20 Jack Reed
21 Joe Bond

4:30 on Fox, 9:30 on Nine tomorrow night. Can't wait to watch some league 
View all 56 comments
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Thoughts on the game...

Good to see us back in action.
We could of easily scored 4-5 tries in the first half but we just couldn't through a number of reasons.

The good..
Thought Prince went well
Hodges was great. If he is missing for any stretch we are in big trouble.
Dodds is our most effective defender
Gillett had some more spark
Parker was his usual busy self

The bad..
Corey Norman is NOT a half.
Reed was average like last year . I know it was his first game back from surgery.
We are short of a player who will score 18+ tries out wide. 
Morkel

Morkel

Surprisingly the forecast was wrong. Go figure. Perfect weather all day, and should remain that way until late tomorrow... if the forecast is to be believed...

Seeing as I've now peeked, and the outcome is a foregone conclusion, I'll have to resort to picking apart the performances. And praising Hodges. 
Morkel

Morkel

(1) Been saying it for a long time. Technique is awesome and punishing.
(2) Kemp. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

1. You know that won't happen though...
2. Agreed he's down on confidence, but being shit in the spotlight is not going to help that. FTR, I'm a big believer in what Norman can be but he needs XP and the best place for him to get that, IMO, is Qcup.
3. Another candidate for Qcup because he needs match fitness and confidence. Reed should be worried.
4. Was ready to punch Klein because he was so goddamn negative about every try!!! Turns out the prick was right though. :lol: They'll go to the vid ref heaps in the opening rounds but after a while, I think we'll find the on field ref's backing themselves and not bothering. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

they have to go upstairs can you imagine the media if they called it no-try and it was proved to be a try.

They would be looking for blood. 
Morkel

Morkel

On the refereeing of the ruck, for the first ten minutes I just thought 'same crap, holding down, niggle etc', then all of a sudden the refs got the sh!ts and really cracked down. Was an awesome game after that - free-flowing, fast and attack driven.

If the comp continues to be reffed like this it will be a good year. Some will be pinged more than others. Manly will get smashed. The Storm unfortunately do all their work before the 'held' (in order to delay it), so they'll likely still get away with it. But overall it will reward fitness and discipline. Let's hope that they don't fall for excessive milking (broncos were guilty of it many times).

Look for a lot more dummy half running, more shoulder-running in tight, etc. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I thought the refs spelt out their intentions for the year concerning ruck play, loud and clear.

That said..... it was a penalty-a-thon. I don't want to see that

Klein was over the top. 
bigbear

bigbear

We are such big Bronco fans and have been since they entered the competition. I am bemused with what they have been doing with player retention and player signings of late.Putting faith in what is coming thru is comendable but not enough.This has been proven.Do the Broncs now have a club policy not to sign any big names.Trying to think who was the last big name to be signed by the club and how long ago,please dont tell me it was Peter Wallace.Must be a lot of room in there salary cap .Long term i worry if the Broncs have the players to fill the void which will be left sooner than later by a number of ageing Broncs.Hunt and Mccullock are so far off the pace of the other number 9s it is a joke.We set high standards a long time ago, lets get back to those high standards again. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Last big name signings have been Prince, then before him Petro, hmmm..... 
bigbear

bigbear

Petro was a bronc and came back for a last good bye.Princey a cheap aquasition thrown a life line.Not big signings in the prime of their carreer.Both well and truly at the end of carreers. 
MrChook

MrChook

.....then Origin & Test prop Hannant...would've had Inglis too but for Souths dirty tactics. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

But for the Inglis being a grub without any sense of decency. 
Morkel

Morkel

Folau. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Forgot Hannant, but then he didn't suit what I was saying either.. he he 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Scott Anderson in 2010. Massive signing. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Even Hannant was a returning player really.....

Inglis is one that would be making a difference right now. Lots of stories about that deal but for me whoever was in charging of brokering it for Brisbane, dropped the ball big time. Watching him evolve into perhaps one of the most powerful weapons of destruction our game has ever seen, is bitter sweet. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Yeah ...probably right. All the way back to Izzy.

I like gist of what Big bear is saying, usually Brisbane has been successful with a lot of home grown talent plus the addition of one or two brought in stars. It has been a weird policy over the last 2-3 years that has drifted away from what's worked well in the past..

I can understand with Locky and Petro taking some of the high end money last year, but they're gone now. We have to have room for a big signing. Otherwise some of these blokes we do have are on a lot more than they're worth.

Who would be a sure thing for origin.......Hodges, Hanannt .......Thaiday

.....Parker(maybe) ?

Gotta be money there somewhere...?

I'm not writing off what we've got now. We make the hard yards ....we get to the try line .....but then nothing. Having an x-factor type player is the killer punch we need to convert the hard work into points. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

I'm of the opinion we are saving our dollars for a certain someone 
Morkel

Morkel

Premiership winner, young & in his prime, in one of the most demanding positions in the team. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

If you look at their current team they should have enough money to sign JT, Gallen, Hayne and 5 or 6 wallabies. :lol: 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Anderson has had scans and ribs are injured. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You're time spent trolling Brisbane fans by pretending to be one, seems to have produced very little education for you. Lazurus was brought in ......Brad Thorn .....Darren Smith .......Gordon Tallis......Michael Ennis ....Priddis.....Folau. Class players brought in from outside clubs to compliment the local ranks that Brisbane had. 
bigbear

bigbear

Well said MR FOUREX & LEWIS 06.Yes Hannant has returned while Inglis would have been the big signing the club needed.What has happened ,they just dont know how to score points.You are so right no one on the flanks who will give a bucket of tries over the season such as a Morris for a example. Harry Sack who is this signing they are saving for. 
Morkel

Morkel

Sack is implying that the Broncos' denial of chasing JT is a big porky. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Maybe I should have allowed for nitpicking.

Of course they have signed players but the majority of their 1st grade players were produced from within is what I was alluding to. But I think you already know that and are just looking for an argument.

Nice try Mr Trolx 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You were obviously wrong .......I simply corrected you.

You're welcome.

;) 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181