The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Broncos in for a long season, top 8 material??

LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Whats this obsession with Bond. Not even a good Q Cup player. Some of you blokes need to watch a few games. Hala, is another, he has been pathetic for Redcliffe recently. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Paul Kent said tonight on Fox that we won't make the 8 for atleast another 3 years..

Greg Alexander said tonight that you can put a red line through the Broncos this year. Can't win it.

Haha 
Lewis06

Lewis06

It's called desperation. 
farles

farles

and they are spot on too whilst the goose is coaching 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

Why are you laughing? I'm not death riding the broncos like some of the posts i see in here but i've accepted that we'll be lucky to bring up the tail of the 8 and if we get that I'll consider this too be a successful season. 3 years though is a long prediction, the broncos need to make alot of changes to their recruitment & retention (including the non renewal of some contracts) that could be done in 2 years, including this one. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Gun Thread :) 
HarrySack

HarrySack

You're right. We should probably just leave the team as it is....

I'd really like to see you name a team actually.

The obsession with Bond isn't really an obsession at all. I saw him in the GF last year and he seemed decent from what I saw. Granted, I was in and out of that game. A few people I know also talk him up. At the end of the day, can we really do any worse at this stage? Our FB is leaving, so getting a combination going with him would be fairly pointless, our halves aren't clicking etc etc. A change is certainly needed. I don't recall mentioning Hala. 
professional

professional

You have no idea what you are talking about. Bond has been great in the Queensland Cup. He picked up the the Peter Leis Medal and was widely regarded as one of the best players at that level in 2012. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Not at 6 though. I can't see him playing 6 at NRL, he doesn't play it at Qld Cup bar 10 games in his career. 
professional

professional

Yeah, I don't agree with him playing at five-eight. He is like Jake Mullaney in the NSW Cup or Barba in the NRL - a small five-eight who shifted back to fullback. If he was going to play for the Broncos it has to be at fullback IMO.

But to say he isn't a good Q-Cup player is patently stupid. 
Dogga

Dogga

OK then . SO you want Griffin gone, who do we get mid-season to replace him? 
Dogga

Dogga

You just added a player we don't even have to the lineup, so I can't say you've done much better 
Morkel

Morkel

Let's look at the positives. Defence has been pretty bloody good. Surprisingly, we're only behind the Titans (? yeah I know) on points conceded. This is Prince's third game for the Broncos at 5/8, we had our best attacking weapon out last week, and our fullback has been doing whatever is necessary to shine brightly on the highlights reel to potential suitors and nothing more (looking the 'most likely' to do anything is still doing nothing). Keep the faith, and even if we don't make the 8 I hope the defensive standards, and therefore commitment by the team, is still there. 
alchemist

alchemist

the Dogs were wooden spooners in 2008... they finished the 2009 regular season in 2nd spot and made it to the Prelim Final

the Roosters were wooden spooners in 2009 but made it to the GF the following year

very easy to turn around your fortunes in the NRL 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Tell that to parra and Cronulla, we are also going down same path :( 
cal88

cal88

Lol, who's writing the script? 
cal88

cal88

Gotta love panic threads after 3 rounds. If you know anything about Brisbane, you just have to see how they pull up after the origin period. 
Ph1l

Ph1l

The Broncs had a great record for good ladder positions pre Origin, before the post Origin crash starts, so usually had time to recover and make the eight but I can't see a good ladder position this year unless something drastic happens. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

If it makes you feel better you will finish ahead of us ;) 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

We will finish 15th then :) 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

This isn't the broncos of the 1990's - 2006, this years squad will likely see only Hodges & Thaiday with Hannant a big maybe. Origin won't be an excuse this year. 
alchemist

alchemist

Parramatta played in the 2009 GF... they were Minor Premiers in 2005 as well

the league hasn't seen a legitimate back-to-back premier since 1992-1993 ('97 not counted as it was a half comp)... so nearly all teams have a shot at the premiership at one stage 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Q Cup form means nothing at the Broncos. Otherwise Jake Granville or Baptiste would at least have been given an opportunity (instead of bumbler McCulloch). With a lack of genuine wingers Georgetown is an option. He is consistently good. Unfortunately if you weren't in Hooks old under 20 team, you are not a chosen one. 
pandkmurphy

pandkmurphy

Couldn't agree more 
MrChook

MrChook

Parker should be in the mix too shouldn't he? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181