rleague.com

Broncos Signings

Broncos2011

Broncos2011

Moon was ****in awesome at Lcentre on the weekend 
Kool87

Kool87

You reckon, why?

Spots at Lock, 5/8 and perhaps even Centre are all on the horizon, if he has stuck around that long he'd be insane to bail out now! 
Kool87

Kool87

I thought he showed patches of good work, as well as patches of awful work, so I wouldn't go as far as to say f*cking excellent, but he has probably done enough to hold his spot in the side, and I'll be interested to see how he goes with a few weks in the side given Hunt may be a while coming back 
Clintos

Clintos

I heard he wanted out. Melbourne are apparently interested as they want a long term 5/8. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

If Broncos did manage to sign Inglis i would love him to play fullback with Hunt playing either 5/8 or Lock. Inglis is the most dangerous fullback in the comp, thing is he cant get a game there. 
Broncos2011

Broncos2011

Inglis, Folau, Hodges and Hunt running in the backline???

Not cheap 
robinson.will

robinson.will

yeah but at this stage we wouldn't have Lockyer ($500K to spend my friend) 
robinson.will

robinson.will

Imo there is no chance in hell the Broncos sign either Inglis (although i would love it) or Smith (something i wouldn't love) 
Kool87

Kool87

Inglis could command that much pretty easily I'd reckon? 
Kool87

Kool87

Dont get me wrong, he is an excellent Fullback, but his work at 5/* reminds me so much of a raw Lockyer in the position, though obviously his kicking and passing game is probably not as good as Locky's was back then but it will no doubt imrpove with time and the right coaching, and Wallace's kicking game is excellent IMO, and what Inglis loses in kicking he probably makes up for in his running game and athletesism, and the Broncos will need another game breaker to replace one of the best of thelast decade in Lockyer, there is probably no better fit than Greg Inglis IMO 
Kool87

Kool87

Fair enough, clearly they see no future for Inglis there then? 
Hancock02

Hancock02

A few years ago they made a huge play for him, Sullivan wanted him as the Hill replacement. He resigned and was convinced his time will come. 
Clintos

Clintos

I heard this about a week ago. 
Kool87

Kool87

Which makes him wanting to leave sound strange, he is closer now than he was back then to a spot? 
uqlangel

uqlangel

I think the increase in game time coming from Michaels injury will be just the thing Moon needs to convince him to stay. 
ian_nelson

ian_nelson

Michaels is set to sign a new deal. I eitther gonna be his 1 year option or a new 3 year deal. Happy the club didn't reduce the amount on offer after his second knee reconstruction in 3 seasons.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

GTR

GTR

michaels is quality and well worth signing..
moon played ok on friday night.. but that was against a winless souths.. ive seen plenty of his game time and to me he would need to play his a$$ off for the broncs to wanna sign him longterm.. we have always got talent coming thru and i wouldnt be upset if he went elsewhere.. 
ian_nelson

ian_nelson

Moon has been shafted really in terms of game time, shoved in different positions, and sent out the last 7 minutes of matches and expected to shine. I think he would get more game time under Henjak and really show what he can do. He is our long term prospect in the 6, not Hunt. For me when Lockyer retires i'd like to see

1 - Boyd
2 - Michaels
3 - Hodges
4 - Folau
5 - who ever we have out of Kemp, Robinson, Hewit or some other young up and comer
6 - Moon
7 - Wallace

13 - Hunt

It wont happen of course, but one can hope it does. 
jazman84

jazman84

I'd rather see Michaels in center than Folau. 
robinson.will

robinson.will

Folau will be in the centers and rightly so. 
Ged

Ged

Switch Hunt and Moon and it's a good possibility tbh. 
jazman84

jazman84

For the sake of a game plan I think they will swap alot.

Cause as a defensive line, it would be easy to leave Michaels unmarked on the wing and come in on Izzy to shut him down, as it would be easier to take Michaels into touch 1 on 1.

However, with Izzy on the wing it will make their opposition's Wing/Centre combo very nervous. And it would create more opportunities for both players. 
ian_nelson

ian_nelson

I think Hunt lacks the kicking and passing game to play 6. Moon is well ahead of Hunt in this regard. Look at Moon on the weekend, and watch him if he players in michaels absence ( which he should ). He had the defense in two minds with ball in hand, great step, much better than Hunt's, great passing game, and running game. 
khashiz

khashiz

For 200k (as documented by paper) he would want to hang round.i believe he is a future star great ball runner,ball player,size, and still very young. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Getting a bit carried away about Moon, I still haven't seen him dominate QC week to week. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181