The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Round 1 Vs Manly

Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Think this will be a cracking game of football.
Both teams have not won any pre season games but that will count for nothing on the night. The make up of our team for this game would be far from settled. 
View all 127 comments
farles

farles

See what happened at Parra today. Same bunch of footballers, decent coach. Griffins got to go. He is worse than Henjack. 
professional

professional

:lol: :lol: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Steve Kearney is on the coaching team right ;) 
turnip

turnip

Parra didn't play well, NZ were just hopeless. 
farles

farles

NZ kept us basically scoreless 2 week ago. Same side... 
turnip

turnip

yes because trial form means anything.... hahaha idiot. 
farles

farles

He last trial means something. 
Tera

Tera

Jesus Christ it's week one, settle down. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Farles has an agenda.

He wants Brisbane to keep losing so he can keep getting his rocks off with his anti-griffin rants. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

So who do you want to replace Griffin with ...... 
Lewis06

Lewis06

I think his wish will come true. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

At least you guys are playing us next week. You can really practice those attacking plays and run up a decent Points differential ;) 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Marcus Marcus Marcus...

From what i saw of todays game we will be up against it on Friday night. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

Lewis06 in disguise. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Yeah.....:rolls: 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. I don't entirely disagree with the bold. However, I do not agree with weakening our centres by a MASSIVE amount, just to make our FB position stronger. In fact, in your scenario we weaken more than that. Glenn is one of our top attacking options and you want to move him? Sure he can fill in at centre if the need arises but Glenn full time in the 4 won't work. Also, as has already been pointed out, we made the 8 last year with Hoffman at FB for the majority. The fact that for 1 game Hodges had an impact doesn't mean shit. The harsh reality of last season is that we only made the 8 because of our excellent start to the year (when Hoffman was FB might I add) and a lucky draw at the end. Not to mention a number of results going our way.

Prince and Wallace have only just started playing together and are only just starting to learn each others games/styles. Yes they've had a pre season together but Imo, it's not until a combination is under pressure that they TRULY see how their opposite is. Thaiday needs a VC Imo, or does he have one? I don't think he has what it takes to lead but it was obviously offered to him as a sweetener in his last deal so we're stuck with it. Once again, Stagg is not an impact player and needs to start or fluff off. Once again, Hunt is a waste of a bench spot and needs to be in Qcup. Hell, maybe a little xp there might solve one of our creator issues. Bring in The Baptiste. Norman at FB? Meh. Reed needs to turn things around. Quickly. Kahu has always been talked up and if he can stay fit and Reed continues to be shite, Kahu will take his spot. Thurston isn't going anywhere, deal with it. Which coach is available that wasn't sacked for being shit? 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

If i was the coach i would have selected a different team last week but it was attitude that cost us the game more then anything. Having a halfback run straight through 4 blokes was embarassing. 
broncos4life

broncos4life

That was a trial you halfwit. Seriously just STFU ever comment you make just proves how little you know 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Then I guess you'll both be getting your rocks off together.

:eek: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

its like an interchange Lewis06 stopped becoming a broncos supporter and joined the cowboys and we had Farles waiting in reserves to take his spot. 
MT_report

MT_report

That was terrible. 
farles

farles

Spot on Lewis. You are one guys that can see the writing on the wall. 
farles

farles

Harry.........

It was 6 years ago but the last time Hodges played fullback was when we won it in 2006. Hunt was forced to play on the wing since we got on a roll in the last few rounds. Leading up to that run, Hunt was fullback and we lost a load of games after SOO. These days, a centre and a wide running backrower (Glenn) play pretty much the same position. The fact that Glenn is smaller then most of the effective wide running backrowers gives more reason to push him out there. At least he can pass the ball (unlike Reed) and is a better allround footballer. By moving Glenn out there means Thaiday can play in his preferred position which has him run at halfbacks rather than front rowers. Thaiday is not effective in the ruck, in fact he is terrible.

On Thaiday and his captaincy, if you look at the likes of Lewis, Langer, Tallis and Lockyer, they were all players at the top of their game. Thaiday has been on a down hill slide for two years. He's not a superstar. I think we have made a big mistake giving him the captaincy. Not sure who I would give it to either but I dont think he is the right choice.

We are definitely lacking someone who can bend the line. Hala comes to mind, not sure of his fitness though.

Agreed that Hunt is total waste. One hooker is all we need even though he has white line fever far too often.

Taking Hodges away from the centres will take some defensive work off him and preserve him for attack. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Hodges will get a lot more work both defensively and in attack as a fullback then he does at centre.......

He's still lucky to get through 3-4 games in a row as it is, due to his legs/hammys etc etc

If he was still as young as he was back in 2006....you may have an arguement

Simple fact is.....he's not.

Who plays fullback is far from the biggest issue with Brisbane at the moment. 
professional

professional

No it ****ing doesn't. You sound like the idiots in the Souths forum who think that the best indicator of being a good centre is being fast and big (in fact they've even narrowed down the optimal weight to 95kg).

Glenn has shown that he is a very good wide running backrower, so his size is clearly not an issue and is irrelevant to the issue. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

You blokes must have watched a different game to me. Hodges had a shocker, Matai gave him the short back and sides. There was an instance where he missed Matai completely and the commentators blamed Maranta who had to mark up two on one. As for him playing fullback, what a joke. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181