The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 20328 comments
Zef.

Zef.

Stared watching a game of footy last night and by then end of it had all my teeth pulled out. I reckon if you ranked every player who took the field out of 10 you'd be lucky to total 150.

The exceptions being JJ and the always mighty Timmy Lafai. Timmy is now a superstar, always something on when he's got the ball. No surprise that he doesn't run for the sidelines, always straightens with quick stepping, power running or superb passes. He's been the highlight of the season by pleeeeeeenty, I want this bloke a Dog for life. 
dan_o

dan_o

We won and now sit in 5th. Thats about where I thought we would finish this year. See what Des and the boys can pull out next week. Bring on Souffs. 
Zef.

Zef.

Beating South is everything. Penrith, Roosters, Manly, Storm, Souths are all involved in games v each other over the next 3 rnds.

We beat Souths we could fall in to 4th and from there have a sluggers chance. Lose and we'll probably be away in an elimination semi and a good chance to bounce straight out. 
hounddog

hounddog

Yes, Jackson and Lafai have pretty much been our best players all year.
The conditions got the better of players in the 2nd half, the only tries where from kicks, there is a trend where our team find it harder to score in 2nd halves.
Des was also resting players in the 2nd half, which was a good move.
I will give Hodko a try-assist for the Brooks try.
The main concerns are the fitness of Morris and Perrett and the form of Hodko.

Lets see how we go against the Bunnies .. am I expecting a good effort .. I would be happy to make them earn a win ....

They might end up putting a score on us, but it all depends on how it happens, if that does happen I think the score will blow out late in the game.

Hopefully it will be a close tough fight and if we don't win, we will get an idea of what we need to do differently next time.

As a final thought, Thompson was unlucky that Morris could not convert his great lead up work into a try. It would have been one for the highlight reel, Thompson played it perfectly.

hounddog

hounddog

@Zef I don't think falling into the bottom half of the 8 is an automatic deal sentence these days.
If a team can some how jag a home/away win in week 1, they are right in the mix.
The reason for that is their opponent for the following week is coming off a loss in a tough game.
I remember a brutal Dogs v Manly semi in 2012, the loser of that was always going out in the next week.
There is probably a big advantage in finishing 5th or 6th as you get the home game.
In some ways finishing 5th is an ideal result. 
ToddH

ToddH

Manly won their next game after our semi in 2012. They lost the gf qualifier against Melbourne. 
hounddog

hounddog

@ToddH Are u sure? ......
Anyway the point is it is not always easy to back up the following week after a tough game.

Balso

Balso

Lafai gives us some real class in the backs . We sure aren't getting any from Josh Morris . 
Balso

Balso

Balotelli .....yes come on down to Anfield .........SuperMario 
DrewBou

DrewBou

It will be interesting to see if Balotelli plays against City on Tuesday. 
ToddH

ToddH

Yes @houndog. They beat the cowboys in somewhat controversial circumstances. 
Balso

Balso

For Balotelli to play Tuesday his contract would have to be lodged by midday today uk time . That would be pretty unlikely as Liverpool are trying to get him to sign all sorts of behaviour clauses and Mario and his agent will dispute every point . Still I expect him ultimately to come . It is a great option for both parties . Esp at sixteen million pounds . 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Ouch. Just saw a horrible video ref decision by Luke Patten. He disallowed the Sandow try based on obstruction, but the only obstruction I saw was the actual definition in the rule book.
This interpretation of not being able to receive the ball before your decoy is a joke. If no defenders are obstructed, there IS no obstruction. 
Slinky

Slinky

It's Luke's cross eyes that confused him. Btw did we beat Parra a couple of weeks ago? 
Slinky

Slinky

Just looking at the Parramatta fans and can't help but feel we just went through the saddest 15 years of bulldogs being a homeless team.
Our yearly crowd averages were constantly over 20k during this period.
How awesome would it have been to be in our own little packed stadium just like the Parra fans. 
Slinky

Slinky

I don't get it.

Parramatta are a rabble team with no name players and a no name coach and they look like a champion team tonight.

Us on the other hand.... 
Slinky

Slinky

Their big men running straight and not sideways. The big men charge at the try line instead of going for bombs... Simple yet effective... Maybe we should try it once or twice this year. 
Marki_V1

Marki_V1

Wrong Slinky. Parra have put together a very well and balanced team. They have torched manly in the second half.
There is nothing more beautiful in rugby league than to see a team attack with depth.
If only our team attacked with even half the depth of parra. We are so flat we are horrible to watch in attack. 
annav3

annav3

is brett stewart a done deal now ? 
Mlad

Mlad

Parramatta will be the dark horse now . Manly seems they are heading into a slump . Lucky we got ours out of the way . 
Balso

Balso

Great win for Parra 
Slinky

Slinky

Just saw an ad for Big Brother. Ffs no wonder people don't watch these free to air channels any more. Non stop programming crap they keep repeating. 
steveswr

steveswr

So Marki...what do you think of the referees now? Also for those who seem to put schite on Hodkinson's attack how come you don't do the same to Cherry-Evans defence. Don't think I have ever been happier or maybe make that just happy to see Parramatta win. But back to the refs...they were awful both onfield and video where they are seemingly clueless...Chris Sandow was robbed. 
Bushman

Bushman

Parra play the knights (a) @ the raiders @ (h) they could easily finish on 32, we need to win one of our last 2 to finish above them, and that would probably get us 5 or 6 spot. 
annav3

annav3

it looks like they filmed the ad at La Perouse 
annav3

annav3

Luke Patten made a bizaare decision with the Sandow no try 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181