The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3 Vs Roosters @ Allianz

Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Go into this game off the back of a tough, spirited victory. We did pick up injuries to Hodges and McGuire who both look like missing a few games. Our recent record against the Roosters at Allianz is outstanding, winning 10 of our past 11 games there. 
View all 45 comments
Bryco30

Bryco30

Who you gunna bring in? lm thinking Woodsy with a young prop rotation and Galloway out. 
Morkel

Morkel

Already traded him on DT for the young Burgess brother. On SC, I can't afford to trade him for a big-dollar player that I'll want to keep year-long, so thinking of trading him for a cheaper player so that I can use it to upgrade someone else.

PS. But Woods looks the goods. 
farles

farles

Why is Hunt back in the side? We played ok without him last week with a better rotation considering all the injuries. Wallace at hooker to give McCullough a break works well. Hunt is a waste of space in the top 17. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Yeah lt was Woods or GB for me too. But l figure Woods could make nearly as much money and score alot more points as well as a season keeper. 
Morkel

Morkel

Agree totally. Makes no sense, especially as the other players can all cover for injuries as you already pointed out. 
Morkel

Morkel

How long's Galloway gone for? Woods ticks all the boxes, except it's possible he'll be back to the bench when Keith comes back. Last week was an inflated score too, I'd be guessing about 60 a week, but only if he starts. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Up to 4 months. Gavet and Groat out long term also. Woods scored 49 last year with Galloway(not sure how too find out minutes played?) So Im hoping Woods will average around 53 this year 
Morkel

Morkel

You've pretty much convinced me now. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

We are going to win this game. Got no doubt. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Don't blame me lf lt goes wrong haha @ Morkel 
MrChook

MrChook

Took the words right out of my mouth.;) 
farles

farles

What a joke! The only thing different from this game to the game that Canberra put 50 on us is the coach. That was a legless effort.
Key Points:
* We had almost 30% more ball then them and didn't get close to crossing the line
* Reed had at least 4 opportunities to pass the ball to Hoffman and didn't. (He is effing useless)
* Our forwards go forward is pretty good but the play the ball is too slow
* Our forwards have zero line speed.
* We don't have a single person with pace in the team (time to bring back Kemp, how sad is that)
* Hunt is waste of space
* Norman has proven again why he is not a halve. He should never kick a ball again.
* Reed is our weakest link. He is slow, easy to tackle and should go back to QLD Cup and play in the forwards.
* Thaiday is not a front rower. He can't bend the line. Sam Moa made a fool of him tonight.

Griffin's game plan makes Henjack look like Wayne Bennett. Our attack is the 2nd most embarrassing the NRL after St George. The only thing that will save Griffin this year will be if Wayne has already put pen to paper for next year which will mean Griffin will go back to coach Under 10's.

I have not seen anyone in the backline hit the line with speed. We have zero support play, we pass the ball left to right with no second man. We cannot offload. Our backline does not have a clue.

We need Dugan, attitude and all. He couldn't disgrace the club any further than our current back line does.

The only positives from the game is that Hoffman looks more comfortable on the wing. Alex Glenn is our best back rower by far and Hannant is our best go forward. Anderson had a good game too. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Sigh ...... we simply offer nothing in attack.

It's very frustrating. 
MrChook

MrChook

Sooo Prince was a dud signing then it seems. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Uhmmm .......proven it because he's playing fullback?

Norman at the moment looks the only one capable of anything creative in attack.

I'm over McCullough .......

1. Norman
6. Prince
7. Hunt
9. Wallace 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

What if he goes to parra will you guys be calling for him to be dropped? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

No......I still think he has his moments. I think Wallace is dragging him down....just as Wallace dragged down Corey Norman last year.

TBH....both halves are getting shit service from McC 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I wont. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

A few points from the game..

Roosters are such a different team this year. There attitude has really turned around under the new coach.

We had some positives to come out of the game. Our goal line defence kept us in the game. Bad miss with the Maloney try.

In saying that i think the team needs some changes which i will go into later. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Really really hope we make a big play for Dugan. 
farles

farles

First change would be a new coach that has a clue. 
farles

farles

McC gives terrible service although Hunt was worse. I can't stand McC when he attempts to barge over the line from 5 out. 
farles

farles

We would have the slowest team in the comp by far. Our fastest player would be Hoffman. Outside hodges nobody else has good footwork. Tonight we witnessed a roosters side that had Pearce, Maloney, SKD, Jennings, Sheck and Tupou all with decent footwork. 
MT_report

MT_report

And they only scored 8 points with that talent. 
farles

farles

They have new combinations and are improving. They showed plenty of attack, were able to step through our line, run around us all on top of doing 30% more tackles than us. We looked like shot ducks. You can't have that much ball and not cross. The roosters are not that good. Melbourne will put 40 on us next week which will lead to Griffin the twat getting sacked on Tuesday.

Hoffman will not score a single try this year from a Reed pass. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Not yet, but when some of those combinations start to click... 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181