Tera

Tera

Bench is fine mate :) 
GTR

GTR

Made my rleague return too late :( 
Morkel

Morkel

Yeah I decided both you and Tera were far too late to training and were not at all intoxicated so you're sitting out this year. It's either that or I have to re-jig my graphic, and, well, f$3k going to that effort. 
Tera

Tera

Fine! We'll start our own team! With blackjack... and hookers! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Knitey will give you a suitcase of cash ;) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

get back to work ya bum ;)

I will give you something shiny :lol: 
GTR

GTR

Brisbane bombers? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Hmmmm ......blackjack and hookers you say?

What's the name of your team? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Parramatta Spoons v Brisbane Banjos

The Spoons went into the match with high hopes of a win over a Banjos side who looked a bit vulnerable, and opened the scoring with a long range try to Hrt_rulz01, who backed up a great line break from Slip.

4[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Hrt_rulz01 try, Crow goal; Spoons 6-0

The Spoons continued to have the better of the contest early on and had the weight of possession and penalties in their favour. They put a lot of pressure on the Banjos defence, who managed to hold firm until the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] minute, when Chewbacca managed to exploit an overlap to extend the lead out to 12 points with the conversion.

23[SUP]rd[/SUP] min: Chewbacca try, Crow goal (2/2); Spoons 12-0

The match had been all in favour of the Spoons until that point, but a dropped ball from the Spoons gave the Banjos their first opportunity of the match, and they pounced, with Sam I Am working a nice pass for Aldo close to the line for their first points of the season.

28[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Aldo try, Sam I Am goal; Spoons 12-6

The Spoons gave away a penalty in the first set after the kickoff, and they were punished for it, as the Banjos marched down the field and Sam I Am was this time the beneficiary of some great lead up play, taking Hancock02’s pass to score under the posts.

30[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Sam I Am try and goal; 12-12

The Banjos then promptly took the kickoff and went down the other end, with Morkel this time diving on a perfectly placed kick from Mr Fourex and suddenly it was the Banjos who were in control.

32[SUP]nd[/SUP] min: Morkel try; Banjos 16-12

The Spoons had fallen apart, and quickly too – from 12-0 up they had now fallen behind 16-12, and the Banjos struck again before half time, a nice try to Hancock02 who dummied through the defence, with Sam I Am’s conversion racking up 22 unanswered points for the Banjos into the halftime break.

38[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Hancock02 try, Sam I Am goal (3/4); Banjos 22-12

Half time
Spoons – 12
Banjos – 22

The second half needed to begin well for Parramatta to have any chance of getting back into the game, and a dropped ball from Aspley Owl in the second minute of play after the resumption put them immediately under the pump, and again they were made to pay, as Maroon4life was on the end of a nice backline move, but it all looked a bit too easy.

43[SUP]rd[/SUP] min: Maroon4life try, Sam I Am goal (4/5); Banjos 28-12

The Banjos opened the Spoons up again not long after, this time off the back of a penalty, with Sexysteve swanning out in the backline as usual and scoring out wide.

50[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Sexysteve try, Sam I Am goal (5/6); Banjos 34-12

This had turned into a smash-up despite the positive way that the Spoons had started the match, but worse was to come as Nick22Bronco and then Hancock02 scored in quick succession, before BringBackBRL finished off an incredible run of 52 unanswered points with the ninth try of the game for the Banjos.

66[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Nick22Bronco try, Sam I Am goal; Banjos 40-12
68[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Hancock02 try, Sam I Am goal; Banjos 46-12
77[SUP]th[/SUP] min: BringBackBRL try, Sam I Am goal; Banjos 52-12

Full time
Banjos – 52
Hancock02 (2), Aldo, Sam I Am, Morkel, Maroon4Life, Sexysteve, Nick22Bronco, BringBackBRL tries; Sam I Am 8/9 goals
Spoons – 12
Hrt_rulz01, Chewbacca tries; Crow 2/2 goals

Golden Keyboard
Hancock02 – 3
Sam I Am – 2
Mr Fourex - 1 
MrFourex

MrFourex

F*cking smashed 'em !!!!

Well done boys. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

I was happy with my game after moving into the engine room but I'm in some doubt for the next match - I was quinted in the dressingroom after the game and I'm rather sore. 
Morkel

Morkel

A phrase that will hopefully be used forum-wide now. You certainly did us proud - especially for someone who is technically not a Broncos supporter. True professional. Now go get wasted. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

**waves something shiny in the direction of morkel** 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Shame could have been marking up against you instead of the squirel grip feather snatcher morkel 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Must be that influence of SK up that way 
Morkel

Morkel

You're going to need all the help you can get, but as if something shiny's going to distr...

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/01/03/2/1331/13311615/e1/angelina-lara-croft.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/5l6zy1.jpg 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Which won got you lost morks? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

A phrase I believe I started last season. Buggered if I remember what it was though. Squirrel with a twist?

A little more ball next time too Fourex 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Duly noted Harry ..... ;) 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Make sure you can cup though Harry 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168