The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Super League Kicks off This Weekend.

LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

The Superleague kicks off this weekend with the opening game seeing the Champions Leeds Rhinos hosting Hull FC, for those with subscription TV make sure that you have the Eurosports package as the game will be live from 07.00 AEDST, can't wait for the first upset of the year, go the Airlie Birds!.
I'll post more details tomorrow as well as a wrap up of the first game. 
JasonE

JasonE

There are some good match ups in the first round, the only clear winners look to be Wigan over Salford and even that game should see a fired up Salford still on a high after being saved from extinction. 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

Close on 30 minutes to the Start of Euro Sports coverage, on the Fox network it's Channel 511, not sure what it is if you have HD, two games this evening both of which have already been discussed but for Salford's sake I hope that they get a huge home crowd and put on a competitive display.
Other games over the weekend sees Nathan Brown's new club St Helens take on his old club Huddersfield tonight our time and on Sunday the reborn Bradford clash with Wakefield, Hull KR host Le Catalans who enter new era with a home grown coach, the Craig Gower led London host Widnes in their second season back and in the final game Warrington are at home to Castleford, should be some very spirited games with many close match ups, in the Championship there was a game on Thursday with Halifax beating defending Premiers Sheffield at the Shay. 
knitey

knitey

[U]Friday February 1st[/U]
Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC (TV)
Salford v Wigan

[U]Saturday February 2nd[/U]
St Helens v Huddersfield (TV)
Hull KR v Catalan

[U]Sunday February 3rd[/U]
Bradford v Wakefield
London v Widnes
Warrington v Castleford 
knitey

knitey

[U]Friday February 1st[/U]
Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC (TV)......Leeds 36 def Hull 6
Salford v Wigan ....................Wigan 42 def Salford 0

[U]Saturday February 2nd[/U]
St Helens v Huddersfield (TV)
Hull KR v Catalan

[U]Sunday February 3rd[/U]
Bradford v Wakefield
London v Widnes
Warrington v Castleford 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

Super League Champions Leeds Rhinos proved they are again the team to beat with a 36-6 win over the much hyped Hull FC, Hull recieved a major blow before Kick Off with Captain Gareth Ellis pulling out after suffering a foot injury in the warm up.
A enthralling first half that featured bruising defence saw the teams go into the break at 6all but in the second half the Rhinos put the foot on the accelerator to race in 30 unanswered points, early on in the contest there were a few dropped balls that were attributed to the Super League using a new brand of ball and it was Hull who had the worst of the handling with 2 of their debutantes in Ben Galea and Shannon McDonnell having less than impressive games.
With so many players for Hull making their first appearance it may take some time for Peter Gentle's outfit tofind their combinations, debutant for Leeds in Joel Moon picked up a try while Joe Vickery the former Tweed Heads Seagulls player suffered a ankle injury midway through the first half, the World Club Challenge promises to be a real contest going on the form Leeds displayed, in the other game just completed the Wigan Warriors turned a 16-0 half time leadinto a 42-0 victory over the crisis stricken Salford Reds, things should be on the up and up for Salford with a host of new signings yet to play. 
JasonE

JasonE

It will be interesting to see what Leeds do if Vickery is out along with Ben Jones-Bishop, hope they don't put Kallum Watkins on the wing. 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

Probably Joel Moon could go to the wing, the Rhinos have plenty of depth to cover the injury(s), over 15 000 for this game proved that the lesser lights will struggle against the powerhouses, Salford had a tick over 5 000 at their game and there would have been plenty of Wigan fans amongst them, the salary cap works differently in the UK to Australia but imagine if they had a player draft to even out the talent!. 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

Oh dear, sacked Huddersfield coach from 2012 Nathan Brown had a nightmare start at the helm of his new club St Helens who ironically played the Giants in the opening round of the ESL, Huddersfield under new coach Paul Anderson a former St Helens player crushed the Saints 40-4, was going to watch the game this morning on Eurosports but it started 50 minutes late owing to a game of soccer from Africa going into triple over time and a penalty shootout!, footballing powerhouse Mali defeated South Africa to go into the semi's of the African cup, yawn!, game should be replayed this afternoon. 
JasonE

JasonE

Giants were absolutely outstanding, Brett Ferres for England if he keeps that form up. 
matthew

matthew

Any highlights or reports coming through from Sunday's games?

Beaver Menzies with two tries. 
pods

pods

Brown was sacked? I thought he walked? Brown had good times at Huddersfield. I wouldn't have thought they would want to sack him. 
pods

pods

Beaver is apparantly 39. Is that right? How does he do this? 
LeroyTheTiger

LeroyTheTiger

I get most of my info off the 'TheRFL.co.UK' site or the Superleague.co.uk site 
django

django

last year he signed up to coach Saints this year & Huddersfield were ok. Then, after a bad Challenge Cup game he was "allowed to leave early" 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

boaa - Depending on finals performance Hudson may force tatipata or Allan out. Bench could be peacock sula sioasa Wilshire and noema
giggi.delo - With notable players missing such as Ponga,O'Hara,Dressler,Garner etc.... This is what I could salvage of the remaining QLD team.This in ...
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168