The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Broncos Signings

jazman84

jazman84

I hope this is just a rumour... Ennis is finally hitting his straps for us. 
uqlangel

uqlangel

Doesnt Ennis have a player option for next season anyway. Meaning that an offer is already there for him to decide on.

And with michael sullivan already on the books it would seem odd that the dogs would chase Ennis. 
nopatience

nopatience

theres an offer but its got to be agreed on by both parties i think........ 
Kool87

Kool87

They may see a future for him in the halves, theres also a possibility that they see a future in the halves for Sullivan, either way its a spot thats always handy to have some depth in and the dogs obviously have plenty of cash to throw around 
ian_nelson

ian_nelson

There is a rumour floating around on the broncos forum that Hannant wants 300k, if thats true let him leave i say, the Titans wont be able to afford that, so he can go back to sydney if he can find a club offering that to a prop who has had 1 goodish season and a good start to another. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Clinton is on 275 so Hannant would be the equal of that at least. Which isn't far from 300k. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

I've said it before and i'll say it again Broncos giving Clinton $275k is a joke. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Think about it though, a test prop and premiership winner that is the market you would struggle to get anyone less then that. 
Alec

Alec

Hancock, do you know anything about the Ennis rumours? 
TheChello

TheChello

Haven't seen any value in the 275k spent on Clinton as yet, keeps getting injured. Sims/Wallace have been the best buys for the club, at least you are getting value from these two. 
jazman84

jazman84

Clinton is due for a good performance, I'm hoping it is this week against Manly. 
uqlangel

uqlangel

Hannant will not go to back to Sydney his family is at the coast so the only 2 real options are Brisbane or the Titans.

And Clinton must be given at least this season to find his feet although 275 K does sound a lot for him in his current form. 
crogger1984

crogger1984

Clinton is on the improve. His last couple of matches have been solid. I was impressed with his first 20 minutes against the Bunnies. He is just starting out at a new club & was injured. I think he'll come good. 
uqlangel

uqlangel

Agreed.

We also must make sure not to overpay Hannant as even if we do loose him we still have Clinton, Taylor & Kenny up front and Big Sam can also play prop. 
Kool87

Kool87

If he really does want 300k then I'd say he's already a Titan, cause I just dont see us having that kind of coin? 
Kool87

Kool87

I really like Thaiday at Prop TBH 
Hancock02

Hancock02

He has left them before why wouldn't he do it again? 
uqlangel

uqlangel

Fair point. But I just dont see him going south again. His football has improved so much since coming north, and being in a good place in someones personal life does make a difference to onfield performance. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,23667485-5003409,00.html Form trio dropped for Folau

Matt Marshall | May 09, 2008 12:00am

BRISBANE is likely to part ways with in-form trio Michael Ennis, David Stagg and Joel Moon in order to offset Israel Folau's signature.
It is understood all three players have been encouraged to secure their futures elsewhere with Brisbane battling to balance its books for next year after signing the Storm sensation.
Both Ennis and Stagg have contract options to remain at the Broncos next season but are not expected to remain post-2008, while Moon is likely to command more money elsewhere.
In turn, the departure of Ennis, Stagg and Moon would also allow Brisbane to offer gun prop Ben Hannant, who is set to earn his first Origin cap for Queensland on Tuesday, a long-term contract.
Ennis has rubbished reports from Sydney he has already signed with the Bulldogs for next year but his manager George Mimis this week admitted the red-hot rake was likely to be squeezed out of Brisbane.
He has been tabled offers from three rival NRL clubs on the back of electric form over the past month. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

I don't know how i feel about that actually, but if it means re-signing Hannant then it isn't the worst thing that could happen, 
jazman84

jazman84

Folau is not worth those 3.... 
CougaMan

CougaMan

I am new here but have been reading with interest the comments.

So what does this mean for Michaels? Has the money that Tony Carroll will free up at the end of the year already been spent. I cannot work out why the 2 mentioned above with options just take them up for next year and then thereafter look elsewhere if they feel the Broncs can no longer afford them. Maybe I am missing the point.

I also wonder how dissillusioned Dave Taylor must be. 
Kool87

Kool87

Since when were those 3 'in form' and 'red hot'?

Ennis has really stepped up of late, and Stagg has had some handy contributions, but Moon hasn't really done anything as yet (why other clubs will be 'throwing' cash at him God only knows, what are they seeing that we aern't?)

Folau was crucial in giving our backline some sting, and Hannant will be crucial to rebuilding our forward pack, I think a trade off for those 3 would probably be about right, that said I doubt we will lose them all 
Kool87

Kool87

Why? the guy is still a kid, plenty of time to earn the big bucks, he isnt even a first grade regular yet 
CougaMan

CougaMan

I hope you are right with Michaels.

From what I have seen, Taylor would probably be a regular first grader at most other clubs. He is very young but it seems all the young ones think that they should be earning big bucks now. Not saying Taylor is like that and he certainly does not come across like that but how could the Broncs keep someone like him (who could become one of the most destructive players in the comp) if a rival club offered him a regular first grade spot and on decent money. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168