The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Josh Hoffman

IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

Anyone else getting sick of the injury feigning that goes on after every time he gets tackled hard.

What injury did he sustain last nigth agains t the Sharks. A Sore mouth ? NO BLOOD - NO SWELLING - NO FRACTURE

A player played the entire secound half of a NSW Cup match last week with a broken Jaw, broken Cheek bone, Broken eye socket and another facial fracture. He was knocked out 2 minutes before half time.

Hoffman is softer than butter.

Give Maranta go a fullback. 
View all 43 comments
IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

I am not criticising his ability but he needs to toughen up. Today is was confirmed that he sustained no injury. A stint back in the Q cup might just do the trick. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Yeah, Not often it happens in a Brisbane forum 
SonicStar

SonicStar

a lot of this is a wank but I highlight the biggest part, he's the worst defensive fullback in the game

FULLBACKS

When we think of the NRL’s best fullbacks we invariably think ‘attacking flair’. We marvel at their kick returns and scything breaks, and also their playmaking skills as they slide into the backlines. But obviously the position they play also has a huge defensive focus. They’re literally the last line in defence – the back-up should the front line falter. Rugby league’s goalkeepers, if you will. There are no surprises at the top of this list. The Origin fullbacks are the best in the NRL. Brett Stewart leads the way, with his effective tackle rate at 80.6% just a shade ahead of Billy Slater at 79.5%. Those suggesting Matt Bowen isn’t a defensive fullback (and questioning his mooted selection at the back for Queensland in Origin III) should look at his numbers in third place. He’s effective 78.4% of the time. With Slater out of Origin III, other names bandied include Greg Inglis and Ben Barba – Inglis pips Barba in defence, 74.6% to 73.2%. Perhaps the biggest concern coming out of the fullbacks list lies with the Broncos: Josh Hoffman is the worst of the fullbacks… by a long way. He is effective just 51.2% of the time. In other words, he is ineffective almost half the time. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

He was bloody concussed!
Yeah back to Qld Cup. Great idea. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

He gets concussed in the legs a lot too. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Hello, must be someone that want's to talk to me. 
IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

LOL Do you want to have a second look at the tackle. Barely touched him. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

^^THIS

Wallace needs to be coming off the bench. He can fill in for both Hunt and McCullough if needed.

On Josh Hoffman. He has the 2nd highest hit up count in the NRL.

Thought also I read he has been carrying a sternum injury. Quite painful I hear.

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=772744&vId= 
cal88

cal88

A few bad games and you get hung up to dry in these forums... 
blackmandra

blackmandra

need to send him back to Q Cup to harden up and maybe, just maybe come back to earth. He thinks he's to good, another Hayne. Absolute Sook..... 
broncos4life

broncos4life

What absolute rubbish. He is one of the most down to earth guys going around. Your a joke, dead set this could well be one of the dumbest posts I have read, and I have read a lot of sonic star's stuff 
blackmandra

blackmandra

I hit a nerve... Sorry Broncos4life. When i say to good, i meant on the field. He likes to make big hits on players but when it's the other way round, he almost always gets up injured. He Probably is a very nice guy. But he does need to harden up a bit.. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Josh Hoffman ...?

Really?

and if so, how is that thinking you're too good by wanting to make big hits on opposition players?

Thought that was what ALL players tried to do.

You're not making much sense mate. 
broncos4life

broncos4life

huh? when does he make 'big hits' and if so what is wrong with that? you do know we are talking about rugby league right??? this isn't the forum for the Denver Broncos (I know this could be confusing)

I seriously can not remember a time when Josh Hoffman, the fullback of the Rugby League team the Brisbane Broncos went around putting on 'big hits' and then complaining when he got one. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Me either. 
KougariKing

KougariKing

Hoffy has been pretty solid.. obvious concern is lack of combination with Wallace.. started the year lurking arouynd the ruck waiting on half gaps a la billy seeulater, so would like to see him get back to that and worry more about hitting holes in attack 
fish86

fish86

Agree with you here. Putting it into perspective this is only his third season of a grade and he has had a few injuries in that time. I think he is still trying to find the type of fullback he wants to be. Being the sweeper in the backline doesnt seem to suit him as much. He is great at hitting a hole meaning we either need to be persist until he catches on to the current format or maybe cahnge the way he is being used instead. He is a fighter and will persist until he gets it right. 
crogger1984

crogger1984

What a rubbish thread. The bloke got smashed in the head about 3 times against the Sharks (when the thread was created) and apparently he's faking injury?

He's also been playing with a sternum injury. With so many other backs out injured he's pretty much forced to play with the injury.

As for the crack about his defence, I really don't care what that tackle efficiency stat says. What I know is what I see and his game-saving tackle on Vatuvei doesn't get made by a lot of blokes playing footy.

To suggest that anyone else should be our fullback is absurd. 
broncos4life

broncos4life

totally agree. The garbage people post on here used to be amusing, it's now just pathetic and insulting 
blackmandra

blackmandra

cry me a riverrrrrrr.... 
IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

Hoffman is in doubt this week with a big toe strain.

Have you heard anything more pathetic than that.

Well maybe him leaving the field with a sore mouth last year was worse. Photo finish. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Trolling isn't as fun here as it used to be hey shadow... 
bandwagon

bandwagon

What a soft cocck. er I mean toe 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Given the social media look of this site these days, surely there should be a like button Bandwagon. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

@IMASHADOW .......yes, I've heard of something more pathetic than that. Benji Marshall could be out for 2-3 months with "turf toe"

Quite painful ....apparently. LOL 
Fender

Fender

@MrFourex ... Willie Mason (yes, cute the "he's soft too" calls) suffered the same injury to his big toe when the Kangaroo's played an exhibition game in the USA, I think it was after the 2004 season. He was out for a few months with it as well. It's not an uncommon injury in the NFL. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181