The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 21491 comments
bradsm

bradsm

Did they post the crowd figure? Wouldn't have been 20k 
steveswr

steveswr

How could anyone hate another team more than the rorters...it ain't human...there were so many tackles made after Thurston had kicked the ball...these could be penalised at any normal time. Rub of the green be blowed...they had the gouge of the green. 
OldDogFan

OldDogFan

Marki rules were broken. If you are facing your own goal line you can't knock on. If it's forward off your body towards your own goal line it a knock back and if it propels toward the opponents goal line it's also a knock back....go figure 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

Crowd about 18k 
GLTD

GLTD

@mitch Newton .. Yeah Tallis trying to draw something controversial out of Thurston .. Pathetic and right up there with Weedler 
MitchNewton

MitchNewton

The Lui knock on was 50/50. Roosters supporters would of been pissed if the try was given 
GLTD

GLTD

60% of the money coming in for the dogs.. Do our club a favour and put $50 on manly.

Makes me nervous when we're favourites .. Strange things happen. 
GLTD

GLTD

18,000 crowd figure .... PATHETIC 
bradsm

bradsm

Also what about the blatant shephard run by KennyDowell not given and the next play SBW knocks on and it is ruled a strip which put Easts in position for the field goal. Also how many times was Thurston knocked down after kicking. At least 2 of them should have been penalties. Same with Warea Grub graves hit on Sims after he passed the ball. Add all those to the dubious knock on rule on that try at the end and Cowboys ripped off again. 
bradsm

bradsm

GLTD me too. We are much better underdogs. 
bradsm

bradsm

18,000 for the premiers in a sudden death semi at their home ground - absolutely pathetic. Rugby League is almost dead. I watched a couple of those classic games during the week on foxtel from 1994 and 1995. The semi between Canterbury and Canberra 41,000 at the SFS. To me the game seemed better back then. They had it right. They had cleaned it up enough from the outright thuggery of the 70's and 80's. The speed of the game was good, it was still tough enough and defenses had a chance. The product now is too quick, defenses don't have much of a chance and it is not much more than glorified touch footy and it has been cleaned up too much. It is too complicated now for the refs to get it right and people are turning off it as evidenced by the crowds. 
Bushman

Bushman

Apparently Waterhouse is paying over the odds of $3 on a Bulldogs victory.
Not a gambler so not sure what that implies. 
Slinky

Slinky

The mix of crowd will be interesting next week. Half with lattes and very tight testicle squeezing retro pants the other half with teef missing a beer and Tracksuit from lowes. 
bradsm

bradsm

The Crowd at the East/Souths game will be 80% Souths or 80% with teef missing a beer and Tracksuit from lowes as you correctly put it. 
steveswr

steveswr

Bushman if Waterhouse is paying $3 it would be for Manly not the Dogs....for every $1 you place you get $3 back...I bet as much as you do BTW. 
JoeCool

JoeCool

Steve, the Waterhouse corporation's promo is $3.00 for the Bulldogs. Maximum bet is only $30 to prevent professionals and other bookmakers getting on. For some reason I am not confident about today's match. I think it is because the team has played crap most of the year when they have been favourites going into a match. On paper, the Dogs pack should steam roll the depleted Manly pack. 
Bushman

Bushman

Perhaps Waterhouse knows that an attempt will be made to influence the game by outside forces, (not saying that the game will be fixed outright).
I do not want to start another scenario on this forum regarding big gamblers fixing games, but I do believe that certain powerful interests can influence results to some degree, eg, ch 9 and their pet rotters. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

LETS GET OUT TO ALLANZ AND SEE
BLUE AND WHITE EVERYWHERE DOGGIES FANS
PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG 
Axe1

Axe1

Tonight imo is going to be the most difficult. It is going to be very difficult purely from an emotional view. Our first half was perfect last week where as Manly's was the opposite. Look at the way Manly finished and they will have momentum coming into tonight.
Playing a it of devils advocate here, are offensive woes are not over. We scored 2 tries off an intercept and another off a bat back. We scored only 2 well constructed 1st half tries.
Tonight will be very very close. Manly will play much much better but I think we will just scrape through. 
bradsm

bradsm

It will be difficult thats why we all need to get out to the stadium. Team did it's bit last week now we need to get out there and do our bit. If you are in 2 minds about going just get out there. Let's show the rest of these Sydney clubs who the best supported club in Sydney is. 
hounddog

hounddog

I agree, Manly are looking to ambush us and it should be a tough game.
Hopefully, a big crowd of Dogs fans can make a difference if it is a tight game.

hounddog

hounddog

On the Cowboys they conceded 2 unlucky tries and 3 soft tries in the first half.
If anything the result showed what a good attacking team they are.
But there is no excuse for 3 soft tries this time of year if you want to win the comp.
If we have serious designs on winning the comp, we should be glad they are out, I am.
But the Dogs need to focus on doing our bit, the opportunity is there but the players have to be good enough to take it 
Mlad

Mlad

Forwards where it will be one . With no Stewart , Ballin, Watmough they should be there for the taking . The bAll will be on the Bulldogs side of the court tonight . 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Ahhhhh
Nerves kicking in
Agree bradsm
Let's show the rest of these Sydney clubs who the best supported club in Sydney is. 
Axe1

Axe1

I cant see how Ballin will play tonight. He was in Fox Sports studios yesterday in a segment. I don't think he would be doing that the day before a big game if he was going to play tonight especially coming off an injury. No excuses tonight. If we turn up slightly off, we will get rolled. 
Slinky

Slinky

This is perfect finals weather. Miss day time finals.
By 7 pm kick off time all the nerves and excitement would have been worn out.

I'm going to have a mango 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181