The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Barba's back.

DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Barba is back in training and should be back in a few weeks. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Sounds healthy. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Now this is a conspiracy theory I can go with you on DS. 
annav3

annav3

I just can;t get over how gullible people are. Social media is the worst , what goads me when the gullible copy and paste rumours into these forums. 
knitey

knitey

Zero Tackle........lol 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

You have to admit that it is strange that someone who has had problems stemming from childhood is ready to resume his responsibilities so soon.
He has said that he doesn't want to play footy at the moment. Even requested to be taken off the field. Is it healthy for someone with apparent mental issues including depression to be doing something he doesn't want to be doing? 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

I still :lol: at Epic Bender Crew 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

If you believe the bullsh*t that Greenberg has told everyone then I just can't get over how gullible people like yourself are. Then you sensor comments like a natzi. lol

Think of it like this. Barba gets a 3 or 4 week suspension instead of a 2 year suspension and lose of pay. Canterbury doesn't get bad publicity or lose of sponsorship.

Pull you head out of the Sand Anna. 
professional

professional

I heard Barba is thinking of joining the Storm. Would be out of the spotlight in Melbourne but he needs to negotiate a release from the Bulldogs. 
woodies

woodies

No it isn't but I just can't seem to stop coming back to this forum! 
professional

professional

Yes Anna. Stop being a natzi. 
knitey

knitey

I'd believe Greenberg over Jasmine or Fred from Bexley........go back to trolling your own team DS.:hindy: 
annav3

annav3

I dont give a toss what you think, you breached forum regulations and should be banned permanently from this site. 
woodies

woodies

Love to know your source.
I find this highly unlikely but I am open to persuasion. 
southsport

southsport

Barba can't come back until after Rd 4. ;) 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

What for questioning a story which doesn't make sense?

What, for telling the truth?

What for passing on information and where I got the information from?

Or why else? 
annav3

annav3

Why do you care so much about barba and bulldogs? Is it inconveniencing your life in any way ? Are the dragons missing ben ?

Get a life 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It keeps him quiet about Soward and Beale at least :lol:

Oh yeah and Doust, Young and Price :lol: 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

To be honest I don't care that much about Canterbury and Barba right now, but I will after I back Canterbury to win the comp at $9.

When the a CEO wants to spill a load of BS to the media and fans then the logical thing to do is attempt to work out what the real story is. I didn't believe the story that Greenberg fed to the media and fans in the first place, but it appeared that a lot of the media and fans ate it up, believed every single word and were very sympathetic towards Barba.

Why are you so touchy about one questioning a story that is quite unbelievable and believing a story which makes more sense?

Personally I don't think that Barba has done anything wrong. I also think that Greenberg handled it extreamlly well. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

:lol::lol::lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would love to see Barba go to Melbourne.
It would mean we won't be seeing him in First Grade. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Is EBC part of the conspiracy? Surely it can't be for real. Who makes this shit up? 
alchemist

alchemist

next you'll have us believe that it was Barba on the grassy knoll one autumn day in Dallas

firstly, a lot of the media and fans did not eat up the Canterbury line as to Barba... hence, there were stories as to illicit drug use, physical abuse by Barba of his partner etc... so spare me the "one man's brave fight against the ignorant world" bit

secondly, there may very well be more to the story... indeed, it wouldn't be the first time a football club or an organisation in general was less than forthright... but no evidence has been presented that this is the case --> no failed drug test, no implication with the ACC/ASADA issue at the moment, Barba's partner has denied the abuse story (by the way, did King Lewis issue a retraction?) etc.

so why is it unbelievable? have we not seen other players now stood down at other clubs for alcohol abuse and ill discipline (eg. Dugan & Ferguson at the Raiders)? 
alchemist

alchemist

from what i have read, the point is to get Barba back into his regular routine... that doesn't necessarily mean that the advice is for him to take on all the responsibilities which weighed so heavily on him previously... it may simply be that the best thing for him is to get back to doing the things that make sense to him

the best analogy i can think of at the moment is someone that has busted his knee ligaments... the first thing doctors and physios will look to do is to get you back on your feet walking instead of just relying on the crutches... that doesn't mean they are pushing you back into the activity that caused the injury, just simply getting you working again 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I know routine is good for getting over drug use....but I would have thought that with his reported problems getting away from it all would be the best thing for him.

But then again who am I to second guess the people who are treating him. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168