The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Barba's back.

DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Barba is back in training and should be back in a few weeks. 
View all 106 comments
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Any truth to telegraph article that Barba will play against bunnies? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Reports are that Melbourne are preparing for their match against the Dogs in Rd 3 as if Barba will be in the side.

Seems they are sensing the rush is on for the Bulldogs to get back their star player

at all costs.... 
annav3

annav3

not sure why they are preparing on form they will smash the dogs regardless if he is playing or not. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

This has only reinforced my opinion that it is drugs. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Recreational ......or performance enhancing ? 
alchemist

alchemist

so he hasn't broken up with his Mrs? he hasn't been spotted gambling? he hasn't been spotted partying with a crew dedicated to getting smashed? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Recreational.
Only my uninformed opinion of course. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Sounds like a bloke who would be susceptible to some illicit substances to me.

Once again, only my opinion. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I was being sarcastic Sheldon. lol

I think the whole story that Greenberg and the rest of Canterbury is telling the media, NRL and fans is a smoke screen. 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Yeah, my uninformed opinion too. 
alchemist

alchemist

so Barba has no gambling problem? so Barba has no drinking problem? so Barba has not endured a break up with his long term partner? Barba is not sick at all and thus, needed no curing? it is all just a smokescreen? 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I have never heard of a player being suspended by his club for having a gambling problem. I have never heard of a player getting suspended by his club for having a relation ship break down and I have never heard of a player suspended by his club for alcohol, unless they broke team proticol and drank when they were not suposed to.

I think the real reason that Canterbury suspended Barba has not been told by Canterbury. My guess is recreational drugs. I do think that Greenberg has handled it extreamly well too.

I hope you win the comp this year. lol 
alchemist

alchemist

but no player has ever had gambling or alcohol related problems that threatened to derail his on field exploits? 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

Another thing, Barba appologised to his team mates when he returned to training for letting them down. Should Barba be appologising to his team mates for suffering depression? Shoul Baba be appologising to his team mates for not handling a relation ship breakdown well? Should Barba be appologising to his team mates for drinking alcohol? I don't know if he should be appologising to his team mates for any of those things.

But IF he was caught to taking recrational drugs in an inhouse drug test, then appologising to his team mates would make a lot more sense again.

And BTW I don't give a sh*t if he is taking recreational drugs. 
alchemist

alchemist

Barba shouldn't apologise for wanting to come off during a trial because he didn't want to play? Barba shouldn't apologise for blowing up at teammates? Barba shouldn't apologise for the fact that off field issues have affected the team on field, namely, that he has missed the first couple games?

but the fact that he did apologise must mean that it is drugs? 
DevoutSaint

DevoutSaint

I am very sure that there have been heaps of players with gambling and alcohol problems.

As I say I think there is something else behind why they suspended him.

I do recall reading that his profile or whatever was taken down on Canterbury's offical website for about an hour or two and then put back up. I would not have thought that those reason's that canterbury gave would have warranted taking him profile down. 
alchemist

alchemist

his profile on the Bulldogs website? well, i'm convinced... 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

How long does it take for some illicit substances to leave your system?
A couple of weeks?

How convenient. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

your asking the wrong person ask cronulla ;) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

There's a reason why Cronulla has been busted - they didn't send their players to "rehab" for a couple of weeks for "personal issues". 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

TSQ you have it wrong it finally dawned on him that he plays for the dogs and the rehab was dealing with those demons ;) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

So then why would he be returning? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He overcame the issues ;) 
alchemist

alchemist

his relationship with the mother of his daughters has fallen apart and he has had to move out of the family home... first time i have ever read a broken home described as convenient 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Maybe he never knew I certainly didn't :( 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Convenient timing perhaps. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181