The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dugan

alchemist

alchemist

not me... too much trouble for an immature, injury prone player 
Bryco30

Bryco30

When a star is available you take the opportunity. With Carney we might have another premiership in the cabinet 
alchemist

alchemist

how to know? if we had Carney last year, then perhaps Reynolds would not have had the year that he did... maybe Barba would not have seen as much of the ball as he did... i am also not a big believer in Carney in the big games

my issue with players that play up to the point that they get sacked, released, moved on etc. is that there is a good chance those issues will re-emerge if they sign with another team... for example, Carney was great for the Roosters in 2010 but was back to his old tricks in 2011 to the detriment of the Roosters and then moved on

not every player is going to get on with his coach, people will make mistakes etc... we shouldn't be overly judgmental to the point that we deny such people a second chance... but there are players/people that will continually f*%# up to the point that they become bad and/or disruptive influences to those around them 
Bryco30

Bryco30

l don't know. Hence the word might. But what I do know is that a player of Carneys quality had a large influence in taking the sharks from bottom 8 to the top 8 and played for NSW. Now the evidence would point to Carney making the Bulldogs a better team. We have possibly the least creative halves combination in the league and it is possibly the weakest point in our team. So l would imagine that Carney a very creative player would make the team better. And I doubt that playing next to one of the best halves in the game would make Reynolds and Barba worse. Look at Slater Smith and Cronk, Arguably the best 3 players in their positions and they play exceptionally well together.

l agree completly that these types of selections can go either way, however the club in my opinion has as much of an impact on the outcome as the player. With Greenburg and Hasler I have alot of confidence that they would give a troubled player a great chance (See the way they have handled Barba so far). 
alchemist

alchemist

would be something to ponder:

1. Barba
6. Carney
7. Hodkinson
9. Ennis

14. Reynolds 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Or seeing as Hodko seems out of favor

1. Barba
6. Reynolds
7. Carney
9. Ennis 
sydgeoff

sydgeoff

Ready made replacement for Minichello who is nearing the end of the road. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

First person sacked for anti-DOPE 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Haha :lol: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

warriors interested in his services :lol: 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Shame, talented guy, hope who ever he signs with straightens him out. otherwise will be such a waste. 
xcade

xcade

I'm sure it won't take long for the Titans to be labelled interested. We seem to want to sign every free agent and throw every troubled player a life line. Shits me to tears to be honest. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

How long till rumours of dragons start but never fear he will go elsewhere :lol: 
xcade

xcade

Watching the footy show and Erin confirms Titans and Dragons already expressed interest.... I thought this we want to sign everyone attitude might have went out the door with Searle. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Please take him. I don't want him he is Toxic.... err I mean he is a really good player and will change your team :) 
xcade

xcade

No no, by all means, you take him. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

One would certainly hope not. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I heard he was the one who changed Josh Papalii's mind. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Where? 
Bryco30

Bryco30

So that the eels have cap room for himself.... 
HarrySack

HarrySack

This could get interesting. I heard on the wireless this morning that the NRL have asked for a justification of his sacking. Meaning they want to know every little indiscretion that caused his sacking. Could they be trying to make him sit out the season? 
professional

professional

Did you come here from the 1950s? 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Desperately hope he is de-registered 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Was in a very odd mood this morning. Felt like kickin it, old school. 
Morkel

Morkel

Article on CM site saying that the Raiders are indeed passing on his colourful report card.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/canberra-raiders-to-give-nrl-dirt-dossier-on-sacked-fullback-josh-dugan/story-e6frep5x-1226599397311 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Still not sold on the idea of a draft. What about expansion? Or relocating potentially two Sydney teams elsewhere?
ALX21 - Grand FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
ALX21 - Interesting team named. I guess Josiah Cox missed out due to not having a passport???
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181