's 
bradsm

bradsm

I remember the last game there in 98 against Melbourne in the pouring rain. The great days in the 80's when we shared the ground with Parra as well. Big games in the 80's and then the multicultural days in the early 90's and then returning there in 95 for the last game of the season against the cowboys beating them by 60 and getting us on the right track for the semis that year. 
Slinky

Slinky

I didn't watch tonight's game. And that's all I got to say about that. 
GLTD

GLTD

We had a team that played with pride back then .. That type of team changed around 2005 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Gotta love Des in the press conference 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

@axe1 that stoppage of play before Trent kicked out on the full was the reason he kicked out on the full. Instead of kicking with momentum he had a wall of rabbits running at him. It was a poorly timed stoppage of play by the refs. They just don't have a feel for the game. 
vallo440

vallo440

Thanks DrewBou, precious time is being wasted waiting for Hodko to show why he was selected SOO Halfback.

Clearly he is struggling and I cannot understand why. With each passing game of the regular season we have slowly sunk into a chasm and only lucky rolls of the dice or 50/50 calls went our way to get us the 2 points on those occasions we won.

I don't know who the answer is to pull on the number 7 jersey but it pains me to see Hodko fall from grace like this. He's a good kid and he's loyal but the time has come to sort this problem out. If we don't have a general to direct the troops around the park then we'll be cannon fodder first week of the finals. I cringed everytime he softly softly kicked the ball to the opposition wingers and fullback time and time again. I just couldn't believe how there was no towering bomb or a pin sharp stab of the ball behind the defence into the in goal to force the goal line drop out.

Perret has proven he can handle the fullback position and Thompson has the balls and tenacity as a winger and our forward pack stood up and gave it to them. They are the least of our problems.

vallo440

vallo440

@bulldogsette, where did you see the press conference. Do you have the link? 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Nrl app 
vallo440

vallo440

Of course. Thank you. 
PJGB

PJGB

There is no fall from grace, vallo440. Hodkinson had a nice 7-week stretch before origin, as did the entire team. He played solid footy, and kicked those field goals like only he can. But he's never had a good kicking or passing game, and he's never been quick or elusive or particularly skillful. That he was selected for NSW says more about NSW in this day and age than it does about Hodkinson and his skills. I didn't watch a minute of Origin, but apparently he and Reynolds were very average.

This looks like same old Hodkinson to me. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

No worries enjoy
Dessie he's a character god love him 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

@MitchNewton. It wasnt a poorly timed stoppage, it was a deliberate one. We building momentum and most likely could have gone on with it. Souths were given a reprieve a breather and then were allowed to reset their defencive line. That is a very unfair advantage to be gifted at a crucial time in a tight game. 
vallo440

vallo440

Just watched the press conference. I agree Bulldogsette, he certainly has a way with the journos doesn't he. He certainly doesn't think much of the referees and why should he? He's right, they are dumb dumb dumb. 
Mlad

Mlad

I think Des just blames the refs too much and not the teams performance. Looking forward to 2015 . Ennis is going and still no decent fullback coming . 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Seriously guys... You blaming the stoppage itself rather than the execution of a 5th tackle kick?
It was on halfway for goodness sakes. We were hardly on any attacking raid. The kick result itself is what hurt us -not the stoppage. 
bradsm

bradsm

Good on Des for blowing up about the refs. I don't think the stoppage before the kick is the major issue though. A state of Origin halfback should be able to compose himself and put in a decent kick after the stoppage. The issue for me was the penalising in the play the ball all night after souths walking off the mark and interferred with our markers. Also the try off a forward pass to Burgess. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181