The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

salary cap

bigbear

bigbear

What are the broncs doing with all the spare money they must have from the allocated salary cap.They have released players and another retired, gains a couple of cheapes in Stagg& Kemp.Are they not spending because they want to make a big splash on JT. JT will still need a good dummy half.Young talent is out there just look at the two reynolds boys one from souths and the other from the bulldogs 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Who's available? 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

They are making sure they have enough money in their cap to retain the diservices of Scott Anderson who comes off contract this year. They know are in for one hell of a fight. 
Morkel

Morkel

A fair few contracts were upgraded, and recently enough for them to have considered a clause that takes in to account the cap rise. If you couple that with the increase in the minimum, which we'd have a few of, there goes the cap rise. Not saying we don't have a cool mill left over for a big buy, but if we don't that's a possible reason. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Hmmm don't agree with my explaination Morkey?
Morkel

Morkel

Yours is obviously more viable, but my reputation would be ruined if I didn't throw a quirky, biased alternative out there. I heard Jap rugby is chasing Anderson, which is where the retention battle gets tricky. They're offering him his own team. With clones. 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Money is for JT and life after Footy. 
professional

professional

I thought the Broncos have dropped out of the race for Thurston.

They should try to get a few more front rowers and then throw a load of cash at Cherry-Evans. 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Smokes and mirrors from Andrew Gee. They are and have been making plays at JT for a while now and setting it all up. I think Cherry-Evans will be a 1 club man unless Manly sink to the bottom but with Foran along side him and some of their stars with a few more years yet he will stick solid at Manly. 
soup

soup

Cherry Evans must be the most overrated heap of shit player in the NRL. 
Stolzy

Stolzy

well if thats the case soup, he made us look silly in game one didnt he

i would much rather have DCE then Prince and Wallace Combined at the moment, even with that dodgy haircut 
HarrySack

HarrySack

:lol: Oh god, that farking haircut!!! What's he thinking lol 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He said last night he has no plans to change it in the immediate future :lol: 
Stolzy

Stolzy

must be joey's influence...he had some shocking haircuts in his day also lol....still playing same damn good footy tho 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play St Pat's Gympie Monday week.
ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181