The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Broncos Signings

farles

farles

That is obvious. Who are these clowns on this forum? It would be good if everyone put a photo of themselves up as their avatar. Lewis and I would get get a good laugh. Fourex would be an interesting one. Think 40yo virgin crossed with revenge of the nerds. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Good idea - there's a thread called "Pictures of you" - you can go first. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

My spidey sense is tingling.... 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Make sure yourself in your broncos jersey. :) 
fantdog

fantdog

Norman to announce he is going to Parramatta this afternoon.

I am personally disappointed as I can't help but think this guys has spark and ability, something we are lacking atm. 
Morkel

Morkel

If so, Griffin has said that he'll still be in the team this year. The way we're going though, we need to start building for the future so throw him to Q Cup, give Hoffman the #1 spot, or even Bond, Kahu, whatever. 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

Agreed, QCup him. He is barely a 1st grader as it is and now that he's going to another club theres no logical reason to play him.

Edited this to give a little ****YEAH to the fact he's leaving. We honestly couldnt do worse, so as far as I'm concerned we've won in this deal. 
fantdog

fantdog

Definitely agree, I'd like to see Kahu given an extended opportunity. They obviously have a high regard for him, so throw him in and give him some experience.

My big worry is the future of our halves. Ben Hunt is playing a reserve hooker so therefore not growing as a half and Scott Prince is very much a short term option. Who do we have coming through that is going to take over for the long term? 
Morkel

Morkel

As an aside, Hunt on the bench may work, but not as it currently is being done. When McCullough needs a spell, put Wallace there to hold the fort in defence, and Hunt can come on and play halfback, which is his prime position. I can't emphasise enough the need for these kids to be playing their proper positions, except for the obvious rookies in the backline that get eased in via the wing. 
Morkel

Morkel

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-sign-young-brisbane-bronco-corey-norman/story-e6frep5x-1226605413550

BRISBANE Broncos fullback Corey Norman has officially signed with the Parramatta Eels today on a three year deal worth over $1.2 million.

Norman, 22, is a talented playmaker who debuted for the Broncos in 2010.
He was Darren Lockyer’s replacement at five-eighth last year but after a promising start wilted in the back end of the season as the Broncos slumped to finish eighth.
News Ltd was the first to report on the Eels interest in Norman on February 17.
He is a talented player and unfortunately for Broncos fans, his best years could be spent in an Eels jersey.
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin had been confident Norman would stay, but it was an offer too good to refuse and will allow Norman to take care of his mother who still works night shifts at a Gold Coast petrol station.
Parramatta recruitment boss Peter Nolan was a key figure in the battle for Norman's signature.

Nolan left the Broncos at the end of 2010 to take up his posting at the Eels and is known to be a huge fan of Norman, who was named under-20s back of the year during Nolan's tenure at Red Hill. 
alchemist

alchemist

incredible money for Norman... but good luck to him 
HarrySack

HarrySack

All the best. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Is that overs or worth that kind of money? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Betting a pallet of the golden nector (XXXX ;) ) that in the years to come we will be watching Norman tearing it up for the Eels, or somebody else and will once again be ruing the ones that got away.

What would he be on now....200-250K / season and his poor old Mum still has to work the cash register at the local servo?

puh-leeeassee.....what bullsh*t !!

Strike this up as another Andrew Gee f*ck up .......that fat prick has got to go! 
Dogga

Dogga

Would have been good to hold onto Norman, but no way is he worth that kind of coin 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Creepy ....... you sit around all day imagining what I look like.

What a homo. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

He said Lewis and he would get a good laugh....bet that's not all they get. 
knitey

knitey

If you offered a decent beer, someone may take you up on that bet.:) 
Dogga

Dogga

Would like to see Hodges go to #1 
Foordy

Foordy

If Gee matched the money Parra offered, then you and everyone else would be calling for his head ... i would have liked to have kept him but he is not worth the sort of money that Parra offered 
MrFourex

MrFourex

To me it stinks of a lie in there somewhere.......as I said, a young guy on the money he's already on and they run the story about his poor hard working Mum? What shit...

I don't think it was all about the money......

Gee f*cked up by resigning Wallace. Norman is the first ripple effect.....Hunt will be the next....... 
Dogga

Dogga

Nah - money talks, simple as that . 
turnip

turnip

hahaha Norman sucks, **** anyone who is upset he is leaving 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

All Parramatta supporters. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181