The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Ben Te'o & Dane Gagai

tangy_taste

tangy_taste

Anthony Grffin should be sacked for letting these two players go. 
View all 85 comments
professional

professional

Didn't read like that. You said that Te'o was the only forward who was any good. That sounds very clearly like a criticism of the entire team, rather than specifically about their retention policies.

Feeble excuse for a dumb statement IMO. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Take it as criticism of the whole team if you like. It was there for all to see last Friday night. No committment from a vastly overrated over paid playing roster. The sad part is blokes like you still seem to rate them. Otherwise you would appreciate the loss of Teo it relation to the under achievers that remain. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Well that whole statement is a lie. They didn't get rid of Teo. They attempted to retain him but couldn't match the $. Your statement deceitfully implies that they offloaded Teo so that they could get Prince and Stagg instead. It is pure fiction. 
Maximus89

Maximus89

No they didn't. Teo signed with souths in May. Prince signed in October, and Stagg in November. If they were dumping him to sign those 2, why wait 5 months? 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

How can it be fiction. Last time I checked Teo was playing for Souths and Prince and Stagg were playing for the Bronks. That is right isn't it Champ. But then if you think thats good recruitment suit yourself. You blokes are sure hard to get through to. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Read what I wrote. The answer to your question is right before your eyes.

Your name is one of those "ironic" nick names isn't it? Kind of like when the red head gets called bluey, or the fat bloke gets called slim..... 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

This League Guru bloke has a point. 
professional

professional

That I'm a champ? 
alchemist

alchemist

Brisbane's issues are not at centre or second row 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I thought I was the champ.

Well, in that case he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. 
SteveH

SteveH

Its simply crazy to compare the non-retention of Teo and the signing of Prince.
Two very different players performing very different roles. A bit like a company letting a boilermaker go and hiring an accountant.
Nothing personal to Ben Teo (I rate him highly), but we have plenty of boilermakers whilst our accountancy department is a mess.
As for Stagg, the Bulldogs are right up there as premiership favourites, and I am pretty sure they would have used Stagg in the same way we will. What team wouldn't? 
brendanalderson

brendanalderson

For you TS, he meant chump! I think he has one of those weird Uzbekistan keyboards where the 'a' and the 'u' are really close together. That, coupled with his fat fingers, makes for plenty of spelling mistakes. 
Dogga

Dogga

Couldn't care less about Gagai (just another stock standard outside back- and may even not be NRL standard in the long run), Teo a bit of a loss but can't keep em all . 
professional

professional

Gagai will play Origin (if he doesn't choose the Kiwis). 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Pfft ....... against a woeful Tigers defense with the numpty brothers Ayshford and Lawrence, even I'd look with a shimmy shimmy woosh.

Gagai......doesn't look like origin material to me. 
Dogga

Dogga

I'd be very surprised - Origin that is, if he chooses Kiwis I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Surely Gagai is just as good as any other Qld outside back that has come through in recent years, sure he's probably not going to break into the team anytime soon but there's no reason why he can't in the future especially if a few injuries hit. 
Ebi

Ebi

Gee hope Gagai and the Knights don't crush your lot-you might look an utter clown :D 
professional

professional

Didn't even see that game. 
alchemist

alchemist

i could see Gagai playing Origin in a couple years in the post-Hodges period 
professional

professional

The post-Hodges period should have already started http://www.cricsim.com/images/smilies/ph34r.gif 
Morkel

Morkel

Oh you. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Can't tackle..... 
professional

professional

Neither could Inglis when he started (and he still isn't great) and neither can Hodges. It would be great if all centres were well-rounded but recent history teaches us that being a defensively-limited, attacking-oriented centre is no barrier to playing representative football. 
professional

professional

Actually in fairness to Inglis he can tackle quite well. His positioning and reading in defence was always ... 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168