The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Round 1 Vs Manly

MrFourex

MrFourex

I don't understand the value having him as depth in the Qcup......what depth is required there?

I think he was bought to be used exactly as Griffin has done. To stiffen up the NRL bench 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Not only that Harry but find some aggression as well. I swear he is basically already going to ground before a hand has even been laid on him sometimes. 
professional

professional

Just a depth signing in case of injuries and during the Origin period. Much like Anthony Quinn at Newcastle he is an older guy, was ready to retire and is probably on a very small contract. Signing him basically costs nothing so if he does contribute then that is a bonus but if you never/rarely use him it isn't a real loss.

He would be useful to have kicking around midyear when you lose Thaiday, Parker, Hannant and possibly McGuire/Gillett to representative duties. 
Morkel

Morkel

Hopefully they're fitter this year. All the talk last year was on breaking strength records and to be honest a lot of the struggling mid to late in the season looked seriously like fitness. Origin or not, they were buggered. Even if they are fitter this year, it's about to become a whole lot looser around the rucks, we'll need all the help we can get. 
maddley

maddley

He was training with Wynnum a couple of weeks back. 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

No idea how to pick, with stewart out and waiting to see on the form of DCE & Prince it's a bit of a blind pick. If i had money to put on it I'd say manly in a non blow out.

Glad its back. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Hmmm not to sure what to make of that performance..

We looked pretty good in the first half. With a bit of luck we could of been 14 points ahead at half time. Marantas try was the best one we have scored in 5 years.

The second half.. Rubbish.
Interesting what the coach will have to say about the second half performance but im sure the line "we didn't work hard enough for it"
will get a run somewhere. 
farles

farles

There was nothing positive to come out of that game except Hodges.

Nothing has changed.

Reed still hasn't got a clue how to pass to an open winger. The guys is not first grader.
Norman has not got a creative bone in his body. Nice kick out on the full from the restart too.
Wallace is still Wallace, trying to play like Cronk with the Halfback skills of Brent Kite. (Even Kite can get a repeat set from kicks)
Why do we have Stagg? Useless as tits on a bull.
Griffin still cant coach. If he could, Hodges would be fullback.
We still cant read decoy runners. Manly use the same left hand side move on us last year 15 times.
Where was the chasers on Wallace's great kick. Tafua, picks it up and runs 40 metres.
Gillett is still lost
McCollough still has white line fever. Every time we get close to the line, he tries to barge his 55kg frame across the line.

We are a deadset joke. All i can hope for now is that we lose the next 3 and Griffin gets the arse. He is twit. 
Tsunami2010

Tsunami2010

I do not understand why Wallace is even playing NRL. Worst. Halfback. Ever. 
Tic

Tic

Calm down chicken little. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Whilst I completely agree ......but even I can't hang tonight all on Wallace

just about every player was shit .......

Parker went alright....Hodges got sloppy towards the back end. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

No...you're a dead set joke !!

f*ck off... 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Truth hurts your ears don't it. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

No surprise there you supporting someone death riding his team ........you did it for years. 
Tic

Tic

Na mate, I read with my eyes not ears. In any case, if it did, it would more hurt my feelings rather than any pain upon my physical being. You have such a poor knowledge of human anatomy. Lol. Ankle up though, there is hope for us all. 
farles

farles

Nice one you twit.

You're pretty tough on email. I imagine you to be some pimply arse virgin that never played the game and think they know it all.

Mwah 
HarrySack

HarrySack

So farles, we've established that you want Hodges at the back. Who would you have in his place? Considering as well that Reed is playing like ass and needs to rapidly pick up his game or else he'll be replaced by Kahu. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Speaking of arses ...why don't you pull the tampon out of yours, you pea hearted sook.

It's not going to be an easy road and fair weathered fans like you are going to be in for a long season.

Quit your crying.......!! 
Tic

Tic

What if that was actually true and Mr Fourex did not enjoy it. Wouldn't he then be extremely critical of Griffin considering he has been raping him? You did not think that through Farles which is totally out of character for you. 
farles

farles

Simple.

Thaiday is not effective at Prop.
Move Thaiday to the back row and Hannant to the starting side
Glenn can play one centre
Either Kahu, Hoffman or Norman the other centre depending on who has more experience and can read defence well
Reed on one wing as he can still leap high and take kicks and if he still doesn't improve, Maranta can handle the job or hopefully Yow Yeah will be back.
And because we lack pace, we need Kemp on the other wing.

With Hodges creating space on either side we don't need traditional centres as Hodges can do his thing.

We have zero creativity and thats Griffins fault. We don't run decoy plays like Manly. We haven't since Hunt left.

If all else fails, we should throw a couple Million at Thurston and a decent coach and start again. The players are obviously not happy with Griffin. They are not playing for him.

Harry, don't you agree that these days its most important to have your best attacking weapon playing FB and not isolated on one side. Inglis, Barba, Stewart, Dugan, Slater, Bowen are all great examples. What a coincidence that these sides were all in the top 8 last year. 
Tic

Tic

Not completely disagreeing with you, but so were the broncos..... 
professional

professional

The Broncos need to work on their right hand side. In attack it is an absolute handful (as you would expect) but defensively they looked to be caught out a few times.

Hodges played very well tonight. Loved his tackle on Matai early in the game - it was just raw power. 
professional

professional

Agree that Parker and Hodges were pretty much the pick of the Broncos.

Hodges was a little bit sloppy but he is one of the few players who comes out of the game looking pretty good. Defensively he tackled like pus but I thought a lot of the weakness down the right edge had more to do with Gillett than it did with Hodges. And in the first half he was very dangerous in attack. The biggest issue for the Broncos is that they didn't get Hodges the ball enough in the second half.

Wallace was brutal though. I think you might be being a bit lenient on him :P 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Our biggest problem at the moment is that there is a massive gap between our best football and our worst. We can look top notch for periods and then slide to be abysmal soon after. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Yeah....I stopped right there.

No need to read the rest of your dribble..... 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181