The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Ben Te'o & Dane Gagai

MT_report

MT_report

I really do have to shake my head at some of the "Sack Griffin" comments I see on the internet because the club got rid of Dane Gagai. From all reports he was a petulant little shit who misbehaved because he wasn't given a first grade spot. Yes, he's a promising young player. But to think he had some sort of divine right to a Brisbane Broncos starting spot so could behave the way he did and then people turn around and say "Sack the coach" is ridiculous.

If Wally Lewis, Gene Miles, Kerrod Walters and a few others weren't too big to get the flick from the club then Dane Gagai surely isn't. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

100% agree.

I think you'll find alot of the "sack Griffin" crowd on the internet is basically one guy using various alias's

and as it turns out, is Gagai's cousin. He used to run the name Elia Turquiri........ 
professional

professional

Griffin is a pretty good coach. So far I think he has done well considering the circumstances. Sacking him would accomplish nothing. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

I left him out, not intentionally, I think he went okay last year.

This year will be his tester. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Agreed. Amazing potential, he's a bolter for Origin IMO. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

How old is he? 
MT_report

MT_report

I don't think he's a starting prop. That's not a blight on his skills but he was just so good coming off the bench in 2011 and I think that's why we brought Petero back to start for 15 minutes and then bring McGuire on. 
CapedFan

CapedFan

Glenn and Gillette weren't off contract though so?

And we have signed a quality former rep half to take Normans place, sounds good to me. 
tangy_taste

tangy_taste

Strong rumour is this be will Griffin last season. Talks have already started with Bellamy. From what I'm hearing the players feel Griffin has lost his sense of direction. The recruiting of Scott Prince was the final straw. It's Henjak all over again. Hopefully Griffin gets to see out the season at least. 
MT_report

MT_report

Bellamy has also been linked to Roosters and Warriors over the last few months. Bellamy to Broncos 'rumours' will always be thrown around. Have so since 2008.

And from the reports I've read Griffin was the last to get on board with the Prince signing. 
broncos4life

broncos4life

The recruitment of prince was forced upon griffin so I'm not sure why it would be 'the final straw'. Also I have heard that the players are happy with the prince recruitment, mainly cos they may actually see the ball 
Morkel

Morkel

That's an interesting one. Griffin's statement was that he 'tried to talk him out of it', which reading between the lines meant no promises and that he would be surplus to requirements unless his performance gave them no choice but to pick him in the 17. In contrast, Prince said that the interest from the Broncos came at the 11th hour (suggesting that the Broncos contacted him, not the other way around). I guess they could be both telling the truth (as far as they were aware) and it might have been Prince's manager playing shenanigans with both sides. 
CapedFan

CapedFan

You're so full of shit, just admit you haven't heard these rumours at all. You just want them to happen.

Griffin didn't actually want to sign Prince so there's more shit you can wipe off your chin. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Rule number 1 in the Brisbane forum, never bag the coach.

Some people on here were staunch defenders of Henjak, and anyone who bagged him they took it personally.

Then he got sacked. LOLZ

That is not spoken of now.... nothing to see here, move a long please, .it NEVER happened...

Btw IF Griffin has had anything to do with recruitment the last 2 years, he should be sacked and so should anyone involved in it.

Would not surprise me if he gets the ass, but in saying that, unless you can quote a link to the "rumour" you will be fodder for the one eyed masses.... 
Foordy

Foordy

Signing Prince was a great idea... if it gives us nothing else, it makes it so our halves have to perform or face getting dropped. our halves were terrible at the back end of last year... but we had no one to replace them with so we had to leave them in the side. 
tangy_taste

tangy_taste

Yeah exactly. I bet when Griffin does get the sack these same supporters will be saying how he was a shit coach anyway and they support the club's decision etc. 
tangy_taste

tangy_taste

WRONG. It was Griffin that approach Prince. The shit he told the media is what really made the players pissed off. The players knew Griffin wanted Prince all along. 
harr

harr

Those players if true are probably the same ones that feel threatened. The same under performing halves. Tough shit 
CapedFan

CapedFan

Where's your proof? All the articles I've seen say otherwise. 
MT_report

MT_report

Which players?

I know of one who in particular was upset (and not a half). You PM the players you've spoken to and if my guy is on that list I'll believe you. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Bag the coach all you want pumpkin, just be able to back it up. So far, you've been unable to supply a link to a quote/source. As already stated, the Bellamy rumour has been around for years and considering the money he reportedly turned down from the Warriors, I find it very difficult to believe he'll be coming to Brisbane. One thing is true though, if the Prince signing is a dud, Griffin will take the blame despite the fact that he didn't want him. 
bigbear

bigbear

You are kidding ,he is trying to establish himself as a starting nrl front rower.If you talk about him as a QLD origin front rower all that can mean is QLDs front row stocks are very low. 
tangy_taste

tangy_taste

How much do we missed these two already? I know it's only round 2 but gee whiz it looks like a long year! 
professional

professional

Oh noes. Broncos lost the first game. Hit the panic button! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181