The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Broncos Signings

CougaMan

CougaMan

Also, I take it that the NYC players are contracted for more than a season or is a season by season proposition for them? There are some players there that should be locked in - Hoffman, Butterfield, Hunt. 
Alec

Alec

If this happens, then unless Folau absolutely dominates every game, I'll be very dissapointed. Hodges isn't even on what Folau is getting, and he's doing a lot more in attack and taking pressure off forwards than I've ever seen Folau do. Basically, He better be making at least 20 runs and 2 tries a game. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Taylor is locked in he renewed his current contract end of last year.

Michaels has agreed to a deal he had an option in his favour he is taking that plus signing a new deal. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

NYC players are under a different cap. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

whats the deal with that Hanc? if a NYC player is called up to the NRL do they then apply to the NRL cap? 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Yeah it would have to count somehow if you called them up, match payments etc. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,23670677-5016365,00.html

A LOT of questions have been raised recently about my football future as I try to string some games together. Is his knee ever going to come good? How long can he play for?
Those are two questions I hope will be addressed by my surgery tomorrow to repair a minor knee injury. I believe it will.
But there's one thing I can tell interested Broncos fans with certainty right now: I won't be playing anywhere except the Broncos next year.
I've been struggling with the knee this season, so it's understandable people start asking all sorts of questions.
The most outlandish forecast I've heard about my knee was when someone said I'd be out a few months. The best case scenario is two weeks, although some guys have played 10 days after a scope.
And some sections of the media have been raising the scenario where I ask the Broncos to release me from the last year of my current contract in order to play for another club, probably one in England.
When I've been asked in the past couple of years if it's possible I would finish my playing career in England, I've replied I enjoyed football enough there. Sure, it does have some appeal.
But not until my current contract expries.
I couldn't see myself wanting to play for another NRL club against the Broncos.
Ivan Henjak and I have built a relationship over the years and I'd like to be coached by him next year. We're both passionate about the Broncos succeeding.
And if I was to play in 2010, I'd love it to be with the Broncos. Otherwise, England is the option.
Another possibility for 2010 is some type of coaching, but I won't seriously consider those options until at least 12 months time.
So you can see I am a long, long way from saying "Gimme that pen, where do I sign?"
What's been frustrating for me with the injury is I want to play week to week. Life's good then.
ONE positive for the Broncos tomorrow when we play Manly is how good Karmichael Hunt looked at training this week.
He missed a game with a knee problem, but no one on Suncorp Stadium will be trying harder.
"K" is a good influence with his determination in bringing the ball back and his talk behind the defensive line.
One Test player will come back to the Broncos today for training. Maybe we will have more representation at Origin level, but when Petero and company left and Tonie Carroll retired from rep footy, we knew this time of year wasn't going to be as demanding for the club as other years.
I notice the Broncos and the Titans are on top of the ladder and contributed one player between us to the Australian team which played last night.
Sam Thaiday is in a purple patch and the old warhorse Tonie Carroll has been good for us. Throw in Peter Wallace and those might be our form three players of the season so far.
Last month, I rated Manly a probable top-four finisher at the end of the season and they've been solid after the sort of slowish start grand finalists often come up with.
The boys will enjoy playing at home on a Sunday afternoon – it's the best time to play football. 
jazman84

jazman84

With Taylor, who are you gonna drop to bring him in, even Parker, an established 1st Grader will struggle to push one of the current forwards out. The most likely would be Eastwood I'd say. But if locky is fit, Stagg is in the forwards. They are trying to play Clinton into form, Kenny is playing great, as is Sims and Hannant. And Thaiday is on fire. And if Tunza is fit, he's the 1st forward picked. So there just isnt any room for him just yet. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Taylor's play would suffer as a regular first grader not improve. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

Hanc has been saying it for years now and i've only just started listening to him, Taylor isn't ready yet and needs another couple of years in Qld Cup and the odd call up to NRL level. then watch out for him to be one of the leaders in the Broncos forward pack in 2, 3 or even 4 years. 
jazman84

jazman84

I guess you guys are right. Webke made his debut as a 21yr old, Petero as a 22yr old.

Taylor is still 19, most forwards who start so early start to wayne and get premature injuries. Look at SBW And Ali Lauitiiti for instance.

I think it is a good idea getting Taylor to develop more as a player. At the moment he seems to rely on genetics and plays in the moment alot. Once he reachs a point where he can play 1st grade week in week out... he will be a scary young man. 
Ged

Ged

Yeah. I've come around with taylor as well. To the extent where i get annoyed when family members and mates state how good he is. He's good for his age but he has a bit of work to do still. 
Ged

Ged

Any rumours on where Moon might be heading, hank? As long as he doesn't go to souffs, i'm happy. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Not that I have heard I have been summonsed to training on Wednesday so see what I can scope out but I think he will stay, he was waited it out this long why would you leave 12 months before Locky ends?

Spend 12 more months learning and filling in where you can and then have a real crack at the 6 in 2010. 
Kool87

Kool87

So your convinced he is the 5/8 in waiting Hanc? 
Kool87

Kool87

Exactly, whats the rush, its not like he doesnt have time on his side! 
Kool87

Kool87

Oh yeah for sure, I bet thats the bare minimum the Broncos are expecting of him too! :roll: 
Kool87

Kool87

Perhaps he is confident in the clubs ability to turn out 'blue ribbon' Front Rower's, its not like there isnt a good precedent there, Webcke, Petero, Gee etc 
Kool87

Kool87

Haha, ask him straight out Hanc, tell him us forumers badly need to know lol! 
Hancock02

Hancock02

I think Stagg is going to leave to England.

Hannant, Kemp and Boyd will be offered bigger deals to stay.

I see Stagg and Ennis being our loses. 
Kool87

Kool87

I could live with all of that, Stagg has proved very useful and versatile over the years however, and I think we were only just getting to see the best of Ennis, which is a shame

Does anybody think there is any possibility that we will be entering the player market at all again this year? 
Kool87

Kool87

Hahah, make sure you ask Moon for us Hanc, and Hannant too, tell them were dying over here waiting for an answer and we'd be really happy to know once and for all lol! 
Ged

Ged

What exactly is your role with teh broncos. Do you do coaching clinics or something? 
Kool87

Kool87

He played 274 games for them, mostly on the wing, was the clubs most capped player for ages, he also played for QLD and Australia for a while lol 
robinson.will

robinson.will

LOL:lol::lol::lol: 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181