The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Players in Trouble/Under Pressure

Lewis06

Lewis06

I agree. I think he is a bit better than QLD cup but his last couple of seasons have not been that great, although he did play well in Origin, which he usually doesn't.

Mixed bag for him the last couple of years, will be interesting to see how he goes this year. I still don't think he is suited to the Captains role. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

The obvious choice......Peter Wallace.

He has to know that Brisbane coaching staff are concerned by the lack of creativity he offers in attack......Prince coming back to the club spells that out loud and clear for him.

I think management are starting to realise that they have made a huge mistake in re-signing him. His only out is, if he performs better at 5/8......the argument will be that 5/8 and half are these days so interchangeable that it won't really matter. I don't necessarily agree .....I've thought for a while that maybe Wallace would have a bit more time playing one more out. Still......he's not my first choice. I'd much rather see Norman at 6 then Wallace, but I think for round one Wallace will be there.

So may Norman ....Griffin might say for the early rounds "here it is boys... as the incumbents, the jerseys are yours to lose". Prince may have to bide his time. I hope we haven't bought him to do that.

It'll be interesting to see how Brisbane handle the Norman/Parra talk. I guess if they are thinking long term that Norman is the preferred option instead of Wallace .....then we'll see that reflected in weather or not they can come to terms.

If Norman does stay and if the rumours are true that we're still in the running for Thurston and we get him (to replace Prince when he retires).......I wouldn't be surprised if we play him back in the number 7 and Norman at 5/8

That will leave Wallace looking for another club. ........:D 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Agreed. He's been very up and down the last few seasons and IMO, Parker should be captain. Obviously it was a sweetener when he negotiated his latest contract. I heard form someone that a bunch of the boys went and did some sort of leadership course? Thaiday, Parker, Glenn, Wallace and someone else. Anyone confirm? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

:lol: Wallace isn't terrible Fourex. He just isn't a dominant playmaker. I honestly think he'll thrive with Prince although Norman will be snapping at his heels. Re the Eels talk: If we lose anyone, I think it'll be Hunt. Not to the Eels though. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I agree here....I thought last year there were rumours that he might be Titans bound? Disappointing but ......an acceptable loss if one if forced to choose between losing Norman or Hunt.

I rather lose Wallace and keep Hunt

but management already screwed the pooch on that one....... :( 
Tsunami2010

Tsunami2010

Mr Fourex, i am standing and clapping. Finally another poster who agrees regarding Peter Wallace. I applaude you. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Thaiday, Parker, Hodges, Glenn, McCullough, Hook, Gee, Lockyer and White go every month. 
Morkel

Morkel

Thaiday was pretty bad last year, but in 2011 he was awesome. Didn't he get the back-rower of the year award? His form that year set him up for the captaincy. Pretty sure Hodges was the extra man in the leadership course. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Yeah, what I was getting at. Bad 2012, great 2011 although I remember thinking he didn't deserve the award that year. Can't remember why. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168