The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 4 Vs Storm @ Suncorp

Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Pretty sure this would be the first time we have played a home game on a Good Friday. For the past 12 years the team has played at the SFS on Good Friday.

Since the 2006 GF we have played Melb 13 times for 2 wins. Our last win against the Storm at Suncorp was in round 2 2009. 
View all 87 comments
Brisbane_Broncos

Brisbane_Broncos

Broncos supporters are sick of the crap this team throws up every week. It's not like one or two games it's every game, the team is going nowhere. 
farles

farles

are you f$&@ing serious. We played well ( when storm went to sleep) for 20 minutes out of 80. You obviously haven't to a clue about the game you dribbling mess. Yeah there was a few positives with Norman, Hannant and Hunt. But where was the rest of them for the 60 minutes?

Start watching the game with both your eyes open. I can't stand supporters like you who have not even played the game yet think you know it all. 
Brisbane_Broncos

Brisbane_Broncos

Currently sitting in 11th on the ladder, that is not a good side now is it. 
Brisbane_Broncos

Brisbane_Broncos

It hurts me to see this side struggle, I'm a fan of theirs but they have to start beating the top sides. They're not the side they once were, we need to start getting this side heading in the forward direction towards winning titles again. It's been a drought as this year marks eight years since they last won a title. 
farles

farles

Im hearing you! 
Tera

Tera

The boys did us proud tonight, no idea what you are talking about. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

:lol: ,,,, 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out......peaheart. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

either does he..... ;) 
Lewis06

Lewis06

(N)either do you. :lol: 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Troll 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Hmmmmm.....

Look, I thought we were certainly a fukcton better tonight. The fight back was great, Reed passed etc.....but we're still a long way off. The funny thing about tonights game is that, if Hodges plays, the majority of our traffic goes down his side....where Duffie isn't. I suppose a positive that you can draw from the game, with regards to play making, is that perhaps they've realised they don't just have to give it to Hodges.

Hoffman was great IMO and he's really starting to make a home for himself out there. Which is good given that it seems inevitable that we'll sign Dugan. Which solves our FB problem Farles. I'm really not convinced with Wal and Prince. I'd hoped it would work but meh.....Prince and Hunt? 
Brisbane_Broncos

Brisbane_Broncos

Well when we keep losing to the same sides every year there must be a reason why. Broncos sides of the past wouldn't have put up with it, they wouldn't let Melbourne keep beating us. They need to beat Melbourne and Manly, those two side piss me off. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Good signs came out of this game. We can score points and the boys aren't chucking in the towel.

Whether Dugan signs or not, fullback isn't the problem at the moment at least for now.

Our 6,7 & 9 are still the number one problem with the side. McC is getting worse.......Wallace is still being Wallace.....Prince looks lost.

1. Norman
6. Prince
7. Hunt
9. Wallace

Best game Thaiday has had in ages.....Hannant is lifting his work rate and aggressiveness. Anderson went ok when he came on.

Still not getting enough out of Gillett in attack but on the whole the forwards went a lot better tonight.

The storm would have put on some of those tries no matter who the opposition were. They're a great team......and our performance tonight shows that we aren't as far off the pace as some would have us believe. A couple of positional changes.......get the halves combination right and we're still right in this. 
Tera

Tera

Thaiday, Hannant and Hunt were stand outs. 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

I've been asking for Wallace to play #9 for a whgile now like alot of other people, he seems suited too it. I think our game would improve alot with him at hooker and Hunt in the #7. McC to be culled & Norman if & when Dugan does sign. He's just not 1st grade material. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You thought Norman was shit tonight?

Prince has to be on borrowed time. I think if Dugan does sign......Norman might be shifted to 5/8. I don't think his current form warrants him being dropped. 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

I don't think hes shit, i just don't think his game is of 1st grade quality and its a culmination of small things each week that add up. He's also signed with another club and without being spiteful theres really no need for us to persevere with him, his ability doesn't warrant it like it would alot of other marquee players if you get my drift. If Dugan signs I'd love to see Wallace in hooker and Dugan in fullback. Wallace in hooker is a fans dream though, won't happen. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

I think we need to find some consistency in our game. It's all a bit jumbled up at the moment. I can see us having some sucess before to long... Biggest question mark is the halves in my opinion. 
brendanalderson

brendanalderson

I thought that was Norman's best game for a long time last night. He finally ran some good lines with the decoy play out the back and quick hands took care of the rest. I've always thought that he runs too laterally on that play and gets the ball almost standing still sometimes. He finally ran more direct and ran onto the pass. 
lenojd

lenojd

Hannant was a machine! 
HarrySack

HarrySack

A fair assessment. My comment regarding Dugan was more for Farles benefit btw :lol: Our biggest problems are the halves. Individually, I don't think they're shit but together, they don't seem to be gelling. The Dragons game(?) when Hunt came on and slotted into the halves and Wal moved to Hooker worked well IMO. His defence is up to it, and he seemed to give good service. I would, of course, rather swap a 9 for a 9, but they won't drop Macca and they won't drop Wal. So, working within what the coach will allow:

1. Dugan/Norman
6. Prince
7. Hunt
9. Wal
14. Macca

..would be worth a look IMO. Won't happen though. 
Stolzy

Stolzy

this would be based if we dont sign dugan

1. Norman
2. Hoffman (if he is hurt Kahu or whitchurch goes in)
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
7. Prince (needs to be in charge of the game)
8. Hannett
9. Wallace
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Lui (needs to play more then just the last 20 damn minutes)
15. Anderson
16. McCullough
17. Stagg (if he is hurt, then Hala)

we need to see more of Corey Norman like in rounds 2 and 4...he needs to try and emulate even 50% of vintage fullback lockyer. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

He won't be dropping McCullough.
Hunt was the catalyst for our comeback last night so wouldn't be dropping him either. 
Stolzy

Stolzy

i wouldnt be dropping either on them out of the team completely...just restructuring 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168