The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Salary Cap

Dogga

Dogga

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-utility-corey-norman-given-approval-to-accept-rich-deal-at-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexnr-1226595961220

" Norman is believed to be just days from accepting an Eels offer in excess of $400,000 a year, a contract that is impossible for the Broncos to match given the big-name stars on their books."

Not that I'm saying we pay $400k for Norman, do we really not have space in our salary cap, surely after losing Lockyer we have some spare room in our cap ? I thought we would have a fair bit of room, but maybe not. 
View all 40 comments
broncos4life

broncos4life

Yeah I think their response that they don't have enough cap space is like a chick saying they can't go out tonight cos they have to do their hair. We have the cap space, we just don't have it for you 
broncos4life

broncos4life

I would insult you but your about to watch Norman f*** things up for the next few years, so that's harsh enough 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Total last year was 200k, can be used towards any player with eight years plus, so can do say 4 x 50k if you have the players that qualify. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Yes they would have. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

You can have him back and I'll happily trade insults. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You're forgetting such discounts as Lockyer being a one club player Lesley.....

No surprises that loyalty would be one such thing you'd forget about. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

No doubt you'd have a firm grasp on this scenario, being the whiny little b*tch that you are. 
alchemist

alchemist

disloyalty would not be something i attribute to Rabbitoh fans 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You've obviously missed the point....... 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Alana, you are an idiot. I was only correcting one of your fellow supporters. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

and now I've corrected you...... ;) 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Now, now Alana. Where was I incorrect 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Dogs fan, him no speaka da Inglis 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Ben Smith, Fuifui Moimoi and Jarryd Hayne all qualify for us.
But that $200k doesn't go a long way. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Big name stars on our books...?

Who....Hodges & Thaiday? Pfft !!

Andrew Gee has a lot to answer for if by somehow our coffers are low and that we've wasted 350K+ / year on Peter Wallace. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Obscure .......the topic had nothing to do with Inglis at all.

Still, it's not bad. :) 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Sub topic. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

See my post earlier. I don't believe anyone from the Broncos was quoted as saying "we have no room in the cap". We very likely have plenty of room, just not for him. Also, playing for the Broncos, makes you a Big Name Star....whether you deserve it or not. Same situation at the Storm. High profile club etc.. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Stay out of it Harry .....he knows what I'm talking about. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I think he's worth 300K .......and if he's smart he'll take it. He has a much brighter future staying at Brisbane than he would being stuck in shitsville Parramatta. 
Morkel

Morkel

I think he'll be worth $300k in a year or two. But not now. If the Broncos keep him, he has to know it's for the right reasons. "You'll get your $300k, but right now you need to go and sharpen your skills in Q Cup, prove that you're worth it, then you'll get your money and any success that you deserve". Otherwise, take the cash, but it'll likely be short term money as you'll have just as much scrutiny as Sandow and unless you fire each and every game you'll never live up to your expectation. 2 years time he'll be a Tim Smith. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

'Cept of course Tim Smith was pretty good in his rookie year. 
broncos4life

broncos4life

I don't know what your problem is anymore. You just seem to lurk around until I post something here and give me s*** for it, no matter what it is. I just won't post anymore and you can tell all your mates how pathetic I am and what a hero you are 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Bizarre .......the post of mine you quoted is in no way connected to what you said. :S 
broncos4life

broncos4life

I obviously made a mistake and meant the other post 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I thought you weren't going to post here anymore..? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - 2014 QLD MURRI UNDER 15 TEAM. 1. Braydon Trindall 2, Denzell Burns 3. Tramaine Spry 4. Damien Burke 5, Tyrell Douglas-Denduck 6. Travis T...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181