The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Barba's back.

MrChook

MrChook

The first and biggest step to battle your way back from depression is acknowledging that something is terribly wrong with you in the first place. Then you can analyse how you got to be in that hole and what improvements you can make in your life to get you back on your feet.

Barba realising he needed some help was that first step. It's amazing how quickly things can fall back into place once that is realised. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Barba just realised he plays for the dogs.

**Sorry dogs fans but the way chooky wrote it was begging for this kind of statement** 
alchemist

alchemist

could have been worse... had he been a Dragons player, he wouldn't have simply been stood down by the club, he probably would have been on suicide watch :D 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

nah its called relating to the fan base as its how some of us fans feel at times :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

You were going so well....but then you had to apologise.
Shame Marcus. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

TSQ I think I need your lessons on insulting the dogs without upsetting their fanbase and still come across as humor :lol: 
woodies

woodies

Classic! 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Ah because when other players are getting rumoured to be getting 6 months bans it would make perfect sence for Barba to get 3-4 weeks??? 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Anyway I heard he's gunna pull out from the Dogs to take up track and field for the Rio games 
ratz_man

ratz_man

from the SMH...

''http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sorry-barba-leaves-clinic-set-for-shock-early-return-20130313-2g0vw.html http://images.smh.com.au/2013/03/13/4106928/---th_barba_20130313200432917700-90x60.jpg By Glenn Jackson, Adrian Proszenko,
''Canterbury fullback Ben Barba is poised for a shock return as early as the round-four clash with Greg Inglis' South Sydney after he immediately followed up his discharge from a health clinic with an emotional apology to teammates and an assertion that he would not let them down.''
Too right, its the biggest joke of the year,
the guy is sick.....
maybe won't play for the rest of the year...
needs professional help...
''but we're gonna rush him straight back into the team because he's done a 3 week rehab coarse which normally akes nine to 12 months with being monitered for 6 months after that. The Bulldogs management along with coach Hasler don't give a stuff about him and never will, they want him on the field scoring tries, good luck to the young man, i hope all goes well for him, but i see a relapse on the horison. 
alchemist

alchemist

it has been reported that Barba will only return to the field once he has gotten the all clear from an independent doctor... so why is it a joke? 
woodies

woodies

He did really well in the All Stars game for a bloke with problems so massive that people are calling for him to have a long lay off. All Stars game was only a few short weeks ago.

Surely everybody knows these days that part of the solution to personal and social problems affecting the individual is a quick as possible return to supportive networks and meaningful and purposeful activity. Teamwork also happens off the field and I'm sure a return to training is going to greatly beneficial. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

independent doctor's are easy to find, a dime a dozen, so in your humble opinion do you think its not too early or do you want him back as fast as so you can sit in the winners seat along with your friends and cheer the dogs untill he has a relapse...anyways, goodluck with it, just don't let his footy mates shout him a beer after it, he might just wonder off to the nearest poker machine...ohhhhh so sorry, he is a new man, he is over his afflictions ..no more gambling or drinking for this young man, 'he has a 3 week rehab certificate to prove he's ok, goodluck with it, seriously goodluck Barba, you'll need every bit of it plus some. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

And keep telling yourselves, 'he's going to be alright' 'he's going to be alright' 'he's going to be alright' 
woodies

woodies

It's his life, he gets to decide. And like the rest of he gets to ride the roller coaster. 
alchemist

alchemist

how am i supposed to know if it is too early for him to return since the public has not been given any specifics as to the issues Barba is facing?

and if it was simply about keeping the Dogs in the winners circle, i wouldn't have supported standing Barba down in the first place... as i said then, if there is a serious issue, then i was happy for the club to be proactive about it, to stand him down, to give help including counselling etc.

if that help now suggests that getting him back into his previous routine would be beneficial, who are any of us, that, as said previously, are not in the know as to precisely what Barba's problems are, to judge such a course as premature?

if the problems are as serious and longstanding as Greenberg suggested, then Barba will have to continue working on them and the club will have to continuing helping and monitoring the situation... and a relapse would be a possibility... but why does that mean he should be isolated completely from his previous vocation and life? 
alchemist

alchemist

as opposed to you continually telling yourself "he's a basket case", "he's a basket case", "he's a basket case" 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Alchemist it seems the conspiracy theorists are out in force today :lol: 
woodies

woodies

No Anna, they are saying "He's a Basket case......and we really care about his welfare more than his club and th rofessionals who are helping him!".:D 
alchemist

alchemist

you just can't win (eg. the club must have lied as to the extent of Barba's misconduct, it must be drugs, he must have assaulted his Mrs, the club should not be commended for being proactive because they are simply looking after their best player, the club is simply rushing him back now to win games and care nothing for his welfare, we shouldn't forget the disgraceful response by the club after the Mad Monday celebrations, Hasler will find a way to circumvent medical opinion to get Barba back on the field etc.)

i am surprised people have the energy to throw such mud continuously 
alchemist

alchemist

excuse me? 
ratz_man

ratz_man

''He needs more help not by scoring tries'' ''He needs more help not by scoring tries'' ''He needs more help not by scoring tries'' 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Not throwing anything, just don't trust your management and would like him to get the best treatment for his gamling and drinking problems, ok if i'm going over thetop 'i am sory and apoligize. goodluck 
alchemist

alchemist

you are absolutely correct... 'could not cope with the limelight of being a league star' --> just retire now, son... 'spiralled out of control because of a relationship breakdown' --> never see her again... 'longstanding issues since childhood' --> disown your family while you still can

RLeague is truly blessed to have so many medically trained posters 
alchemist

alchemist

so it is a question of Bulldogs admin rather than the situation itself? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181