The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bulldogs Debate Page

daniel3

daniel3

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineWanna say lot of peeps deal with problems differently! All I wanna see is @BenBarba03 back killing it! bra **** all haterz & thosetalkinshitAnthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_MundineNow just let the man get through his problems & comeback to what he does best #runshit keep your head up my man! Stay strong ✊Right into his corner now. Leae him alone Choc. 
View all 17254 comments
Nancy

Nancy

@hounddog very difficult injury to come back from usually means the season in the NFL where it happens quite often. I agree about the Storm a couple of very lucky wins, although I always enjoy seeing the dragons lose the unloseable game:)) No way the Storm are as potent as they were and Slater is not the same this year either. 
Axe

Axe

Jarrod Mullen had a torn peck a few seasons ago. He seems to have come back well. But would it effect a forward or a half more? 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

@Axe I had the same injury last year. Not pleasant. Feels like you've been stabbed in the chest. The arm the same side becomes fairly useless until it heals. You can't lift anything heavy for fear of worsening the ripped muscle. Even little things like laying down or getting up again become a painful drama. There's not much in the way of cures or remedies either, only time sorts out those. I wish the bloke well because he only just got back after a different injury. It took mine about 3 or 4 months to heal too. Just when it seemed ok again, I did the one on the other side. I couldn't believe it, but fortunately my 2nd one was only minor & cleared up within a month. 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

As for what's worse, a forward or a back, probably the same. 
Bushman

Bushman

@ BloodyNora: sounds like you play football, please just give us a hint who you are if you play NRL for us.
That way we won't give you too much S....t if you turn in a bad one. 
Mickdog

Mickdog

A pec injury would be worse for a forward simply because they are involved more often. Especially as they are the ones involved more defensively and that is where the injury would be most likely to happen. Unfortunately with the wrestling this injury will become more and more common 
BloodyNora

BloodyNora

@Bushman I haven't played Rugby League for decades & never in first grade. You don't have to be on the field to get that injury. It can be from lifting something too heavy or at an awkward angle. Once you have that injury you have to keep your arm as still as possible because any sudden moves can make matters worse. You certainly can't go waving your arm around all over the place. For footballers, in my opinion, it wouldn't matter what position they play, with that injury they're useless until it's healed. Maybe for forwards it might take an extra few weeks before getting back on the field due to the extra workload. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

Have a bad feeling about Fridays game 
Mickdog

Mickdog

I have a good feeling about Fridays game 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

I really hope so
I haven't panicked so far but this game is worrying 
Mickdog

Mickdog

It's a danger game. Players are back at home but in the away sheds. Would be a weird feeling after a short turn around. I just can't see the Rabbits doing any good without half their squad 
annav3

annav3

The $20,000 honorarium that members will vote on would, for instance, be more than western Sydney rivals Canterbury pay their directors although their chairmen receive much higher fees. Bulldogs Leagues Club board members receive $12,000 a year but the chairman, George Peponis, gets $50,000 and vice-chairman Arthur Coorey receives $25,000. The Bulldogs football club pays directors a $4000 allowance and $8000 to those on the executive, while chairman Ray Dib gets $70,000 a year to conduct his duties.

By comparison South Sydney and Wests Tigers pay no allowance their board members.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-directors-chase-pay-hike-as-tensions-escalate-20140415-zqv4s.html#ixzz2yx0JLmKH

MitchNewton

MitchNewton

NSW cup team:

1. Tyrone Phillips 2. Drury Low 3. Levi Dodd 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Kayne Brennan 6. Lindon Mcgrady 7. Jaline Graham 8. Lloyd Perrett 9. Damien Cook 10. Makahesi Makatoa 11. David Minute 12. Reni Maitua 13. Lachlan Burr
14. Patrick Templeman 15. Steve Azzi 16. Brad Clark 17. Ed Murphy

Kasiano hot named. 
Bushman

Bushman

It's interesting that big Kas has not been named in NSW cup, thought we might see him back first grade since Frank is out injured.
Anyone know the reason, because he is not listed as injured. 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

That's a concern he's not going that bad that he can't even crack Nsw cup
Looks like he's definitely on the outer
Sad he's a proud bulldog 
bulldogsette

bulldogsette

By the way our lower grade coaches should be shown the door too 
Mickdog

Mickdog

He is obviously playing first grade this week if not named in reserve grade. Be interesting to see how the big fella gos 
Bushman

Bushman

@Mickdog If that is the case then Des is really playing mind games, cause he is not listed on an extended bench. 
RB26DETT

RB26DETT

Kasiano was named in reserve grade on the dogs website earlier, saying Ohanlon was replacing Pritchard 
hounddog

hounddog

From the website Kas is starting in NSW cup.

The Warriors have dropped Conrad ""wrecking ball" Hurrell .... perhaps injuring one player per game is not good enough ???? :) 
Slinky

Slinky

Big Bazza Busted 
Mickdog

Mickdog

Sorry guys I was going off what Mitch Bewton posted. Is Kas is named for NSW cup then he will not be playing first grade 
hounddog

hounddog

Actually it more accurate to say Kas will be playing NSW cup or NRL.
The named teams are not always the final teams.
I don't know anything definite, but Des occasionally springs minor surprises.
I also think MBye will get a run in the NRL soon, but maybe not this week.

hounddog

hounddog

If some wants to give me an 8 grand bottle of Grange .. I promise I'll remember.
The last one was very nice ..... thanks Barry. 
Bushman

Bushman

Thanks I'd remember a $50 bottle if someone was kind enough to give me one, some commentator once called him Barry O'Fool. 
Nancy

Nancy

If Barry(I'm no wine connoisseur) O'Farrell can't remember a $3k bottle of Grange which he wrote a thank you note for, does that mean the Bulldogs wasted $300 on a West Tigers watch for him last year? Gee now they will have to go out and buy another one in whatever team the new Premier goes for, so much money you have to waste lobbying hahahaha! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
lshadeye - I understand they may be held where the pool winners are from? so pool a cc slm at logan and pool b Townsville cc up there
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168