The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Broncos in for a long season, top 8 material??

HarrySack

HarrySack

Freely admit, not a great deal. I watched him in the GF last year and he seemed to go alright although from what I heard at the time it wasn't one of his better performances. Jazman went to the trial that he played in and said the moment he stepped onto the field, he had an impact. We can't do any worse right? :lol:

I can't put my finger on what the problem is, something isn't clicking. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

signs of a crisis developing? Never seen a player criticize their team-mate before usually they say things like it was a team effort etc :lol: 
HarrySack

HarrySack

That's a real concern IMO. I've never agreed with him being given the captaincy and his actions on and off the field aren't changing my opinion. Don't get me wrong, we deserve every criticism leveled at us atm. If he'd said something like "it took a real team effort to f@ck that one up" I would have no issue, but to publicly criticize a single team mate....pathetic really. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

this topic deserves a thread of its own for us all to bag Thaiday :lol: 
professional

professional

Yeah, poor defensive effort by Dodds but Broncos didn't lose because of that. Scoring zero points generally loses you games. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

:lol: Laurie?!? That you bro? 
farles

farles

The only thing you are missing here is taking Thaiday out of the front row and putting him in the second row. If you wanted to keep Gillett in the back row I would even consider moving Parker to Prop. I would still pursue Dugan.

1. Dugan
2. Kemp (we need speed badly, have said that for a while)
3. Hoffman/Norman
4. Hodges
5. Marantra
6. Norman/Bond
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Mc
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Thaiday (can run wide and up the middle)
14. Baptise
15. McGuire
16. Anderson
17. Hala (when fit, he can bend the line)

Coach - Anyone but Griffin
That would be our best side 
farles

farles

My bet is that Griffin the goose will name an unchanged lineup except Hodges returning to the side. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

:lol: 
professional

professional

:lol: GAGF Harry. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Yeah, was really only naming 1-9 because that's where the majority of our problems lie, but I agree about Thaiday. Dugan is worth a look, but as I said in another thread, I think he already knew where he was going before he got fired. By the sounds of things the NRL are looking for a reason to de-register him for the season as well, so we'll have to wait and see. I believe the whole Norman parra saga would be playing it's part as well. 
Brisbane_Broncos

Brisbane_Broncos

Can anyone see when we'll be a top side again. There must come an end to this downward spiral they seem to be on. Can we find a decent halved pairing that can do something to give us a chance of scoring. This current side doesn't do much in attack. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Real poor by Thaiday there, challenges Hayne for captains play of the week. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

There's no cohesion....at all. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I agree. Maybe I am reading to much into it but its like he is absorbing the rest of the team of any liability for the loss and placing the entire loss on one player. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Makes a change from the same old boring cliches we hear at every press conference. 
nata65

nata65

I have heard that the player are not happy 
Ph1l

Ph1l

Yes, it's only the third round, but, ominously, there doesn't seem to be any difference to the style of play the Broncs were using during the later half of last year. If Justin Hodges isn't there to throw the ball to, there's no attack at all. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

About? 
alchemist

alchemist

i have no doubt plenty of captains and coaches throughout the sporting world have torn strips off players that have made errors on the field... but it is one thing to let a player know of his error behind closed doors and something totally different to do it in front of the world... i wonder how pleasant will training be this week for Dodds at Red Hill

very poor from Thaiday 
knitey

knitey

Being beaten.:D 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

FMD ! Some of you supporters! End to the downward spiral!

Alan Bond in the halves! FMD! 
nata65

nata65

THe player are not happy with the coach 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Yeah Thaiday was out of line. Poor form. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

So with the current Dugan rumor, I can see:

1. Dugan
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Marantra
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Mc

...would like to see:

1. Dugan
2. ?
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Marantra
6. Bond/Wallace
7. Prince/Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Mc

Not sure who to stick on the wing. Reed seems to be losing it so maybe he should head back to Qcup for a while to regather his Mojo. I'd love to see a little work put into Hoffman at centre. Other than that, he's impressed me on the wing and let's face it, if we sign Dugan, he won't get near the 1. Ideally, I'd like to see 2.Hoffman 3.Norman but Norm is heading to Parra so we'd be better served looking at other solutions (unless of course Reed makes a miraculous turnaround). Inb4 Glenn/Gill to centre. With the loss of Norman, I can see us retaining Hunt which means his development will be further f@cked by coming off the bench as a replacement hooker. Yes, Wallace can relieve Macca and Hunt can come into half but I'd really just prefer a straight swap. None of this juggle a few players around to accommodate one. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181